Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,555 members, 7,941,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? (14751 Views)

Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by logica(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
itunu_07:

Hmmm... So av finally found the person who defrauded my mum's ecobank account.. Landed landed us in lack for over two years almost dropd outta skool.. because of him my mum dont use ATM no more,neidr d stupid ecobank cos dey made no move to refund it... God will surely judge him or whoever did it..
How did he "defraud" the account?
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2013
Benwems: Its seems disturbing that fraudulent people have taken over google trader nigeria. These people should get a life!!!
Exactly...and that is what we are trying to prevent on NL.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by laidback(m): 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
logica: How did he "defraud" the account?

Seriously, I also want to know oh!
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
there is virtually almost no trade site that one cant get scammed. It is not about the site, rather it is about doing due diligence before parting with your money. A lot of people are just plain stupid and wait on God to judge their predators. They are just too trusting and very lazy to do due diligence before consummating any transaction. Ask the seller to deliver to your office or visit theirs. Check and test product very well and ask for warranty. Are there more scammers on google trader than there are on alibaba? No! Pay on delivery, simple. If the seller is in a different city, ask for address so you can send a friend over to check the product or the seller can send the product to a friend in your city or nearby city and have them deliver to you while you pay on delivery. Just some tips.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by anitank(f): 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
Once saw a samsung galaxy note for sale at N50,000, called the phone number I saw and the guy that picked the call said I'll have to pay N5000 into their account first before delivery since they don't know me.......imagine!

I asked him who among us was supposed to be concerned about not knowing each other, he that owns the phone or me that was going to pay the money without seeing the phone. The arguement went on for about a minute before he hung up on me gringrin

Now imagine how many people that would fall for that and pay the N5000 because they think they saw a brand new galaxy note at a cheap rate
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
PLEASE STAY OFF GOOGLE TRADER NIGERIA! MY SUMMARY.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by informatix: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Mr. Balogun is selling Luxus jeep 1,1000,000.
RS350 08039589080. Can you Imagine Lexus jeep RS350@ 1,100,000. Hmmmm i pity dmugu we go fall for this.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by souleymon(m): 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
How come this is Making Frontpage
and wunmi allen is still pending
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by eyenCalabar(m): 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Well, I sympathize with all who got scammed through google trader. You can always call me in to stand as a middle man in anything you wish to buy through this platform. I can perfectly handle the transaction without anybody getting scammed. Find my presence on NL here and read other details: https://www.nairaland.com/1185155/introducing-intermediary-service-businesses-nl We can make it together. Cheers.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by babsomotde(m): 4:32am On Feb 11, 2013
Scammers will surely meet their waterloo someday. I know that.

1 Like

Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by drkay(m): 7:08am On Feb 11, 2013
Scammers are everywhere, even on NL. I needed LR few weeks ago and I opened a thread here in business section, u can't imagine different kind of calls I received from scam artists. Som1 even promised to sell it for me @ 120 naira per unit.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 8:05am On Feb 11, 2013
I ave been scammed when I placed an order of LR ..with nigeriafxtrader.com plz run from d bastard ...he never credited my LR ..and this is a dude I got on NL
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by lumideezle(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2013
Ok let me take my time to explain one of the porpular scams on Googe trader to us.
This happened to me persornally, wanted to change my Blackberry touch 2 to a samsung galaxy S3,so I went 2 Cumputer villa to carry out my pricing research (105K) Samsung shop Palms lekki (110K) the lowest I saw was 100K. Now the Ijebu man in me(smiles) told me I can get a beta deal else where so I decided to go on google trader. I searched for the phone and I got an incredible 55k offer (I knew @ that point that I was a genius ) I imediately called the number of the seller , and the chap on the other side said he is based in coutonou,thus the reason the fone was soo cheap. My thought was well fair enough, I don hammer lol. Now here is the catch, the guy said he couldn't deliver to me here in Lagos that he would have to send the phone Via DHL and I would have to send him 5K Naira to pay the coureir peeps to bring my phone, then if I am satisfied with the phone I would hand over the 55K to the coureir preson who would pay the money to him. When I heard this warning bells started ringing, I asked him. That if he trusts the coureir man with 55K why cant I pay the man 60 K when he comes here, Y do I have to send the money to him first. Neways that was how I stopped contacting the scarmer but I must tell you all that these guys have perfected their trade and there is always a good answer to every question you ask dem.
Finally if its too good to be true,it probably is not true
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by dabigwalls: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2013
Criminals are everywhere. I told a baga there "send me a picture of what I am paying for via email or bb because I have your money now!" "He goes ok. I will send it" so I sent an email address to him and guess what he did? He lifted an internet picture of the phone and sent. I responded "is this the picture of the exact phone that I am paying for?" He says "yes it is". I tell him pls hold the phone in your hand and send the picture since you claim you are a customs officer and get the phone cheap.Next thing, I get an email with an oyibo hand holding the phone...the laughter of his foolishness has never ceased in my mouth!
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by damilarelr(m): 10:10am On Feb 11, 2013
I've seen a lot of them, but that still doesn't make google trader an unsafe place. As a matter of fact I do put up goods and services for sale and I get contacted.

Here's my advice, when you sight a product or service that is cheaper than usual irrespective of it's age, even if it's new, don't fall for it. Simply call the correspondin number and request to see the person and the product. If anyone tells you to deposit some amount of money to any bank account, you can only help the person by reporting the account number to the Bank or EFCC for close monitoring.

