Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,771 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:10 AM

Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria (40598 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by chino24: 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
Slizbeat: Criously wen u talk of roads, kano shud b best apart 4rm abuja cos roads r meant to b built where they av impt rather dan where they dnt lyk in akwa-ibom. Dat also applies to anambra, imo, jigawa nd kaduna, they ol built roads where they av impt xcept dat anambra neva did d mst impt road wich z 4rm onitsha to awka.
As 4 lagos, they r tryin bt nids more effort rather than concerntrating on lagos island alone.

You have made alot of sense. I buy your postulation. As for Onitsha-Awka expressway, it is presently under massive reconstruction. I don't know whether it is the FG or state that is doing the road now.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Josh316(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
dadicvila: i heard there are electric trains in Aba too,indeed Ochendu is working...Ochendu for president 2015,Ndi igbo should support him oO!!

shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I also heard Ochendo has built series of Underground rail tracks....and an airport at ABA... BA is to start direct flights from ABA to London Heathrow by next month cheesy
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Holumighty(m): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
Oyo State--Ogbomoso
Yola---Numan
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by EPOMA(m): 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
In Nairaland we always seems to go out of context, in the first place all this places we have been mentioning, are they all cities.we are not talking about connecting roads but roads in the cities. I don't know much so I won't be a judge
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by BabaTony: 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
deshclones: UYO....and most part of Akwa-ibom

just got back from that beautiful city..wonderful and smooth roads...but sadly very few cars.... grin grin grin grin

I think the number of cars in uyo is just perfect for me, I hate what I'm going thru here in lagos due to overcrowding. The whole state is planned in such a way that ppl don't need to live in uyo to enjoy basic public amenities.

2 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by iiiyyyk(m): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
justsmile:
oh plzzzzzzzz.... save yourself the headache! who told you some of us haven't been to them cities!!! in fact, you don't even need to be there to know the state of the roads! just drop your opinion and free yourself!!! grin

so you have become a magician. you will stay in sokoto and know how the roads in asaba are?
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 21, 2012
Jarus: Ilorin and Sokoto have good road networks.
thank you my guy....I'm surprised I didn't see anybody mention Ilorin since.....åfter abuja.Ilorin has got the roads!!!!!! Believe me..... Contrary to a typical nigerian city, you will never fall into a pothole in ilorin city....... Infact, I took a drive round the city today and I felt like kissing everywhere cos it was so clean(there is a cleaning service that takes care of that)! The road network was great.....almost every area is accessible with a car.... And ilorin is a beautiful city generally...thumbs up to the governor!

Ilorin is such a beauty....bt many haven't discovered that yet...I'm telling you!!!!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by MrEverest(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2012
Abuja
Uyo
Owerri
Enugu
Lagos Island

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by MrEverest(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Justosaus: Anyone who's ever been to Abuja 'll know dat it beats every other city hands down. I hear its even called the second london (cf wikipedia). The place is a joy to behold. Calabar too has some very good roads but is not as clean as abj
this is fallacy, though ABJ has good roads by naija standard bt still lags behind some other african capitals eg Nairobi n Jo,bourg. In terms of neatness owerri n calabar is ahead. ABJ is over rated!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
Keneking: Lekki Expressway
Abuja
Benin Ore highway after Ore
wow..dddnt knw lekki expressway was a city wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
anywayz i thnk its uyo, abj and then owerri

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
Swarzie: Which nigerian city has the best roads?
I think Akwa Ibom is really upgrading the state infrastrution,this is just some beautification being done in akwa Ibom by Nigerpet structures ltd..Apart from this the governor is really doing a good turning the urban city with beautification...this are some pics..

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
Charles1234:
I think Akwa Ibom is really upgrading the state infrastrution,this is just some beautification being done in akwa Ibom by Nigerpet structures ltd..Apart from this the governor is really doing a good turning the urban city with beautification...this are some pics..
,Also you can click on the link and there are some picture you can look at some of the remodling of the urban city of Uyo...http://akwaibomstatepms.org/ProjectDetails.aspx?dProjID=47&PCID=1

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 11:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
Charles1234:

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 12:09am On Jun 10, 2012
[quote author=Charles1234][/quote]
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2012
Charles1234:
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2012

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 2:34am On Jun 10, 2012
Charles1234:

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 2:35am On Jun 10, 2012
Charles1234: ,Also you can click on the link and there are some picture you can look at some of the remodling of the urban city of Uyo...http://akwaibomstatepms.org/ProjectDetails.aspx?dProjID=47&PCID=1

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 2:46am On Jun 10, 2012
More pics from Uyo Akwa Ibom,the high ways you are seeing are all federal road but being constructed by the Governor,this are road entering Akwa Ibom State or Uyo!!!

