Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan (5575 Views)

National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps / Nba Urges National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by BlackPikiN(m): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
The Action Congress of Nigeria on Tuesday urged the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against President Goodluck Jonathan over a church gift to his community, Otuoke in Bayelsa State by an Italian construction firm.

The party said in a statement by its spokesman, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, that the President had violated the 1999 Constitution by openly admitting soliciting a bribe from a foreign construction company.

The party said the National Assembly would have the opportunity to investigate the matter and also reach the appropriate conclusions, since the President, by his own admission and without any prompting, had violated the constitution.

To know the gravity of the President’s self admission of soliciting the church ‘gift’ from the Managing Director of Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited (GCG), one needs to understand Section 6 ofthe Code of Conduct for Public officers embodied in the First Schedule of the 1999 Constitution and the Code of Conduct and Tribunal Act (CAP C15) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.

“The Act states: ‘A public officer shall not ask for or accept any property or benefits of any kind for himself or any other person on account of anything done or omitted to be done by him in the discharge of his duties. For the purposes of subsection (1) of this subsection, the receipt by a public officer of any gifts or benefits from commercial firms, business enterprises or persons who have contracts with the Government shall be presumed to have been received in contravention…unless the contrary is proved’,” it said.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/acn-asks-national-assembly-to-impeach-jonathan/
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 1:45am On Apr 04, 2012
Censorship maybe,. . . .but impeachment? C'mon, thats too harsh!
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by PointB: 2:18am On Apr 04, 2012
****Yawms*****

Let's see who have the balls to attempt such folly! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by jmaine: 2:31am On Apr 04, 2012
hmm . .impeachment
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by BlackPikiN(m): 4:35am On Apr 04, 2012
Lol.. Dem go dey talk talk like say dem holy pass.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 6:21am On Apr 04, 2012
^^^^^ You dey mind dem?
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2012
“The Act states: ‘A public officer shall not ask for or accept any property or benefits of any kind for himself or any other person on account of anything done or omitted to be done by him in the discharge of his duties. For the purposes of subsection (1) of this subsection, the receipt by a public officer of any gifts or benefits from commercial firms, business enterprises or persons who have contracts with the Government shall be presumed to have been received in contravention…unless the contrary is proved’,” it said.

The act is very clear and Retardeen has once again violated the law
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by OneNaira6: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2012
ROFLMFAO. They couldn't wait three more years.

The ACN and the north politicians are the same type of snakes...1diots looking for power no matter what way. Before we know it, their own version of Boko Haram will surface.
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by OneNaira6: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2012
BlackPikiN: Lol.. Dem go dey talk talk like say dem holy pass.

Ask am oo!!
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by beylinko(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2012
Na jonah dey give dem reason to talk. Wen a president doen't know wen to talk n wen 2 kip sealed lips wat do u expect
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by johnie: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2012
I thought there are ACN members in the National Assembly?

Why not ask them to move the motion for impeachment instead of asking Lai to "make noise" about the matter (as usual)?

Playing to the gallery again(no pun intended!)
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by gregg2: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2012
Gitto has vast presence in the Niger Delta states including
Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers etc .
As governor of Bayelsa, GEJ awarded the almighty
Tower Hotel, Gateway Road and GRA Estate to them.

I see nothing wrong if Gitto has to give back to the people.
It is part of their corporate Social responsibility. Unlike the Obasanjo Library
or IBB's Minna Mansion that Julius Berger donated to him, the church does not
belong to Jonathan but the entire community, unless "Lie Muhammed" does not know the
meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility.

Infact, ACN can take a swim in the athlantic because nothing will happen.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2012
johnie: I thought there are ACN members in the National Assembly?

Why not ask them to move the motion for impeachment instead of asking Lai to "make noise" about the matter (as usual)?

Playing to the gallery again(no pun intended!)

ACN isnt the majority party. The Holy book says who among u will want to build a house and will not firstly sit down to consider his cost to see if he will be able to complete such so that if he doesnt his enemies wont mock him.
ACN alone doesnt have the numerical number to impeach the retardeen without the support of some boko members in the house and i doubt if they will and that explains Lai's promptings.

BlackPikiN:

The party said the National Assembly would have the opportunity to investigate the matter and also reach the appropriate conclusions, since the President, by his own admission and without any prompting, had violated the constitution.

To know the gravity of the President’s self admission of soliciting the church ‘gift’ from the Managing Director of Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited (GCG), one needs to understand Section 6 ofthe Code of Conduct for Public officers embodied in the First Schedule of the 1999 Constitution and the Code of Conduct and Tribunal Act (CAP C15) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.

I have always said that the retardeen doesnt know how to talk. na him mouth go finish his presidency. Trully and indeed, he broke the law and its definately an impeachable offence.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:13am On Apr 04, 2012
gregg2: Gitto has vast presence in the Niger Delta states including
Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers etc .
As governor of Bayelsa, GEJ awarded the almighty
Tower Hotel, Gateway Road and GRA Estate to them.

I see nothing wrong if Gitto has to give back to the people.
It is part of their corporate Social responsibility. [/b]Unlike the Obasanjo Library
or IBB's Minna Mansion that Julius Berger donated to him, the church does not
belong to Jonathan but the entire community, unless "Lie Muhammed" does not know the
meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility.

