Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,360 members, 7,920,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:44 AM

Oyinbos And Public Affections - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oyinbos And Public Affections (1347 Views)

A Proof Dat Some Oyinbos No Get Sense / Super Natural Solution To Your Love Affrairs Problems - Super-natural Affections / Is Love A Game Or An Affections That Should Be Shared Among The Best Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
Call me prude, call me Old-fashioned, I hate the sight of couples holding hands and kissing in public. It is a common sight in Western communities and I'm tired of seeing it, be it in public transport, roads, parks, e.t.c.

You people might be thinking, is he jealous? Nope, I just find it too artificial and unnecessary. Yes, you might really love the man(woman), but there are so many ways of displaying it besides Public Affection.

Why do you want the whole Galaxy to see that you are in love him(her)? To back up my claims, if Public Affections are indeed genuine, Westerners won't have as high divorce rate as they currently do have. On the other hand, Africans that barely touch or kiss in Public do make excellent lovers. grin grin grin grin

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people in love, but why should their activities be imposed upon me in public? It really gets annoying when you sitting opposite to a couple inside the train and they start to kiss and handle. Why can't they go home or go somewhere private?

I know I'm gonna get replies like me being grumpy, old and single. I'm none of that, I just hate that sight... grin grin grin grin grin .

Share your experiences and please do reply.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by nene1: 2:05am On Apr 06, 2012
Lol..I know. It is annoying. Love is special and should be private. What goes on between you and your spouse should be a mystery to others. It makes love more special and sacred. I am old fashioned as well. Plus you should protect yourself from bad eyes. You shouldn't display your love in public like that for all to see. You don't need to prove it to anyone. You can just sit next to your spouse and chat with them in public. Our African parents don't to that and their marriages last for a lifetime. I have never seen my parents display any public sign of affection but I have no doubt that they love each other. Sometimes a lot of those people are fake and like the attention. Like you said, otherwise the divorce rate wouldn't be so high. Love is more than just hugs, kisses and the physical aspect. I feel like it has been reduced to the physical aspect which can get boring after a while so you need something deeper to keep you together.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 06, 2012
99.9% bullshit

1 Like

Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by solbil: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2012
tell me just how comon it is in europe to see people diplay affection in public. I have never been to the uk or outside of nigeria so you can understand why i am asking.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by kambili190: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2012
solbil: tell me just how comon it is in europe to see people diplay affection in public. I have never been to the uk or outside of nigeria so you can understand why i am asking.

it is quite common but you most often will see very young couples doing it. people who have been together for a while or married don't do that very often. still, holding hands is very common regardless of age.

for me, I don'T care. If I think it is too much, I look away.

concerning, the divorce rate in Europe that is mentioned quite often here. I think it's ridiculous to make a connection to the public hugging and kissing. the divorce rate has other reasons than this. and for all who point their finger at western marriages and their divorces, I can tell you that the same trend is developing in African countries as well. the more your economies develop, the more people will divorce. come on, it's not that your marriages are any better. they are the same. there are good and successful marriages and bad marriages, full of domestic violence for example. people divorce less frequently because they cannot afford it. and that's it!

the genereation of my parents and grandparents did not divorce very often. my generation does and your future generations will do the same if they can afford it. just sit and watch.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Adaeze003(f): 10:54am On Apr 06, 2012
Hmm
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2012
if una don tire to see PDA you grumpy old men and women can retire to your villages in nigeria. i will help pay for your canoe fare

2 Likes

Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by goldenboi(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2012
MScheww!!!

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Goldieluks: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2012
Prude. embarassed
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
kambili190:

it is quite common but you most often will see very young couples doing it. people who have been together for a while or married don't do that very often. still, holding hands is very common regardless of age.

for me, I don'T care. If I think it is too much, I look away.

concerning, the divorce rate in Europe that is mentioned quite often here. I think it's ridiculous to make a connection to the public hugging and kissing. the divorce rate has other reasons than this. and for all who point their finger at western marriages and their divorces, I can tell you that the same trend is developing in African countries as well. the more your economies develop, the more people will divorce. come on, it's not that your marriages are any better. they are the same. there are good and successful marriages and bad marriages, full of domestic violence for example. people divorce less frequently because they cannot afford it. and that's it!

the genereation of my parents and grandparents did not divorce very often. my generation does and your future generations will do the same if they can afford it. just sit and watch.