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2012
Charles1234: More pics from Uyo -- Akwa Ibom state !!!

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 6:18am On Jun 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 6:27am On Jun 10, 2012
Now can someone say to me why shouldn't Akpabio be awarded..this are all first class constructions and secondly ,the infrastructures deveolopment is just too massive for the state with few car runing on the roads and apart from that the rural area are all connected the urban development.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Charles1234: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
BabaTony:

I think the number of cars in uyo is just perfect for me, I hate what I'm going thru here in lagos due to overcrowding. The whole state is planned in such a way that ppl don't need to live in uyo to enjoy basic public amenities.

Hey man you are right,I posted some pics of uyo ..
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by eexx: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
suolboy: Abuja na. No need to ask again.

Sokoto is a major city but not to that extent. been there so many times
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by eexx: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Charles1234: Now can someone say to me why shouldn't Akpabio be awarded..this are all first class constructions and secondly ,the infrastructures deveolopment is just too massive for the state with few car runing on the roads and apart from that the rural area are all connected the urban development.

Abegi, If we see better thing make we talk tru. I know that a couple of state governors are also doing well, but this man stands out. although he praises his achievements and markets the state a lot. He actually does deliver very nice infrastructure.

If he can achieve all that he has announced before he leaves office in 2015 such as

Main terminal building for airport
completion of tropicana
completion of all ongoing and proposed road projects as well as Urban renewal and upgrade for other urban areas around the state,
etc. to mention just a few

then the state will no doubt be in the top 3 best states in Nigeria by which ever way u want to look at it. Also, We pray that hes successor continues the trend of quality infrastructure development.

Nice one Akpabio
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by eexx: 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
ZUBY77: Having been to many cities in NIgeria, i would say
Abuja - wide roads and newly constructed too...
Enugu - smooth marked and british planned roads that circled the city from everywhere. Beautiful as Potsdam City in East Germany.
Calabar and Uyo in the distant third and fourth.

as much as I agree that Enugu has nice roads, the roads in Uyo are simply standard setting roads for Nigeria. Only Abuja that actually does have generally better roads than Uyo. All newly constructed roads in Uyo are neatly and appropriately marked. I get even more impressed seeing that other urban areas and some rural areas in Akwa Ibom have standard roads with markings on them. For that reason alone, Akwa Ibom as a state has better roads that the FCT which is supposed to be the standard setter. Akwa Ibom indeed is witnessing infrastructure upgrade and people only need to visit the state and see for themselves. I wish other states in the country can follow suite interms of quality of infrastructure
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
I must say Uyo has very great road network. Typing this from there now. This beats Sokoto and Ilorin that I had earlier nominated on this thread.

Meanwhile, were all these done by Gov Akpabio or his predecessors?
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
Darn, Uyo roads are something else.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by tpia5: 2:45am On Aug 14, 2012
more contributions plz.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2012
Jarus: I must say Uyo has very great road network. Typing this from there now. This beats Sokoto and Ilorin that I had earlier nominated on this thread.

Meanwhile, were all these done by Gov Akpabio or his predecessors?

my guy is chopping $ for out of station cheesy cheesy
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 7:52am On Aug 15, 2012
Slizbeat: Criously wen u talk of roads, kano shud b best apart 4rm abuja cos roads r meant to b built where they av impt rather dan where they dnt lyk in akwa-ibom. Dat also applies to anambra, imo, jigawa nd kaduna, they ol built roads where they av impt xcept dat anambra neva did d mst impt road wich z 4rm onitsha to awka.
As 4 lagos, they r tryin bt nids more effort rather than concerntrating on lagos island alone.
you don't know what you are saying.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
oyb:

my guy is chopping $ for out of station cheesy cheesy
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Begins Immediate Fixing Of 3rd Mainland Bridge - Photos / Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation / Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.