Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,313 members, 7,920,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:27 PM

Oceanic Bank In Trouble? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oceanic Bank In Trouble? (1727 Views)

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by JustJoe: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2007
I want to use this medium to ask if any nairalander has heard anything about Oceanic Bank being in trouble. By in trouble I mean if they have any problems with the CBN or any other problem that might affect customers. Someone in Benin City seems to be cooking up rumors about the bank having some problems. I dont mean to spread the news but I just seek to be clarified. Thanks.
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by walcolm(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2007
not sure they have any problem but i did see in the news on friday afternoon that some people were withdrawing in panic because of the rumor u mentioned. i'm in warri n not sure which channel i was watching when i saw it

considering the new size of the bank, i think it's a baseless rumor shocked
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by chrisibu(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2007
I just hope this is not true. In fact, I am going to withdraw all my money immediately.
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by nenah(f): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2007
Yes I think is true that oceanic bank is in trouble! I have a friend who deposited the sum of 1ook in her account only to go back the next week to meet an empty balance. when she lodged her complain, she learned that, there was this nysc guy doin his service with the bank that helped himself with some peoles money. This guy I learnt transfered more than 5million into his account and he did it in such a way that no body suspected what he was doing until when people started complaining. That was how the bank got to know what was happening. This happened more than 4 months ago and uptil now she has not gotten her money back.
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by Purist(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2007
You guys should please be specific about the branch you're talking about. Apparently, all Oceanic bank branches cannot be "in trouble", considering the fact that they have even almost completed the new branch they're building in my area. I bank with them, don't gve me a heart attack please!
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by kingzy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2007
This is serious. That incidence had happened at Intercontinental bank, Nnewi. SO Plz bankers on this forum becareful the kind of sensitive positions u give to corpers. Thou that alone can never affect a bank of oceanic standard.
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by coollove: 7:02am On Nov 06, 2007
Nobody should worry about oceanic bank. all that are just propaganda. for now oceanic bank is the biggest bank in nigeria in trems of asset base. Oceanic bank is too ok, its a good bank to be trusted.

This is posted by one of the AGMs as regards to the propaganda

It is very easy for your peers or competitors to paint you black more so when they never gave you a chance and when they can not comprehend that you can ever make it to the TOP. Oceanic Bank International Plc has been a force to be reckoned with in the industry in the last 5 – 7 years. From Top 15 in 2000, to top 5 in 2006 Now Number 1 in the land.

How do you expect those peers of ours that never gave us a chance comprehend this situation? It is totally unbelievable in the eyes of the human but with God Almighty, nothing is impossible. Oceanic Bank International Plc is a living testimony of corporate upliftment with high morale and dedication to growth in line with the growth aspiration of our country.

Oceanic Bank is living up to its statements of “Building a Stronger Nigeria”. No bank except Oceanic Bank is bold to make such statement. Not even banks that are being managed by men. Afterall, it is often said that what a man can do, a woman can do better. Dr.(Mrs) C A O Ibru is a replica of this saying.

As female MD/CEO, of a leading bank in Nigeria, with various awards which include:-

§ Africa Banker of the Year above all banks’ MD/CEOs in AFRICA - 2007

§ Africa Business Woman of the Year - 2006

§ Best Bank of the Year, Financial Times, London 2006. Who says Oceanic Bank cannot win this award back-to-back? Please stay tuned.

§ Top 5 CEO in Nigeria 2007, PricewaterhouseCoopers

§ The Bank with the largest Shareholders’ Funds.

§ The Investors Delights at all times, always surpassing shareholders’ expectations.

…, and much more.
Re: Oceanic Bank In Trouble? by illusion2: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2007
coollove:

As female MD/CEO, of a leading bank in Nigeria, with various awards which include:-

§ Africa Banker of the Year above all banks’ MD/CEOs in AFRICA - 2007

§ Africa Business Woman of the Year - 2006

§ Best Bank of the Year, Financial Times, London 2006. Who says Oceanic Bank cannot win this award back-to-back? Please stay tuned.

§ Top 5 CEO in Nigeria 2007, PricewaterhouseCoopers

§ The Bank with the largest Shareholders’ Funds.

§ The Investors Delights at all times, always surpassing shareholders’ expectations.

…, and much more.

This honestly doesn't tell us much.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Silver Nitrate / I've Got $5000 To Invest / Mike Adenuga Vs Aliko Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.