Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,911 members, 7,969,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:16 PM

$500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri (15156 Views)

Onitsha Shopping Mall Commissioned By Obiano - Photos / Bua Group Builds $500m Cement Plant At Okpella / Africa's Largest ICT Mall To Be Built In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2012
pistol: That will b very fantastic.
It will make owerri a hub in the eastern and south south region of nigeria coupled with her tourism potential.
Owelle,i dub my cap 4 u.
ACTION GOVERNOR.
how will south south benefit?
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2012
Jesus mary and joseph

LMAO

where are the going to site the shopping mall?
Hope it wont be in the centre of owerri as owerri is already becoming crowded.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2012
9jadelta:

The south-south will benefit just like how the south-east will benefit. Think.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2012
pistol: Jesus mary and joseph

LMAO

where are the going to site the shopping mall?
Hope it wont be in the centre of owerri as owerri is already becoming crowded.

No, it will be cited in Mbano forest so that wild animals can go shopping.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by robinhudda: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for sharing this information with us .In this site we learn a lot of knowledgeable information and find the most important data like advance and current information.There are many data which must help many of the user which like to find these data .
property management columbia md
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:

The south-south will benefit just like how the south-east will benefit. Think.

my brother.. The question is "HOW"?
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2012
9jadelta:

it will be a win win situation for the two regions.

Most of the goods that are gonna be sold in the shopping mall will be shipped via portharcour and calabar ports.

Also due to the higher purchasing power of folks in ph,they are gonna be a considerable nucleus of buyers in the shopping mall
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2012
9jadelta:
fake 9ja delta boy. Everybody is now a naija deltan jst to spew hate n division. Grow up
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by stanech: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2012
Nigerians with their talk talk and no action. A serious minded people will build before announcing it. Bunch. Of freaks
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2012
stanech: Nigerians with their talk talk and no action. A serious minded people will build before announcing it. Bunch. Of freaks

Build before announcing? Are you human?

1 Like

Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by otokx(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2012
story, story, future tense is all we keep hearing.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by phreakabit(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2012
RFLMAO!!!! THIS ISN'T WHAT THE EAST NEEDS NOW. WONDERFUL INTENTION, BUT VERY VERY VERY ILL ADVISED PROJECT.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:

No, it will be cited in Mbano forest so that wild animals can go shopping.

The govt need to decongest owerri and they can start by siting this shopping mall in a region where it will be viable

Thats d reason i was opposed to taking IMSU to the govenors villa.

The should have sited the university at the mbaise/okpalla axis and moved this shopping mall there where they will compliment each other coupled with the close proximity of sam mbakwe airport and port harcourt int airport,ph seaport.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by 9zeros(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2012
electricity is d back-bone of any state/country cuz it indirectly influences every sector of d economy. d government needs to put d basic amenities in place b4 development can grow, so no amount of money can save nigeria. dis is jst anoda way which money wll be wasted. no electricity, no roads, no urban planning....... wallmart indeed. smh.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2012
pistol:

The govt need to decongest owerri and they can start by siting this shopping mall in a region where it will be viable

The should have sited the university at the mbaise/okpalla axis and moved this shopping mall there where they will compliment each other coupled with the close proximity of sam mbakwe airport and port harcourt int airport,ph seaport.

This is a shopping mall and not a university or a public institution. It's owerri that you have the market then why take it to a village. is it villagers will will be shopping in a $500million mall?
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by PHIPEX(m): 11:02am On Apr 19, 2012
9-zeros:
electricity is d back-bone of any state/country cuz it indirectly influences every sector of d economy. d government needs to put d basic amenities in place b4 development can grow, so no amount of money can save d nigeria. dis is jst anoda way which money wll be wasted. no electricity, no roads, no urban planning....... wallmart indeed. smh.

But Malls are survivng in Lagos and Enugu even with those problems in place, should economic matters be put on hold cos PHCN is on hold? "Necesity is the mother of inventions".
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Na so dem dey like to tell us. Hype us all up, only to reveal less at the end of the day.

Anyway sha, na private pockets the money dey come from, so no need to complain. Tinapa promised so much and cost us more than half a billion to build. But to this day, we still dey pay for that decision. So, as long as the money is not coming from government coffers, I am cool.

