Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:19 AM

Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? (3650 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / 9-year-old Boy Renews Marital Vows With His 62 Year Old Wifey / Funny And Cute Wedding Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by GboyegaD(m): 3:09am On Apr 06, 2012
I would use mine but the phrase "FOR BETTER FOR WORSE, IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, TILL DEATH DO US PART" would be a bold statement in it as you can see.
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by slimyem: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
Impulse80: Dont worry i'll come and be your husband when the going is good and when it gets bad i'll just disapear. Talk about fairweather marriage
this whole point isnt even about fair-weather or not.
Writing your own vows is a play of words and something from within!
Include for better or worse of you like it so.
I gave my 'buts' about the 'for worse' and that's all there is to it!
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by slimyem: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2012
GboyegaD: I would use mine but the phrase "FOR BETTER FOR WORSE, IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, TILL DEATH DO US PART" would be a bold statement in it as you can see.
good for you!
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by slimyem: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2012
Joe Mosco:
I wish you do a further study on this divine Institution of Marriage..... It is simply a life- long commitment. If u want a short term contract.... Well even when u convince or confuse him to agree, that does not change the basic reality of what marriage is.
i am not trying to change the basic reality of what marriage is nor i'm i trying to confuse or convince anyone to agrre to a short term contract.please refer to the post below to understand my point better.
slimyem:
I want my vow to come from within and mean every word of my it! Not some for better,for worse eye-service bullshyt!

slimyem: nobody remembers the vows because its the usual!
More like a formalty!
Something you have to say to the hearing of the world even if you dont mean it!
Dont you think the vows will hold stronger if it truly comes from within?
Won't the beauty and peace of that moment linger forever in your minds?
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by JoeMosco(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
slimyem: i am not trying to change the basic reality of what marriage is nor i'm i trying to confuse or convince anyone to agrre to a short term contract.please refer to the post below to understand my point better.
my dear, may be you should be more specific by telling us what this your vow will look like
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by iykak47: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
Joe Mosco: @ poster, though I appreciate your character as a "Free Thinker"
I must state categoricaly that deviation from the Binding clause of "for better, for worse" is a selfish denial of Marital Responsibility and obligation....
na so
Re: Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? by cowgurl: 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
Look @ it dis way Slimyem, 'Better 4 worst' is d topic; 'In sickness n in health, in richer n poorer' d body; 'Til death do us part' d conclusion. I.e, d body explains d topic. @topic, 'l def mak my own vows but wit d 'topic, body n conclusion' wit it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Pls Help! It's 2014 And I Don't Have A Girl (contemplatin Suicide) / How Did I Get Here? / 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.