Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,767 members, 7,938,328 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) (15795 Views)

APC Counters Edwin Clark's Claim On Alleged Plot To Kill Jonathan / APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark / Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by tchaik(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
speedyboi:
Hey don't try to twist what happened.....
This was the story.....durin the inquisition Periods,it was the roman catholic that that were punishing those that were opposing their own beliefs( not the whole Christian beliefs)-mind you, they were not killing them....and contrary to what you said, there were explosive materials then!
And the reason for the punishment was because people were opposing(just like the boko haram) not because they didn't want to be a Christian....its just like if Christians wants to fight back now and treat Muslims cruelly or pickup arms.....
And again, there is no part in the bible that preaches violence...
Do we christians even bother to read our own history?
Was there anything like 'catholic church" during inquisition period?
When did 'catholic' form?
Mtchewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
NB: will not comment to any ill-informed posts again!
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
tchaik:
Go and read the history of christianity, hell no, start from King David who will wake up on day and say that God sent him to a land (various of them) to kill every man and woman; even cattle, and possess for his people.
Now come on, which God will send you to commit genocide on a property that aint yours?
Didn't the early Christians during the Reign of Pompei revolte against the Emperror? ( Many times violently).
Let's us not bring religion inside this kitchen, these people are psychotic!
Hey...if you don't know anything just shut up.....if you just hear people talking about king David and you now form your own story to make Christianity look violent, you have failed! There is no time when God told anybody to steal in his name ..... Or kill.......
The only thing God can do his to fight for his people when an enemy wants to attack in form of war

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Tropilo(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Javalove: You are obviously a Yoruba moslem. Enlightened!
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
dhabrio: @ noblezone: make ur findings very well before ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ jump into conclusion. Islam is not a violent religion. It a religion ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ need to understand before you practice it, that's why He said "know M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ before ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ worship M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥, cos if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ don't know M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥, how wld ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ worship me". The so called boko may have a fainted knowledge of Islam but they have ₪☺ atom of understanding. Knowledge without understanding is a waste. Pls oo, Islam is the best and peaceful religion I've ever known. I never practice it bcs my parents do, I do bcs I found it to be true religion. Boko are not of us!!!!

the true face of is wickedness, murder, terror and evil. ask ur fore fathers how they got converted. it was with a dagger on their throat.

2 Likes

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
tchaik:
Do we christians even bother to read our own history?
Was there anything like 'catholic church" during inquisition period?
When did 'catholic' form?
Mtchewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
NB: will not comment to any ill-informed posts again!
See someone telling me about history..........you that you don't know that the inquision Period was in the 15th to 17th century...( you said 13th and 14th) .......mtcheew

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by sakinmuwagun: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
This boko haram guys are only covering up under religion. Islam is peaceful.there are muslims in the south, are they not peaceful? Some 'untouchable political elements' are behind BH. They are errand boys to some frustrated and selfish politicians who choose to kill fellow citizens. Remember the like of Buhari, Atiku, Shekarau etc neither come to the open neither in secret to condemn the activities of BH.May God heal our land and cleanse it of evil.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by bakila: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
nex: It takes a lot of branwashing to get to where this group today. I don't agree that they would have been able to achieve so much without Atiku, and his foreign counterparts. He mistakenly blurted out his plan for violent change before the elections, but that had actually been his "Plan A".
You guys will say Atiku, tomorrow Buhari and next Babangida. But the name that consistently come up is of those in this Govt. Bands like Boko Haram have existed in various guise and faith from Muslim to Christians to agnostics all in a bit to undermine Govt and overawe the people.
Please focus your search on the inept structure on ground and the failure of that man that people call various names.
Let them bring evidence against Atiku and convict him or you sir should shut it shhssh.
Apologist of the failure of this Goverment to fulfill it duty to secure here people keep droping names.
Was it Atiku that lined up some people in Ebony and killed
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by bakila: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
sakinmuwagun: This boko haram guys are only covering up under religion. Islam is peaceful.there are muslims in the south, are they not peaceful? Some 'untouchable political elements' are behind BH. They are errand boys to some frustrated and selfish politicians who choose to kill fellow citizens. Remember the like of Buhari, Atiku, Shekarau etc neither come to the open neither in secret to condemn the activities of BH.May God heal our land and cleanse it of evil.
Another foolish name caller. If you acknowledge Islam is peaceful you would acknowledge BH actions are un islamic. To politicise the activities of Boko Haram with Atiku, Buhari, Shakarau rakes of unnecessry provincial hatred.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by JW214: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
larssonsamson: SUGAR MUMMIES ASSOCIATION IN NIGERIA,AND
AROUND THE WORLD AND AFRICA ARE HAVING
MEETINGS INDIFFERENT CLUBS,HOTELS,
JOINTS IN ALL THE CITIESIN NIGERIA
LAGOS,ABUJA,PORT HARCOURT,DELTA,JOS,
CALABAR,BENIN,ENUGU,IMO AND TOP COUNTRIES
LIKE USA UK SPAIN ITALY AND SOUTHAFRICA
AND OTHER COUNTRIES YOU WILL LIKE
GET THE CHANCE TO GET TO HOOKE UP WITH THEM
AND MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND EXHIBIT
YOUR TALENT SO YOU COULD BECOME HOT CAKE
AND GET REAL LOVE AND ASSISTANCE FROM THEM,
AM AGENT SAMSON AM HERE ON BEHALF ON MY AGENCY
THAT HAS A HOOK UP SHOP.SO YOU IF YOU INTERESTED
YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON MY PHONE ON +2347060541308

