Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,822 members, 7,906,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? (7739 Views)

Easter And Christmas, Which Do You Think Is Greater??? / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? / Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by omodada1: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
;DIts a Mumuu question so i wil giv a Mumuu ans. As ‎​Fø̲я̅ M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣, we eat more Chicken @ Xmas dan any oda festiva so i lov Xmas

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by simmos: 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
Where in the bible can you find the term easter, Easter practice is pagan worship.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Ayodeb(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
We should sometimes ask ourselves why is December 25 chosen as the birthday of Jesus Christ? Then after the death of Jesus Christ how many of his faithful disciples celebrated either Christmas or Easter? If you read the book of 1 Corinthians chapter 11:23-34, you will discover that the only event that was celebrated after the ascension of Jesus Christ was the memorial of his death. Why? Because Jesus commanded them in the book of Luke 22:19-20. "Keep doing this in remembrance of me." We should refrain from adding or subtracting from he scriptures to avoid heavy judgment!

2 Likes

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by yemblaze(f): 12:36am On Apr 08, 2012
Some of u are jus saying what u feel is right and not how God feels or what d scriptures says! Both celebrations originated from pagan worship and yes origin matters a lot. Can u pick a candy from d gutter to lick jus because u love candy so much! No, coz its dirty! So u may feel d celebrations aint bad coz u av fun den, buh they come from those who don't worship God, pagans. How will God feel seeeing u partaking of such celebration. D only approved one which jesus himself ask us to do is stated in Luke 22: 19, 20

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by yemblaze(f): 12:43am On Apr 08, 2012
afam4eva:

Like i said, it's not about whether Easter or Christmas are biblical, they are just dates chosen to celebrate the birth and death of Jesus.
Dates chosen by who Ur ancestors abi! U don't knw what u are saying! So it doesn't matter if they are bibical, so what matters den!!

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by mamagee3(f): 4:05am On Apr 08, 2012
Christmas is more important for me. . .

Christmas is a season, estaer is a day. . .that's the difference.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 08, 2012
Confussion everywhere!...I think the question should have been,..Is that picture that of Jesus,or a mere actor who just did that to get paid.Most people use that picture thinking that is the real Jesus..some even bow before it before they engage in any prayer or something.A mere picture of an actor who might not even be a Christain..Or is there something i dont seem to know about that supposedly picture of Jesus
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Tropilo(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2012
@Ayodeb, Yemblaze and ur likes. You people are nothing but confusionists and antagonists. So u love the Bible so much that you practice only things written therein. Has it occured to you that its written in the Bible that you eat, but please show me where its written that you should poo or fart. Do not assume that its a human act. Please just give me a verse or verses to support it. I beg u! Or u stop doing any of these as its not written. Thank you.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by cynthiafred67(f): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2012
freecocoa: If there was no birth would there be a death?they both are very important but if I'm to rate,I'll put his birth first.

Well said
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Guapo(m): 9:16am On Apr 08, 2012
Ishilove: Neither.
Both are feasts and celebrations with pagan origins; easter was a celebration in honour of the goddess Ishtar,or Astoreth while Christmas was originally a holiday in honour of the Roman sun god.
The most important thing is havin a deep personal relationship with God and being in constant fellowship with Him thru His son Jesus Christ. That should be our main focus as children of the Most High God,not revelling in feasts with dubious origins
This is the bitter truth. @op, this is the answer in plain english.

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Guapo(m): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2012
Tropilo: @Ayodeb, Yemblaze and ur likes. You people are nothing but confusionists and antagonists. So u love the Bible so much that you practice only things written therein. Has it occured to you that its written in the Bible that you eat, but please show me where its written that you should poo or fart. Do not assume that its a human act. Please just give me a verse or verses to support it. I beg u! Or u stop doing any of these as its not written. Thank you.
shocked
Lord av mercy! Are u for real?
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Apr 08, 2012
Guapo:
shocked
Lord av mercy! Are u for real?

Are you for fake? He has a point.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by ignis: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2012
Oldpath: Feasts of Lord are given unto us to celebrate as a statue forever.
Lev. 23
John7:2,14,37
acts 18:21, 20:6,16
1Cor.5:8, 16:8;
Lam. 1:4, 2:6
Zech. 14:16:19

easter and xmas are fables. There is no scriptural backing for it.
duh! May God forgive you.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by jantavanta(m): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2012
Easter is a celebration of the Spring Equinox (Sun Crossing the Equator), while Christmas is a celebration
of Winter Solstice (Sun going down to the Tropic of Capricorn). Both should be of equal importance in
temperate climates where absence of the Sun of God results in harsh cold conditions. But Easter is
the fulfillment of the promise made in Winter that the Sun would come back again from the depths of darkness.

