Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,150 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison (11911 Views)

Nigerians Describe This Political Photo In One Word Or More(must sEe) / BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. / Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Callotti: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
McCoy91:
You are a very disgusting person sir, and I really hope you find yourself in that sort of situation sometime. Oshi.

Thank you.
I can NEVER stick out my neck for ANY Nigerian, not even my own family members.
I will not find myself in such a position.
I don't associate with Nigsrians. . . past an Owanmbe gathering. . .ESPECIALLY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. . . .Where most of them have multiple names and double lives! MOST NIGERIANS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES FROM THEIR DRIVERS' LICENSES FROM THEIR CREDIT CARDS! You really never know who they are.

The truth is bitter. . .
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by savanto: 11:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
If you have not travel led to any of the Asian countries, I will advise that you be mindful of your post. Do not post for the sake of hearing your own voice. I have visited most Asian and Arab countries for legit business and it is noteworthy to inform you all that even as a legal immigrant in China, you are faced with a lot of challenges. The Nigerians living in China always try to help one another is if you identify with them. If you have any problem, they come together as a community to proffer solutions without getting themselves into trouble. Note that the ones they front are the ones that have papers and have not over-stayed or be involved in crimes of any kind.

It is not easy living in China. May are in jail for a crime they did not commit. You are denied access to legal counsel. And as a communist society, the lawyer given to you by chinese authorities must not argue your case before the jury. Many Nigerians are languishing in China prisons for misdemeanor offenses. Some of you are saying that d guy should not have suretied someone. That is understandable but if you don't do that, the day you will fall into problem in China, nobody will even come to the station to negotiate your bail. You will be on your own because you do not come out for people when they are in trouble. I tell ya that you cannot survive in communist China on your own wisdom. You need every body around you.
However, there is need to apply wisdom when assisting any one. this is because there is nothing like the rule of law in China. If you over-stay your visit visa with just 2 hours and you are caught, you can be in the same situation of the OP. They mete same treatment to their countrymen how much more an allien
? China is indeed a terrible place to be!
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Callotti: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2012
If you choose to live in places like China. . . knowing they have no laws for 'blacks'. . .that is your business.
You have no business 'over-staying' your welcome ANYWHERE in the world.
LEARN TO OBEY THE LAWS!
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2012
Well what freedom loving individual DECIDES to go and STAY in a communist society like freaking CHINA?!!!
Why go where you're not wanted? If I ABSOLUTELY must live in an asian country, I would choose Japan over freaking china anyday.

I know chinese local people are a rude bunch, and that is why I avoid having anything to do with LIVING in their country.
That's like going to live in North Korea and then bitching that they oppress you and take away your freedoms. undecided

Plus, I'm sure if north korea allowed immigration in it's current state you would find Nigerians there too.
Not everywhere is better than Nigeria. Understand this perfectly.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Callotti: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/nigeria/TBGO83PK278FD1PJ2

The situation Of Nigerians in China
Posted in the Nigeria Forum

Beijing, China

|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#1 Feb 17, 2008
Over the years, Nigerians in China have been suffering untold hardship in the hands of the communist police of China,notwithstanding the deplomatic and trade relations between Nigeria and China.While other smaller african country's citizens are treated fairly one wonders why the citizens from the most populous nation in africa is being treated with levity in China.For example the Chinese authorities has been very considerate in renewin the visas of other african countries with the exception of Nigeria.Other african countries have been getting their resident permit with ease but the case of Nigerians is different.Even when a Nigerian is married to a Chinese Citizens according to the Chinese law the person is still being denied the one year resident permit that the Chinese government give to people in that category rather they will be renewing the person's visa every three months in the case of Nigerian Citizens.One therefore is pushed to ask if the then president Olusegun Obassanjo just signed a bi- lateral relation with Chinese government just to give millions of Chinese citizens free accsess to enter Nigeria so that they help and send our half dead industries to their graves. It is supprising that these Chinese citizens scattered all over Nigeria enjoy their freedom and carry on their businesses without any interference.It is absurd to hear that Nigerians in China do not enjoy any freedom at all and that there are many Nigerians that are being detained by the communist police in an underground cell.It is too bad that while many Nigerians wish to go about their legal businesses that the Chinese communist police are trying their best to frustrate their efforts especially in the commercial city of Guangzhou.The police in the commercial city of Gunagzhou is a carbon copy of Nigerian police in corruption.The difference is that while the Nigerian police collect a pea nut as bribe their Chinese counterpart collect a furtune.Right now in Gunagzhou Nigerians are paying between 10,000 to 13,000 RMB that is 175,000naira to 227,500 naira bribe just to get themselves released as soon they are arrested to avoid being thrown into the underground cell.Even as the Chinese government says that anybody that overstayed should pay a fine of 5000RMB they still cannot not allow Nigerians to pay the fine with ease and go home if they wish to go,rather they will handcuff the person and make him to suffer in the cell and still pay the fine.The wife of a Nigerian who have a resident permit can never claim through her husband's residency, rather if she wish to come to China she will apply and get a one month visiting visa within which she will leave. If not she will be there as illegal allien.Many Nigerian wives are in these category right now.
The most annoying thing is that these Nigerians that are being denied the legal stay in China employ Chinese Citizens in their various offices and shops, where they pay them a huge sum ranging from 2000 to 3000RMB monthly that is 35,000 - 52,500 naira. An amount that most Nigerian graduates are not receiving as minimum wage. I was recently informed that among the multinational companies in Nigeria that Chinese are the least paid workers. It is disheartening that these Chinese will cheat us in their country and rob us of our due at home. In Nigeria Chinese are importers, hawkers, clearing agents even visa vendors. In China, most Nigerians hardly see breathing space to carry out their legitimate businesses. A situation that most Nigerians have been helpless about.
I need a general advice on how to get this problem solved.
Since Nigeria have her own laws, is there any means that we can get Mr Ude the boss of Nigerian immigeration to try and enforce our own laws?
Can we unanimousely in this discussion group write pettition to Mr president about this situation.

