Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes (1018 Views)

He Deletes My Text Messages On His Phone / Would You Rather Be Dumped By Text Message Or In Front Of All Your Friends? / 10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by styrax(m): 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2007
I recently asked a friend to help me buy a phone, he then gave me one of his (he had three) until he gets me my own phone.

That day my girlfriend came around and naturally went through the "new" phone (my friend's phone).  The rest na history, because my friend's numerous text messages both sent and received were mostly laced with sweet nothings to many numbers.

I've been explaining myself away since then, but each time I get nothing more than a shake of her head.

I'm sad
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Scopium: 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2007
I don't have any and will never have.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by iice(f): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2007
Don't have any either. . .
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by rotimy(m): 7:37pm On May 17, 2008
It is wrong for her to police you. if she refuses to take your explanation. Delete her from your life. Love is build on trust and never allow a woman to hold you on an emotional hostage.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2008
It is wrong for her to police you. if she refuses to take your explanation. Delete her from your life. Love is build on trust and[b] never allow a woman to hold you on an emotional hostage[/b].
Now that is where you're wrong,once somebody falls in love(i mean real love)that person(man or woman) is exposed to a feeling that leads to emotional hostage,emotional hostage is what makes u really know that you're inlove wt that person
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Damoche10: 3:54pm On May 19, 2008
Styrax,

Is she saying u are a liar or a womanizer? Talk some sence into her greasy head!! If she really loves you from the explanation you gave I don't see a reason y she should be shaking her head. Anyway that is life. Some relationships are broken by that. Look at Femi Kuti and his wife? Didn't it happen to him? Man move on. If she really likes/loves you she will get over it and if not your concience is clear so move on. It isn't the end of the world.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by blackmann(m): 5:01pm On May 19, 2008
My text messages have caused some wahala for me sometimes last year. There was this girl i wanted to date in Ibadan but she was always asking for money, credit, etc. One evening when i left the office, i called my present baby, but as the phone was ringing, this IB chick's text message came in as "My love, hw r u? please send me some money for me to travel to come see u. my acct number is xxxxx. I miss u". i was about deleting the text when my girl came on line and in the process of the conversation, i 4got to. She later came to see me that night and was going through my phone and saw the text. Se was heartbroken for days and nothing i said or did made her happy cry.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Damoche10: 5:22pm On May 19, 2008
Posted by: blackmann
Insert Quote
My text messages have caused some wahala for me sometimes last year. There was this girl i wanted to date in Ibadan but she was always asking for money, credit, etc. One evening when i left the office, i called my present baby, but as the phone was ringing, this IB chick's text message came in as "My love, hw r u? please send me some money for me to travel to come see u. my acct number is xxxxx. I miss u". i was about deleting the text when my girl came on

Blackmann,
I wonder how ya face for look like that day. Haba you be Ole! Your woman no fine reach? Later una go the talk say women dey bad. Abeg Mend your ways o.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by blackmann(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2008
The thing wey pain me pass na say she no even talk am say she don see the text and i never knew. It was when she got home that nite and she called that she asked "who is so so so?" I knew then that i had made the biggest mistake in my life. I had to beg this babe for a week before she accepted any explanation from me. even at then she still raked for me. I had to pet her afterwards cos i just couldn't explain.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by frank316(m): 6:09pm On May 19, 2008
@poster,
are you sure that she is not looking for excuse to leave opt out of the relationship?
i believe the explanation should be clear,
dosent she know that the phone is not yours? is she not aware of how the fone came into your possession? i dont even understand why she should be so mad
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Damoche10: 6:28pm On May 19, 2008
Gbam!!!!!
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Rebellious(f): 6:37pm On May 19, 2008
frank 3.16:

@poster,
are you sure that she is not looking for excuse to leave opt out of the relationship?
i believe the explanation should be clear,
dosent she know that the phone is not yours? is she not aware of how the phone came into your possession? i don't even understand why she should be so mad

Please don't blame the woman because it's not her fault. There's an option to delete text messages and calls if you have the type that is nosy. It was his responsibility to make sure that he did that before giving her the phone. Does he think that women are stupid and don't know how to use phones? This is 2008, even a baby if given the chance can use a cellphone.

