Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,405 members, 7,911,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47401 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Gentle4lyf: 10:02am On May 07, 2012
Yea, yea, yea.... Malachi 3:10! But i really wonder how many people have taken time to read through the whole chapter and answer the pertinent questions of "WHO WAS SPEAKING and TO WHOM?".... If you answer those questions, you would know who God was talking to.

Secondly, to think that the MERE fact Jesus paid tithe is enough reason for everyone on earth to pay tithe is indeed funny and wrong... It should be noted that Christ was born under and into the Law...and THE NEW TESTAMENT WHICH IS A BETTER CONVENANT DID NOT COME INTO FORCE UNTIL AFTER THE DEATH OF CHRIST (SEE HEBREWS 9:16 and 17)... For a testament only comes to force after the death of the testator. It is worthy of note that tithing as a law waz never practiced in the New Testament Church, The Church of Christ! And that church started in Acts Chapter 2! Christians are encouraged to give generously as they are prospered... For further study read Hebrews 7:5-12
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2012
Anger and impatience, can a man hide fire under his clothes? Nuclear, you have bigger issues than tithes, i tell you as a brother. Don't just always allow the muddy waters to settle, you need to take the mud out of the way by His grace/cross.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:20am On May 07, 2012
BERNIMOORE: [b]@ pd piper pippen,
you claimed in your comment that;

pls dont muddle things up here sir, the forum is being observed by many, Malachi 3's quote on tithe;

Malachi 3:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

pls answer these questions in the bible verses that you cited,

1, 'tithes into the storehouse', sir,.............. is the church 'the storehouse'?
2, 'there may be meat in mine house' ......... again 'how did meat turned to cash payment'? pls kindly explain.
3, Are christians 'concerned with these 'command' expecially the words used like 'meat' and 'storehouse, when there was 'currency at that time called 'denarii' et all, so, explain these questions from malachi which happens to be the last book of the 'old testament' sincerely so that we can learn,thanks.

[/b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:23am On May 07, 2012
What are u saying, the wore robes then why don't u do same today, they rode donkeys at least jesus did as an ardent follower of jesus y nt go get a donkey, that the store house refers to the church is obvious and to contend that meat shld take the place of cash(tithe) is laughable, pls!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:27am On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:

And where did the bible made pastors a priest? I guess you are joking. Am not getting into unfruitful discussion with you please.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:33am On May 07, 2012
Young man when u are ignorant why not admit u don't know rather than cme on a public forum to expose urself, jesus abolished tje levitical priesthood and in itsplace establishe ministry offices, whose equivalent in the bible is the office of the pastor.jesus ws a priest according to d order of melchizedech, hving abolished that priest hood he says I am d good sheperd, pastor is english wrd for greek sherperd.stop xposing ur ignorance pls!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:36am On May 07, 2012
Goshen360: ^
We have discussed the pre-law tithe here but it seems you didn't even read this thread from the beginning. You only contribute from where the thread was posted to the front/home page. Please, kindly go through the whole thread and do yourself good by seeing different things said about the pre-law tithe. Thank you sir.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by solasola(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2012
[b][size=20pt]WHO SAID THE TITHES ARE NOT FORCED ON PEOPLE. LET ME GIVE YOU FACTS,IF YOU LIKE, TURN A BLIND EYE TO IT:

IN SOME CHURCHES,

THEY HAVE A REGISTER FOR TITHE PAYMENT

WHEN YOU DIE, THEY WILL CALCULATE ALL THE SO-TITHE DEBTS OF THE DECEASED AND REQUEST FOR ITS PAYMENT BEFORE THEY DO BURIAL PROGRAM OR ELSE NOTIN GO HAPPEN

IF YOU WORK FOR SOME RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION(THEIR SO-CALLED BUSINESS UNIVERSITIES..)ONE-TENTH OF YOUR SALARY IS DEDUCTED UP-FRONT

THEY EVEN MAKE SUGGESTIVE STATEMENTS LIKE:

IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE, IT WOULD BE TIGHT FOR YOU

RAISE YOUR OFFERING UP(WHEN YOU LOOK BESIDE AND SEE N500,SHE YOU NO GO DROP N20 AND BRING SOMETHING HIGHER?)

