Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,833 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:49 PM

NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? (893 Views)

NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / Why Are Nigerians Both Home And Abroad So Unpatriotic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? by helpee(m): 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2012
http://omojuolusola./ I have read a lot of comments, both local and international about the candidacy of NOI for the exalted post of world bank presidency and I can’t but confess that my heart bleeds each time I read what nigerians have to say about their own. Let me start by saying that I was a major champion of anti subsidy removal protest in my local community to the extent of organising a street protest in my immediate community. And to say that mrs iweala was wrong by robbing poor nigerians to satisfy the greedy apetite of a few ruling elite is to say my mind. Let us now assume that mrs iweala is playing the cards placed on her table by the american led imperialist to bleed poor nigerians dry by imposing a world bank inspired subsidy removal, has it ever occurred to Nigerians that she probably had to do this because some countries led by UNITED STATES have such a strong hold on such institutions that it is almost impossible to go against their wish? Now the world has the very first opportunity to start loseening the grips of americans and europeans on bretton woods institutions and we are lucky enough that the first candidate that the world feels can do that for us is a NIGERIAN yet the reactions from most nigerians to this ordinarily wonderful news has been pathetic so far. Okay! Let us agree that this woman has her faults. She championed fuel subsidy removal. she paid off our debts with money we should have used for developments but whoever told nigerians that only saints occupy the exalted position of world bank presidency? The only qualification so far for becoming a world bank president is american citizenship. Wether you are a demon or saint is secondary. An american was forced to quit the position because of corruption and another american took over from him. A french was forced to quit IMF because of sexual misconduct and another french took over from him. So, it is not about who you are, it is about where you are coming from. In order words, we are rated as second class citizens who have no say in our own affairs and this should be the first bone of contention. The same america that assumed a self imposed role as democracy watchdog worldwide routinely imposes her citizens over the global bank in a most undemocratic way and we can’t do nothing about it. It is a slap on all of us that america nominates an obscure candidate, far less qualified than even mrs ekwesili not to talk of NOI just because the person is an AMERICAN and yet most nigerians still don’t see any reason to support our own NOI if only to break american stronghold first before other things. Our slave mentality will easily make us accept an obsure american in place of a renowned nigerian. We will always suffer in the hands of bretton woods institutions not because people like NOI will always dance to their tune but because we can’t even recognise the source of our problem with theses institutions which is the fact that they are wholly controlled by western imperialist and until we break their hold on them, subsidy will always be removed, SAP will always be enforced. Who they use is secondary. It may be babangida or obasanjo or jonathan or NOI but they will do it. Can’t we recognise the opportunity the developing world has now through NOI to break away from the shackles of these slave drivers? We have read glowing tributes paid by the economist, financial times, new york times about the candidacy of this woman yet not a single nigerian newspaper is pushing her candidacy the way we ought to. Let us be patriotic for once. Support our canditate for this position just because you are a nigerian. That is the only reason why americans are supporting their candidate anyway. Not because he is smart or experienced or above corruption but simply because he is american. That is what we call patriotism. A world bank led by NOI may be hard on us but it can never be harder than a world bank led by an american. Time to break imperialism is now
Re: NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? by bittyend(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
What's unpatriotic about not supporting a clueless pig-faced, economic hit woman?? If supporting stooges for neo-cons, imperialists, and extreme capitalists makes me unpatriotic - I'd rather die being unpatriotic than support this clown. undecided

1 Like

Re: NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? by Bellfun(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
What's patrotism?...leaving your country' economic problems behind and running away 'to mind other peoples business?..is that patrotism?...♈σϋя house is on fire,♈σϋя neighbour's house is also on fire..and "patrotically" ♈σϋ left ♈σϋя own burning house unattended and follow the crowd to put out the fire i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ ♈σϋя neighbour's house!...how patrotic!
Re: NOI Candidacy; Why Are Nigerians So Unpatriotic? by helpee(m): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
Anybody can replace madam iweala as finance minister but not everybody has her kind of qualification that is needed for world bank presidency. So leaving her post as a finance minister is not unpatriotic cos anybody including soludo can occupy that seat but who will command so much respect at the world stage for world bank presidency?
Bellfun: What's patrotism?...leaving your country' economic problems behind and running away 'to mind other peoples business?..is that patrotism?...♈σϋя house is on fire,♈σϋя neighbour's house is also on fire..and "patrotically" ♈σϋ left ♈σϋя own burning house unattended and follow the crowd to put out the fire i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ ♈σϋя neighbour's house!...how patrotic!

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: Mission The Future / Ex-militant Gen Israel Akpodoro Tells Delta Central Senator To Be Ready For War / Sanusi Wears Chieftaincy Robe To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.