Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,712 members, 7,951,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Is Your View About Sucide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your View About Sucide (970 Views)

To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam / Your View About Abortion... / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your View About Sucide by Arogunmasa(m): 4:28am On Apr 08, 2012
Fellow NL, for yrs now I have been living a life devoid of meaning. No job, no shelter to call my own. Not that I have not tried to get one but it is not forthcoming.
Being the subject of ridicule among family member and I am not gettin young anymoRe I believe that at the age of 34 am suppose to have made some tangible achieVement in life.
So many things have been goin thru my mind lately , I lost the zeal to live. I concluded that sucide is the best option I cannot continue to face this ridicule.
It so bad dt I can't even sleep soundly it weigh heavily on my mind. Pls advise
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by denzel2009: 4:42am On Apr 08, 2012
Dude, you have to live up to your username. Who told you it's going to be easy? Hang in there, you will succeed and tell interesting stories of how you scaled your challenges.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 08, 2012
First of all, suicide is selfish. You may not like ur present condition but surely there are those whom still love you. Put them in mind. Dont hurt them.

Secondly, Im not bothered about your history. I dont know and really dont care hiw you got to ur present state. But here's some advice for u. You can try changing environment, do some deep thinking, find out what makes u happy and gives you joy.

The truth is you have to come with terms with what you "are" now in order to make progress. What skills do you have? What company do you keep? Why take what others say so seriously? Which of my close relations can I confide in?

I hope you get to read this. Suicide may seem like a solution to you, to your loved ones, it could be a stigma
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by GboyegaD(m): 5:32am On Apr 08, 2012
@OP,
Suicide is actually not in your best interest as it puts only a solution to a problem that is temporal. What happens to your soul afterwards.
Look inwards and pray for strength to overcome however, the most important thing is the mindset you carry. Thus, try as much as you can to view life in the positive as this would give you a positive disposition to life and would help boost your person,. In the interim, you could start by teaching in a small school to have a source of income while you think of what you could to increase your cash flow.
Above all, I pray as we celebrate the resurrection of Christ this day, may it bring back meaning and zeal to your life in Jesus Name.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by God2man(m): 5:38am On Apr 08, 2012
I heard this true story from a man of God. In one of his missionary trips abroad, a white woman came for counselling, she told the man of God that her husband wanted to commit suicide, she had to watch him every moment, he may decide to use fork,knife or any other thing just to commit suicide, the white woman will collect those instruments from his hands, and this thing had been going on for sometime, infact, the white woman said that in her husband family, the great grandfather committed suicide,the father did the same thing, now her husband is always having the thought of suicide.
The man of God asked this white woman to bring her husband, the husband came to see the man of God, the man of God said, first thing first, the man has to surrender his life to christ, after ministering to this white man, the man of God gave this white man some deliverance prayer points to pray, he left them for a while to attend to other people, after sometime, there was an exclamation, "i have seen him, i have seen him" the man of God rushed back and asked this white man, what did you see? He answered, i saw Jesus, he came to me, he opened my brain like a can and brought out a rope, and then he closed it back again. Right from that moment the countenance of this white man changed, his gloomy face suddenly changed and became joyful, the man said immeditely Jesus performed that spiritual surgical operation on his brain, the suicidal thought disappeared, that was the end of the problem.
Now, you may be wondering, how did a spiritual rope entered into the brain of a white man? Worst thing more this happened. The answer is not far fetch, it could be a curse in the family, it could be generational thing in the family, psalm 11:3 "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" it means, if your great grandfather had done something bad, they have laid a terrible foundation for their innocent unborn children, and it will take the grace , mercy of God as well as deliverance prayer to rewrite the family history or to bring everything back to normal. There is more to the various challenges man is facing on this earth, the truth is that the devil throw stones at everybody, it depends on your reaction to those stones, you may allow them to destroy you or you reject those stones.
Life is a battle. Life is not fair. You may not get what you deserve. Hardwork may not neccessarily result to success. There is more to what we can see, the world is spiritual place, it is not what we see that determine how far we go in life, but what we do not see, the spiritual world has a great influence on the present physical world, you have to take a stand.
My brother i do not know if you are christian or not, but pick up a Bible and read the whole twelve chapters of the Book of ecclesiastes, if you are a fast reader, it will not be more than 2 to 3 hrs. You will gain a lot.
God bless you. I wish you the best in life. God2man.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Arogunmasa(m): 6:02am On Apr 08, 2012
What can I do to turn this situation around? this restlessness has deprive me of sleep. As am writin this am sheding tears. Wondering at what point did I take a wrong turn? All those are witness their birth most are graduates some have even gotten married n am still wher I am. Something is wrong smwher.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by buzugee(m): 6:19am On Apr 08, 2012
Arogunmasa: What can I do to turn this situation around? this restlessness has deprive me of sleep. As am writin this am sheding tears. Wondering at what point did I take a wrong turn? All those are witness their birth most are graduates some have even gotten married n am still wher I am. Something is wrong smwher.
listen here chief. when you are being broken down by God like this. it is for a very special reason. it means you are being prepared to be one of those to recieve the kingdom of God. the lord humbles those he chooses. if he did not humble you, you would probably have been a braggadocious person unworthy of being used. first of all you have to distance yourself and cut yourself away from those who are ridiculing you. you will find out in life that all a man desires in life is simply desired so as to impress other people. if you have nobody to impress, then your worldly desires will cease. so you have to cut yourself away from people. and then you have to come to the realization that this world is on its last legs. this world as it is, is temporary and is about to give way to the kingdom of heaven on earth ( the prophesys are coming true. iran and russia and china and america are about to start ww3 after which christ will return. ).in the meantime you have to get back to the lord and for sustenance, look for a trade. forget all that vanity of college degrees. those times are gone. college degrees all over the world are used to wipe butts now. get a trade like a designer tailor, designer shoe maker, carpenter etc etc. watch the lord bless you after that. with a trade, you dont need a job. you make your own job. good luck
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2012
Arogunmasa: What can I do to turn this situation around? this restlessness has deprive me of sleep. As am writin this am sheding tears. Wondering at what point did I take a wrong turn? All those are witness their birth most are graduates some have even gotten married n am still wher I am. Something is wrong smwher.

