Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,938 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:09 AM

Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know (1677 Views)

Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know by olulai: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hi fellow NLanders,
This is my first post about this topic.
I have read a few posts about the topic on here aswell.
I intend to start this business in Nigeria and i will be starting out with one or maybe two trucks (From Europe).
My question is, what sort of truck / trailer / tipper should I invest in, what are the common ones used in Nigeria, how much do you stand to gain (per month)doing this business, what costs / expenses should be put in mind, and what opportunities are out there?.
I am not greedy if I'm being honest but we all know the main aim of any business is profit.
I have read previous posts and I understand the importance of having a good driver / mechanic if you intend going private or handing it straight over to companies who maintain your trucks and pay you an agreed fee monthly.
Bottom line is, Is this business still viable in Nigeria?

NB: No point leaving unnecessary lengthy paragraphs if you are trying to market something else. Straight-to-the-point posts please. We are all trying to learn.
Re: Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know by doyin68: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hi, this is also my first interaction on this platform. if u don't mind getting in touch on my phone so that we can talk.there are a lot of alternatives to that business. thanks--doyin-08023426801, 07065618975
Re: Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know by TokyoBulls(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
olulai: Hi fellow NLanders,
This is my first post about this topic.
I have read a few posts about the topic on here aswell.
I intend to start this business in Nigeria and i will be starting out with one or maybe two trucks (From Europe).
My question is, what sort of truck / trailer / tipper should I invest in, what are the common ones used in Nigeria, how much do you stand to gain (per month)doing this business, what costs / expenses should be put in mind, and what opportunities are out there?.
I am not greedy if I'm being honest but we all know the main aim of any business is profit.
I have read previous posts and I understand the importance of having a good driver / mechanic if you intend going private or handing it straight over to companies who maintain your trucks and pay you an agreed fee monthly.
Bottom line is, Is this business still viable in Nigeria?

NB: No point leaving unnecessary lengthy paragraphs if you are trying to market something else. Straight-to-the-point posts please. We are all trying to learn.

I'm currently into haulage and logistics (with some few years of experience) and learning as much as possible is my focus now. I'm already following the post. Now to your questions. There are several options you have as haulage in Nigeria is massive and presents a lot of opportunities. You can have trucks/trailers for dry goods for manufacturing companies. On this, you can register directly if you have the required number of trucks or work with one of their registered hauliers who will usually collect 10% of gross revenue. You can also use flat beds to carry containers for importers as well as companies who need your services. You can use tippers/dump trucks for granite, sand, etc.

Most of your questions can be addressed if one has some understanding of the type of haulage business you want to do.
Re: Haulage Business In Nigeria (new 2012)- Essentials You Need To Know by tobiloba82: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Yes, you need to learn very well before you can lay your hands on the business. but the consistency is there once you grab it fully.

(1) (Reply)

I Need This Insecticides. Who Can Supply? / Union Homes Continued Closure. / How Can I Verify My US Paypal Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.