HAVE YOUR CHURCH EVER READ THE CHURCH ACCOUNT?

CAN AN AVERAGE WORKER AFFORD A PRIVATE JET? OR EVEN THE LATEST BRAND NEW CARS?

YET THE CHURCHES ARE FILLED WITH POOR ONES THAT THEY DO NOT HELP.

NOW QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELVES:

WHAT HAPPENED TO VOLUNTARY DONATIONS AS DONE BY THE FIRST CENTURY CHRISTIANS?
IF ONE OF THE GREATEST APOSTLE(PAUL)COULD DO WORK WITH HIS HANDS TO ASSISTS HIMSELF WRITE 13 SCRIPTURES, ABA THESE PEOPLE THEY REALLY FOOL UNA OH

OWO ALATA, OWO ONIYO[/size][/b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by solasola(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2012
[size=30pt]FELA SAID IT ALL, POPE NA ENJOYMENT, IMAM NA GBALADUN,PASTORS HOUSE NA HIM FINE PASS........[/size][size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 10:42am On May 07, 2012
Young man if u really understand pre tithe issues then this whole thread wld be uneccesary, I wrote in response to the issue of tithe posted on front page, plsss tithe ws nt originated by the old testament law, and therefore the abolishment of d old testament does nt affect tithes, the principles of tithe we follow today are such as enunciated by abraham and nt the old testament law, I shudder to watch as the collective ignaorance of both you and ur supporters frog leap on rampage. Pls u guys shld all shut up, go anf learn more, u are all ignoramuses! Sori! No offence meant!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by solasola(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2012
pd piper pippen: Young man if u really understand pre tithe issues then this whole thread wld be uneccesary, I wrote in response to the issue of tithe posted on front page, plsss tithe ws nt originated by the old testament law, and therefore the abolishment of d old testament does nt affect tithes, the principles of tithe we follow today are such as enunciated by abraham and nt the old testament law, I shudder to watch as the collective ignaorance of both you and ur supporters frog leap on rampage. Pls u guys shld all shut up, go anf learn more, u are all ignoramuses! Sori! No offence meant!

[size=18pt]A tenth part, or 10 percent, given or paid as a tribute, especially for religious purposes.
The Bible tells of two instances prior to the setting up of the Law covenant in which a tenth part of possessions was paid to God or to his representative. The first of these was on the occasion when Abraham gave Melchizedek one tenth of the spoils of his victory over Chedorlaomer and his allies. (Ge 14:18-20) The apostle Paul cites this incident as proof that Christ’s priesthood according to the manner of Melchizedek is superior to that of Levi, since Levi, being in the loins of Abraham, paid tithes, in effect, to Melchizedek. (Heb 7:4-10) The second case concerned Jacob, who vowed at Bethel to give one tenth of his substance to God.—Ge 28:20-22.

These two accounts, however, are merely instances of voluntarily giving one tenth. There is no record to the effect that Abraham or Jacob commanded their descendants to follow such examples, thereby establishing a religious practice, custom, or law. It would have been superfluous for Jacob, if already under a compulsory obligation to pay tithes, to vow to do so, as he did. It is therefore evident that the tithing arrangement was not a custom or a law among the early Hebrews. It was instituted with the inauguration of the Law covenant, not before.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by solasola(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2012
[size=22pt]please read the above carefully and search the scriptures diligently, it is of no importance to twist the scriptures to fit what we think is true or should be true, this matter under discussion is black and white. Remember Rev 22:18 If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in these scroll....[/size]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by BERNIMOORE: 11:42am On May 07, 2012
[b]@Aringon,
permit me to comment on your quote below,
If I may ask u,[size=14pt] where do u think the money to maintain the church and upsetting of other bills come from? Oh ye carnal mind and may God in heaven forgive u.[/size] Amen

Are you saying that God's way is not effective or God cannot care for the maitainance through righteous means?
oh no, lets consider first jesus concept of true worshippers of God;

Matthew 7:13-14
New King James Version (NKJV)