Agent Samson, I think this ur advert is in a wrong thread. I advise U remove it before d NL BH blow you and ur clients off.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by bakila: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
It is heartwarming to hear that BH did not threaten to kill His Excellency Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Tropilo(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Peterkbaba: I like the way you market your party (ACN). Well garnished with your "spices" (lies, half truthes, propaganda, conspiracy theories etc). Its unlike the people trying to sell Buhari who start and stop with insulting people who have contrary views. When Buhari finally loses (as usual) they resort to violence not knowing they did not market or package him well.
You are in order bro, though its a digress from topic!
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by bodejohn(m): 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
I have always said this, in matters of religion and violence, religion is like water, it takes the shape of whoever carries it. We have seen people of diverse religion melting out cruelty to their fellow human beings. There is presently a man who calls himself a pastor who is threatening to deal with me after accepting that he encroached on my parcel of land because I have not made my perimeter fence to protect his own property. There is a story of a fulani man who cut off a man's hand in Oyo state because the poor farmer refused to drop his yams for the fulani's cattle to graze on.
I think the BH members first had inborn tendencies to be violent before hiding under religion to unduly justify their dastardly acts. My firm belief is that if we are to win the war against these terrorists, true adherents of Islam should first publicly disown them and which the government can then face them squarely with the confidence that they are not dealing with a religious set but a terrorist organisation.

2 Likes

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by wakky4me(m): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
noblezone: Koran has sympathy for those who kill for the blood thirsty Allah.
Did I say sympathy? I mean support...... em mmm. Its even a command.

Islam is not a religion of peace.

The peace in Islam is defined by subduing all with contrary views.

The sooner we face the truth, the better for us.

If Ʊ don't have something reasonable †̥σ say Ʊ better shot Ūя̲̅ dirty mouth here....I really dislike whosoever d̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ doesn't have respect Ƒσя other religions...if Ʊ don't have knowledge its advisable †̥σ seek Ƒσя more knowledge †̥σ know what islam entails.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by nolly042(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
javalove: I am a Muslim and I can tell you that these Boko guys are confused. . .deluded and know nothing about islam. . .

A MATYR IS NOT SOMEONE WHO GOES OUT TO DIE OR KILL HIMSELF OR WRAP A BOMB AROUND HIS BODY!!!.. . .A MATYR DIES IN THE PROCESS OF STRUGGLE. . .NOT NESSECARILY WAR . .I COULD EVEN BE IN THE CAUSE OF HELPING OTHERS OR A COMMUNITY SERVICE. . .

The Holy Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him) taught us that "The ink of a scholar is holier than the blood of a matyr". . .so seek knowledge because if you are able to seek knowledge and you choose not to, you carry a full sin.

He also said that "Seek knowledge, even if it s as far as China". . .because China was the fartherest place known to them at that time. . . .

Allah knows best. . .and he will expose whoever is behind them someday.

