Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,693 members, 7,879,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

991 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 991 (1465 Views)

991 / 991 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

991 by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2012
Re: 991 by ifyalways(f): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2012
Did you check your mirror before stepping out?fly in position,no red eye,no debris of agege ati ewa agoyin by the corner of lips,no funny raggamufin hair style?

I too wud not just ignore but wud also increase my pace when accosted by a erhm "semi crazie or not-such-a-pleasant-sight"kind of man.

Well,if any of the above does not apply to you sire,don't blame the gal,no one wants to get raped,abused,mugged or killed just for trying to be a Nigerian-Samarithan woman.Stories we hear are so discouraging.

Dear friend,when next you miss your way simply call your destination contact for directions. . .assuming you DO have a destination.
Re: 991 by maclatunji: 9:28am On Apr 11, 2012
ifyalways: Did you check your mirror before stepping out?fly in position,no red eye,no debris of agege ati ewa agoyin by the corner of lips,no funny raggamufin hair style?

I too wud not just ignore but wud also increase my pace when accosted by a erhm "semi crazie or not-such-a-pleasant-sight"kind of man.

Well,if any of the above does not apply to you sire,don't blame the gal,no one wants to get raped,abused,mugged or killed just for trying to be a Nigerian-Samarithan woman.Stories we hear are so discouraging.

Dear friend,when next you miss your way simply call your destination contact for directions. . .assuming you DO have a destination.

Kai, you just dey take style bash the brother. OP, take it on the chin and move on.
Re: 991 by EfemenaXY: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2012
ifyalways: Did you check your mirror before stepping out?fly in position,no red eye,no debris of agege ati ewa agoyin by the corner of lips,no funny raggamufin hair style?

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!! grin grin grin grin

@Poster, jokes aside, most girls are brought up esp. in Nigeria to always be on the alert to the different "ploys" used by guys to try and "toast" them whilst pretending to ask for directions.

Your intentions may well have been innocent but then again, I would teach my daughter to be cautious and walk on by.

Not helpful I know, but that's just the way it is o! Sorry...
Re: 991 by khukhi(f): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
^^^ true that undecided
Re: 991 by khukhi(f): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
You have no idea how annoying it is to be minding your own business and then have some looser trying to chat you up on the street. That's what happens in most cases, and if you appear representable then you will not be referred to as a looser, however on the street the crappiest guys approach the kind of women they shouldn't even be looking at. Its an offense to be hit on by certain men.

In any case what my male friends did the other day when we were looking for directions is to say to the girl: " hey I'm not trying to ask you out I just want directions", and the girl cooperated . So that's what you need to do too. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: 991 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
khukhi:
Its an offense to be hit on by certain men.

Damn that is just too mean and funny. LOL

@POSTER, TO BE HONEST, I TOO GIVE THAT ARROGANT LOOK BUT i ALWAYS STOP TO LISTEN, CUZ YOU MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT THE PERSON MAY SAY. Some guys are not even looking for a date, some of them maybe lost like in your case and some just want to ask innocent questions.

nO MATTER HOW THE PERSON LOOK, i ALWAYS STOP TO LISTEN BUT YEA I GIVE OUT THAT LOOK OF "DO NOT EVEN GO THERE" Funny enough I have had men stopped me and have nothing to say. They literally go dumb cuz of the rude/arrogant look I give them. LOL Like Khukhi said you can't blame us lol some of us are way too busy, have too much to worry about, in a hurry, and just not interested esp talking to a stranger.
Re: 991 by Claus(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Naija girls' anthem.

"Say it loud!
I'm a Naija girl, I'm rude and I'm proud!"
Re: 991 by Wislet(f): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
hehehehehehehehehe
Re: 991 by minute(f): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
Incorrect social behaviour towards men . . . .

A lot of random strangers think it's their right to strike up a conversation with any girl they see.

Girls get tired of this pretty quickly. Your "hello" is probably innocent-but lots of guys aren't. . .

and any pretty girl knows- in some situations- if you so much as make eye contact with a random stranger

guy- you're likely to be followed- or worse.

