Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,825 members, 7,945,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program (1978 Views)

10 Reasons Why Edinburgh Business School Offers The Best Mba Program In Nigeria. / Which One Is The Best,mba Or Msc Econs / Where Is The Best Mba In Nigeria And Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by scruffyway: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2012
I recently got MBA program admission into 6 different universities in the UK and I would like to ask those
who know stuffs about this to comment. Kindly help me with your best 3 using any criteria whatsoever.
I need to make my decision before Mid of May

1. University of Greenwich
2. University of Exerter
3. University of Northumbria
4. University of Bedfordshire
5. University of Coventry
6. University of Gourcestershire

1. And also,please can a student of a taught program such as MBA do a PHD in a research program later
2. Whats the implication of an AMBA accreditation on MBA programs within the Nigerian environment

I really would want folks in the house to help me with this issues
Thanks
Re: HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by smith27: 2:13am On Apr 17, 2012
University of Greenwich is the best but its very expensive
Re: HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by IMANCO: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2012
smith27: University of Greenwich is the best but its very expensive

That is not true, where did u get ur information from. University of Greenwich is in the bottom 94 out of 112 universities in the UK rated for MBA courses, Gloucester is number 57,Exeter is number 11,Northumbria is 61, Conventry is 97 while Bedfordshire is 99.

I have a second degree from a UK University and Greenwich is a low rated shipping and marine college , converted into a university. That is why they have such low rating. If u have money and you are academically sound, i will advice you go to Exeter.
If you dont have much money and You wish to work in Oil and Gas and you want value for your MBA money, i will recommend Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland. At the moment, they rate top 15 in the UK see http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2010/jun/04/university-guide-business-and-management-studies.

If you wish to do a PHD later, an Msc , either taught or reseach will better suit you. People with MBA's usually go for the DBA , later.

Only top companys value the AMBA membership. I also know RGU and Exeter and probably Northumbria are AMBA members. I am not sure of the other schools.

Good luck in your decisions.

I hope this helps...

Cheers

1 Like

Re: HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by IMANCO: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2012
Sorry, that link was for University ratings last year. RGU is now number 19, in 2012, which is still very good , compared to their fees.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-business-management-studies
Re: HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by dabigwalls: 11:36am On May 27, 2012
Select a school in your list that has the AACS accreditation. They are the bet that have or have had it.

My opinion.
Re: HELP: Which of these UK Schools has the Best MBA Program by Chydobe: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2022
United Kingdom (UK) is home to one of the finest and top ranked schools in the world. United Kingdom has the best school facilities and takes great pride in the quality and standards her school possess.

It is worthy of note to state that, on the list of global university ranking, two UK schools sit comfortably amongs the top 5 schools in the world. This article brings to your knowledge the best top 10 universities in UK and reasons why they made the top 10 universities in UK list.

Click on the link below to see the list of top best universities in UK

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-uk-best-ranked-universities-in-uk/

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin 2012/2013 Remedial/pre-degree Application Commences!!! / Please Help. What Does It Meant 'to Legalize A Certificate?? / Medicine Or Masters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.