Is it not OBJ and his Yoruba cohorts that mess TINAPA up, because of Lagos Ports. Abegi na una be the black sheep of the south.o
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by brainchild78(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2012
I am quite impressed with his contributions towards the development of the state. Nonetheless there is still room for improvement. A man of this repute is exactly what Nigeria needs as an overall leader
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:

This is a shopping mall and not a university or a public institution. It's owerri that you have the market then why take it to a village. is it villagers will will be shopping in a $500million mall?

we can create a whole new urban settlement there.

Where folks can commute to work both in downtown owerri and rivers state from there.

Its just a matter of govt putting in the necessary and fundamental infastructure which is roads,water and electricity and you shall see the other factors falling into place.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2012
pistol:

we can create a whole new urban settlement there.

Where folks can commute to work both in downtown owerri and rivers state from there.

Its just a matter of govt putting in the necessary and fundamental infastructure which is roads,water and electricity and you shall see the other factors falling into place.

While you're creating a new urban settlement, who will be shopping in this shopping mall? And do you know how much it will cost to build a new urban settlement? Imo cannot afford that for now. Let it stay in Owerri.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2012
This man seems to be proactive.I hope he maintains this streak till the end of his tenure cos humans are known to be uptight initially and loose eventually.Goodluck Mr.Governor.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by member479760: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2012
Very very nice development!
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:

While you're creating a new urban settlement, who will be shopping in this shopping mall? And do you know how much it will cost to build a new urban settlement? Imo cannot afford that for now. Let it stay in Owerri.

The projects will go on simultaenously.

The last time that i checked,the gov has already dealienated about five regions he wanna turn into urban settlements lnclusive of this region
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Piyke: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft7_4nd0ypc

A Youtube clip of Owerri. I think what it needs is a few cosmetic touches and trimmings here and there, and then it would be near pefect. It needs investors and tourists as well to help open up the place. But i like the open spaces, greenery and cleanliness of the place. It's got a laid-back feel to it.

Ndi-Imo have a lot to thank Sam Mbakwe for. smiley

While I am happy at this development I wish Rochas should tackle some more pressing issues in the state eg drainage. Its appalling that a lot of roads in owerri do not have gutters. This makes the rainy season in this areas a nightmare. Good move anyway
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by pistol: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2012
Piyke:

While I am happy at this development I wish Rochas should tackle some more pressing issues in the state eg drainage. Its appalling that a lot of roads in owerri do not have gutters. This makes the rainy season in this areas a nightmare. Good move anyway

The governor is doing just that.
Almost all the road contract he awarded are with a drainage channel.

Also u take into cognizance that owerri is on a low belt,thats why there is normally a flash flood anytime it rains

Seems it has been long since u visited
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Cargoed: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2012
Why does he not build a rail-line that can link the villages all the way to Aba. Also another rail from Onitsha can connect to Owerri. Then it will all come together. You can go to Onitsha by rail from P.H stopover at Owerri visit the mall and carry on to Onitsha and return the same day. That is Development. Not all these superman projects.

If any tourist comes into Nigeria they need a car why? the rail should be sufficient. It is the most important now not all these oversized malls.
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2012
Cargoed: Why does he not build a rail-line that can link the villages all the way to Aba. Also another rail from Onitsha can connect to Owerri. Then it will all come together. You can go to Onitsha by rail from P.H stopover at Owerri visit the mall and carry on to Onitsha and return the same day. That is Development. Not all these superman projects.

If any tourist comes into Nigeria they need a car why? the rail should be sufficient. It is the most important now not all these oversized malls.

He's not the premier of eastern region but governor of Imo state. What's his business with Onitsha, Aba and Port-hacourt?
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by gsmgold: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Rochas u rock!
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by mbulela: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
$500million or 500 million naira?
Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by Reference(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
pistol:

Re: $500M Shopping Mall To Be Built In Owerri by norrisman: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2012
To put things in perspective, Westfield Stratford City and Westfield White City shopping complexes in England were built for approximately $2 billion each.

$500 million sounds a lot for a shopping mall project in Nigeria let alone Owerri.

Wembley Stadium cost about £750 million to build. I would find it interesting if the NFF decided to build a new stadium in Nigeria for a quarter of that amount (c £185 million)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bill Gates To Repay Nigeria’s $76m Polio Debt / 11 Banks Make N261.99bn Net Profit In 3 Months / How Can I Set Up Poly Bag Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.