In hot Desert climates, the regular appearance of the Moon brings relief would be of more importance, hence
their religious festivals would rather be Moon God-based than Sun God-based.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by bluejeff(m): 10:28am On Apr 08, 2012
E bi like say jehovah witnesses full here. For christ sake we all know these celebrations started with pagans. Its like one goes into a village where they have a day set aside for the worship of their local goddess. The person brings the good news, the accepted it, and then the person decides that instead of worshipping the idol on that day, the coming of the good news is rather celebrated on that day. The question shld be, is it that pagan festival we still celebrate 2day ? 2ndly, do pple still even celebrate this so called pagan festival ?
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by stepo707: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
Stone Nigeria: 2me if u ask me, i'll simply say day d birth mark d startin pt, since it is also toward d yr end, it bring abt home comin wer we meet pple. Bt d main tin is D death cos if he did nt die our redemption could ve been void bt com 2tink of it even if he die a day afta his birth do u tink He could ve risen in d third day reply.
with God all things are possible
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by knowledge4(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2012
The importance of Easter or Christmas or the superiority of one over the other is not what matters.Both are significant.
Christmas remembers the birth of Jesus while Easter commemorates the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ the Savior of the world who came to die for our sins that we be reconciled to God the Father. Easter is about the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ who was raised from the dead on the 3rd day.The significance of the resurrection is the victory over death and hell and the assurance that any one who dies in Christ will surely resurrect into life eternal and reign with Christ in Heaven.None of the two events is superior over the other.

What matters is this
How are you standing in the Lord?
Are you leaving the substance and pursuing the shadows?
If the Last Trumpet should sound now,where are you headed?
Eternity with Christ in Heaven or eternal damnation in Hell fire?
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by okpurukata(f): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2012
bluejeff: E bi like say jehovah witnesses full here. For christ sake we all know these celebrations started with pagans. Its like one goes into a village where they have a day set aside for the worship of their local goddess. The person brings the good news, the accepted it, and then the person decides that instead of worshipping the idol on that day, the coming of the good news is rather celebrated on that day. The question shld be, is it that pagan festival we still celebrate 2day ? 2ndly, do pple still even celebrate this so called pagan festival ?

You said it all my dear. Yes the days originated from pagan religions but ask your selves, are those gods worshipped today. The church wisely chose those days and changed the focal points from those gods to our Lord Jesus Christ. All of us know too that sunday was for the worship of the sun god, but the church also changed that day to the worship of. God almighty. All you bible over sabi, why are u not protesting sunday worship? Star worshipping on saturdays no one will stop you. The bible guides us but God continues to reveal divine things to his people even till today. If you do not like it, please try and change the world order by your self. The church led by the Pope have spoken. So shall it remain. Shalom
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by plappville(f): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
oneakj: @Oldpath u did nt answer d question. We know there feasts are not backed scripturally. But "there's nothin wrong" in avin a day to remember d birth or the death of christ. Now back to d question, i think easter is more important. because is d fulfilment of d mission (d primary assignment of christ). The birth is not relevant if not for d death.

"There is nothing wrong" is always Satan's common tactics he uses to deceive people, another is, making them to claim new revelations that aren't in the Bible. Like the socalled religious feasts celebrated/observed in the world today!
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Emylexray(m): 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
freecocoa: If there was no birth would there be a death?they both are very important but if I'm to rate,I'll put his birth first.
well said cocoa!
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Emylexray(m): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2012
Some of you on this forum are so rooted to your ungoldly, blasphemic, ''devilish'' and profane wisdom.
How can a normal and sane human being envisage with his brain box that easter and christmas are insignificant and mere fables?
Well, i guess the grace of God upon your life is so sufficient that's why you can come here and type anythings your vain mind tells you. If it were in the days of Moses when they were strictly living under the law, i guess you would have drop dead by now with such misleading comment.
@poster, both are important and significant to the heavenly race, like sweetcocoa said, ''without birth, there will be no death''
and please don't follow the comments of some worldly-intelligent unbelievers here who take delight in fanning the embars of heresy and false doctrines. THE BIBLE IS COMPLETE! Study the word and you won't be tossed by the wind of heresy from confusionists.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Emylexray(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2012
jantavanta: Easter is a celebration of the Spring Equinox (Sun Crossing the Equator), while Christmas is a celebration
of Winter Solstice (Sun going down to the Tropic of Capricorn). Both should be of equal importance in
temperate climates where absence of the Sun of God results in harsh cold conditions. But Easter is
the fulfillment of the promise made in Winter that the Sun would come back again from the depths of darkness.

