Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,112 members, 7,880,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Would Atheists Say About This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Atheists Say About This? (1907 Views)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Atheists Say About This? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
It may sound childish but it makes perfect sense. I just wanna get your opinions.

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by logicboy: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
Lol, did you copy and paste this fiction again?

Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by LogicMind: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by mkmyers45(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
what the Bleep? einstein? you must be on cheap crack
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Heathen(m): 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
The student is trolling his professor.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by ea7(m): 2:24am On Apr 17, 2012
fail
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2012
*hiss*
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2012
mkmyers45: what the Bleep? einstein? you must be on cheap crack
and why is that Mr?
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2012
@OP
How does you know a human has a brain without peeping?!
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by mkmyers45(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
ekwah:
and why is that Mr?
where did you get this copy and paste?
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by buzugee(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
logicboy: Lol, did you copy and paste this fiction again?

Logic Mind:
lmao. tweedledee and tweedledum.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by logicboy: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
Wassap Buzugee?
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 18, 2012
The point here is pretty clear. There is absolutely no one earth who completely SHOWS NO FAITH IN SOMETHING, even the so-called atheist.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Callotti: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2012
*yawns*

Anything is better believed than that immaculate r-ape and conception I tellya!
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by ea7(m): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2012
ekwah: The point here is pretty clear. There is absolutely no one earth who completely SHOWS NO FAITH IN SOMETHING, even the so-called atheist.
there ias a different between blind and justified faith, the example above, speech/dialogue what ever is a lie made up by christians, check it out by using google. Christians defending their god with lies lol. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
ekwah: The point here is pretty clear. There is absolutely no one earth who completely SHOWS NO FAITH IN SOMETHING, even the so-called atheist.
Faith is the act of not thinking and is synonymous to blindness.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by numo86(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
@ the end of d day we all have to put faith in something or believe something.....abi?
Either in evolution,darwins words or in d almighty God(Yahweh).....

When we all argue its either we theists quote frm d bible or quaran to prove God created everytin or if an atheist,try to quote words of previous atheists,books,evolution etc...

Only time will tell who has been correct all along.....

But 1 thing I'm damn sure of is that behind all things created wether seen or unseen there is an intelligent powerful being behind it all....

And we all know who that is.......
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by LogicMind: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
numo86: @ the end of d day we all have to put faith in something or believe something.....abi?
Either in evolution,darwins words or in d almighty God(Yahweh).....

When we all argue its either we theists quote frm d bible or quaran to prove God created everytin or if an atheist,try to quote words of previous atheists,books,evolution etc...

Only time will tell who has been correct all along.....

But 1 thing I'm damn sure of is that behind all things created wether seen or unseen there is an intelligent powerful being behind it all....

And we all know who that is.......

yes, we do. he's hiding behind his creation as you said waiting till we all die to show himself. you get the image?
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 19, 2012
Logic mind have you seen evolution in action before? NO
Did Darwin see evolution in action? NO
Has any scientist seen evolution in action? NO

Have I seen God in action YES!!!

I don't even understand how reasonable men put faith in the soooo limited knowledge/power of fellow men. I am not a Christian because of stories mehhn. Wetin my eyes don see, mouth no fit talk. Una just dey deceive una self, simple! If you get your so called "logic mind" and also shine ya eyes wella? U go see say u are on the wrong track mehn. NO ONE can deny Gads existence. laye e no dey happen.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by LogicMind: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2012
ekwah:
Logic mind have you seen evolution in action before? YES
Did Darwin see evolution in action? YES
Has any scientist seen evolution in action? YES

see https://www.nairaland.com/917045/heavy-blow-atheists/1

Have I seen God in action YES!!! Where exactly did you see him and what was he doing?

I don't even understand how reasonable men put faith in the soooo limited knowledge/power of fellow men. me neither. I am not a Christian because of stories mehhn. Really? (roll eyes) Wetin my eyes don see, mouth no fit talk. We have heard it all before. Una just dey deceive una self, simple! If you get your so called "logic mind" and also shine ya eyes wella? U go see say u are on the wrong track mehn. please show me the way. NO ONE can deny Gads existence. At all! laye e no dey happen. It just did. oops!
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 10:41am On Apr 19, 2012
ekwah: Logic mind have you seen evolution in action before? NO

I don't even understand how reasonable men put faith in the soooo limited knowledge/power of fellow men. I am not a Christian because of stories mehhn. Wetin my eyes don see, mouth no fit talk. Una just dey deceive una self, simple! If you get your so called "logic mind" and also shine ya eyes wella? U go see say u are on the wrong track mehn. NO ONE can deny Gads existence. laye e no dey happen.
BITC.H! Quit saying rubbish!! There is no scientific principle that states all evidence or theories MUST perceived by sight!
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2012
there's one born everyday
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by yommy2sure(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2012
Kay 17:
Faith is the act of not thinking and is synonymous to blindness.
wow...i bet we are all blind then! The bed you slept on, did u check whether it could support ur weight 2ruot the nyt? U just assumed it wont...thats blind faith, the food u eat evryday, do you analyse it chemically to know if therez poison in it? No. Blind faith. The house u live in do you do structural analysis of it evrysecond to know it wont collapse on you at any minute, no...blind faith. So wats ur point?
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by LogicMind: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2012
yommy2sure: wow...i bet we are all blind then! The bed you slept on, did u check whether it could support ur weight 2ruot the nyt? U just assumed it wont...thats blind faith, the food u eat evryday, do you analyse it chemically to know if therez poison in it? No. Blind faith. The house u live in do you do structural analysis of it evrysecond to know it wont collapse on you at any minute, no...blind faith. So wats ur point?