Another favorite forum of mine.
This is not news. . .YET NIGERIANS STILL CHOOSE TO LIVE IN PLACES LIKE CHINA.
Serves them right!
If you can't take the heat. . . gerrrout of the damn kitchen.
The reason I got the heck ourra NIGERIA!!!! cool
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by ebecode(m): 12:16am On Apr 10, 2012
The fact is that dis Chinese are even worst than the West anyday.They are so full of hatred for the black man if u've ever worked wit them u'd understand what i'm trying to say.This kind of thing can never happen to u in the West.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/nigeria/TBGO83PK278FD1PJ2

Another favorite forum of mine.
This is not news. . .YET NIGERIANS STILL CHOOSE TO LIVE IN PLACES LIKE CHINA.
Serves them right!
If you can't take the heat. . . gerrrout of the damn kitchen.
The reason I got the heck ourra NIGERIA!!!! cool

@your-obviously-attention-seeking-sig
I'm sure your husband is enjoying this your "fatness" wink
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Callotti: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2012
2buff:

@your-obviously-attention-seeking-sig
I'm sure your husband is enjoying this your "fatness" wink
Glad I got the attention from you.
Marra of fact, he just got off work. . . .
His hands work magic with my fatness.
Hope you are enjoying the view too. . . ? wink

E badu belle and e jolosi peeps dey quench o! cheesy
Especially the UGLY BLACK FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ONES ON AND OFF NL. wink
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti:
Glad I got the attention from you.
Marra of fact, he just got of work. . . .
His hands work magic with my fatness.
Hope you are enjoying the view too. . . wink

E badu belle and e jolosi peeps dey quench o! cheesy
Especially the UGLY BLACK FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ONES ON AND OFF NL. wink

No mind dem grin grin grin
I dey follow your hubby gbadun the view, but from a safe distance. wink

Keep doing your thing beautiful grin

(you wouldn't happen to be MRS Chima woud you?)
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 10, 2012
@OP
your own is just the same as what the UNITED STATES did in Guantanamo, detaining people for YEARS for absolutely no reason (thats if you were innocent, of course!), so count your blessing that you are alive.

btw: i hope you learned your lesson in never trusting strangers with such issues. lol
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by ektbear: 3:20am On Apr 10, 2012
Don't put yourself up as surety for anyone unless it is a member of your immediate family undecided

I dunno what else to say...

Even my family, I will think hard and only commit what I can afford to lose if they fail to do their part. Talk less of a stranger..
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by strangerf: 4:49am On Apr 10, 2012
As I type, I am in a Chinese prison. Honestly, I'd rather be here than be in Nigeria a free man,
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by dynamite2012: 5:07am On Apr 10, 2012
For all the talk about China being the next super-power, it is still a developing country with a civil rights record that's worse than most African countries, even Nigeria. The jailed Nigerians should thank their stars that their organs weren't harvested for sale on the black market (please, go google the treatment of Falun Gong members in China). Enlightened Nigerians know to only go there for brief, necessary business visits (and only if they can't avoid it). If you can avoid China, please avoid it like a plague. If they treat their own citizens worse than dogs, be assured that they will treat you worse than a cockroach and they are no respecter of university degrees or fine English. It doesn't help that the Chinese are racist animals; their own even worse pass white oh!