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

you will agree with me that righteous people are few and the unrighteous are many,but we christians are warned above the consequencies of joining the many but should find the righteous few.
The issue here is that maintaining 'bills' and upkeep of these righteous few ones is not done 'with greed'or from 'smugling unscriptural means'.

examples were the apostles who gave not 'by compultion' but by 'cheerfull giving' just like the widows mite that i discussed earlier (see my last post),the righteousnss of the few individuals is what God needed and he will bless them not only materially but the 'LOVE' and AFFECTION'among the members too will grow such that people will be moved to give 'willingly out of what a person has and not giving untill it hurts' righteous ones will be moved to sell some of their possessions out of love,because they see the manifestation as those monies were actually distributed among the needy ones till they were not having a need.what a great example of love,read below;
Acts 4:34-36
King James Version (KJV)

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Now when modern pastors and unwise followers have disobeyed jesus instruction below;(bolded)

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

paying bills has to come by manipulations simple!!!.because they choosed the wrong way.

And to butress my point, if you want s'thing done,you will have your instructions to be followed, how much more God almighty who had a parttern.

lets see some examples in the old testament,

The unfortunate death storry of a young levi named UZZAH,
his death was caused by king David who disregard Gods pattern of carrying the terbanacle or Ark of covenant on the shoulders of 4 four levites men but choose his own settings,that is King David Got a cart like charriots dressed very beatifull and only have the levites who are supposed to put the TERBANACLE OR the Ark on their shoulder to just be walking behind the beatiful charriot,But God instructed strictly that these levites 'must not touch' the Ark or tabernacle under no circumstance, even when they used to put it on their shoulder,they used long poles as the Ark sits in the middle of two long poles and only the 'chief High priest have the right to touch it,but unfortunately when this young levi saw that the Ark nealy falls down behind the cart or chariot, he rushed to hold it, but was struck dead instantly, Obviously king david caused his death by 'changing' Gods pattern to what he feels will glorify God but fail to heed Gods instruction.

The same thing happen to saul his predeceessor,when he took big animals from spoils in the name of sacrifice to God, and was rebuked;
1 Samuel 15:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
[size=14pt]To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
[/size]

so God did not send anybody to greedily carryout things he did not commanded,thanks.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by solasola(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2012
otito lo ma gbeke iro. As shown above, giving voluntarily superceeds the tenth in everyway.Many sold possessions for the the needy,they gave more than a tenth part. It was that for of giving that made annanias and saphira to sell their land but they lied.eya.The Law convenant has been done away with, now is time for the new covenant through christ Jesus our Lord with does not involve being govern by a set rule of laws or codes.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2012
Bernimoore.
Your posts are too long, don't let nuclear accuse you of long speeches o! Oops, go ahead, you're not under nuclear's radar. To them, anything anti-tithe is divine and holy.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2012
Image123: @debosky
That's why i took some time to explain Abraham's spoils but you scorned it. Abraham got spoils, possessions of the five kings he defeated and of their armies. He only gave the king of Sodom what was taken from Sodom.
"And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people." (Genesis 14:16).
"That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I WILL NOT TAKE ANY THING THAT IS THINE, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" (Genesis 14:23)
Also, if you read the chapter, you'd see that the 5kings defeated many other kingdoms apart from Sodom.

I did not scorn anything - your previous post explained the constituent elements of spoil, and I had no issue with that. The fact is that he returned (part of) the spoils to its rightful owner hence it cannot be considered increase. Do you return (part of) your salary to your employer? Or the rent from your property to your tenant?

The fact is that Abram's wealth or 'increase' did not come from the spoils of war - it came from God's blessings to him. Since we do not have any record of Abram's wealth being tithed, how do we now make that linkage today to monthly wages being tithed? Or are monthly wages now spoils of war?

It was a normal practice to support priests with tithe even during the time of Abraham and among the heathen.

