Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,313 members, 7,910,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:18 PM

Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! (913 Views)

Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! by Lenny5000(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
I know we have the most liberal Country in the world were Prostitution, Marijuana, Euthanasia are legalized. So I am used to seeing people smoke weed on the street etc.. But I had a rude shock couple of hours ago when I decided to go have a quiet time in the City's Main Catholic Church. I saw this guy that looked like a hippie with extremely long ear rings on both ears walked out of the Church with a big Fat Marijuana in his hand, he was barely outside when he lit his stuff and started smoking... I looked at him for sometime and then went ahead to have my quiet time. Even if Marijuana is legal, I believe people should still have respect for a place of worship... Some pics of the Church in Eindhoven (Holland) below Enjoy!!...

NB: I grew up as Catholic but am not a practicing Catholic anymore..(I attend a Pentecostal Church) But I still go to the City's main Catholic Church sometimes to have a quiet time.. Bless

Re: Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! by Lenny5000(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
More Pics..

Re: Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
Well you said it yourself, its a Liberal country, and it will most certainly be reflected in the attitudes & behavior of people. Btw, that is a grand looking church.
Re: Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! by Lenny5000(m): 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2012
JeSoul: Well you said it yourself, its a Liberal country, and it will most certainly be reflected in the attitudes & behavior of people. Btw, that is a grand looking church.

I know, I guess I was hoping for too much! People usually relax and smoke marijuana at the front of the Church when it's not open so it's a common sight... I guess this particular Hippie guy didn't see much difference between smoking at the entrance and taking his stuff inside the church.. I wish this Church were in Nigeria, they would really make good use of it cos it's empty most of the time... Bless
Re: Marijuana In Church On Good Friday! by tchaik(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2012
Is smoking weed wrong?
If the Laws of the Land make it legal, and the last time I checked, there aint no place in the Holy Bible they say dude should stop getting high.
I do.pe evryday, I still go to church and I don't see nothing wrong there.
If you have a verse that codemns weed in the Bible, I will sure like to have it, but until then BLAZE IT UP!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News On CNN: Ferry Capsized - TB Joshua / marriage / 6 Million Muslims Convert To Christianity - Al-jazeerah ! ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.