Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,771 members, 7,930,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:33 AM

How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days (8990 Views)

Finally Jamb Release Results Of 12th March 2015 / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams / University Of Ibadan Release Results For Post-utme Screening Excercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
I think this should be celebrated because even foreign exams like SAT and Toefl do not release results that soon except it's computerized. So, it beats me how a manual exam like jamb was released in less than 3 days. How easy was it to collate the papers before marking(even if this was computerized).

@OP
Please before this is sent to the education sector, i want it to gain momentum.

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by MuyiGL: 12:34am On Apr 05, 2012
It seems you have been out of Nigeria for about 4 or 5 years now. JAMB has for the last 4 years or so been releasing results in 3 days. It's not that hard. The esams are all multiple-choice and they use computer answer sheets. Hope you have your question answered?
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by mikuz(m): 12:47am On Apr 05, 2012
MuyiGL: It seems you have been out of Nigeria for about 4 or 5 years now. JAMB has for the last 4 years or so been releasing results in 3 days. It's not that hard. The esams are all multiple-choice and they use computer answer sheets. Hope you have your question answered?
does this make any sense?
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by NEROSKY(m): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2012
in 9ja everyfin is much more possible..,.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Musiwa42: 1:21am On Apr 05, 2012
w.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by PurestBoy(m): 1:37am On Apr 05, 2012
With Naigeria, all things are possible
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by naptu2: 1:52am On Apr 05, 2012
MuyiGL: It seems you have been out of Nigeria for about 4 or 5 years now. JAMB has for the last 4 years or so been releasing results in 3 days. It's not that hard. The esams are all multiple-choice and they use computer answer sheets. Hope you have your question answered?

Exactly! They are marked by computers, unlike WAEC exams that are marked by humans.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by patuli64(f): 1:55am On Apr 05, 2012
na naija noww anytin is possible.... JAMB is small, very soon WAEC sef will be released dat very day.... ow wont 80% of the candidates fail wen even the sheets r not marked properli.... well if they know they can mark it within 3 days, they should stop making it yearly, they should make it like twice or thrice in a year so dat the population of people sitting for d exams will reduce drastically and people will already have their scores or have d opportunity to re-sit if they failed within the same year before admissions into skools start.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:06am On Apr 05, 2012
^^Seriously?!
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 05, 2012
@patuli....no offence intended ohh, but you r a f^o^o^l.

@post. It's not that difficult, since it's machine marked. Lasu has the same system that marks in days. It's also machine marked option type paper.

Meanwhile it's the best.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Emylexray(m): 2:37am On Apr 05, 2012
I doubt the marking protocols of JAMB. Imagine a candidate that did not attempt any question in Economics due to time shortage. When the results came out, she checked and behold to her uttermost amazement, she go 48.
Now tell me, what happened in that situation? Or has JAMB started given away free marks or bonuses for not attempting questions? This goes to show that even the computerised system of marking isn't flawless or infalliable.

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Mayflowa(m): 2:52am On Apr 05, 2012
[
Donpuzo: @patuli....no offence intended ohh, but you r a f^o^o^l.

@post. It's not that difficult, since it's machine marked. Lasu has the same system that marks in days. It's also machine marked option type paper.

Meanwhile it's the best.

Are there still humans like you?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 05, 2012
I was thinking the same thing. They prolly did "eeni meeni mini mo" on your scores.

Two days? For a national exam? Even developed countries aren't that fast, c'mon.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by kombats: 3:53am On Apr 05, 2012
Emylexray: I doubt the marking protocols of JAMB. Imagine a candidate that did not attempt any question in Economics due to time shortage. When the results came out, she checked and behold to her uttermost amazement, she go 48.
Now tell me, what happened in that situation? Or has JAMB started given away free marks or bonuses for not attempting questions? This goes to show that even the computerised system of marking isn't flawless or infalliable.
lol na 9ja we even if u sumbit ur jamb with out shading it na frm 270 u go get just try am see

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by kombats: 3:55am On Apr 05, 2012
seriously but not all d result where release some are still writing no result yet
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by doofanc: 3:56am On Apr 05, 2012
The sheets are optically marked by computer which i believe only takes a few seconds/ paper.

