Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,702 members, 7,969,050 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:07 PM

The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (40572 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Nigerians In London Witness The Ibori Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:
Job ke! You want him to steal more money in prison?

Nah, the jobs in prison don't involve money, it's just to keep people busy. He would probably work as a cleaner or in the kitchen.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Goldieluks: 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
Shymmex no doubt you've been to the prison before, am I right?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by francis247(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
This is a big shame to the Nigerian 'Justhief' system!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28:

Plse god let it be brixton! Although I've heard wandsworth is full of sycopaths, bt this punk needs to gt gang r.aped!

Looooool!!! It's gonna be peak for him in Brixton, or belmarsh.. Wandsworth has got bare naija mans as well..
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
Bo-large:
IBORI NEVER MIND, 13 YEARS WILL SOON BE OVER IT IS APPROXIMATELY 7.5 YEARS OVER THERE.

WE SHALL STILL WELCOME YOU TO DELTA STATE WITH A RED CARPET.

YOU ARE STILL THE BEST GOVERNOR DELTA STATE HAD EVER PRODUCED.

YOUR WORKS ARE NOW DETERIORATING BECOS YOU HANDED OVER TO A WRONG PERSON.

CHEER UP IBORI. YOU ARE JUST UNFORTUNATE. THOSE THAT STOLE FAR FAR ABOVE YOU ARE CRUISING ROUND THE COUNTRY.

EFCC WILL SOON BE SCRAPPED AND STEALING CONTINUES.

WE DELTANS ARE PRAYING FOR U IN THIS HARD TIMES.

ITS WELL.

Thank you my brother. . .I will see you when I'm finally out. grin

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by cap28: 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

Nah, the jobs in prison don't involve money, it's just to keep people busy. He would probably work as a cleaner or in the kitchen.
Any chance tht he'll be beaten to death by an inmate jst like serial killer jeffrey dahmer?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Goldieluks: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
Bo-large:
IBORI NEVER MIND, 13 YEARS WILL SOON BE OVER IT IS APPROXIMATELY 7.5 YEARS OVER THERE.

WE SHALL STILL WELCOME YOU TO DELTA STATE WITH A RED CARPET.

YOU ARE STILL THE BEST GOVERNOR DELTA STATE HAD EVER PRODUCED.

YOUR WORKS ARE NOW DETERIORATING BECOS YOU HANDED OVER TO A WRONG PERSON.

CHEER UP IBORI. YOU ARE JUST UNFORTUNATE. THOSE THAT STOLE FAR FAR ABOVE YOU ARE CRUISING ROUND THE COUNTRY.

EFCC WILL SOON BE SCRAPPED AND STEALING CONTINUES.

WE DELTANS ARE PRAYING FOR U IN THIS HARD TIMES.

ITS WELL.

Yes oooooooh. Odidigboigbo !!!!!!! Nothing dey happen!!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

A whole state governor of delta state ?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Goldieluks: Shymmex no doubt you've been to the prison before, am I right?

Nah, I have been to prison - and I have NO criminal record.. I was just on remand for some madness a couple of years ago, but I was discharge and acquitted when they found the REAL CULPRITS...

I used to be a road man - and I have heard loads of jail stories.. Half of man dem from the estate where I grew up are either in the bin, or have been to the bin.. So, I know wag1 in there, you get me?

I'm not a saint but I don't have any criminal record..

Don't mind my grammar, I'm psoting from my phone.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by faithin9ja: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex: He's going to spend 4yrs in the bin. Can anyone tell me the prison he's gonna spend his time? I'm guess it's gonna be either Brixton, or Wandsworth... Damn! This guy is going to live on chips, halal, slice bread, and baked beans - and I hope he's gonna be in a shared prison.

To those thinking UK prison is a joke, you guys have lost your damn minds. 23hrs lock down is NO joke, it's gonna mess you up mentally. Do you know how many guys commit suicide in there yearly?? The only way he won't feel the time that much is if he can get a job in there... Ibori is definitely gonna get moved to if he spends his time in a London prison; I know the naija mandem in there won't show him any love, and he's gonna get robbed everyday..

Shymx you know Brixton and Wanno are holding only, they'll move him to D cat very soon and in two years when he reaches his F.L.E.D date he will start his weekly day release.

However the biggy is when they do his confiscation order; the British authorities make it clear that one cannot benfit from their proceeds of crime, as such it's not just the amount he has admitted but any assets that the court believes is proceeds of crime means that he will have to pay this back. They will probably give him 18 or 24 months to pay 'cash' something like $250 million. If he doesn't pay this, another 7 years or so will be added to his sentence, but even then if he serves the additional 7 years the money will still need to be paid.

So it's not that easy for him.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by ak47mann(m): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
this is how correct system suppose to be...............
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by naijapay: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28:
Any chance tht he'll be beaten to death by an inmate jst like serial killer jeffrey dahmer?

Haba!That will be over the top! Na only money him launder now!

