Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,015 members, 7,890,339 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:42 PM

Let Us Celebrate - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let Us Celebrate (10537 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
On this thread, let us celebrate Islamic/ Muslim art and architecture. Along the way, we can discuss certain things pertaining to the objects of interest.

this thread is not to be a serious one. just enjoy!!!!!!

would be back. . .InshaALlah
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
Subscribing...cool cheesy grin
Re: Let Us Celebrate by mukina2: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
ok Ma smiley
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
^^ toba cheesy
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2012
bhusayor: ^^ toba cheesy
what about him
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
^^i dey hail him nooni...

Just as I'm about to hail you too.

Olawalebabs cheesy
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
bhusayor: ^^i dey hail him nooni...

Just as I'm about to hail you too.

Olawalebabs cheesy
thanks, sis. Really miss you
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
olawalebab: thanks, sis. Really miss you
SMH. u miss someone else's wife abi? shocked
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2012
Miroslav klose: SMH. u miss someone else's wife abi? shocked
I don't understa what you mean
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
olawalebab: I don't understa what you mean
Young man. Have u completed ur MBA?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
^LOL, @Olawalebab, read this thread again carefully.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
pple cant mind there biz sef grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 5:25am On Apr 06, 2012
Miroslav klose: Young man. Have u completed ur MBA?

thanks for asking, will complete it later in the year.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 5:28am On Apr 06, 2012
maclatunji: ^LOL, @Olawalebab, read this thread again carefully.
i understand what he mean.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2012
olawalebab: thanks for asking, will complete it later in the year.
Alhamdulilai cheesy
Re: Let Us Celebrate by IbroSaunks(m): 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2012
So how exactly do i celebrate Islamic art(and architecture)? I admit I am a tad confused!

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2012
Anyhow u want it. try google
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2012
the topic is too broad and neither will you build a general Islamic consciousness that way.

just check the Islamic architecture in your country and go from there.

in Nigeria's case, that would be mainly Hausa architecture and you can examine mosques elsewhere in the country as well.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by Sweetnecta: 12:00am On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
bhusayor: Subscribing...cool cheesy grin
smileysmiley
mukina2: ok Ma smiley
yes darl!

bhusayor: ^^ toba cheesy
he sounds truly like toba but toba cant be claiming atheism except that he is bipolar undecided undecided

olawalebab: thanks, sis. Really miss you
hmmmn!

olawalebab: thanks for asking, will complete it later in the year.

MBA? thats a good thing. would like to have one too, someday smiley

IbroSaunks: So how exactly do i celebrate Islamic art(and architecture)? I admit I am a tad confused!

you can celebrate things in different ways. Posting them here, admiring and talking about them are ways of celebrating them. long time. how've u been?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2012
tpia@:
the topic is too broad and neither will you build a general Islamic consciousness that way.

truly broad. and about the consciousness, it is d reason I said the thread isnt a serious one.

just check the Islamic architecture in your country and go from there.

we might just start with that already smiley

in Nigeria's case, that would be mainly Hausa architecture and you can examine mosques elsewhere in the country as well.

that is where the word, Muslim comes in
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2012
lets start from home as suggested by tpia

right now, I wish I have architectural jargons to describe this mosque. I love it and if You've been there, You can just help me out.

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
Here's what wikipedia has to say of the national mosque-

The Abuja National Mosque, also known as the Nigerian National Mosque, is the national mosque of Nigeria, a country with a substantial Muslim population. The mosque was built in 1984 and is open to the non-Muslim public, except for during congregational prayers. Ustaz Musa Mohammed is the chief imam.

The mosque is located in the capital city, Abuja, and is situated on Independence Avenue, across from the National Christian Centre. It includes a library and a conference room.

hmmn..I love the walls..

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
@deols, I don't understand that 'hmmm'. Okay, it's good to have managerial skills which MBA offer. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by IbroSaunks(m): 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
hi deols, iv been surviving oh. how's ur anaemia? I hope it's nothing serious?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by IbroSaunks(m): 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
I want to ask, since we are talking about Islamic architecture. is it true that nothing can fly over the ka'bah? in a thread someone posted that even birds only fly around it, and never over it. so can anyone confirm?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
deols: Here's what wikipedia has to say of the national mosque-

The Abuja National Mosque, also known as the Nigerian National Mosque, is the national mosque of Nigeria, a country with a substantial Muslim population. The mosque was built in 1984 and is open to the non-Muslim public, except for during congregational prayers. Ustaz Musa Mohammed is the chief imam.

The mosque is located in the capital city, Abuja, and is situated on Independence Avenue, across from the National Christian Centre. It includes a library and a conference room.

hmmn..I love the walls..

deols: Here's what wikipedia has to say of the national mosque-

hmmn..I love the walls..

Awwwww..i like this building! I dint even think it was a nigerian mosque initially. The last time I entered a 'decent' mosque was months ago when I went for jumat at UCH.

I like the view of the arisekola mosque located in IB too, though I've never been so close to it.

*no pictures to attach*
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
most of these are from Kano, i think:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_TVZzV61jies/SfnWkj5tntI/AAAAAAAAAGY/hpYUS-a93aA/s1600/Taditional%2BHausa%2BArchitecture%2B1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2012

[img]http://ahmadladhani.files./2010/05/06_chandgaon.jpg[/img]

The Chandgaon Mosque in Chittagong, Bangladesh, offers a modern take on the Mosque that maintains the essentials. The building contains large circular openings above that let in light during the day and light out at night, becoming a “beacon” for the area (most overused architecture word ever!). Of course, this fulfills the community criteria, as it is an integral gathering space. And unlike many socially minded projects, it’s pretty. Designed by Kashef Mahboob Chowdhury in 2007, the building uses light as its main architectural feature, moving away from traditional ornamentation. Here the Islamic influence is a bit more direct.

http://www.architizer.com/en_us/blog/dyn/2794/khan-looks-east/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Hijrah 1438 / Saudi Arabia Announces August 11th As First Day Of Eid Al-adha / Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.