You are a prisoner of your own mind. free yourself now. Disbelieve all that you have been spoon-fed with, use your powers as a super human, you are more than you were told, you are your own god, use your power as a god to create pleasant condition for yourself, the greatest power of humans is their MIND. use your mind power, start today by creating a brand new life/world for yourself. i will tell you 3 steps to start that.

1. Visualisation: start to imagine the kind of life you want, visualize it(create a vivid picture of it and run it like a video) see your self driving that car you want, see yourself living in a mansion, visualize the woman of your dream, etc. you will begin to feel good gradually.
2. Affirmation: start saying good things to yourself, say only positive things about your life, as you say good things to yourself, the situation will get better and perpetually best.
3. Live your dream life: pretend you never posted this thread, start living as though you have all those things you lack, next time tell a family member you will buy a car for him or her, live as though you have millions in banks, be thankful for the life you have. Smile at yourself whenever you look at a mirror.

this may sound silly to you but if you put it in constant practice, your life will experience an automatic turn around.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Jenwitemi(m): 7:59am On Apr 08, 2012
Didn't he say that his supposed "loved ones" are laughing at his situation? Nothing was than being in such a situation where your family members who are closest to you deride you instead of helping you out in your hard times.
musKeeto: First of all, suicide is selfish. You may not like ur present condition but surely there are those whom still love you. Put them in mind. Dont hurt them.

Secondly, Im not bothered about your history. I dont know and really dont care hiw you got to ur present state. But here's some advice for u. You can try changing environment, do some deep thinking, find out what makes u happy and gives you joy.

The truth is you have to come with terms with what you "are" now in order to make progress. What skills do you have? What company do you keep? Why take what others say so seriously? Which of my close relations can I confide in?

I hope you get to read this. Suicide may seem like a solution to you, to your loved ones, it could be a stigma
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 08, 2012
Jenwitemi: Didn't he say that his supposed "loved ones" are laughing at his situation? Nothing was than being in such a situation where your family members who are closest to you deride you instead of helping you out in your hard times.
I was much younger when I first contemplated suicide. I was 'queer', not like other children. Pastors would say 'witches' were after my destiny, Pops would hit me saying I was stubborn. Forced to fast and all. I'm speaking from experience.
I still found someone who 'knew' me. My uncle's wife. She is my real 'loved' one. The OP, I believe, surely has a friend or someone whom still appreciates him. He needs those words from whomever more urgently than this digital solutions on nairaland. Contemplating suicide is not an easy phase. One bad day and all the good work of a week or month of recovery could be in vain.

The OP's solution doesn't lie in religion. He has to seek deep within himself...

buzugee: . so you have to cut yourself away from people.. for sustenance, look for a trade. forget all that vanity of college degrees. those times are gone. college degrees all over the world are used to wipe butts now. get a trade like a designer tailor, designer shoe maker, carpenter etc etc. watch the lord bless you after that. with a trade, you dont need a job. you make your own job. good luck
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by nyameke: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2012
sorry to tell you but you brought all these experiences on yourself.. No one is punishing you but yourself ..Everything is in your head..You are what you think and you my friend have been thinking and internalizing the wrong beliefs either consciously or subconciously ..
The simple truth is that you see yourself as a failure ,poor, not good enough etc .. Your world without is a reflection of your world within.. your present thoughts create your future and your current state was created by your past thoughts negative thoughts.. what your mind focuses on is manifested in your life ...there is nothing like predetermined fate..Your fate is determined by your currents thoughts and beliefs....The rich is rich because of their thoughts and beliefs and vice versa for the poor...

