Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? (20292 Views)

Why A Rich Guy Can Not Find True Love.. / Can I Ever Find True Love? I'm So Depressed Now. / Can A Wealthy Man Ever Find True Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by jennyb2: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
my dear u sound so worried,
?

my dear u sound so worried r u not a bebe? all u need do is to takia of urself, assume ur single status again avoid self pity, exude much confidence and charisma and in no no time d rite guy will hook up wit u, and u will surely knw he is d rite guy cos d chemistry will flow in rite direction, pls always hav a positive mind. i tell u dis will wrk.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by aljharem(m): 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
I don't understand why my Igbo brothers are just insulting the yorubas like this just because of 1 fail marriage out of millions ?

Her husband was wrong to have done that it has nothing to do with east or yoruba, It has to do with individuals and the human nature.

Please my eastern brothers, take it easy o !! angry
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by andyanders: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
In fact, you are to be blamed for this issue at hand. A typical Yoruba man CANNOT stay with one wife unless that person is a REAL God fearing and a devoted Christian.

You knew that this man is from a Polygamous family and you still went ahead to marry the person. Almost all the Ibo ladies that married Yoruba guys never lasted. Marriage of convenience.

Note, it is very difficult for you to find a single guy within your age limit that can accommodate a MALE child from another man. If you had gotten a baby girl, it would have be at least 90% possibility for you to find true love.

You still stand a chance but must be careful and also must go back to God to help you get a true man that will love you and your baby. You cannot identify a true and responsible man from his outlook. Men are very hard to decode when they are lust in flesh.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
@Alj, its hard to forgive them for what they did to us during the biafran war. we wouldn't have known all these Boko Haram, corruptions and the likes if they hadn't betrayed us and we achieved biafra then. Ojukwu and his team; chinua achebe and co were determined to design an european-standard black nation called Biafra, but the yorubas betrayed us, so why should we look them with good eye, tell me? All these things they are saying here as if they like us Ibos, let an Ibo man come out for presidency tomorrow, and see how many yorubas that will vote for him, they are traitors, its in their bloods to always hate Ibos, so why marry your hater? Israelis can never marry a palestinian or a German for no single reason, that is how we should live with Yorubas and Hausas, they hate us, so lets just live with them for the sake of one nation, but never marry them becos they will disappoint u tomorrow if anything happens in Nigeria thats the obvious truth!!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Owolarbie(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
Oh sorry for that but am still a single and loving dude we can hook up if you don't mind here is my phone number 07063411539 if you will like to move on with a honest Man like me[color=#770077][/color]
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by aljharem(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
cugresources: @Alj, its hard to forgive them for what they did to us during the biafran war. we wouldn't have known all these Boko Haram, corruptions and the likes if they hadn't betrayed us and we achieved biafra then. Ojukwu and his team; chinua achebe and co were determined to design an european-standard black nation called Biafra, but the yorubas betrayed us, so why should we look them with good eye, tell me? All these things they are saying here as if they like us Ibos, let an Ibo man come out for presidency tomorrow, and see how many yorubas that will vote for him, they are traitors, its in their bloods to always hate Ibos, so why marry your hater? Israelis can never marry a palestinian or a German for no single reason, that is how we should live with Yorubas and Hausas, they hate us, so lets just live with them for the sake of one nation, but never marry them becos they will disappoint u tomorrow if anything happens in Nigeria thats the obvious truth!!

I don't understand why you are spreading hate in the hearts of your brothers and sisters I don't even understand what you are meant to gain from it.

Anyway, as she has her story, I bet other people have their own story of Igbos. Again it is individuals not east or yoruba.

Yoruba and Hausa don't hate anyone, it is your own delusion.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
@harem, it is so obvious that Hausas and Yorubas hate Ibos, so don't come here claiming that u are ignorant of that fact. I only pity the Ibo girls and guys who don't know what they are hated by Hausas & Yorubas, at least Biafran war is a good example to reference on and several other occasions. Ibos and Hausas are like Israel vs Palestine. Yorubas & Ibos are like Germans vs Israel, so bingo, we know! I insist, if my sister insist on marrying a Yoruba or Hausa, I and my dad personally will assassinate the guy, and if it fails, we are ready to sacrifice our daughter. My father was a strong tie of late Odimeqwu Ojukwu, so he told me lots of stories about other tribes, so any Ibo dealing with them should be cautious, but unfortunately most Ibos as soon as they arrive Lagos, they forget their past and live liberally like birds!
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by freecocoa(f): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2012
alj harem: I don't understand why my Igbo brothers are just insulting the yorubas like this just because of 1 fail marriage out of millions ?