I learned my lesson the hard way. I spent a few days in China as part of a school trip three years ago and absolutely HATED the rude stares/pokes and outright hostility at the airports. It's like they were determined to find drugs in my carry-on. They scattered by belongings all over the floor at every single airport I passed through (even before boarding a LOCAL flight from Shanghai to Xian and again at Xian on my way to Beijing). It was so embarrassing because they left my white American and Latin American classmates unmolested (they never even stopped my classmate with a Colombian passport!!!!!). I was ALWAYS the one held back for rude interrogations and violent bag checks; my classmates had to wait for me every time we went through an airport. I just didn't understand it. Did they really think a grad student at an Ivy League university flew all the way to China from the U.S. to transport drugs between Chinese cities?! Did they think that I, a skinny, tweed-jacket wearing, thick-glasses-wearing confirmed nerd was a drug-smuggling thug? It felt like a deliberate campaign of hostility and harassment either because of my racial phenotype or because of my Nigerian passport.

I am just grateful that I made it out of that country and hopefully, I'll never have to return again. In fact, as I type this, I am having flash backs and I pray to God Almighty that I never have to return to that country. There are too many countries in the world that are open and welcoming of my tourist dollars for me to go through the harassment again. There's nothing much to see in that country anyway (spectacular as they are, the Great Wall and the terracotta warriors are just not worth all the hassle).
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by ektbear: 5:32am On Apr 10, 2012
Sorry about that man.

But yeah, when some Nigerians say effectively, "Let's stop doing business with the West and focus on China", I am not sure that they realize what they are getting into.

From the frying pan into the fire, basically...if we think that Western exploitation is/was bad, we should only wait until we experience the Chinese version cheesy undecided
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by thoth: 6:23am On Apr 10, 2012
I have also spent 4 months in Qingdao number 2 prison.
If nigerians are wise this alone is enough to cause a revolution.
Imagine trying to call your family and stupid embassy(most useless and stupid in the whole world) can't put you through. We had two nigerians in our block for visa overstay and the way their embassy treated them was so embarrasing that i felt like crying for my country.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Dyamante(f): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2012
Surely what are people going to do in China,they are racis t towards anyone who is not of their origin.. And the second guy's story does not add up.. He must have been involved in some illegal business
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Dyamante(f): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2012
knowledge4: IT IS A RISK TO STAND SURETY FOR ANYONE.
BEFORE YOU DO SO, UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS BEFORE YOU COMMIT YOURSELF.
DO NOT EVER DO IT BLINDLY FOR ANYONE,EVEN YOUR BLOOD BROTHER.
I agree with you,i dont think many people understand the magnitude of being a surety for someone else.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2012
thoth: I have also spent 4 months in Qingdao number 2 prison.
If nigerians are wise this alone is enough to cause a revolution.
Imagine trying to call your family and stupid embassy(most useless and stupid in the whole world) can't put you through. We had two nigerians in our block for visa overstay and the way their embassy treated them was so embarrasing that i felt like crying for my country.

what do you mean by revolution? How about you just stay away from China?
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by kwajahafiz(m): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2012
There are chinesse in Nigerian Jails too.
I personally know of two that served three yrs each.
One of them for killing his Nigerian maid during
an argument. Other one for importing and distributing
flagged and contrabanded items.

It will be intresting to find out from these two
how they found the conditions in Kirikiri.
There is a good chance they were treated like oyinbos,
and getting the gloved treatment.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by kwajahafiz(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2012
Totally in agreement

dynamite2012: For all the talk about China being the next super-power, it is still a developing country with a civil rights record that's worse than most African countries, even Nigeria. The jailed Nigerians should thank their stars that their organs weren't harvested for sale on the black market (please, go google the treatment of Falun Gong members in China). Enlightened Nigerians know to only go there for brief, necessary business visits (and only if they can't avoid it). If you can avoid China, please avoid it like a plague. If they treat their own citizens worse than dogs, be assured that they will treat you worse than a cockroach and they are no respecter of university degrees or fine English. It doesn't help that the Chinese are racist animals; their own even worse pass white oh!

I learned my lesson the hard way. I spent a few days in China as part of a school trip three years ago and absolutely HATED the rude stares/pokes and outright hostility at the airports. It's like they were determined to find drugs in my carry-on. They scattered by belongings all over the floor at every single airport I passed through (even before boarding a LOCAL flight from Shanghai to Xian and again at Xian on my way to Beijing). It was so embarrassing because they left my white American and Latin American classmates unmolested (they never even stopped my classmate with a Colombian passport!!!!!). I was ALWAYS the one held back for rude interrogations and violent bag checks; my classmates had to wait for me every time we went through an airport. I just didn't understand it. Did they really think a grad student at an Ivy League university flew all the way to China from the U.S. to transport drugs between Chinese cities?! Did they think that I, a skinny, tweed-jacket wearing, thick-glasses-wearing confirmed nerd was a drug-smuggling thug? It felt like a deliberate campaign of hostility and harassment either because of my racial phenotype or because of my Nigerian passport.

