Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? (1111 Views)

What Business Can A 19 Year Old University Student Do To Earn A Living? / Do People Actually Make A Living Amount From Online Forex Trading In Nigeria / Seeking To Make A Living Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
I just resigned from my job as an accountant and planned to start buying and selling american shares for a living after 7 years of experience. I have an american stock account which i open here with a broker for just N10,000 and am buying in to any american companies. Can i trade share for a living as an income source.
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2012
American shares have returned to its previous level before the 2008 market crash...what is nigerian stock exchange doing?
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2012
Nigerian stcoks vs American Stocks
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by lololo5: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
Hi ogedanny, I'm also intrested in trading american stocks,but I just can't believe dat u opened an account with just 10000 naira. I thought u'll need like 200000 naira †̥ start.....pls can u temme d broker in which u opened an account wit.....pls send me d details of d broker †̥ s_adamolekun@yahoo.com. GOD bless u as u send it......
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by supereagle(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
lololo5: Hi ogedanny, I'm also intrested in trading american stocks,but I just can't believe dat u opened an account with just 10000 naira. I thought u'll need like 200000 naira †̥ start.....pls can u temme d broker in which u opened an account wit.....pls send me d details of d broker †̥ s_adamolekun@yahoo.com. GOD bless u as u send it......
A lot of people do that. A doctor had an accident ,as a result he could not practice again. Thanks stocks trading . He makes 50k every month.Let me tell you , most of the stocks on S&P 500 are poisons to your portfolio , only 3% of them give good returns. You can make it if know how to select good wining penny stocks.
Best of Luck.
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by plaetton: 4:03am On Apr 08, 2012
You can trade american stocks on a daily babsis and make good returns. however, if you have gambling mindset, you 'll lose all your money in due time. But you have a good knowledge of market dynamics, very disciplined, patient and with a minimum of $25000 to $30,000 to start, then here are my tips for you.
1. Open a cash trading account, no margin acounts, I repeat, no margin accounts. A margin account will send you to the dog house in a very short time.
2. pick about 5-10 well known but volatile stocks preferably priced from $5-$15 a share.Follow them for about a week to get acquainted with their trading patterns. By so doing , you will know their bottom and resistance levels on any trading period.
3.Make your trades during premarket trading period between 8am and 9.30am EST.Stocks are usually much more volatile in an uncordinated fashion before finding their levels at 9.30am.
4. Make only 4-5 roundtrip trades a day.
And you might do that even before the market open at 9.30am if you pick your stocks carefully. For example if you have $30,000 and you buy stock ABC for $7.50 a share, that would give you 4000 shares. During the pre-trading hours between 8am to 9.30am, the stock might be swinging between $7.25-$7.75. All you have to do is buy between this gap, lets say at $7.50 and then quickly sell when it goes to $7.60,$7.65, or $7.75. Even selling quickly at $7.60 gives you a profit of $0.10 or 4000x$0.10 = $400.00 per trade. You can also do short-selling if you are familiar with the technique. It simply means borrowing and selling stock with hope of buying it a a lower price, and then keeping the difference as your profit.
If you can maintain strick discipline and restrict yourself to just 5 trades on any given day, you might make $1000 or more on any given day.
Good luck.
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2012
I AM CURRENTLY USING SWING TRADING AND GETTING A GOOD 40-90% RETURN EVERY TWO MONTHS WITH CONFIDENCE....
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
coca cola
Re: Can One Trade American Stocks For A Living? by ogedanny: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2012
More tips

(1) (Reply)

Linkosms Has Crippled My SMS Plateform For 3 Months Now / Please Help Out On This-standard Life Investment / Social Media Marketing Services: Finding Customers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.