How do we establish that it was 'normal practice' to support priests during the time of Abram? Does the bible tell us the tithe he gave to Melchisedek was for his 'support' or is this something you have gleaned from other sources? Does any biblical reference support this idea that Abram's tithe was for support for the priests?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 1:16pm On May 07, 2012
pd piper pippen: Young man when u are ignorant why not admit u don't know rather than cme on a public forum to expose urself, jesus abolished tje levitical priesthood and in itsplace establishe ministry offices, whose equivalent in the bible is the office of the pastor.jesus ws a priest according to d order of melchizedech, hving abolished that priest hood he says I am d good sheperd, pastor is english wrd for greek sherperd.stop xposing ur ignorance pls!

What "EQUIVALENT" are you talking about? The Priesthood of every believer cancelled the old priesthood. 1 Peter 2:9 and that is the reason for Jesus being our high priest. I can't just understand equivalent you are spewing here. Little time you have contributed here is just to use your logic and idea to prove a point without establishing it from the word of God. smh

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:

What "EQUIVALENT" are you talking about? The Priesthood of every believer cancelled the old priesthood. 1 Peter 2:9 and that is the reason for Jesus being our high priest. I can't just understand equivalent you are spewing here. Little time you have contributed here is just to use your logic and idea to prove a point without establishing it from the word of God. smh

Don't mind those clowns, they have absolutely no idea what christianity is all about, yet they claim to be christians. They remind me clearly of the hypocrites Jesus was talking about in the verse below.

Matthew 15:9
9 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by BERNIMOORE: 1:53pm On May 07, 2012
[b][quote][size=14pt]WHAT!!!20 NAIRA!!!OUR GOD IS NOT A POOR GOD, HE IS NOT A GOD OF 20 NAIRA.[/size][/quote
LETS SEE JESUS OWN VIEW ON THE 'WIDOWS MITE';
[color=#000099]Luke 21:2-3
King James Version (NKJV)

2, and He saw also a certain [size=14pt]poor widow putting in two mites[/size].

3, So He said,[size=14pt] “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all[/size]

What we learned here is that;,
a, jesus is compassionanate and that makes him evaluate the condition of the woman,and he declared ; “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all.
b, jesus did not condemn the widows poor condition or even relate it to previous failures on her part to tithe nor says that her poor condition was a 'curse' or 'robbing God' and Gods withdrawal of blessing from her.

so you can clearly see why jesus said;

Matthew 11:28-30
[size=14pt]28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
[/size]

Now why dont you heed jesus advice here.
you will Agree with me that pastors or General overseers have assume the position higher than both God and Jesus in your life,what do i mean,
these Pastors dont answer your questions from the bible when faced with facts,yes. they rather tell you that you should do what they ask you to do.or they ask you 'why' you ask such demanding question only to even warn you to stop the source of your questions of which jesus never did,

and something is so sure,they will never give you a satisfactory answers to your question that is even if you are allowed to meet them.

some dont even reasoned that while they are praying they can easily 'command God' in jesus name to do this or that, but fear will not allow them to ask or even tell their pastor that 'i command you to answer my question today' they dare not why,

pastors today have assumed the 'large than life stature' and what they say is final,you can approach them anyhow,who are you,whats your worth,why do you want to see the General overseer?

