Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,191 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview (1807 Views)

Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man / What Not To Say In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by JayCee2010: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hi people.
After a job interview (that went relatively well, in your opinion) job seekers have to wait for several weeks before hearing from the prospective employers. Infact some employers never get back to you.

Is it right/reasonable to contact the employers to know your status with regard to that job? Or should one just be patient and wait indefinitely.

I'm thinking a call or email expressing continued intrest in the position is appropriate after some weeks from the interview; but knowing Nigerian Employers, they might interprete as being "Pesky"!

What do you think? The wait can be very exhausting!
Re: Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by tanimola22: 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
JayCee2010: Hi people.
After a job interview (that went relatively well, in your opinion) job seekers have to wait for several weeks before hearing from the prospective employers. Infact some employers never get back to you.

Is it right/reasonable to contact the employers to know your status with regard to that job? Or should one just be patient and wait indefinitely.

I'm thinking a call or email expressing continued intrest in the position is appropriate after some weeks from the interview; but knowing Nigerian Employers, they might interprete as being "Pesky"!

What do you think? The wait can be very exhausting!

I have learned to assume that my interviews never went well. It is not about my opinion, but the opinion that interviewers have of me.

If they really found me exceptional, they would make me an offer on the spot or contact me for the next interview within few days.

I would give them a call, or send them an email, if I have waited for more than 4 weeks with no response from them.

T22
Re: Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by Jarus(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
I just changed job. Interestingly, while undergoing the recruitment process, the gap between between the first interview(their recruitment consultant) and the second/final interview(by the company itself) was about 5 months.
Re: Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by Jarus(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2012
It may be right.

As an experience hire, I did. But I needed to strike balance so as not to appear too desperate which can affect one's negotiation.
Re: Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by yamakuza: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jarus: I just changed job. Interestingly, while undergoing the recruitment process, the gap between between the first interview(their recruitment consultant) and the second/final interview(by the company itself) was about 5 months.

hmmn. Congrats!
Re: Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview by Jarus(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
Thanks bros

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Seat When Going Out With Your Boss? / Nigerian Guardian Newspaper Tuesday October 9 2007 Job Vacancies / LASU Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.