I do agree with that as societies get richer and economies develop, divorce rate will indeed be higher. I never said Africa's divorce rates are lower, I only said we still make good lovers despite our aversion for public affection.

Goldieluks: Prude. embarassed

haha, I'm not prude, in fact, I'm very raw. My name should suggest to you that I'm not prude. I'm just advocating for decency in public.

Kevin_II: if una don tire to see PDA you grumpy old men and women can retire to your villages in nigeria. i will help pay for your canoe fare

@Kelvin, How dare you call someone in his 20s old? grin

You want me to Jakie Chan your face?
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by kambili190: 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
well, and I'd like to add that some people have a different impression as to who displays more "affection" in public.

first, I saw some videos on this forum and elsewhere that show couples in Nigerian clubs displaying so much affection that it looks like they are almost having sex.

second, when you enter some of the clubs in some European countries where the majority of guests is black, you'll see that they display more "affection" than in any other club. they dance very close, touch each other in places I don't have to call by name, kiss ....

don't get me wrong, I know that some African people behave different when it comes to displaying affection in public, this is to say, they don't do it at all in public. that's ok with me. however, I don't mind seeing couples that show each other love. in fact, I appreciate it. love is a beautiful thing and as long as this affection giving thing in public is not on a sexual level, it is just beautiful.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
obo_man:

I do agree with that as societies get richer and economies develop, divorce rate will indeed be higher. I never said Africa's divorce rates are lower, I only said we still make good lovers despite our aversion for public affection.

haha, I'm not prude, in fact, I'm very raw. My name should suggest to you that I'm not prude. I'm just advocating for decency in public.

@Kelvin, How dare you call someone in his 20s old? grin

You want me to Jakie Chan your face?

shattap there. the offer is still open. i will pay for your relocation to your village by canoe

1 Like

Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Goldieluks: 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
Kevin_II:
shattap there. the offer is still open. i will pay for your relocation to your village by canoe

#falls from boat# grin grin
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

#falls from boat# grin grin
fall into my bedroom now
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Goldieluks: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2012
Kevin_II:
fall into my bedroom now

You want me to get bitten by rats and cockroaches?
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
True Nigerian dude 1001% prude
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

You want me to get bitten by rats and cockroaches?
lai lai. my bed is made in italy my bedsheet is imported from india and the pillows are from malaysia. you will love it.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Goldieluks: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
Kevin_II:
lai lai. my bed is made in italy my bedsheet is imported from india and the pillows are from malaysia. you will love it.

Am talking about what's underneath your bed!
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

Am talking about what's underneath your bed!
nothing i swear. just packs of condom
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by slimyem: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2012
excessive PDAs-highly unnecessry!
Feel you op but you can't do no shyte about it.
When you see them at it and its not pleasing to your eyes,look away!
Simples
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
The most annoying are those school kids. They make unnecessary noise...makes me want to ********** them!
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
You hate couples holding hands in public? Are you freaking kidding me? Lawd!!!! shocked

For me I have no damn problem with it, I go about my business, I will only stop if someone is getting ra. pe or a crime is been committed.

P.S yes I am the type that hold my partner hands, tab their azz, kiss if need be in public or not.
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2012
Kevin_II: if una don tire to see PDA you grumpy old men and women can retire to your villages in nigeria. i will help pay for your canoe fare

I owe you one. LOL grin
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by KevinII(m): 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
rokiatu:

I owe you one. LOL grin
Oya come to my bedroom and pay your dues. Am waiting
Re: Oyinbos And Public Affections by chic2pimp(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
kambili190: well, and I'd like to add that some people have a different impression as to who displays more "affection" in public.

first, I saw some videos on this forum and elsewhere that show couples in Nigerian clubs displaying so much affection that it looks like they are almost having sex.

Links pls....Yours truly would like to either confirm or deny the rumours

(1) (Reply)

Guys How Do You Feel When Your Ladies Buy Things On Credit? / The Reason Why Some Good Girls Dont Marry Ontime! / Ladies, Can You Tell If A Guy Is Still A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.