However when one considers the time taken to transport the scripts from the various exam venues to the jamb centres where such machines are available, then grading, compiling and finally uploading on the servers, it becomes easy to see why some people may express some skeptism.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by francis247(m): 4:37am On Apr 05, 2012
The same way they managed to 'RIG' it.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by francis247(m): 4:41am On Apr 05, 2012
mikuz: does this make any sense?
I thought it's just meooo...
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by francis247(m): 4:51am On Apr 05, 2012

Meanwhile it's the best.
ArQueBusieR: ^^Seriously?!
sarcasm was used to state a point and stay on point and you both call it what? Well said Patuli.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by charloski(m): 5:26am On Apr 05, 2012
@donpuzo or whatever чυя name Ȋ̝̊̅§ ‎​Ђȍw can U̶̲̥̅̊ call sumone ƛ fool, wen d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Ʀ mnaking ƛ point.....
i haven't checked mine.. Ɣ because its telling me no result yet .. Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋o tell me ‎​Ђȍw can d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ mark about 1.5 milloin student I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 3 D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅Y .... U̶̲̥̅̊ self tink a̶̲̥̅♏ na
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by jspac(m): 5:48am On Apr 05, 2012
charloski: @donpuzo or whatever чυя name Ȋ̝̊̅§ ​Ђȍw can U̶̲̥̅̊ call sumone ƛ fool, wen d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Ʀ mnaking ƛ point.....
i haven't checked mine.. Ɣ because its telling me no result yet .. Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋o tell me ​Ђȍw can d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ mark about 1.5 milloin student I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 3 D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅Y .... U̶̲̥̅̊ self tink a̶̲̥̅♏ na
Stop using all these stup1d bb symbols here. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by tboya1: 6:19am On Apr 05, 2012

Meanwhile it's the best.

not sure why you think patuli is a fool forget sarcasm the guy is so right if it marks it withing days and its accurate (which i really doubt since it was just recently introduced ) why will they not make jamb 3 times a year whats the whole point of getting your result early if you still have to wait forever to use it .
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by naptu2: 6:36am On Apr 05, 2012
JAMB is a matriculation exam. It is not a certification exam like WAEC (WAEC exams occur twice a year). Matriculation occurs once a year in universities.

This is why you can gain admission into a university in 2012 with your WAEC result from 2003, but you can't gain admission into a university in 2012 with your JAMB result from 2003.

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by freecocoa(f): 6:44am On Apr 05, 2012
Its funny how the foolish ones are usually quick in labeling others "f00ls".

This issue really needs to be looked into cos the system of marking is just so not correct.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by tboya1: 6:46am On Apr 05, 2012
naptu2: JAMB is a matriculation exam. It is not a certification exam like WAEC (WAEC exams occur twice a year). Matriculation occurs once a year in universities.

This is why you can gain admission into a university in 2012 with your WAEC result from 2003, but you can't gain admission into a university in 2012 with your JAMB result from 2003.

i agree with you that WAEC is a certification exam ,Jamb is not no doubt about it . what law states that matriculation should be done once a year? and if you think about it well,i think it would have been better to do the certification once a year since its last a lifetime ,and allow the one with a limited life span to take place often.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by tboya1: 6:51am On Apr 05, 2012
freecocoa: Its funny how the foolish ones are usually quick in labeling others "f00ls".

This issue really needs to be looked into cos the system of marking is just so not correct.
now you talking. when you want to integrate to a computerized system like that you don't just do a complete move over . you can test it with 20% of the result and still manually mark it and see the percentage of the error produced and correct it and keep testing it till its error free. and not allow innocent students to pay the price of jambs stupidity
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by naptu2: 7:07am On Apr 05, 2012
tboya1:

i agree with you that WAEC is a certification exam ,Jamb is not no doubt about it . what law states that matriculation should be done once a year? and if you think about it well,i think it would have been better to do the certification once a year since its last a lifetime ,and allow the one with a limited life span to take place often.

It's the Nigerian system of education. When you matriculate you get into, for example, year 1 (100 level) economics class in Unilag. If you have 2 matriculation exams in a year, then you'll have 2 year 1 (100 level) economics classes (sets) in one year.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by naptu2: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2012
They did a documentary about this during the 2011 elections. They compared INEC, WAEC and JAMB and showed how inefficient INEC was. WAEC and JAMB are able to distribute exam papers and collate results better than INEC using the same resources (Nigerian Airforce, etc) that INEC uses.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by razznaija(f): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2012
Yes i have been thinking about this for a while now. Even the SAT test result does not get released this fast, because they usually scan the scan-tron sheets twice before they release the results to correct any errors, but anyways anything is possible in Nigeria.
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 05, 2012
[size=15pt] this is the sickest question i've heard this morning... geez![/size]
Re: How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days by micoyankee(m): 7:19am On Apr 05, 2012
[quote author=javaprince][/quote]

Nice one dude

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great EBSU Aspirants Lets Meet Here / Female Teacher Under Fire After Posting This "Provocative" Selfie On Social Medi / School Of Nursing Past Question And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.