no those are not blind faith.
beds have been proven to support weights. infact my bed was built with this purpose in mind.
the food i eat daily have been tested previously and approved for human consumption. I am also careful as is everyone else about the type of food we put in our mouth.
there is no need to structurally analyse my house everyday except if there is a serious risk of collapse- in which case i would be very foolish to continue lining under it.
you see, nothing is blind faith. we analyse, chose and sometimes even gamble on off chances. but never blindly.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2012
ekwah: Logic mind have you seen evolution in action before? NO

BITC.H!! Quit saying rubbish! There is no scientific principle that declares all evidence and theories must be visible to the eye. Black holes, point of singularity, gravity, the millions of galaxies, Sun's lifespan, cosmic revolutions all can't be seen!!
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Kay17: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2012
yommy2sure: wow...i bet we are all blind then! The bed you slept on, did u check whether it could support ur weight 2ruot the nyt? U just assumed it wont...thats blind faith, the food u eat evryday, do you analyse it chemically to know if therez poison in it? No. Blind faith. The house u live in do you do structural analysis of it evrysecond to know it wont collapse on you at any minute, no...blind faith. So wats ur point?
confidence in my bed or food or my house does NOT amount to knowledge. Why will I say I know my food isn't poisoned? Or my house is in perfectly built when I don't know anything about structural engineering?

Pls separate faith from knowledge. Faith doesn't tell us something new, or separate errors from truth.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2012
Kay 17:
BITC.H!! Quit saying rubbish! There is no scientific principle that declares all evidence and theories must be visible to the eye. Black holes, point of singularity, gravity, the millions of galaxies, Sun's lifespan, cosmic revolutions all can't be seen!!
Then you must agree that GOD must have some of those unseen but measurable qualities of a black hole grin grin so how do we find him G
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by brainpulse: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ Logicmind

Have you seen death before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel death before, talked to death before, analysed death, empiricalized death.Why do you believe you will die? Is it because some people are dying?( then you must be crazy, death its not real). Do death tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of death? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does death operates on? What is the temperature of death? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of death"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will death die? Who gave birth to death?

Pls every question must have an answer.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by LogicMind: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ brainpulse

Have you seen olelewambewa before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel olelewambewa before, talked to olelewambewa before, analysed olelewambewa, empiricalized olelewambewa.Why do you believe you will olelewa? Is it because some people are olelewambewaing?( then you must be crazy, olelewambewa its not real). Do olelewambewa tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of olelewambewa? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does olelewambewa operates on? What is the temperature of olelewambewa? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of olelewambewa"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will olelewambewa die? Who gave birth to olelewambewa?

Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by Idango(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
There is no african who can tell me he is genuinely an atheist, deep down in their hearts they all know there is God. Because in Africa , the basic difference among africans is not the question of whether there is God. The difference is what is the right channel to God and that is why the different religions. Among idol worshippers not too far back we see real manifestation of supernaturer powers. Among the yoruba's an idol they call iseyin could audibly talk to people. Those are demonic manifestations from the devil but they are real and shows there are supernaturer powers. An african cannot genuinely say he dont about God except he is a condemned reprobate.

Secondly, there is no christian who has genuinely (ever) given his life to christ that can say there is no God. Because that person has seen or is seeing the manifestation of God in his life. This manifestations can not be measured in the lab. If you want to experience God and test that God exist do it the proper way. Give your life to christ and put him to test and you will see that he is mighty in power.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by brainpulse: 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind: @ brainpulse

Have you seen olelewambewa before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel olelewambewa before, talked to olelewambewa before, analysed olelewambewa, empiricalized olelewambewa.Why do you believe you will olelewa? Is it because some people are olelewambewaing?( then you must be crazy, olelewambewa its not real). Do olelewambewa tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of olelewambewa? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does olelewambewa operates on? What is the temperature of olelewambewa? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of olelewambewa"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will olelewambewa die? Who gave birth to olelewambewa?

You don't need to be sarcastic when you are in a confused state of mind. I am still waiting for your answer , since you must prove everything before you believe. Lets just say you are a confused person that have expectations to so many things in life and believes God should be held responsible for his inability and failure to achieve this. Then he results to zero in his mind that their is no God.
Re: What Would Atheists Say About This? by brainpulse: 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
Idango:
Secondly, there is no christian who has genuinely (ever) given his life to christ that can say there is no God. Because that person has seen or is seeing the manifestation of God in his life. This manifestations can not be measured in the lab. If you want to experience God and test that God exist do it the proper way. Give your life to christ and put him to test and you will see that he is mighty in power.

I Like this

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Heaven?if u want to enter heaven read this!!! / OMG! See This 7 Headed Snake / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.