Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,002 members, 7,903,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V (5705 Views)

TOKUNBO 2005 Honda CR-V 4WD EX...N1.8m / Clean Tokunbo 2000 Model Honda Cr-v 4x4 Lx: Price: N1.4m Naira Only / SOLD! SOLD!!2000 / 2001 HONDA CR-V EX TOKUNBOH NEWLY ARRIVAL @ cheap price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 2:45am On Apr 23, 2012
^^^ Looking at the cost of battery guy, the water . . . the gas and the rest, was it cheaper than towing?
Also, if you add your labor to it.
However, the experience of making a dead ride walk is priceless.
Following with all in me to see how this turn out.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2012
Fhemmmy: ^^^ Looking at the cost of battery guy, the water . . . the gas and the rest, was it cheaper than towing?
Also, if you add your labor to it.
However, the experience of making a dead ride walk is priceless.
Following with all in me to see how this turn out.

Baba Fhemmo, thanks for the follow up. We will do our best not to disappoint you.
Per your questions, here's the cost breakdown and thereof, make a decision for yourself.

Battery hire = N2500
Fuel abt 10lt = N1000
Water = N200 bag of sachet water was what i bought, carrying it along.

Miscellaneous like okada to the guy that bought fuel and small dash money grin Nigerians can like to ask = N400

That's about N4100. Compare to the cost of towing.

Now in terms of towing or not, i didn't compare it with the above cost.
What i had in mind then was, what if the top gasket burns as a result of the over heating
What will it cost me to fix compared to the cost of towing?

I looked at it critically and knew it was gonna be more to fix had it gone bad but as a Nigerian grin(we love dining with the devil)
I decided to rough it out.

But all i can say that helped me was a little experience. Don't throttle. Once u do, it will start smoking
Since the engine hasn't been subjected to nay tough or strenuous run.
Meanwhile, more off loading pictures for u

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2012
Ok,

Continuing from yesterday, we will complete the journey issues.
I got to my location and headed straight to my body shop. On sighting me, boys knew there was work.
I no even park motor, dem don begin strip am getting set for work.

But i had my team. so they picked themselves and we started analysing the work to be done.
One thing i made clear to them was that i didn't want the shoddy work they normally did on cars for resale.
So buyers, take note. Your panel beaters and painters decide what quality job to do depending on the purpose of the car.
The likelihood of a poor job is mostly dependent on the client but most cars for resale get nice cosmetic buffs on the surface but on the inside, u will need to be tech to be able to see how shoddy their work can be.

However on this, i made it clear i want the best possible quality i can get. And because there wasn't much work, i was sure to have their attention
fully on the unit. It is good to have money oo grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Anyway, we did the analysis of work to be done, and it included;

Going to the "Stretcher" to 'pull'(don't know if there is a technical name for this) out the compressed chassis.
Some spaces, no matter how small may have shortened as a result of the crash impact and in some cases impeded the smooth opening of the doors
and other openings.

For this one, the gap between the rear right door and chassis had shortened compared to the other side, the left front door will open
but with some noise hence it will need to be spaced. The Radiator, condenser, fan and fan assembly was almost resting on the engine block.
This was not bad as there was some space but not the normal space. So the front frame where u have the hood latch and stand will be pulled as well. It looked so smooth as first. The front bumper reinforcement was already bent as u can see from the pre-shipment photos so it will be straightened and used again, welding the cracked part. cool shocked

Then paint work: I asked a question on which was gonna be better; normal painting or oven baked. I eventually chose oven baked cos of the taste of the
end user. I didn't want any iota of notice. It was for this reason that i didn't panel beat the hood back to shape but chose to use the replacement part.
Again, it was asked, do i paint the parts worked on or the whole unit?
After much back and forth, i settled for the whole body except the roof and surroundings.

I will continue in another thread

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
Additional Services:

I noticed little imperfections. But that was expected with a car in this condition
But everything is factored in towards making the best of the situation.

Leaking Power Steering fluid = this was discovered on Saturday after i discovered an empty fluid container was the reason for the stiff steering. I bought the fluid and refilled. But the moment i started the car, everything to leave of the container . . . . .unto the floor sad sad sad
I am as yet to trace where the leak is from and then plug it.