Her husband was wrong to have done that it has nothing to do with east or yoruba, It has to do with individuals and the human nature.

Please my eastern brothers, take it easy o !! angry
My sweetheart before before undecided,I don miss you tire o,my dear pay no mind to people like that hopeless cugresources,the dude is mentally unstable grin,howdy dear?
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Tinyemeka(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
PrettyCindy:
When i took in for him, he refused to give me money for ante-natal or register me with his office NHIS. When i askd y, he said he doesnt want anythin to do with my child, he left d house,moved into a new place with a girl he was dating in the next compound &never contactd me all thru my preg. God was really faithful and kind to me during this period.
Anyway he has not seen my baby till date.when i called him last month to discuss child support with him, he clearly said he won‘t support but if he must, he will take permission from his eldest brother (his family pushes him around). I cant depend on him or wait for him oooo, i will take care of my son.

I'm not trying to be insulting here. I may be wrong also. But I believe he may have seen reasons to suspect that he is not the biological father of the baby. Is that correct?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by aljharem(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
freecocoa: My sweetheart before before undecided,I don miss you tire o,my dear pay no mind to people like that hopeless cugresources,the dude is mentally unstable grin,howdy dear?

Thank you jare nwunye'm, I am ok iyawo mi. I have just ignore the man, maybe the next yoruba igbo marriage would be you and I kiss kiss kiss grin grin
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by freecocoa(f): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
alj harem:

Thank you jare nwunye'm, I am ok iyawo mi. I have just ignore the man, maybe the next yoruba igbo marriage would be you and I kiss kiss kiss grin grin
Wouldn't mind that,kiss kiss
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by napol(m): 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
...just pray!
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by joanana(f): 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
Yes yoi can find true love
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by pendo89(f): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
smh

noisy tribalistic thread.

@poster.yes you can just spread your wings.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by linclon(f): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
There is no need for some pple to keep making nasty tribal comments.(Whats an Ibo lady doing with a Yoruba guy) some people really need to grow. Its an issue of the values of the persons involved. I got a good number of Igbo in law in my family especially the ladies and I know girls who want to date Yoruba guys for certain reason. Yoruba girls married to Igbo guys also have their own cultural palava. We have to deal with our issues maturely and ask for God's help.

Form the story, I think there is more to this story than what we are reading. On a final note, As a lady when getting married, you have to be careful the kind of family you marrying into. Polygamous background can work for some (marital values differ to some) but you have to be sure about the man you saying YES to and not just be desperate to become a MRS, and issue becoming of Nigerian ladies recently.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
nothing is impossible, and you should not be sounding like love is never going to come the way of single mums. haba...

Like anyone male and female, single or not you will find love, and get to beloved.

I have dated a gal back in 2005 who was a single mum, and we so loved each other and it lasted so till some other guy felt he loves her dearly too. So both of us reasoned and we decided to end what we have, since she had a baby girl who was going to be 2years old, and I was jobless and seem to be giving her hopes and nothing more.

But we were in love, I mean you cant but love her together with her baby.

You only need to lighten up and define what you want in your man.. and He shall come your way. knowing that you need a man that would be reasonable and available to care for you and your baby. Many men are out there who understands.

Just live love and it will radiate all around you.

Romance & Dating Department: Top Four Ways to Attract Men to You
http://romanceanddatingdepartment..com/2012/04/top-four-ways-to-attract-men-to-you.html
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Acelifted: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
afam4eva: All the Igbo sisters i know that married Yoruba men are divorced. Does this say anything?

Are you heading down the road of tribalism again!!!!

My Sister. Your story has nothing to do with marrying a Yoruba man. A wrong choice is simply a wrong choice, whether Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. Buts it ok. Your sincere admittance through a humble and honest heart will attract God's sympathy. He does not reject such. Note that blessed Joyce Meyer was once married and divorced. A wrong choice. But she found true love in David and today they have been married for over 42 years. Isn't God wonderful!

If you ask me what to do, i will advice you get back to God and make things right with him. Your son has a wonderful destiny and needs a good home (and father) to lead him there.

