Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,194 members, 7,903,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. (11942 Views)

2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo / APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 9:33am On Nov 21, 2007
bashali:

denex, grafikdon, Afam i do not see your point. You 3 look like you do not like the yorubas then why are you living in yoruba get the hell back to your igboland. if you do not want anything good for the yorubas. Get the hell out of yorubaland.

Another ethnic idiot. So supporting the creation of 10 more states for the Yoruba would make one like Yourba? Unfortunately, this issue is gradually degenerating to tribal and ethnic issues.

I see this as selfishness considering the fact that those screaming about creating more states for the Yorubas are cool with just 5 states for the Igbos and even in the proposed 8 divisions the Igbos will have just 1 division even when the Igbos are one of the 3 major ethnic groups and do have a large population.

SO, bashali, go rot in hell with your tribal nonsense. By the way it may be that you don't see anything unless you are seeing it via tribal prisms so that may explain why you do not see the points of those that do not support the selfish clamor for more states for the Yorubas.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by denex: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2007
@nigeria1

if IBB and Abacha were bias in the way and manner they went about creating states, don't you think the problem can be solved by merging the states back. Why should the problem be solved by creating more states.

I guess what I'm saying is that if a parent separates their daughter from a marriage and later find out that their actions were unfair, should they try to make a balance by making sure all their other daughters have dissolved marriages too, or they should rather find a way of getting things back to the way they were before.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by grafikdon: 10:18am On Nov 21, 2007
bashali:

denex, grafikdon, Afam i do not see your point. You 3 look like you do not like the yorubas then why are you living in yoruba get the hell back to your igboland. if you do not want anything good for the yorubas. Get the hell out of yorubaland.

Not sure if I should cry or shake my head in disbelief because this is so out of order it is painful. I try to shy away from insulting people online and offline (Not a very easy task considering the magnitude of imbeciles on the face of the planet) and I will cling to that concept. Mr/Mrs Bashali, is it a crime to read and digest posts before posting your own reply? If you'd followed just a few posts before you, it would clearly dawn on you that your comment should have been left for your eyes only.

Think about it.

This thread is about Okija Satellite, turning every farmland and village into a new state, 'Hutu and Tutsi' for those who do not agree with the ridiculous concept.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by bashali: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2007
delete
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2007
bashali:

denex, grafikdon, Afam I find it funny ,, that the three of you were log in one after the other, It is one person login in several timess. you are 419 igbos boy, Get the hell of of Yorubaland, If you do not want justice in Yorubaland, You do not see the cheating, How can you see it, You are just like thisday newspaper written false story do discredit the yorubas. 29,000 sq km. I have gone to that google earth and seen that ibadan is about the same size of 2 of the state in the south east, and you want us to share equal, Ole, real thief, barawo.

I guess I was fooled into thinking that this one was a human being not knowing that a complete slowpoke just visited this section of the forum.

When you get home today call your father ole ok? Don't forget to do so please.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by grafikdon: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2007
bashali:

denex, grafikdon, Afam I find it funny ,, that the three of you were log in one after the other, It is one person login in several timess. you are 419 igbos boy, Get the hell of of Yorubaland, If you do not want justice in Yorubaland, You do not see the cheating, How can you see it, You are just like thisday newspaper written false story do discredit the yorubas. 29,000 sq km. I have gone to that google earth and seen that ibadan is about the same size of 2 of the state in the south east, and you want us to share equal, Ole, real thief, barawo.

*Sigh* sad

We continue to lose the debate with Dr Watson and the dead man, Botha. Al right Dr. Watson,we give up! You win! embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by willy4: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2007
bashali:

denex,    grafikdon,  Afam  I find it funny ,, that the three of you were log in one after the other,  It is one person login in several timess. you are 419 igbos boy,  Get the hell of of Yorubaland,  If you do not want justice in Yorubaland,  You do not see the cheating,  How can you see it,  You are just like thisday newspaper written false story do discredit the yorubas. 29,000 sq km. I have gone to that google earth and seen that ibadan is about the same size of 2 of the state in the south east,  and you want us to share equal,  Ole,  real thief, barawo.
@bashali, you don't have to worry, by the grace of almighty God, very soon your tribe will have their Oduduwa Republic.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by naijabuff: 5:36am On Nov 22, 2007
we dont need any more states.

we have more than enough civil servants .
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by bashali: 6:09am On Nov 22, 2007
denex,    grafikdon,  Afam how many name you dey carry , you this 419.

for the north gombe. jigawa, zamfara , yobe
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by denex: 6:38am On Nov 22, 2007
@Bashali

I really don't know what you're talking about. I didn't read through the posts to see what state was for where. I know Zaria is to be in the North, Owena in the West and Apa, I really don't know.

I generally want all the new states to be merged back. I'm from Edo State and right at this moment, I'm in Benin City. I preferred when it was Bendel. That was what I was talking about. Abi during the time of the old Bendel State, did you ever hear of Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo wars?