AC = Of course, with the bent condenser, it was expected that this will go bad.

Cracked left front and rear tail lamps. I might need to replace them with the near perfect target in mind. But let the important work be done with first.

Missing Radiator = Now, this is the most annoying condition in this transaction so far cry cry
I bought a replacement radiator in US and it was said to have been loaded with the car. But i can't find it. was it stolen? Misplaced? Not loaded? I am holding my agent responsible on this as there was no case of theft at the off loading point.

Other factors to envisage include, vehicle washing, head lamp seating maybe fabricated, miscellaneous
Any development will surely be reported here.

I hope i am adding value

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2012
Cost so far as agreed with my technicians

Panel Beater = N18,000.00
Oven Baked Painting = N60,000.00
Battery Charging = N2500 (now i was assured there was no need buying a new battery as the one that came with the car has some life in it. All i need do was change the water in it and charge it at the cost above).

I am considering buying a new replacement radiator. Some are suggesting double cell but the car came with single cell and that's what i am buying.
Keep your calcs working

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
So that is it for now. . . . . when i get back home this evening, i look to getting more pictures
But for now, this is the journey so far. cool cool

Ask questions if you have any and we will gladly answer.
Bring people to see the thread.

Meanwhile, the last pics
cool

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
Not bad at all . . . Loving it and learning lots
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by calculusx(m): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2012
Emperoh: Ok,

Going to the "Stretcher" to 'pull'(don't know if there is a technical name for this) out the compressed chassis.

Then paint work: I asked a question on which was gonna be better; normal painting or oven baked. I eventually chose oven baked cos of the taste of the
end user. I didn't want any iota of notice. It was for this reason that i didn't panel beat the hood back to shape but chose to use the replacement part.
Again, it was asked, do i paint the parts worked on or the whole unit?
After much back and forth, i settled for the whole body except the roof and surroundings.

Ans 1: FRAME MACHINE. Will send the pics later

Ans 2: With a good painter, you dont need to bake the whole body, it depends on the ratio at which the paint is mixed that determines the desire result. Big ups
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
calculusx:

Ans 1: FRAME MACHINE. Will send the pics later

Ans 2: With a good painter, you dont need to bake the whole body, it depends on the ratio at which the paint is mixed that determines the desire result. Big ups

Waoh. . . . . . .I am happy i set this up.
Another great knowledge racked up. . . i must admit i don't really know so much about car painting and how to get the desired result
But maybe i will use this one to pay closer attention and get one or two things up stairs

Thanks calculus
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2012
As at last nyte, the back has been done?

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^^ Looking good already . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Fhemmy,
I would have gotten more pictures if not for my bb messing up. I already snapped the front pics and everything somehow lost them as they got corrupted.

I hope to get home early enough today.

Update:
I missed telling the house about the severed exhaust pot/silencer. Funny enough, the sound was or will I say sounded ok to me. But u could hear it roaring but quietly.

I have to straigthen the pipes underneath, get another muffler, net and hanging pipes. Electric welding and all other accessories are costing me close N9k.

I am spending another N2k to fix the leaking power steering hose.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^^ Keep the fun coming and the lecture , , , loving it
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
Updates. . . . .

Ok,nothing much happened yesterday save for the exhaust system that was fixed and hung up as well as the power steering leak
You will see evidence with one of the pictures.

Work stalled cos of the absent radiator. They cannot couple the front bumper and accessories
if the radiator, condenser and ac guy doesn't finish up. So i had to rush to Oyingbo market from my office, the headquarters of Honda parts
to get a new radiator. If u look closer at the coupled rear from the pictures, u will notice that the right reflector on the bumper is missing.
I also got that. Comparing cost, i realised it was cheaper to buy some parts here than in US.

It cost me about 220 dollars to get the missing radiator, which is about N32k
But i got this one for just N12k. The reflector cost me N2000.00 Expensive if you ask me.

I dropped it off when i got home last nyte. So i hope that by the time i get home tonight,
the car will have taken shape. At least before painting.

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
More pictures . . . . . .

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
Keep the lecture coming Chief . . . You doing a great job
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2012
Sorry guys, for not updating as frequent.
Controlling artisans can be a pain in the back side. . . couple of set backs here and there but not serious
In all, we have lost about two days in this job. But thank God this is not US where work is billed per hour.