Infact, ACN can take a swim in the athlantic because nothing will happen.

[b]i know of building schools, roads, town halls etc even free medicare, free textbooks etc as corporate social responsibility. i never knew building churches has been added to this list in this secular state of ours. I love NL, i learn everyday here no doubt. as far the retardeen's father and predecessor, those are part of the illegalities the Boko party has refused to addressed.
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by basher(m): 9:20am On Apr 04, 2012
BlackPikiN: The Action Congress of Nigeria on Tuesday urged the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against President Goodluck Jonathan over a church gift to his community, Otuoke in Bayelsa State by an Italian construction firm.

The party said in a statement by its spokesman, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, that the President had violated the 1999 Constitution by openly admitting soliciting a bribe from a foreign construction company.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/acn-asks-national-assembly-to-impeach-jonathan/

GET A LIFE!!!!
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Silva79(f): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2012
Could ACN also tell d reps & senates to reduce der allowances? Bcoz dats d koko
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Tinkinguy(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2012
Why do this ACN ranting person(Spokes Man) always coming out negatively...........
whenever there's an issues with his party, he will rush to make a statement to divert peoples mind.

Am still waiting for ACN to explain the hugh sum of money they raised via each ACN state to sponsor the bairthday bash for Tinubu.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by mcfestgee: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2012
Demdem and Dayokanu are most stupid and idiotic, reterded follows I have
I have seen on Naira. You guys are demented fellows to be insulting
your president. Animals.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by stepo707: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2012
Silva79: Could ACN also tell d reps & senates to reduce der allowances? Bcoz dats d koko

Dont mind them.Always making noise
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by ifihearam: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2012
Sometimes when I read or hear about impeachment I only laugh out loud in chinese because since the existence of this world,someone should tell me a seating president that has been impeached before.

Back to LIE mohammed,he is a noise maker no wonder reuben abati said he talks too much and indirectly abuses the office of the presidency which is very wrong of him/them.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2012
Nigeria is not a 'SECULAR' but a multi-religious state, building a church is definetly a corporate social responsibility fulfiled, ACN should rather focus on how to stop Asiwaju Tinubu from converting a quarter of the 300billion naira internally generated revenue in Lagos to his personal fortunes. He that comes to equity should come with clean hands and ACN don't have clean hands

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Funkymallam(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2012
Impeachment? Only frm LIE Mohd.

*yawn* Nxt
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2012
mcfestgee: Demdem and Dayokanu are most stupid and idiotic, reterded follows I have
your president. Animals.

I dont know u and coming across u for the first time so i wont blame u for what u have written up there at least for now. No one is insulting the president, we are simply calling him what he is. we should be praised because we arent the thieves around him that constantly deceives him. Besides, this issue has been addressed severally. kindly check the below post to learn more and similar posts also

https://www.nairaland.com/749038/stop-insult-mr-president/3

The retardeen should wake up to his responsibilities and not say or do things that will make him to be known worldwide like things like below:

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:55am On Apr 04, 2012
luvinhubby: Nigeria is not a 'SECULAR' but a multi-religious state, building a church is definetly a corporate social responsibility fulfiled, ACN should rather focus on how to stop Asiwaju Tinubu from converting a quarter of the 300billion naira internally generated revenue in Lagos to his personal fortunes. He that comes to equity should come with clean hands and ACN don't have clean hands

In reality u are correct about us being a multi-religious state but this constitution which we all are trying to expunged says so. The govt shouldnt even be involved with religion. As the president, he swore to defend this same constitution. as per it being a a corporate responsibility, i respect ur opinion but i disagree with it. Poverty still reign supreme in the town of otuekpe and this should be the least of their problems i believe
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Godmann(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2012
The truth should be told, Jonathan sinned as has all the criminal that rule us, ACN inclusive
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Goddex: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2012
mcfestgee: Demdem and Dayokanu are most stupid and idiotic, reterded follows I have
your president. Animals.

My brother forget those dumbhead guys. I no longer read their posts.
I even suspect one id.iot is behind those two user-IDs.
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2012
Goddex:

I even suspect one idiot is behind those two user-IDs.

Its like saying u dont want to see the truth. thats ur choice and cant help ur predicament. Enjoy.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by jmaine: 10:40am On Apr 04, 2012
Goddex:

I even suspect one id.iot is behind those two user-IDs.

Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by emsquare(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2012
PointB: ****Yawms*****

Let's see who have the balls to attempt such folly! grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha!
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Leboska(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
When i saw it in the paper this morning from Acn, also making headline 4rm acn newspaper the nation. I Never even bothered reading down cos their govenors & them all, are they most corupt & highest noise maker. Some times i wonder if they are sane. Acn pls fix ur house b4 looking 4 any other house 2 fix.
Re: ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan by Leboska(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
[/color] From acn? The kettle calling the pot black. If they live with example i will believe them with less word & more action.[color=#000099][color=#990000] From acn? The kettle calling the pot black. If they live with example i will believe them with less word & more action.[/color][color=#990000][/color] From acn? The kettle calling the pot black. If they live with example i will believe them with less word & more action.

Obasanjo's Power Plants, Wasteful - Ngige / Ebomi Temple Dedicaion :prophecy For Nigeria And Mr PRECIDENT / Who Are The Likely PDP Presidential Candidates For 2019