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

He only goes to London. Fear no go let am near America, where he is wanted for drug offences.
One "Odidigborigbo of Africa," next will will be the drug prince:

MMoron, he only goes to London and ur brain didnt tell u thats even risky on its own because of extradition issues. These useless docs u constantly display here on nairaland is just what i called it...........NONSENSE.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28:

I don't think so because he's not gonna be in the same prison block as long timers. Only lifers can do that in prison because they have nothing to lose.. He might be shanked, or rushed a couple of time - but I doubt he will be killed. And I don't think he's gonna get raped as well becos UK prison are not like the ones in yank. That can only happen if his cell mate is gay.. He may commit suicide though, he can't cope with the 23hrs lock down and the shitty food or probably if he becomes a target by everyone..
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Goldieluks: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

Nah, I have been to prison - and I have NO criminal record.. I was just on remand for some madness a couple of years ago, but I was discharge and acquitted when they found the REAL CULPRITS...

I used to be a road man - and I have heard loads of jail stories.. Half of man dem from the estate where I grew up are either in the bin, or have been to the bin.. So, I know wag1 in there, you get me?

I'm not a saint but I don't have any criminal record..

Don't mind my grammar, I'm psoting from my phone.

I see where you got your knowledge from. But guy that is my ex-governor. Be polite! grin sad angry
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by goldng: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
Is this true?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by cap28: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
Shymmex i dnt want this guy to leave his cell for one day , I wnt the punk to be so disorientated frm ythe sxual abuse tht he will be permanently confined to his cell - any chance of tht happeng? This is the one thing I luv abt the amerikkkan criminl justice system,had it been tht this punk hd been convctd there he wld hve been lookg at a prisn sentnce of nthg less thn fifty yrs.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:
They will all go down, bruv. A thief is a thief is a thief.
Tinubu and IBB are the next thieves of "Ibori" quality.

Shut ur trap boy. Asiwaju travel all over the world without any form of molestation. that doesnt mean he is a saint though. Ask Obong Victor Attah, Dariye or even Alams to try their luck just like Tinubu
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Goldieluks: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28:

Yes, only in your head. undecided
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
faithin9ja:

Shymx you know Brixton and Wanno are holding only, they'll move him to D cat very soon and in two years when he reaches his F.L.E.D date he will start his weekly day release.

However the biggy is when they do his confiscation order; the British authorities make it clear that one cannot benfit from their proceeds of crime, as such it's not just the amount he has admitted but any assets that the court believes is proceeds of crime means that he will have to pay this back. They will probably give him 18 or 24 months to pay 'cash' something like $250 million. If he doesn't pay this, another 7 years or so will be added to his sentence, but even then if he serves the additional 7 years the money will still need to be paid.

So it's not that easy for him.

The money won't be a problem because I think he probably has billions stacked up somewhere.. He may refuse to pay the money, and spend the full sentence.. It's no biggy any ways.. I know a naija uncle who was sentence to 10yrs for £8milli, and they asked him to pay £1milli - and he refused to pay the money. He was released after spending his 10yrs and he's still living large on London. He was even accepted into free masonary.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by zalatan(m): 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
only God no weada oyibo dey corrupt,ibori fit comout 2moro mornin 4 appeal
shocked
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Goldieluks: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28: Shymmex i dnt want this guy to leave his cell for one day , I wnt the punk to be so disorientated frm ythe sxual abuse tht he will be permanently confined to his cell - any chance of tht happeng? This is the one thing I luv abt the amerikkkan criminl justice system,had it been tht this punk hd been convctd there he wld hve been lookg at a prisn sentnce of nthg less thn fifty yrs.

Unfortunately for you and your cohort, ibori was arrested in a UK prison, not in an American prison. So your dreams and wishes for him to get rape.d and killed will not come to pass, sorry.

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
cap28: Shymmex i dnt want this guy to leave his cell for one day , I wnt the punk to be so disorientated frm ythe sxual abuse tht he will be permanently confined to his cell - any chance of tht happeng? This is the one thing I luv abt the amerikkkan criminl justice system,had it been tht this punk hd been convctd there he wld hve been lookg at a prisn sentnce of nthg less thn fifty yrs.

Looool.. He's rich and I know his family will stack his prison account with loads of money for his weekly shopping - so he won't have to beg to suck dycks for anything. And becos the prison is 23hrs lock down, I doubt he will be raped, except if his prison mate is gay.. He may be shanked in the court yard during morning exercise or something - but that's about itm
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

That is a foolish argument. By the way, you can download the very same "useless" document from the American court that slammed Tinubu; he is a drug pusher.
They are all thieves and mofo's.

Ibori down, Tinubu next.

U wrong again mmmoron. Even ur master the Retardeen thinks otherwise, if not he wouldnt have saluted the Asiwaju just weeks ago.

http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2012/03/29/20120329N01.html
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
I thought ibori has immunity na ? cheesy

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by naijanedu(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by chucky234(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
Haba judge,this man deserve 50 year sentence nah
13 years na 5 years on parole while 50 would have been fair enough for the enormous financial crimes he committed.
Anyway cardiac arrest will not spare him
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by lazinc(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
Great news. Please when will the likes of Peter Odili travel to the UK? smiley
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Beaf: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
Goldieluks:

Stop pretending to be a fool. Am a proud Deltan

No decent man should address you the way he did, except he is a filthy ill-bred coward who probably beats women.
Use the report link so that he can be banned or complain to a mod here: https://www.nairaland.com/490918/lets-complaints-here/97

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo All Smiles At The Presidential Villa / Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, Tinubu Rejected It, Is All Really Well In APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.