In hot Desert climates, the regular appearance of the Moon brings relief would be of more importance, hence
their religious festivals would rather be Moon God-based than Sun God-based.

with all these trash! You think you are wise? No! You are miles away from wisdom. May God forgive you.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Emylexray(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
Some of you here need a ''PERSONAL ENCOUNTER'' with JESUS! Only then will you believe. Verbal persuasion won't make you change your atheism. May God arrest you!

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by plappville(f): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
Emylexray: Some of you on this forum are so rooted to your ungoldly, blasphemic, ''devilish'' and profane wisdom.
How can a normal and sane human being envisage with his brain box that easter and christmas are insignificant and mere fables?
Well, i guess the grace of God upon your life is so sufficient that's why you can come here and type anythings your vain mind tells you. If it were in the days of Moses when they were strictly living under the law, i guess you would have drop dead by now with such misleading comment.
@poster, both are important and significant to the heavenly race, like sweetcocoa said, ''without birth, there will be no death''
and please don't follow the comments of some worldly-intelligent unbelievers here who take delight in fanning the embars of heresy and false doctrines. THE BIBLE IS COMPLETE! Study the word and you won't be tossed by the wind of heresy from confusionists.

Can you prove the bolded with the bible please?
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by plappville(f): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2012
bluejeff: E bi like say jehovah witnesses full here. For christ sake we all know these celebrations started with pagans. Its like one goes into a village where they have a day set aside for the worship of their local goddess. The person brings the good news, the accepted it, and then the person decides that instead of worshipping the idol on that day, the coming of the good news is rather celebrated on that day. The question shld be, is it that pagan festival we still celebrate 2day ? 2ndly, do pple still even celebrate this so called pagan festival ?

The symbols are still adopted till date, even if they ve tried to modify it to make it look religoius, u will agree with me that the feast itself has no true Christianity significant. The exploitation of "Alcohol" during this festival by pagans is one prove.!

1 Like

Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by charlsecy4(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
freecocoa: ............ they both are very important but if I'm to rate, I'll put his birth first.

It is NOT about rating! Ask yourself; why did Christ come? Is it to be born, or to die, resurrect and save humankind? The answer to the question should tell you which is more important.
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by orlahboi(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2012
i think a man without a mission or purpose is useless with his birth...Jesus christ death and ressurection is d fufilment of his birth...If HE didn't died, then i think his birth is non significance
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Ishilove: 8:29am On Apr 12, 2012
Emylexray: Some of you here need a ''PERSONAL ENCOUNTER'' with JESUS! Only then will you believe. Verbal persuasion won't make you change your atheism. May God arrest you!
Amen o!
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Ishilove: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2012
plappville:

Can you prove the bolded with the bible please?
Seconded
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2012
Someone was in my office on Tuesday and asked same question.
In my opinion, i think its Easter. Reason being that if Christ was born and chose not to die,what would have become of our redemption? Again he die to take away our sins during Easter and his resurrection sealed a perfect redemption and reconciliation between man and God
Re: Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? by plappville(f): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
Whoever that is destined to remain in the dark will always find fault when faced with the truth.

None has been able to provide where the bible tells us to celebrate these festivals. you stood firm to ignore what Christ commanded, by replacing them with traditions.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Christians should ask themselves these questions...DO i profess to be a follower of "Jesus Christ"? Or do i profess to follow him solely or do i profess to follow both him and human traditions? We all know the origine of all these socalled festivals. If u want to claim that they are now Christian festival, then you must prove when God reveal that to you. These festivals are honoured today by many Christians because of its flambouyant ways.

Matthew 15:1-14 reads,

15:1Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, 15:2"Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat bread."

15:3He answered them, "Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition? 15:4For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 15:5But you say, ‘Whoever may tell his father or his mother, "Whatever help you might otherwise have gotten from me is a gift devoted to God," 15:6he shall not honor his father or mother.’ You have made the commandment of God void because of your tradition. 15:7You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,

15:8‘These people draw near to me with their mouth,
And honor me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.

15:9But in vain do they worship me,
Teaching as doctrine rules made by men.’"

Christ disciples did not in anyway obey man traditions. Like some Christian are strictly observing human traditions today.

mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Those who have ears, let them hear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Am Not Voting For President Obama / Dr. Godwin Maduka Felicitates With Nigeria At Easter, Preaches Unity, Patriotism / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.