but 'you command' a whole jesus as quickly as possible to do what you cannot even sent your houseboy,its a shame that people have been blinded to feel 'what jesus died for'
anyway if you have questions, ask me politely, but if you think that you can insult,just try it.cheers[/b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 2:23pm On May 07, 2012
solasola: [size=22pt]please read the above carefully and search the scriptures diligently, it is of no importance to twist the scriptures to fit what we think is true or should be true, this matter under discussion is black and white. Remember Rev 22:18 If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in these scroll....[/size]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 2:28pm On May 07, 2012
Dear friend, I wld refer u to, malachi 3:8, and matt23:23, we are children of abraham and our father abraham tithed, we are innstructed by the word of God to walk in footsteps of our father, rmbr God introduced faith to us tru abraham, and as his children we are commanded to live by faith just as our dad abraham.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 2:30pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 2:35pm On May 07, 2012
Let's all be clear on something, admitted their are fakes amongst the clergy today, that still doesn't warrant throwing the baby along with the bath water, similarly, tithes are not neccessarily paid to pastors but to God, pastors receive tithes as representatives of God on earth, proceeds accruing therefrom are held in trust by the pastors on behalf of God and the church and shld be used for the day to day of the church, thje pastors upkeep incluive. I wld refer to Gal6:6
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2012
@debo
i like the part where you wrote 'part of'. That's mission accomplished for me. To other issues, in war the winner takes the spoils, they are legally his. Abraham had already purposed to return Lot and Sodom's goods for personal reasons. It's a personal reason, but by usual practice, the victor legally owns the spoil. Go into war history research my dear, i wouldn't spoon feed you on that. The properties of Chedorlaomer, the other kings and their armies were the increase of Abraham. They were his gain, abi na loss you wan call am? That's what he gave tithes of. He did not take a thread not to mention a tenth of Sodom's goods. That's written in english in my Bible o, how don't you still get it.
You may also ask Kunle about supporting priests, he seems to have copied and pasted something about it. He should be of help ihope, else you're on your own o, go research.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2012
pd piper pippen: Dear friend, I wld refer u to, malachi 3:8, and matt23:23, we are children of abraham and our father abraham tithed, we are innstructed by the word of God to walk in footsteps of our father, rmbr God introduced faith to us tru abraham, and as his children we are commanded to live by faith just as our dad abraham.

This is the same thing like the Jews who don't understand and believed that God had moved and changed from Abraham to Jesus was doing. This is the answer for you.

Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:57-58 kjv.

Malachi that was written to the priest that was stealing in those days and you are here quoting lies. Malachi 1:6, 2:1 and all the way down to the abuse of 3:8 and what exactly is matt 23:23 saying? Still tithe from crops. It still didn't change. Brother, get out of bondage. God doesn't bless you with tithe or by tithing. "Abram" NOT "Abraham" was rich before he gave tithe to Melchi. And stop this your Abraham doctrine. Why don't you give the rest of your 90% to your MoG/Church since Abraham gave the rest things or war spoil to king of sodom.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2012
Image123: @debo
i like the part where you wrote 'part of'. That's mission accomplished for me. To other issues, in war the winner takes the spoils, they are legally his. Abraham had already purposed to return Lot and Sodom's goods for personal reasons. It's a personal reason, but by usual practice, the victor legally owns the spoil. Go into war history research my dear, i wouldn't spoon feed you on that. The properties of Chedorlaomer, the other kings and their armies were the increase of Abraham. They were his gain, abi na loss you wan call am? That's what he gave tithes of. He did not take a thread not to mention a tenth of Sodom's goods. That's written in english in my Bible o, how don't you still get it.
You may also ask Kunle about supporting priests, he seems to have copied and pasted something about it. He should be of help ihope, else you're on your own o, go research.

My dear, this is you in action. It is very clear how you are turning in circles. WILL YOU ALSO GIVE YOUR 90% TO YOUR EMPLOYER OR CHURCH OR MoG since the ABRAHAM YOU ARE HOLDING ONTO GAVE THE REST 90% TO THE KING OF SODOM. It's vice-versa, in the sense that the goods first belongs to King of Sodom. After it was taken by other kings, it is no more of the king of Sodom but to the other kings. Now again, Abraham had to take it back BY WAR then it is no more the rightful owner to the other kings. The truth of the matter, THIS TITHE WAS NOT FROM ABRAHAM'S OWN AND PERSONAL PROPERTY EVEN THOUGH HE TITHED FROM IT TO MELCHIZEDEK AND GAVE THE REST TO THE ORINGINAL OWNER. THEN WHERE DID ABRAHAM TITHED FROM HIS OWN PROPERTY/INCREASE? You need to answer Debosky's question THAT WILL YOU ALSO FOLLOW AFTER THE EXAMPLE OF ABRAHAM TO GIVE THE "REST" OF YOUR 90% TO GOD/MoG/CHURCH "ON A REGULAR OR MONTHLY BASIS"?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by ichuka(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2012
pd piper pippen: Dear friend, I wld refer u to, malachi 3:8, and matt23:23, we are children of abraham and our father abraham tithed, we are innstructed by the word of God to walk in footsteps of our father, rmbr God introduced faith to us tru abraham, and as his children we are commanded to live by faith just as our dad abraham.
[quote author=pd piper pippen][/quote]