I am just grateful that I made it out of that country and hopefully, I'll never have to return again. In fact, as I type this, I am having flash backs and I pray to God Almighty that I never have to return to that country. There are too many countries in the world that are open and welcoming of my tourist dollars for me to go through the harassment again. There's nothing much to see in that country anyway (spectacular as they are, the Great Wall and the terracotta warriors are just not worth all the hassle).
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by antartica(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2012
England is the most tolerant country in world,more tolerant than nigeria and the only country i can live in apart from daring nigerian madness sometime and someday.

Chinese civilization has always been the same,crude,brutal and one sided.There mind is never developed enough for tolerance and that is not being civilized.

Being civilized does not just end on inventing things,building structures and what have you.Being civilized is about compassion,it is about the ability to feel others pain and live in harmony with nature.That is why pre-colonial africa to a great extent was a civilized society.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2012
2buff:

what do you mean by revolution? How about you just stay away from China?

well said!!

OR they should stay away from CRIMINAL LIFESTYLE!!!!
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by strangerf: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

well said!!

OR they should stay away from CRIMINAL LIFESTYLE!!!!

Thats not going to be easy . . . you know, you cant separate Ibos from crime.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2012
strangerf:

Thats not going to be easy . . . you know, you cant separate Ibos from crime.

i guess just as much as you cant separate STOOPID people from tribalism.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Ikeobinna(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2012
The stories of these guys are torching but knowing how nigerian behave, l take it with a modicrum of truth.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Aringarosa(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Is there any country in the world where Nigerians are not in prison? #just asking.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by BUSHMAN1: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
if you are going to travell to any country if it is not the UK,AMERICA, AUSTRALIA,or CANADA, then you berra stay i NAIJA
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Havilah93(m): 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
I wonder why Nigerians break the law wherever they go. And btw, what were they looking for?, greener pastures? in china? of all lands? sad....anyway story reminds me of jack bauer's ordeal in chinese prison.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by olayinka1987: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
McCoy91:
You are a very disgusting person sir, and I really hope you find yourself in that sort of situation sometime. Oshi.

Sir? It's a woman. A mentally disturbed one at that. She South African or sometimes she's Igbo. it depends on how insecure she feels on the day. Don't waste your time on negative people wink. Especially over the internet.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by olayinka1987: 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti:

Thank you.
I can NEVER stick out my neck for ANY Nigerian, not even my own family members.
I will not find myself in such a position.
I don't associate with Nigsrians. . . past an Owanmbe gathering. . .ESPECIALLY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. . . .Where most of them have multiple names and double lives! MOST NIGERIANS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES FROM THEIR DRIVERS' LICENSES FROM THEIR CREDIT CARDS! You really never know who they are.

The truth is bitter. . .

If you didn't associate with Nigerians you wouldn't be here. You are a fraud. You're a South African that has posed as Igbo in other threads. South Africans are aids infested weasels that have ridden the backs of White people to everything they have.

You're a disgrace too your people.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2012
olayinka1987:

If you didn't associate with Nigerians you wouldn't be here. You are a fraud. You're a South African that has posed as Igbo in other threads. South Africans are aids infested weasels that have ridden the backs of White people to everything they have.

You're a disgrace too your people.

And you just haven't gotten out enough to know that you have to be careful when dealing with Nigerians anywhere in the world.
She and I seem to have the same approach. This is also a very mindful caution to adhere to if you ever found yourself in Toronto, Canada.
Re: Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison by olayinka1987: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
2buff:

And you just haven't gotten out enough to know that you have to be careful when dealing with Nigerians anywhere in the world.
She and I seem to have the same approach. This is also a very mindful caution to adhere to if you ever found yourself in Toronto, Canada.

I live in England currently. I've "gotten out" more than you could dream of. I'm good. I've never been quizzed. I've never been arrested. I've never been in trouble. Just like the majority of Nigerians in every country we set foot in. We work hard and make things happen. Nigerians always do well in school wherever we go. Especially in the U.S and Britain. I can't say the same for other African countries smiley.

It's always Africans from other countries that cry and hate on Nigeria because deep down they're insecure. What are South Africans doing on a Nigerian site? Do I as a Nigerian have time to be on some South African site? No.

That's all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads / Senate Shifts Ministerial Screening To October 27 / President Buhari Appoints Abike Dabiri As Chairman Of The National Diaspora Comm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.