Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,151 members, 7,916,375 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:59 PM

Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians (501 Views)

Pray For Nnamdi Kanu - IPOB Charges Christians / Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians by BlackPikiN(m): 6:57am On Apr 06, 2012
By EMEKA MAMAH
KADUNA—Arewa Consutative Forum, ACF, has asked Nigerians to emulate the sacrifices made by Jesus Christ through His death on the cross for mankind to be liberated from sin by loving and accommodating one another, saying that relative pluralism was needed for meaningful socio-economic development.

In its Easter message by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani, ACF said: ‘’Nigerians can make the most of their differences by loving and respecting them.’’

He said: ‘’As we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who, through pains and sacrifice associated with crucifixion, brought about the message of reconciliation and hope, ACF wishes all Christians happy Easter.

’’Jesus Christ broke barriers that hitherto existed by reaching out to people of all races,nations and culture of all classes and paid the supreme price to reconcile humanity to God.

’’Yet, death could not hold Him when He resurrected from the death. It is in that spirit that Nigerians should make consciously-directed efforts and find ways of overcoming all those differences, be they religious, ethnic, regional or political, that divide the people.

’’This is because Nigerians can make the most of their differences by loving and respecting them. Cultures, traditions, ethnicity and pantheonism may differ, but they are dynamic.

’’Consider language as the basic element of culture and tradition can disappear from the face of the earth,but core value of humanity like love and sacred inviolability of the individual are for eternity. It is such consideration that ACF uses to wish all Christians a wonderful Easter celebration in the hope that we will all mimick Christ’s unconditional love of our neighbours as ourselves.’

’’That is about the only way to inspire peaceful coexistence that comes with tolerance, accommodation and relative pluralism, which are needed for any meaningful socio-economic development.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/easter-emulate-jesus-arewa-charges-christians/
Re: Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians by BlackPikiN(m): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2012
I hear the msg o. Good one.
But who is this Anthony sani. I dey feel say na one robot character like that just like Jomo Gbomo.
Re: Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians by Crossroad1(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
Sowore is not a wise man..
I don't expect any member of his family to still be in Nigeria knowing what you get yourself into daily.
His brother was assassinated
Re: Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Christians by klonboi: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
while

(1) (Reply)

Pension Fraud: ‘I Travelled To Hajj With What I?got’ / Jim Yong Beats Okonjo Iweala As World Bank President / President Goodluck Jonathan Tells German Investors That Nigeria Is Safe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.