So the solution to your current state is to get rid of negative and limiting beliefs about yourself.. nourish your subconcious mind with the right thoughts and you will see your life changing..I specifically said your subconcious mind because it is the seat of your beliefs and creator of your reality... Your heart is the center or seat of your subconcious mind and is the feminine aspect of your mind while the conscious mind the seat of the will is the masculine aspect of your mind where your thoughts originate from ...

Therefore its not your conscious thoughts that create your reality, but it is your subconscious beliefs. It is the subconscious mind, the feminine aspect of mind that is the creative faculty. Aman does not give birth .. It’s only the woman that bears children. The conscious mind, the masculine aspect of mind conditions a thought into the subconscious mind in order to create a belief that manifests into reality. Like a seed that is impregnated into the womb, it is nurtured within and born as a child...Your beliefs run your life and nothing escapes the law of attraction

Ok I made that point to make you understand that it is not enough to just think positively and the right thoughts, you have to convince your heart to believe it then it will be manifested.. the ignorants will just tell you to change your thoughts and waa Laa everything will be fine. WRONG..The poor and rich both have dreams of prosperity the difference of manifestation is that the rich honestly believes it and takes action to achieve their dreams while the poor only hopes ..

Hope this helps..peace be unto you and follow your heart/purpose..when you follow your purpose you serve God and Dats what will make you happy
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Callotti: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2012
It is unfortunate that your family that is supposed to be your greatest source of strength and UNCONDITIONAL LOVE has become the albatross of ridicule hanging on your neck. I would have really had it rough if I never had my loving family with me all my life that I never HAVE NEVER needed a friend outside my family. Your only best option is to team up with a strong female for a girlfriend. . .and possibly wife material. Unfortunately, MOST Nigerian women are materialistic and looking for ready-made MEN. You might even be the very one to become the abuser after she has stood by you to build a successful home together DOWN THE ROAD. Life is a risk darling.

You have to find a way. Suicide is NEVER an option.
You must find a way. There are people with houses, money, children, wives, WEALTH UNTOLD with no HEALTH. They can't even get out of bed.
Here you are complaining and worrying about a future YOU CANNOT CONTROL. Huh!
Make your choice o! I have chosen LIFE! cool
Your journey has not even started.
Wait till you get married and have children. . .that would have to depend on you.
Your sleeples nights have not yet begun. Thank your stars it is just you for now.
Survival of the fittest.
When the going gets tough. . .the tough gets going.

Oh boy. . . Enjoy this track jare. . . Life is what you make it. For me. . .IT IS ALWAYS ONE HECK OF A PARRRRRY! If you quench today. . .THE WORLD WILL NOT CARE AND WILL MOVE ON! Gbam!!!!

Do your best and leave the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3vzl_VwLc&feature=related
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by emofine2(f): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2012
It’s not about how you start a race its how you finish. Don’t give up, your life may inspire someone one day and tomorrow may prove better for you.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by LogicMind: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2012
see them. do gooders
useless moderators hiding post
talk of freedom of speech. for where?

abeg if you wan kill yourself go ahead, no come give us headache like say you dey too important to die.
trillions of people don die before and trillions more will die.

people kill themselves everyday. no big deal.
mssew
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by Arogunmasa(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2012
I have gone thru posts on this thread n I appriciate ur responses. I stick to ur advice- suicide is no option.
Thank u n God bless.
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by LogicMind: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Arogunmasa: I have gone thru posts on this thread n I appriciate ur responses. I stick to ur advice- suicide is no option.
Thank u n God bless.

no liver
Yoruba noise maker
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by mazaje(m): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
Logic Mind:

no liver
Yoruba noise maker

Knock it off pls. . . .

@ OP

I don't know how you feel but you have to be strong. .Don't think that your problems are worse than those of others. . .Love yourself, have positive thoughts about yourself, try not to think about what others say, they will always talk regardless of your position or status. . .Change your environment, that is very important. . .Try to hang out with people that have a positive mind and outlook to life, again try and change environment. . . .I wish you all the best. . .
Re: What Is Your View About Sucide by LogicMind: 12:18am On Apr 11, 2012
mazaje:

Knock it off pls. . . .

@ OP

I don't know how you feel but you have to be strong. .Don't think that your problems are worse than those of others. . .Love yourself, have positive thoughts about yourself, try not to think about what others say, they will always talk regardless of your position or status. . .Change your environment, that is very important. . .Try to hang out with people that have a positive mind and outlook to life, again try and change environment. . . .I wish you all the best. . .

why are you preaching? he just told you he no longer wants to kill himself.
medecine after death doctor

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 / Comparison Between Theists And Atheists On Nairaland / A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.