Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

What A Lovely President Nigeria Have - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Lovely President Nigeria Have (891 Views)

An Open Letter To My Lovely President, Buhari / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by atiku07(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2007
this is lovely atleast better than that agbada (flowing gown) wearing type this shows his high level of exposure in the international scene

Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by Seun(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2007
You're talking like someone who hates Nigerian culture. GW Bush wears suits and he's still the worst US president ever.
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by McKren(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2007
Robert Mugabe wears suits as well

While I like the fact that at least he looks smarter than ever on this ocassion, it amounts to nothing what he wears whether suit or agbada.

No be suit or agbada Nigerians go chop, he should be more serious than that.
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2007
which one is the dude??
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by atiku07(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2007
Kobojunkie:

which one is the dude??
THE SECOND MAN FROM THE LEFT
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by follyg: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2007
suit or agbada does not make a man, rather what he got to offer.
Afterall na one man tie wrapper for there, does that make him not acceptable internstionally.
Indian men go about with there gele anywhere, the arabian sheikhs go about in their regalia so try to appreciate your very own culture, and not just hating unreasonably
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by folahann(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
That our culture, let them wear anything they feel like.
Suit is not meant for Africans
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by fyi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
C'mon guys, u have to give it to the man. Yar'adua really looks 9ce in the pix and presents naija in a very different light,
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by mellow(m): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2007
My respect for the guy grows every day
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by Legendary(m): 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
You make laugh grin. So its about dressing now abi na dress go give us light, repair our roads, bring sanity to the niger delta, spur development to mention a few on the very long to-do-list.

Abegi make we hear word jo!!
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by atiku07(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2007
Legendary:

You make laugh grin. So its about dressing now abi na dress go give us light, repair our roads, bring sanity to the niger delta, spur development to mention a few on the very long to-do-list.

Abegi make we hear word jo!!

u better shut your mouth those problems u mentioned has long being in existence before yaradua, moreover u never knew what he went there for maybe it is just for economic purpose of partying purpose u just open urmouth like aligator vommitting all sorts

what we are saying here is that he looks nice abi u want him to write it allover his body that nigeria is having huge probs. where ever he goes

dumb repy  angry angry
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by ojimboIV: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2007
handbags!!!

YA looks like any other dude in suit. don't know if he's got the image and persona to go with it though.
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by folem: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2007
folahann:

That our culture, let them wear anything they feel like.
Suit is not meant for Africans

Are you really sure?

I thought Agbada/Babariga wearing is Arabic culture that africans copied after conversion to Islam.

Did you ever see or read about  the ancient  Pharaoh's in Babariga/Agbada or any other ruler of the ancient African Empires in such dress before the advent of Islam.
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by IykeD1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
How about an A for effort? Hopefully, next time the aides will make sure
that he wears a dark suit and it is buttoned before he steps out into the public.

That will love our culture doesn't mean we should be ignorant of everything else
around us. The Western suit is THE most accepted formal clothing item for men
around the world (last time I checked, Nigeria is still a part of the world). One can
be an African leader and still wear a good suit.

I think the first lady looks great! - a little chest ain't kill no body. If the husband
is comfortable with it, who the hell is any of us to question the role of religion
and how she should dress? I believe they are both more than competent to make
that decision.

It is refreshing to see a Nigerian president with a suit - and not that "outfit" that
simply looks out of place in a sea of suits at events overseas. Maybe, just maybe
lets hope a smarter appearance will lead to a smarter governance.
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by angel101(f): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2007
I dey roll 4 ground with laughter
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by Legendary(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
Where did this atiku07 spring out from? If you can't discuss maturely without having to get personal, then shame on you. Are you the only person on this thread that you have to unleash to that unbridled tongue of yours?

Abegi grow up!!!
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by folahann(m): 12:23am On Nov 06, 2007
I maen no matter what they wear, we don't care
Re: What A Lovely President Nigeria Have by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 06, 2007
i think the President has been touring Nairaland cheesy
You guys have complained about him wearing babariga grin

(1) (Reply)

Danfo Drivers;a Menace To Our Society / David Mark Stops Ex-dig From Naming ‘419’ Lawmakers / Why Is It That Northerners Hate Southerners In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.