Finally, am I the only one thinking this whole Boko setup is taking the exact pattern of Al-Qaeda. . .?
my dear i like ur update. but does it mean that the quran u read is different from what other belivers of allah read. cos i have a friend who told me that allah saya kill all unbelievers, use ur influence to promote his religion by all means. he said he is not an ordinary muslim. he even gave me quotations from ur quran. if ur reasonong is different form theirs then i think u are closer to the real truth about salvation cos God said though shall not kill and if allah says kill. then who is contradicting? just my opinion

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by wakky4me(m): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
bodejohn: I have always said this, in matters of religion and violence, religion is like water, it takes the shape of whoever carries it. We have seen people of diverse religion melting out cruelty to their fellow human beings. There is presently a man who calls himself a pastor who is threatening to deal with me after accepting that he encroached on my parcel of land because I have not made my perimeter fence to protect his own property. There is a story of a fulani man who cut off a man's hand in Oyo state because the poor farmer refused to drop his yams for the fulani's cattle to graze on.
I think the BH members first had inborn tendencies to be violent before hiding under religion to unduly justify their dastardly acts. My firm belief is that if we are to win the war against these terrorists, true adherents of Islam should first publicly disown them and which the government can then face them squarely with the confidence that they are not dealing with a religious set but a terrorist organisation.

@bodejohn Ʊ are making sense here!

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2012
dont turn here to the face of junks
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by czay(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2012
After reading a lot of condemnations about islam,(a religion of peace) on this forum I laughed.well talk is cheap. Allah in his will show mankind the true path for anyone who choose to know. I'll die as a muslim..insha allah.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by hamsky: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
I don't understand why people with very little understand of a religion or any other subject blab whatever they think is right without being sure. Allah only means GOD in arabic so if you say that Allah is blood thirsty then its like saying Chineke (God in Igbo) is blood thirsty. I don't care what you guys think but there is no were in the Qur'an that commands the killing of christians or innocent people. If you can find it anywhere in the Qur'an let me know and I will convert to your religion.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by ovo4u(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
All because of 71 virgins grin grin
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Beync(f): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
If Quran is an instrument for terror and confusion why not destroy it? Boko haram quotes quran supporting their killing of non islam u guys are still telling us islam is peace. ur god father satan punish u islamic jihads for killing innocent people. Holy reward my foot.

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
hamsky: I don't understand why people with very little understand of a religion or any other subject blab whatever they think is right without being sure. Allah only means GOD in arabic so if you say that Allah is blood thirsty then its like saying Chineke (God in Igbo) is blood thirsty. I don't care what you guys think but there is no were in the Qur'an that commands the killing of christians or innocent people. If you can find it anywhere in the Qur'an let me know and I will convert to your religion.

Please enlighten about the verses below. Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."  (The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries.  In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did).  The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse).  The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation.  Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief).

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."  (Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot).

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."  ("People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews.  This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years.  Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths).

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by nex(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2012
The main reason why the team at http://www.verdantchronicles.com took out time to get various translators to analyze and translate this Boko Haram video was to ensure that the true information was properly handed to Nigerians. Definitely, Boko Haram is evil, and nothing good can come out of them, but in that video, they never threatened to kill Goodluck Jonathan, nor did they even create a scheduled time for it.

So the question is, who else is gaining from the current spate of terrorism in Nigeria? Who contorted the message from that video and told Nigerians that the Boko Haram group had threatened Goodluck Jonathan's life? Is the media itself blowing things out of proportions, and exploiting fear to sell AD spaces? Why has the SSS not issued a clear statement on this video. The state of Nigeria's security apparatus is really becoming very alarming!
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by skyflash(m): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
speedyboi: see...I concur.....Islam ia a violent religion. Everybody should go and read about the history of Islam, even muhammed himself was a terrorist killing people unjustly so that they can be on his side. That is why any country in which Islam is the religion of about 50% of the population, they never have peace.....consider other Islamic nations like Arab, Iraq etc.....it has been the same old story of violence and terrorism. I know some people will want to blast me right now, but that's the truth. Infact there are places in the quran that preaches violence directly or indirectly, I was told all this by a former Muslim who is converted. I did my own research and I found out it is true...
they are too blind to see, can somebody tell me whot jihad is all about.
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Beync(f): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
Someone said alah is the same as almighty God,its not true pls. The true God does not approve of physical war today. He said vengeance is for him even if anyone persecutes u. while allah say kills non believer and those who persecute u. While God said our fight is not of physical but against wicked spirit in the high place high places. If they said allah is God almighty they would believe in Jesus who is son of God but they believe mohamed son of allah. Where is the correlation? There is not link between light and darkness abeg.