God bless you.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by IYANGBALI: 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
i can,t guarante true love but i can guarante true rod
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by IYANGBALI: 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2012
andyanders: In fact, you are to be blamed for this issue at hand. A typical Yoruba man CANNOT stay with one wife unless that person is a REAL God fearing and a devoted Christian.

You knew that this man is from a Polygamous family and you still went ahead to marry the person. Almost all the Ibo ladies that married Yoruba guys never lasted. Marriage of convenience.

Note, it is very difficult for you to find a single guy within your age limit that can accommodate a MALE child from another man. If you had gotten a baby girl, it would have be at least 90% possibility for you to find true love.

You still stand a chance but must be careful and also must go back to God to help you get a true man that will love you and your baby. You cannot identify a true and responsible man from his outlook. Men are very hard to decode when they are lust in flesh.
stop hating,this has nothing to do with tribe,in marriage shyt do happen.

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2012
These people on here. Who cares if he is yoruba and you are ibo?
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by coderXO(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
Yo y'all take it easy on it the yoruba men bashing.
I've heard this story in all colors and tribes of men.

Men are mean.
Women are just as ruthless also.

In life we just gotta learn and move on.

Love is a true and beautiful thing but
some of us have to have our hearts wrecked b4
we find it.

There is always a good end to it all, if you realize how wonderful life is.
Never give up.

@OP, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me babe.

Be well.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Vergil: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
cugresources: @Alj, its hard to forgive them for what they did to us during the biafran war. we wouldn't have known all these Boko Haram, corruptions and the likes if they hadn't betrayed us and we achieved biafra then. Ojukwu and his team; chinua achebe and co were determined to design an european-standard black nation called Biafra, but the yorubas betrayed us, so why should we look them with good eye, tell me? All these things they are saying here as if they like us Ibos, let an Ibo man come out for presidency tomorrow, and see how many yorubas that will vote for him, they are traitors, its in their bloods to always hate Ibos, so why marry your hater? Israelis can never marry a palestinian or a German for no single reason, that is how we should live with Yorubas and Hausas, they hate us, so lets just live with them for the sake of one nation, but never marry them becos they will disappoint u tomorrow if anything happens in Nigeria thats the obvious truth!!

Pls, don't take this offensive. To you or your peeps. With respect to your peeps.
Think its safe to say that, the mistakes, hatred of the old generation has been passed to you. Except you don't see it as that.

You deffo are free to think what you want. But, with all these extreme talk, have the feeling you loosing followers, rather than gaining them.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Vergil: 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
Acelifted:

Are you heading down the road of tribalism again!!!!

My Sister. Your story has nothing to do with marrying a Yoruba man. A wrong choice is simply a wrong choice, whether Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. Buts it ok. Your sincere admittance through a humble and honest heart will attract God's sympathy. He does not reject such. Note that blessed Joyce Meyer was once married and divorced. A wrong choice. But she found true love in David and today they have been married for over 42 years. Isn't God wonderful!

If you ask me what to do, i will advice you get back to God and make things right with him. Your son has a wonderful destiny and needs a good home (and father) to lead him there.

God bless you.

Hi Acelifted,
U seem to know about religion. Soz that this is off topic. But what's ur take on divorce? Cos I've read somewhere, think Mathews. Where it says, Men should not marry divorced women.
This thought came up when you used Joyce Meyers as an example.
Just curious
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by erniewhez(m): 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
freecocoa: My sweetheart before before undecided,I don miss you tire o,my dear pay no mind to people like that hopeless cugresources,the dude is mentally unstable grin,howdy dear?
he is a disgruntled slowpoke. he shld hav remained in his village instead comin to lag d state of ur haters

1 Like

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by ypzilanti: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2012
You need to know a persons philosophy about life and view about marriage before you marry them. Everyone has an opinion, and usually they are very open about it. Sometimes people are all caught up in the emotions and the hurry to get married and they dont really listen to what the other person is saying.

Another thing is that you should never think things are going to get better once u marry someone. Always assume its going to get 20% worse.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Metalgoong(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2012
On a second thought, I think this yoruba man you described is not a DEVIL as you painted him in your post- no grown ass man would go through all the wedding process, and stress involved, and suddenly starts demanding for divorce after three weeks of marriage.I think your Ex husband's sudden change in behavior must have been influenced by some of your BAD behaviors which he didn't notice when you guys were courting. In as much as I love my Igbo sisters, there are still many arrogant, brash, stubborn, and uncultured ones amongst you all.