So please mr. Bashali, I don't know where you're headed to with your post.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by willy4: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2007
bashali:

denex,    grafikdon,  Afam how many name you dey carry , you this 419.
So you people really believe you would have Niger delta republic. You must be fooling yourself. Biafra my foot. dey dream. 
@bashali, I don tell you make you no worry yourselve, by the grace of God you will have more states in Oduduwa Republic.
Inside Oduduwa Republic you don't need Niger Delta and Biafra to create more states, you can have as many states as you want.
I wish you good luck in Oduduwa Republic and i want you to wish me the same in my own republic
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2007
FSU:

This Nigeria1 is a thief, like his pastor Adeboye grin

This is a very unnecessary comment. Pls apply a bit of tact subsequently.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by oberon(m): 10:46am On Nov 22, 2007
You know we really are a very peculiar people despite all the pronouncements about justice fair play compromise and the need for the country to move forward once it comes to the issue of money/resources and how to share same the knives come out.My brothers from the south west would not be agitating for more states if there werent gains from the exercise ie.ministerial,ambassadorial,quota system placement of career civil servants etc but when one places these demands against the calls for "true federalism"I really wonder if they get the point, Nigeria is the only country where in a Federal system, states and local governments collect from the center and not the other way round, I really wonder what would happen when this is corrected because it would have to be one day,with regards population the events b4 the last census are enuf for the discerning what with the refusal to allow ethnicity data 2 be supplied on the forms we lost a great oppurtunity to clear this issue up once and for all Dr Fasheun reently stated that they were 15 mil Igbos in Lagos and all over the country afta the host communities the Igbos are almost always the next largest as per the claim that the reason why they are few non Igbos in Igbo speaking areas the answer is that since the end of the war succeeding Governments have made it a cardinal objective to starve Igbo land of federal pesence and people go where they are oppurtunities so note.Lets tell overselves the truth for once please
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2007
FSU:

Nigeria is made up of 6 regions. The only logical thing to do is to create equal number of states in all the regions (2 states for the Igbos, one state for others and no state for the north west) or failing that, abrogate the state and let us have regions only. All these one in penny state will not work

North East =6 states +1=7
N West =7 states+0=7
N Central=6 states+1=7
S West=6 states+1=7
S South = 6 states+1=7
S East = 5 states+2=7
Although I don't essentially support creation of new states, I belive we should strengthen the local govt system instead.

But if for any reason we're thinking of creating more states, then the above coming from the most unlikely of sources I might add   is the way to go,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2007
nigeria1:

afam you think say them dey award engineering degrees to slowpoke,  More maths and calculation coming,

Dear nigeria1,
I must say i get a lot of entertainment from your posts grin

You seem to be very passionate about your views and you hold on doggedly to them ,this is not bad in itself & actually has some benefits;however you need to take on board other points of view. You can't be right all the time,or can you?

In addition, I still stand by my previous suggestion to you that you can post in Yoruba(your language) or Pidgin english,we may get more out of what you have to say like that, or alternatively,use a good word processor to edit your comments before posting on nairaland.

Pls advise which university(or teacher's training College) you finished from ,as you told us you served in Adamawa. smiley
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2007
i
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2007
I do not want to speak, young man, This picture about Former Oyo state when compare with south east from satellite talks more to your heart,  And the other picture is about ibadan, if you remove all the state capital in the north apart from kano , you can put all of them into Ibadan and you still have more space,  Or is it the satellite picture that shows that Ibadan only is about the same size as the whole of Imo state,  Look at this video and ask yourself if you are not all tribalist,  I think you are,  God bless you,

http://NigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=40530708e019c4ce063835d50dd0e16b&topic=7623.0

The whole of Igbo land from satellite picture,  while the second is Oyo state,  and the third picture is Ibadan with all of the main northern cities apart from kano inside

oyo state

ibadan

Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by doyin13(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2007
@illusion

i would like to hear more on your views to strengthen the Local government system.

I have suggested the same hitherto but others seem to think it is a no no.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2007
What view do you need, 773 is to much for local govt. 40 state and 600 local govt.

Please everybody watch this video, and see those picture above to ask yourself. when justice would be done.

http://NigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=40530708e019c4ce063835d50dd0e16b&topic=7623.0
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 9:42am On Nov 23, 2007
nigeria1 now nigeriaone?

Dem ban you? If yes, for what? Too much comedy abi na wetin?
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2007
what is the differences
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2007
@doyin13,
Thanks,

The main problem with our local govt system apart from the endemic Nigerian problems of corruption,lack of accountabilty & tranparency etc which I need not harp about , the LGs esp have in addition excessive politicisation&very low capacity(human resources).

1. I would advocate the states create as many LGs as they want,and funding should be another matter entirely. So states should essentially create what can be managed & not the current system where the Nat assembly dictates how a states administrative set up should be.