@poster, before you gave her the phone why didn't you tell her the circumstances surrounding the phone and how you were trying to get a new one for her while she uses your friend's phone?
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by rotimy(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2008
jennykadry:

Now that is where you're wrong,once somebody falls in love(i mean real love)that person(man or woman) is exposed to a feeling that leads to emotional hostage,emotional hostage is what makes u really know that you're inlove wt that person
Emotional hostage or bondage is a puppy love. It is a sign of a highly manipulative or domineering parter. I wonder how you say you love someone but cannot trust or believe the person. Most men melt like jelly before their so called girlfriends who hold them hostage with the emotional blackmail. I pity the poster because his type might make a good husband. Staying late in office or giving a lift to a female co worker will attract hot slaps from the almighty madam who will never believe him.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 19, 2008
Emotional hostage or bondage is a puppy love. It is a sign of a highly manipulative or domineering parter. I wonder how you say you love someone but cannot trust or believe the person. Most men melt like jelly before their so called girlfriends who hold them hostage with the emotional blackmail. I pity the poster because his type might make a good husband. Staying late in office or giving a lift to a female co worker will attract hot slaps from the almighty madam who will never believe him

i understand your point,but its not straight, you're making it sound as if it shouldnt be in a relationship,Emotional hostage or bondage comes in a relationship when both partners are having a misunderstanding,but like i said it goes in a relationship,c'mon lets be real for once,when there is a misunderstanding between two partners and they are not talking to each other,except one of them or both of them aint inlove wt eachother but if they are madly or really inlove wt eachother there is this weakness in them,even though we girls will like to do shakara but we r always empty when there is a little quarell between us and our partners,that is when emotional hostage comes in,emotional hostage comes in when we r both weak,now these same hostage is what makes d guy (that is if he is d one at fault)come begging her,because his emotions is like d conscience in him that judges him,this same hostage or bondage is what connects d guy and girl so much that they can't cheat on each other.

lets be truthful to ourselves,when we r quarelling wt our partners(d ones we r madly inlove wt),are we emotionally happy?do we rejoice because we r quarelling?'are we focused?do we concentrate?this questions i just asked is connected to that emotional hostage and bondage we r talking about

love itself is a bond that connects two people together,and love has so many things to d wt emotions now,infact love is emotion,that is what we call emotional hostage

You r explaining trust here,but my dear there is a difference between EMOTIONAL BONDAGE AND TRUST
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by laudate: 8:27pm On May 20, 2008
Emotional hostage or bondage is a puppy love. It is a sign of a highly manipulative or domineering parter. I wonder how you say you love someone but cannot trust or believe the person. Most men melt like jelly before their so called girlfriends who hold them hostage with the emotional blackmail. I pity the poster because his type might make a good husband. Staying late in office or giving a lift to a female co worker will attract hot slaps from the almighty madam who will never believe him.

Eh? Who said that? shocked Trust like respect, is earned not given. It is not automatic. And once it gets broken, it is difficult to restore the fragile bonds. It is something that is built, and must be nutured to give any relationship true meaning and value.

Distrust can creep in due to a variety of factors. If the chap had a tendency to stray in the past, and this issue suddenly came up, she might feel the phone thing is a pointer to a recurrence of the past.

Making it sound as if a woman must swallow any story her guy tells her, simply because they are in a relationship is carrying things too far. Is the guy infallible? Is he a demi-god whose word is law and must be obeyed at all times? C'mon. . . . . sad

Secondly, the poster could easily have called his friend who gave him the phone to explain to the girl, how those text messages got into the phone.

Thridly, maybe there are some underlying issues between them that linger from a while back, which haven't been fully resolved. that could explain her current mindset.

Don't blame the girl too much. There are always two sides to a story.
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 20, 2008

Making it sound as if a woman must swallow any story her guy tells her, simply because they are in a relationship is carrying things too far. Is the guy infallible? Is he a demi-god whose word is law and must be obeyed at all times? C'mon. . . . .
@laudate

my point exactly
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by saucekid(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2008
uhm
Re: The Many Harvocs Wrecked By Text Messages On My Phone! Share Your Woes by TmeD0(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2008
Yarns and walks away.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Girl Friend / Tell Me What You Think? Yoruba Or Igbo Either Way Double Crossed / What Is The Best Way Of Choosing A Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.