Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine (931 Views)

Lieutenant Tobi Cohen, The Nigerian in Israeli Army / Police Denies Killing Over 5,000 Nigerians Unlawfully / Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine by bilms(m): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2012
Dear patriots,

It is our duty to extend brotherly care and concern to every Nigerian home and abroad, and as well do the little we can in ensuring the safety of our country men and women.

The information I have is as follows, in summary: six months ago, during a racist attack on foreigners in the city of lugansk, Ukraine, a Nigerian student(Femi Sunkanmi Olaolu) was attacked by 4 boys, 2 girls, all Ukrainians. He was forced to defend himself against these elements. In the process of defending himself, he inflicted some wounds on them. They went to the hospital and documents were secured for infliction of wounds. He was subsequently arrested and kept in prison without trial since then. I learnt that one of the supposed victim (Ukrainian) has a police relative or parent, and so vowed to deal ruthlessly with him the narrator said.. The Nigerian embassy representative came but did not return after the last visit. I have taken up the responsibility of organizing protests for his release. I mobilized all television stations and the protest was aired on news channels across Ukraine. We need attention directed at this situation.

Can anyone help in this regards to notify the appropriate authorities about this incident..

Here is a contact of the Nigerian consular officer in Ukraine +380631849734

The person who has been working tirelessly to ensure justice is Osarumen David-Izevbokun, a Phd student in international relations,you can contact him on +380996634509, kingdomosas@yahoo.com

here is the link which reported the news,but it is not in English language.
http://v-variant.lg.ua/region/41980-nigeriyskie-studenty-vooruzhivshis-guashyu-trebuyut-otpustit-svoego-sootechestvennika-iz-sizo.html
Re: Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine by bilms(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine by BlackPikiN(m): 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
Do we have an embassy in Ukraine?

The embassy or possibly contact House of Rep member, Abike Dabiri.
Re: Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine by bilms(m): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
yes, we have an embassy...

the consular is one Mr Isa.....This guy need help and probably a lawyer now as i gathered that the case is now in court

(1) (Reply)

Total Amount Of Money Looted Since 2006 / What Is The MAULAG Saga Really About? / TUC, Others Bemoan Effects Of Deregulation On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.