2. The elected Councillors/chairmen do not necessarily have to RUN the LGAs,they can appoint 'city managers ' like you have in the US. These individuals(city managers) will be responsible for the running of the LG area,. Where more than one LG Council make up a city (e.g Kano,Ibadan,owerri). all the councils within the city should agree on actual modalities.
lagos for instance is actually 5 'cities' Epe,Badagry,Ikorodu,Lagos Island & Lagos Mainland.
3.So while the Councillors/Chairmen act as board members,the city manger who must be professionally recruited,will to some extent be immune from politics & be on contract.

These are just a few of my suggestions,not fool proof but has some merits and is definitely better than our current hopeless situation.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by buluti(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2007
With all the ideas we have, i only wonder why we remain where we are. Its becoming a must to go into politics, if not the same nonsense will keep getting done.

I implore a lot of you (please and please nigeria1 is excluded from this) to think of going into politics, even if ideas differ as long as theres a commitment to change and make things right, the change will come.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2007
Well said bro wink
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2007
illusion2 , I really disagree with you on the issue of local govt. I do believe that more state should be created. while the local govt funds should be cut. Since this money are not enough to take care of their need,   

Nigeria state at the moment are run as the local govt,  look the chairman of Ikeja local govt is more powerful than the governors of some state in Nigeria. Do you know that most lagos local govt generate more money than half of the state in Nigeria. FACT

2 Let the national assembly still create local govt based on population. You see in canada we have what is call a riding. this riding vary each election years based on population,
You see I have said that Nigeria need a social secuirty number to function well. And we at NigeriaONE.co  have  now a program, that I want Nigerian to register on which i would release either by the end of this month. We at http://NigeriaONE.com calls it "Nigeria database project". It would be a website where Nigeria can register their names, picture, finger print and personal information. We would verify all this information,  Create a security number with a card for them,  And we would help them get loan from banks in Nigeria. Not more than N100,000. We would make application for them with the banks,  and we would get an insurance company to guarantee this loan with the banks. We have a international company involve too. This security cards would be free.

This way we jump start small scale business in Nigeria.  We would keep the data and we would help the banks rate this person,  And the bank do now have to worry about unpaid loan, because they would get their money back. Over here this is done by private people,  and we hope to get the loan for them. The Nigeria Database project, would be online very soon, so please check http://NigeriaONE.com for more information.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2007
Who knows when the next "A night of a thousand laughs" will be taking place? Someone needs to give the likes of Okey Bakassi a run for his money.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2007
Okey who? Look do a check, Ikeja and Island local govt generate more internal revenue then kebbi, gombe,yobe, taraba,abia,ebonyi,balyesa,nassarawa,jigawa,zamfara . So i may ask should ikeja local govt be a state too? Afam.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by illusion2: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2007
I must say I am really intrigued with Nigeria1's passion , he obviously takes no prisoners grin grin

He is unbelievably and unrepentantly tribalistic undecided undecided undecided

The fact is that govt is set up to serve the people. What name or configuration you give to it does not matter.

For those old enough, the fgact is that the quality of life in the 3 region structure is incomparable to what obtains now, so whats the point, more govs,more deputy govs,more houses of assemblies etc.

We can compare ourselves to America,canada etc , but the history,demographies & economies are totally different. Once a system cannot serve people & address elementary things like healthcare,education & other social services IT HAS FAILED.
So creating 100 more states won't solve the problem.

The LGs once they are stregthened and they deliver dividends of democracy as outlined in my previous posts is the way to go, Tunde my mechanic, Ikechukwu my generator man, Alhassan the maiguard in my area are less concerned whether Nigeria has 200 states or whether PDP is in govt. So I say lets deliver to the peopls first & foremost.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2007
nigeriaone:

Okey who? Look do a check, Ikeja and Island local govt generate more internal revenue then kebbi, gombe,yobe, taraba,abia,ebonyi,balyesa,nassarawa,jigawa,zamfara . So i may ask should ikeja local govt be a state too? Afam.

So internally generated revenue is now the latest parameter to push for new state? Guy be consistent abeg in your analysis abi na position.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 5:54am On Nov 25, 2007
illusion2 and afam you can understand, you need God in your life to understand. You see I became born again at the age of 13 and all my life living right matter. I do not cheat people,  And do not support injustice. You no what,  The best person to ask if I am right with satellite pictures and this matter is based in lagos,  Go and meet Pastor Tony Rapu( he is igbo). Show him this pictures  and ask him if the state system is not cheating to the Yoruba.  I am confident he would tell you the truth,because those in the light do not stand for injustice,  Darkness attract darkness and evil.  your word is the content of your heart,  because you have evil in your heart,  how can you fight and stand for the truth. Have you seen where satan stand for a just cause before he only love cheating and injustice.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeriaone: 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2007
did you get it
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by bashali: 6:31am On Nov 26, 2007
delete

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir / PDP Yet To Explain The Irresponsible Expenditure Of 1999 To 2014 —buhari / At 59, Nigerians Now Live Like Corpses, Walking Dead — Mike Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.