We have primed everything ready for oven baking. Coulda done it today but no space at the oven adjudged to be the best
withing my area so we have to put it off till monday.
The unit is currently under-going interior and engine wash; extensive wash as well.
I will not buff it until the final paint job is out.

Update pictures at car wash on saturday

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
Guys,

I guess we are gradually getting there. I shoulda been done with this work, but i guess the worse thing to do is to give an artisan
work to do and leave him by himself unattended. I experienced it first hand at the car wash on saturday. Dude left my car and was attending to others.
Dropped off a car at 11am and it wasn't ready as at 6 pm. grin shocked shocked shocked

The painter and panel beater are proving the same to me.
They have proven time and time again to be unreliable no matter how talented.
This car was meant to go to the oven on saturday but somehow, dude conned me and went off to owambe
He shifted to monday and as i write this, this unit is yet to go to the oven.

Thank God tomorrow is holidays in Nigeria.
So i will get a rubber seat and share the sun with them. It's just opposite my house.

I do not wish to bore u with ma stories, just compensate with some pics.
You assessments can start coming in now.

Pics taken on Sunday Morning

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2012
The pictures are preparatory to painting.

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
On hindsight, i shouldn't have gotten a new hood and front bumpers
The ones removed from the car were still good enough.

I will get them and store them in case of 'incasities'.

More pics

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
its good to love something and do it with joy.
The things i dismembered from this car and fitted back on saturday morning were much.
Rear lights(changed the dead bulbs), fitted back the interior casings on the trunk lid.

knobs and screws missing in the engine bay. I will do the battery tomorrow.
Not for lack of tools, i would have done the oil change maself.

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
There is a small crack on the right rear light. It is also not as shiny as the left one.
Water even got inside and made it look a bit untidy. sad angry

I will have to change it but not now.
Costs like 16k at the Honda Spare parts market at Oyingbo near Ebute Metta

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2012
Looking really goood
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
And finally, at least for now, the last set of pics i have. The engine bay!
I am so eager to see the final work on this unit, hence my impatience with the painter.

Some minor fixtures and installations will be done before it finally checks out
Unit has already been registered as well.

One question; is Dexron VI a proper fluid to use on this unit?
For temporary use, Honda recommended Dexron III but from what i read, it is already outdated
Gurus in tha house, what do you thing?

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2012
YOU have done so WELL
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Piedpiper(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
Nwa nna well done. Recovering from some purchases but will try to compensate you with a good run before July.
Hope 2 months delivery is assured ?
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
;DHe who pays the PIPER dictates d dance steps or the tunes to the bank.

We are eagerly waiting. And yes, two months is two months.

Thanks for checking us out. grin
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by gongoaso1: 12:06am On May 01, 2012
Great Thread!!!
Followed with much interest and kept checking for updates.
Nice one!
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Lexusgs430: 3:38am On May 01, 2012
This is like a tv series wrecks to riches, but they inform us how much they paid for the unit + all associated cost and eventually, how much the unit sells for.
Would you ever divulge the cost of this unit to this forum? Or have you and calculus x swore to secrecy?
Don't plead the 5th!!!!
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On May 01, 2012
Still loving it and following . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by calculusx(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2012
Lexusgs430: This is like a tv series wrecks to riches, but they inform us how much they paid for the unit + all associated cost and eventually, how much the unit sells for.
Would you ever divulge the cost of this unit to this forum? Or have you and calculus x swore to secrecy?
Don't plead the 5th!!!!

You all have the keys, its left for you to unlock it. grin grin grin

There is no fixed price for any car bought on auction. Prices depends on so many factors, especially time of purchase.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On May 01, 2012
calculusx:

You all have the keys, its left for you to unlock it. grin grin grin

There is no fixed price for any car bought on auction. Prices depends on so many factors, especially time of purchase.

But a guide or range, would be helpful.
We know that no two auction trades can be the same, it is dependent on many variables.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

renault megane,honda civic (550,000)hyundai sonata(680,000)in uyo / Near New 2016 Lexus RX350 - Fsport trimming / Toks 2005 Model Acura Mdx FULL OPTIONSSSSSSSSSSS Forsale.........

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.