We(Christains) are not Children of Abraham,we are the sons/daughters of God...Jhn1:12.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 3:02pm On May 07, 2012
Image123: @debo

Olodo I don't know where you are getting this copy and paste hallucination from buut I have always been able to express myself clearly in my own words on NL. Concerning supporting priests, all believers today are priests so I don't know what point you are trying to make. But if you mean supporting the clergy, yes I believe the clergy should be supported, however this does not justify twisting the word of God as you and your cohorts regularly do to get this support. The christian standard is free will giving as determined by the giver himself. If those in the clergy feel they are not getting enough support, rather than incur the wrath of God by twisting his word to defraud believers, they should get a Job like apostle Paul did to support themselves.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Olodo I don't know where you are getting this copy and paste hallucination from buut I have always been able to express myself clearly in my own words on NL. Concerning supporting priests, all believers today are priests so I don't know what point you are trying to make. But if you mean supporting the clergy, yes I believe the clergy should be supported, however this does not justify twisting the word of God as you and your cohorts regularly do to get this support. The christian standard is free will giving as determined by the giver himself. If those in the clergy feel they are not getting enough support, rather than incur the wrath of God by twisting his word to defraud believers, they should get a Job like apostle Paul did to support themselves.

Kunle bobo,

Omo ni e joor. Mo gba fun e. Oro l'oso joor. Won ti s'ile baba wa orun d'ile ole ati agbero. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by BERNIMOORE: 4:31pm On May 07, 2012
[b]@pd piper pippen

what i want to sincerely tell you is that, you muddle things up!,and we need to separate them one by one,lovingly.pls

i will be happy if you can at least drop some of your seeming pride a little,this is not a matter of i win you or you win,noo but 'coming to full knowledge logically' and give attention to how we today 'who are not 'Gods sons' by inheritance unlike the 'old isreal' that God had 'original convenant with' when God declared the old-isrealites as his 'special property'.....but our own acceptance as 'Gods son'was through Christ 'ransome sacrifice' and so we fall in the category of 'the Gentiles'.

To start with your two quoted bible verses;
a,Malachi 3:8
b,mathew 23:23 to butress your point,but you will see below why christians 'by faith' are not concerned;

[size=14pt]PLS NOTE,that the Book of Malachi, was the last book of old testament.and that jesus was yet to be born then.[/size]

To start,pls, (a and b)treated below;

a,and lets read who the message is being directed to or principally reffered to;

Malachi 3:3,4;
Malachi 3:3-4
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify[size=14pt] the sons of Levi,[/size]
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousness.

4 “Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem
Will be pleasant to the Lord,
As in the days of old,
As in former years.

so,its obvious that the book of malachi (OT)was directed to the levites prists who 'had a covenant'to receive tithes as their inheritance,because they are not awarded any land as inheritance,but failed to carryout their duties by receiving and offering of'lame' animals to God, while 'they' 'levi priest' would keep the Good ones for themselves after receiving from the people.'the levites' and 'the isreal nation' were pronounced to have robbed God,...by
a,accepting lame animals or meat.
b,turning back widow and the fatherless,of whom had a share in the tithe under the 'convenant'.
c,some of levi priest would even get drunk, and some will even have fornicated and adulterate with women,
please read
(malachi 3:4-9)and you will see it yourself.

your quote below in malachi 3:8; definately shows that you have no grasp on who was concerned.

that [size=14pt]the store house refers to the church is obvious and to contend that meat shld take the place of cash(tithe)[/size] is laughable, pls!

Also,

b,Matthew 23:23

23 “Woe To You, Scribes And Pharisees, Hypocrites! For You Pay Tithe Of Mint And Anise And Cummin, And Have Neglected The Weightier Matters Of The Law: Justice And Mercy And Faith. These You Ought To Have Done, Without Leaving The Others Undone.

Does Mathew 23:23(Above) Butress Your Point That Tithe Apply To Christians? Capital No, Why?

