Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? (939 Views)

Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) / Trending ..#teamopenletter. Name Just One Person U Have A Deep Crush On..or Love / I Am Scared He Is Cheating On Me. I Dont Know What To Do. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by chucket(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
I had known my girlfriend for almost a life time,
we loved eachother so much.I didn't fall in love with her rather I grew into love with her.
We knew were going to get married someday and we've been working towards that.

But we went for a genotype test the other day and we both happen to be AS!
I am confused on what to do! Do I forget science and marry her or should science decide my love?

Help me out I beg u good naira land users!

It feels like standing at the gate of hell!
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by opokonwa(m): 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2007
@poster

I'ld like you to reconsider your actions before you do it in the name of love.

I wouldn't want you to bring to the world a suffering child. embarassed
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by chychy(f): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2007
U have to really think hard before u take a decision. AS means u're gonna have sicklers and u may not, is it worth takin the risk?
in some cases, u might have just an AA kid and the rest'll be AS,

Personally, i'd choose love ova science but my dear i've never been in ur shoes so it might be easier for me to say love.

It's scary having to think of the financial, emotional and psychological trauma u could go thru in the future and later on in life u ight ask urself was it really worth it.

Sit down, picture urself married to her and already with kids, picture the good and the bad and sincerely answer d question.

Goodluck
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by drrionelli(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2007
@chucket:
Why not incorporate science and love? Consider that you can still get married and adopt your children.  You'd be helping more than you'll ever realize in that capacity.
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:45am On Nov 07, 2007
geeez, this must be a tough one for you both sad
am kind of lost in this area undecided, because as much as i would want you both to get married
you also have to consider the sufferings this poor child would go through.
but i think its still possible. i have a cousin who's a SS, he's 26years now, and has outgrown it.
but i must say it was not easy, but i know what really helped him was mistletoe leaf tea. the natural mistletoe. the ones that grow on guava and orange tree and other drugs, i know it can be managed.

if you know you really want to go through this, then i suggest you have to be really prepared for both the emotional, psychological war you both might go through and the physical war your child might have to go through, sad
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by spoilt(f): 12:52am On Nov 07, 2007
sickle cell has been succesfully managed in developed countries with drugs and good medical care. Its in nigeria/africa that its still big deal. (no pun intended ejo)
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 07, 2007
Bros, if i were in ur shoes i'd marry her.
Unfortunate that you are in Nigeria. Here you can easily determine the genotype of ur baby and then you can decide to terminate the pregnancy if it turns out to be SS.
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by chucket(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2007
Thanks all of you who have tried to come to my rescue.
All ur suggestions are in line with what I'd been thinking of eversince.

It is not easy task and it takes a mature mind to take a step here,
I definitely will be taking a step!

I am not going back on any decision you people help me to take.

Dear, davidlyn I am not in nigeria but in the UK.What baffles me is that
the GPs here seem not to know enough about the management.

Thanks to you wonderful friends!
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by spoilt(f): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2007
chucket:

I am not in nigeria but in the UK.What baffles me is that
the GPs here seem not to know enough about the management.

Sickle cell is a black man's disease. for some reason it doesnt plague white people thats why they may not know a lot about it. But i wish you the best and you may not even have a sickle cell child. My husband's brother defied his family and married his sweetheart. They are both AS. They have 2 sons. none sicklers! much to the relief of his whole family. grin
Re: Please Do Help Me Now! Science Or Love? by chucket(m): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
spoilt,
tenx for ur encouragement.I also would wish to have my kids without any of them being sicklers!
If it would take prayers,pls do pray for me ok?

I can't imagine looking for someone else to love.
I have loved and I have loved!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Idea Age To A Lady To Get Married / My Girl Just Left Me / Why Do Muslim Guys Prefer To Date Christians Gals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.