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Babasessy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2012
We welcome you all to our Awesome new page of Amazing Stories, amusing jokes, quotable quotes, food 4 thought and health tips e.t.c. Please, note that this page embraces all.
Invite your friends to like our page. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingStoriesAroundTheWorld
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by teskyg: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
Islam is a confuse religion.They don't even understand their Koran.So many interpretations.These guys have continue to attacked christians in churches and people said it is political.We are convinced that they have the support of Northerners and the moslems based on the utterances from many of them including El-Rufai and sanusi Lamido.1 am still surprise dat the likes of Datti Ahmed has not spoken against their evil deed but jumped at the opportunity to go between the Government and Boko haram.A leader or a father should be bold enough to look into the face of their children and tell dem this is wrong.I am even more surprise that some people are asking for dialogue or Armesty for Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by suraaj(m): 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2012
I dont really blame those idiot dat insult my religion (ISLAM)cos are all christian the same?If your answer is No. please dont generalise that all muslims are bad.Boko haram sect are just .01%
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2012
sakinmuwagun: This boko haram guys are only covering up under religion. Islam is peaceful.there are muslims in the south, are they not peaceful? Some 'untouchable political elements' are behind BH. They are errand boys to some frustrated and selfish politicians who choose to kill fellow citizens. Remember the like of Buhari, Atiku, Shekarau etc neither come to the open neither in secret to condemn the activities of BH.May God heal our land and cleanse it of evil.
See....don't deceive yourself....Islam is violent! The yoruba Muslims are not violent simply because they also consider the believe of the culture which frowns against violence......yorubas are meek and peaceful. so even if the religion tell them to be violent, the peaceful yoruba blood still flows in them and draws them away from violence. In hausas case, the hausa tribe in itself is a violent tribe and so is Islam and its teachings.....so when a violent hausa man believes in the violent Islam, it causes catastrophe! Another attention is; you said it is a political fight but all those that you claim are supporting them are all Muslims(Al qaeda, atiku, etc....) why didn't you say one of their sponsors is Obj, Fashola, etc......
The fact is , those supporting them have the same religious beliefs that preaches violence.... For godsake they are not the only one that have issues with GEJ or has another political agenda, but they prefer to react their opposition in a violent way.......please don't let is deceive ourselves....that religion has a problem from the very start! That's why any country dominated by Muslims never experience peace...
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
suraaj: I dont really blame those idiot dat insult my religion (ISLAM)cos are all christian the same?If your answer is No. please dont generalise that all muslims are bad.Boko haram sect are just .01%
See, majority carries the vote! We've seen what Islam dominated countries are going through- Arab, Iraq, Sudan etc....and now Nigeria. Tell me, have you seen any Christian dominated nation(Philippines etc) having terrorism problems? Just mention one and I will shut my mouth!
Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by hamsky: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Please enlighten about the verses below. Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."  (The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries.  In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did).  The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse).  The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation.  Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief).

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."  (Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot).

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."  ("People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews.  This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years.  Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths).

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

The verses you're referring to are very well showcased in the Qur'anic context though if misunderstood could be very misleading which is the main reason we have Boko haram claiming to fight for the sake of Allah with islamic verses of this sort. You can go through the image that comes with this post to see a very concise explanation of some the verses you've quoted above. I don't have enough time to explain all of them but I guess this is more than enough, that's why I said what I said earlier.

Re: We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) by hamsky: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2012
Beync: Someone said alah is the same as almighty God,its not true pls. The true God does not approve of physical war today. He said vengeance is for him even if anyone persecutes u. while allah say kills non believer and those who persecute u. While God said our fight is not of physical but against wicked spirit in the high place high places. If they said allah is God almighty they would believe in Jesus who is son of God but they believe mohamed son of allah. Where is the correlation? There is not link between light and darkness abeg.

Hope this answers your question after all Google wasn't designed by the Muslims

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Politicising National Tragedy — Buhari / LG Autonomy: Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In FG Suit Against Governors / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.