Jesus Is Stressing The 'Obligation That Is Attached To The Law' Also Echoed By Paul;

Read Below;

James 2:10

10 For Whoever Shall Keep The Whole Law, And Yet Stumble In One Point, He Is Guilty Of All.

James 2:10 Shows That The Law Covenant Is Wholy Binding On The Jews or old isreal, And Of Course The Law Teachers,Pharisees.
The point is if you still choose to follow the old testament meant for the isrealite? then no problem,but
James 2:10 states that 'you must keep all whole binding law'including eye for eye,toth for tooth, but if you fail in just one,you have authomatically failed 'in all' period!!!

jesus cast 'woe' on the pharisees in mathew 23:23,why;

Does This ''Woe'' Not Apply To Churches Or Pastors[size=14pt] Applying Selected Tithe In The Law,But Failed To Also Apply The ''No Tithe Giving'' On Sabbatical Year, 7th Yr ?.

Or That 'Tithe' Should Be Collected ''Only On Increase'' It Is A Binding Statement That Tithe Is Actually On Increase, And Cannot Be Negleted While Applying Tithing Rules, Is That Not A Curse?.This Are Questions Begging For Answers. [/size]

Wooooe. There Are No Two Words For The Offenders.

Now You Can See 'The Double Standards' That Jesus Is Pointing At.

why did jesus say in mathew 23:23 that 'it was bindind' (under law covenant to old isreal) to observe,and not disregarding others;answer;

It Is A Known Fact That When Jesus Was Born, He Was Born Into The Law, But For A Purpose;Read Galatians 4:4,5.

Galatians 4:4,5,

4 But When The Fullness Of The Time Had Come, God Sent Forth His Son, Born Of A Woman, Born Under The Law,

5 To Redeem Those Who Were Under The Law, That We Might Receive The Adoption As Sons.

This Explains Why Jesus Did Not Neccesarily Stop 'An Existing Law On Tithe' Binding On Only Jews Which Jesus Himself Met,But Because His Coming Will Not Only Put An End To 'Tithing Demanded By Law' But The Whole Entire 'Binding Written Law' Is About To End,

But Then, Why Do We Have Law In The First Place? The Answer Not Far Fetched;

Galatians 3:19,20.

19 Why, Then, Was The Law Given At All? It Was Added Because Of Transgressions Until The Seed To Whom The Promise Referred Had Come. The Law Was Given Through Angels And Entrusted To A Mediator. 20 A Mediator, However, Implies More Than One Party; But God Is One.

And More To That,Our Justification Is Not Through Law, But By Faith;Vs 23,24

23 Before The Coming Of This Faith, We Were Held In Custody Under The Law, Locked Up Until The Faith That Was To Come Would Be Revealed.

24 So The Law Was Our Guardian Until Christ Came That We Might Be Justified By Faith.

[size=14pt]And To Nail The Head, The Whole Entire 'Binding Written Law'(That Also Includes Tithes In All Its Entirety) As A Code Ended With The Death Of Christ;

Colossians 2:14,

14 Having Wiped Out The Handwriting Of Requirements That Was Against Us, Which Was Contrary To Us. And He Has Taken It Out Of The Way, Having Nailed It To The Cross.[/size]

And The Undisputed Fact That Jesus Did Not Instructs His Disciples And Christians To Tithe, Shed More Light On The Fact That Tithe Will End 'On The Cross'.Neither Paul And All Other Apostles Teach Tithe To Christians,

God Is 'Not Of Confusion' Never.
THANKS. [/b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 5:32pm On May 07, 2012
i.chuka:

We(Christains) are not Children of Abraham,we are the sons/daughters of God...Jhn1:12.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by pdpiperpippen: 5:44pm On May 07, 2012
I want to blve u are inteligent, and not a knuckle, empty headed person taking advantage of the bliss of annoynimity afforded us by this forum! Are u so stupid to suggest that a man's sons and daughters are not his children, I tot NL ws a forum for inteligent persons didn't knw it had already been invaded by bonkums!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / Pastor Who Shares Fufu And Cow Meat Soup After Church Service Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.