I'm sure,you being a stubborn Eko bred Igbo girl, you went against you parents advice and went ahead to marry a polygamous yoruba man who you might have considered more ROMANTIC that igbo dudes . . lol.

In conclusion, I think you can still find TRUE LOVE only if you turn a NEW LEAF, but it is unlikely to be with Igbo dudes you overlooked during your prime years. Peace!
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by tunnytox(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
I am not surprised with comments like cugresources's, there a lot of Nigerians with yet to be diagonised mental illness because the goverment simply didn't care and that's one of the reason our country countinue to move backwards. I just pray that that dude called cugresources and the likes of him could be fortunate enough to be diagonised and treated for their mental illness before they hit the news with a horrifying headlines.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by johnugwu: 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
@op. Sorry for ur misfortune but u gat to bear wit it. I v two sistas dat got married frm d west, one is divorced and d other is goin tru hell. I told my younger sis stick wit her ibo guy and today, d guy treats her like a queen and believe me, i treat my fiancee as a queen and i respect her emmotions too. So my advice to d youger ibo sis bcareful wen makin ur choice.
Sorry @ all if i sounded tribalistic, but d truth must b told. I grew up in kd among diff tribes and i nevr had ibo guys as friends but wen i was given d lesson of my life i opened my self to my fellow ibo brothers and believe u me i dont regret doin it. My aunty was driven out of her husband's cos d mum brought anoda woman for d man. If i continue typing ehhhh i wil shed tears for dat woman. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by coderXO(m): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
i am for free speech and freedom of expression but that cugresources dude is a pure knob, really.

i totally agree about his mental illness.
where does one begin with people like him?
is there a cure for stupidity?

people like these is why ethnic cleansing has ravaged our beloved
continent. be wary.

this is dangerous.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by Koolking(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2012
If u bliv love xists so why not. Being a single mothr doesn't mean love has shut it doors against u. The truth is u ve not found ur soulmate. Ur soulmate is still out there. Do not despair, the time is not ripe.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by PrettyCindy(f): 2:18am On Apr 08, 2012
To the person (whoever u r) wishing me badluck,i reject it&d same is ur portion in Jesus name. ThankGod u are not my GOD &my destiny is nt in ur hands.
To all of u who have prayed for me and wished me well, i claim ur prayers & good wishes and wish y‘all d same.
Now like i said in my last post, d story is too long. Infact its been since last month i wanted to say this but when i start writing, before i get to the middle of the story, i will discover that its already too long and it will be difficult for people to read that is why i decided to put up the short part and ask the most important question because as far as am concern, i deserve to be loved, i have lots to give to my spouse and same should be my portion. Being loved by my spouse is my right. Love is beautiful and i have seen true pure love from my son.
Terminating the pregnancy like someone said wasnt an option. Even though being free may seem better than being single and saddled with a child but look at the other side of it; it was after 6months of living together that i got pregnant. Initially i thot the reason he maltreated me was because i hadnt gotten pregnant that is why i became surprised that he got worse when i got pregnant.
We dated for just 3months and i will be real honest i wasnt really desperate but the pressure from my mum was too much.
My parents knew about the marriage, it wasnt a Lagos marriage as some have said. He met my people and the proper thing was done in my family home in the village. My parents did not agree to the seperation but, mum made efforts to bring us back together but my mind was totally made up. I agree with those who said that if we were both of the same tribe, we wouldnt have seperated as both families would have made considerable efforts and distance would have also played a major role since both families may probably live in the same state.
Yes like i said earlier, i earned more than him but pls believe me when i say i respected him 2d core.
Re: I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? by erniewhez(m): 3:18am On Apr 08, 2012
@op,its gd u threw more light on ds.3 mnths is a dicey courtship,i call it rush.i lived wit my wife for 13yrs n she's stil coming up wit surprises, bad n good,hw much more 3mths 2 choose a life partner.ur mum is d cause of all these.d man may hav noticed something he never xpected after marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Always Adore Guys That Don't Watch Football Matches! / Leo Babarinde Dasilva: How Lady Dumped A Man Who Sponsored Her For A Richer Guy / Fun Time (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.