So don't take it personally.
Re: 991 by tpia5: 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: 991 by tpia5: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
and why must nl always be filled with s.tupid questions, people asking s,tupid questions, people trying to push their weird and demented mindsets/lifestyles on others, etc etc.

gosh, this rubbish is very annoying and speaks volumes about a certain person or persons. undecided
Re: 991 by Claus(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
On a serious note. Poster, next time you need directions, just ask another guy or someone who isn't a pretty (or even ordinary looking) young lady. Unless of course you're tall dark and handsome and you've just stepped out of a state of the art Benz, BMW, Audi etc (you get the picture).
In that case you can ask a pretty young lady and she may even offer to take you to the place.
Re: 991 by ronkebp(f): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
Eeeeyah too bad, it is just a cultural thing and the way people have been raised up. No be their fault.
Re: 991 by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
Na so Naija girls be

Unlike other nationals
Re: 991 by tpia5: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: 991 by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
Other nationals include other African countries

Even countries thats unsafe like Nigeria
Re: 991 by ronkebp(f): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
dayokanu: Na so Naija girls be

Unlike other nationals

it is just the way our mothers' have brought us up.
Re: 991 by tpia5: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
by the same poster

Is It A Crime To Impregnate A Woman Out Of Wedlock?

https://www.nairaland.com/889036/it-crime-impregnate-woman-out
Re: 991 by coogar: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
991: I have noticed this incorrect social behaviour of young women towards men. When you stop a girl to ask her maybe the name of a street or the house No. you are looking for, she would first look at you from head to toe then walk away snobbishly, and some of them wouldn’t even give you attention. Just yesterday I was lost in a strange location and I tried asking passers-by to give me direction to my destination, I got the worst snub of my life-time just for asking for help.
The first person I saw was a girl in her late 20s I said ‘hello excuse me’ she just glanced at me and walked away, so embarrassing and I wonder why they have this rude behaviour towards men?

blame the culture/system. naija babes are easily the most poorly-trained female adolescents in the world.
they have been trained to run from men as a man's touch is enough to get them pregnant. so what do you
expect these babes to do when approached by men? it's their way of life. the only time a naija babe would
readily give you audience is when you appear "rich" and there's something to be taken from you.
Re: 991 by tpia5: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: 991 by tpia5: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: 991 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
OP,
I suggest if you need directions to where you are going-Ask any man/boy around.
Saves you embarrassment from stuck up females,with over sized egos.
Re: 991 by coogar: 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
tpia@:

and when they get pregnant out of wedlock, or have abortions/stds etc before marriage, who heaps all the shame, guilt and malice on them?

the same mothers who fail to train them properly. why not tell them the truth?
babe - don't have indiscriminate sex. . . .if you must do, use condoms.
criminalizing it is the reason young females get pregnant anyhow. young people are often attracted to forbidden things.

the same johnbulls who walk around randomly looking for silly girls who will answer their 419 questions.

so who am i supposed to ask questions? an educated man would always be attracted to a girl who looks educated.
it's not illegal to ask harmless questions. don't write your own constitution.

is there any street which has only young girls walking on it? Why must the girls be the ones responding to armed robbers and boko haramists looking for directions? There's nobody else there who can answer questions?

why mustn't they? aren't they part of the society at large?
do you want us males to consider women as animals? grin cheesy grin
Re: 991 by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
Let us not turn this thread into a battle ground.
Re: 991 by knowledge4(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
When i need to ask for direction,i look for males or elderly women to ask,not young ladies!
Re: 991 by tpia5: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
so, from what I'm seeing on the thread, the general consensus is:

1. it's ok for young women/women to randomly chat with strangers they meet outside. Since non-Nigerian women commonly do this, it is wrong for Nigerian women to not do the same.

2. The op and his cohorts are free to attack females- there's nothing strange about his singling out women to attack, since he obviously couldnt ask anyone else for directions, besides women he "considered attractive" undecided undecided undecided.

3. there's really no point in me arguing here and especially not with this darn interface for goodness sake. Knock yourselves out- e no concern me who anyone decides to chat or not chat with. Or when or where. How exactly is it my business?

so, I'm out.
Re: 991 by Johndoe100(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2012
Sorry to ask this, but the girls/women being asked for directions are on the road ON FOOT? I mean these are foot level females? So why are some complaining, ok I get it, the guys to are on foot. I was wondering why would any of these poor azz biatches not be happy to talk to some one in an airconditioned ride. You may not believe this but when I roll up on one of these biatches in my kompressor, they actually smile at me. This always makes me laugh.

(1) (Reply)

15 Worst Reactions To Pregnancy Announcements / funny street names i grew up with. / Join Illuminati Secret Society In Any Part In Nigeria!call_08147531582

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.