Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Do I Collect My Money?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Collect My Money?? (4385 Views)

My Husband Steals My Money / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / They Just Want Me For My Money Etc... Does True Love Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2012
you had a personal contract with the deceased, it has been terminated by death.

Forget about the cash and move on.. Life happens.
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Basildon1:
The fact that a contract was not signed should mean nothing if conscience and dignity counts. He has a BOUNCED cheque on his hands which is probably similar to the rent that the husband couldnt pay!

An old post, but as I was quoted here...

I kind of understand where you're coming from bro. But how can a rubber cheque be similar to the rent the husband of the deceased couldn't pay? Because right now, we only have the OP's word that the money the deceased lady allegedly borrowed from him, was to pay rent her husband couldn't afford. A returned cheque proves the deceased made an attempt to pay the OP, it doesn't prove what the money was for, unless I'm missing something.

Basildon1: U may have misunderstood my last post but I meant, debt does not go away with death, the surviving BENEFICIARY will take on the debt.

The surviving beneficiary is only obligated to take on the debt, if there is sufficient proof what the money was for. The only two people who know what the "loan" was for are the OP and the woman, and she's dead. The husband would have to acknowledge the loan. This is where a third party would have come in handy (verbal agreement) or a contract of some sort (written agreement).

Basildon1:
A verbal contract is as good as a written one.

Fact - as long as a Third Party was present (Verbal Agreement).

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
nzenze2: @siena...i dont like your tone..you are always sounding as if i had an affair with the lady in question,and that meeting the husband will be difficult..pray tell..do you know the husband of the lady??i have taken tym to explain the whole issue..yet you doubt my story,..please don't compound my problems.

Sorry, no offense intended. My tone? How can you infer anything from my postings? I never said you had an affair with the deceased, you've brought that up, not me. I'm only giving my opinion, what I'm saying is no different from what you'd get if you decided to go legal. The defense would hammer you. I don't know the husband of the deceased lady, neither am I doubting your story. I'm just posting based upon what you've posted.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
If the post is not out-dated . . . .

Please forget the money and learn from it next time. I have this principle, any money I can afford to 'lend', I can also afford to forfiet!

The moment you gave her that money, there's the risk of not getting it back.

If her family husband was aware of the money, he should attempt to repay you. If however he ignores it, then kindly forget about the money! It's just money my dear, not blood!
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
^^^^Joan!!! shocked

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
^^^ What
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ujujoan: ^^^ What

Lol...nothing. It's just it's the first time we've agreed on anything. wink

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: How Do I Collect My Money?? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lol grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seeking To Adopt 2 Ladies As My Biological Children / ,,, / “that Boy Calls You Father, Do Not Bear A Hand In His Death”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.