Don't ever make the mistake of paying even if it's just 2k..once the seller ask you first where you're, know that he wants to tell you he's at a distant place. Only pay for products on delivery, you can arrange a meeting with that person at somewhere like the seller's bank or your office, don't carry your cash to the meeting point so as to avoid being robbed, and once you sighted the product give it to someone at your meeting point while you take the seller to where you'll settle the payment. If your meeting point is at the seller's office, take the product with you as you go to the ATM and wait till the seller disappears before you leave or board a motorcycle at that spot..to avoid being robbed!

However, sites like Jumia.com, and konga.com offer payment on delivery. Don't be fooled, only the greedy can be duped.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by jendoslim(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2013
nawa oh for google trader...... just finish talking to a guy named I TECH technology now about a laptop i saw he was displaying for sale... he told me to pay for the delivery fee 5k.. bt wen i told him dat i will pay d delivery man everytin including the delivery money... na so d guy begin blow grammer as if na hon patrick brother him be...... cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by vicadex07(m): 12:03am On Feb 12, 2013
It baffles me too undecided
ITbomb: How do people get scammed , I don't understand.
Or are some people so dumb to send money to an online character for goods he has not seen.
I never believed a Nigerian can be duped , I thought we are the smartest.
undecided
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by sleek2011: 10:00am On Feb 16, 2013
Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2 Modem Router Mobile Broadband Edition.
Lagos, Nigeria
₦20,000
0810 398 0363
0810 398 0363
*Supports Ethernet, Fast Ethernet IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft) Networking
*Data Transfer Speeds up to 300Mbps
The Wireless-N 300 Router with DSL Modem Mobile Broadband Edition is a full featured wireless-n router with integrated ADSL2+
modem and a failover or backup option to connect to a 3G/4G/WiMAX mobile broadband network in case of DSL outage. Internet
traffic will be temporarily routed via the secondary mobile broadband Internet access. When normal service is restored to your
primary ADSL line, all traffic is switched back. The mobile broadband connection can also be used as a primary Internet connection
in situations where no DSL/cable/satellite connection exists. When not using the backup option, the router can be used to share a
USB storage device with any computer in the network. The solution is ideal for small and medium businesses that need the reliability
of an always-on Internet connection.
The Wireless-N 300 Router with DSL Modem Mobile Broadband Edition is ideal for both professional and personal Internet use,
providing Wireless-N speed and mobile hotspots for simultaneous downloads, voice and music, and online gaming. Complete with
a built-in DSL modem and automatic WAN backup, it keeps you online during DSL outages.
Posted on: Dec 9, 2012 (Updated: Feb 12, 2013)
Previous listing - Next listing
Report bad listing
User details
olatude bola

fellow nairalander beware of this seller, he has scammed me of the sum of N16000.00 pretending to be selling this item on google trader. when i call him to make enquiry on this product, he told me pay the sum of N16,000.00 to an access bank in the name of smart Idahosa and that the item will be sent to me the second day here i am two month after no router and refund of money. pls my people beware.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Lafem(m): 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
SCAMMER ALERT ALL!!!

Just want to use this opportunity to warn anyone using Google Trader to steer clear of anybody claiming to be a Nigerian representative of egadgetstoreltd.com. I think the website is all part of their ploy to win the confidence of unsuspecting nigerians and lure them into falling for their scam. The 'rep' will claim to have an (fake) office located at Banana-Island, Ikoyi. His phone number is 08176575857. They'll offer to sell you brand new top-of-the-line smartphones at unbelievably cheap prices. PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR IT, IT'S A SCAM. I REPEAT, IT'S A SCAM!
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by bellau09: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
you all should beware of a person with a company name: i-tech communications who is scamming ppl with an access account by name of ayodele phillips... he says he does home delivery but do not be fool into paying any money into his account. here is his fone number incase u run into him on google trader. 08164768274
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by bellau09: 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
jendoslim: nawa oh for google trader...... just finish talking to a guy named I TECH technology now about a laptop i saw he was displaying for sale... he told me to pay for the delivery fee 5k.. bt wen i told him dat i will pay d delivery man everytin including the delivery money... na so d guy begin blow grammer as if na hon patrick brother him be...... cool[color=#990000][/color]

dat is sooooo true! its the sam ething he did with me. delivery fees my foot.....
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is a nation full of morally upright people who would say shiits about Kim Kardashian.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by obiscolly(m): 7:14am On Feb 20, 2013
Hello, just thought I should share my experience to enlighten Nigerians because I've once been a victim of a scammer by name Charles Dayo on google trader. Check the link below:
http://gistmenaija./2013/02/19/nigerians-beware-of-scammers-on-google-trader-olx-tradestable-etc-charles-dayo-is-one-of-them/
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by ican2020: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Scam Scam Scam

Hold the brake, scamming takes two to tango, you that is buying an item, especially physical product way below the official price have the clear motive to scam the seller.

You can solve the scam issue easily by finding out the price of any physical product before going for it okay.

If you fall victim through bank payment, you don't have to cry, just make sure you have the deposit slip and with that, the security agencies could assist by getting the real identity of the account owner from that particular bank.

To marketers both online and offline, we should learn to build integrity it pays.
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by rhames(m): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
atch out for this 419er.

http://www.google.com.ng/local/trader/listing/-/b500b25e2cb57717/_c565d4b7cb6b2ede_?skip=n&state=Cg0aCWdlbmVyYXRvciAUEgoaBnNlYXJjaCAW

He duplicated my photo and used it to create a page for his own on google trader. Compare this picture and the one you see on my blog post.

my blog is http://generator-republic-nigeria..com/2012/10/27kva-fg-wilson-sound-proof-perkins.html
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by foxxi4real: 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Imagine this. I saw a used Motorola Atrix 4G on olx for 30k, I called the guy up and I offered to pay 25k for it, it took a lot of convincing and begging before the guy finally agreed for 25k. I wanted to get a better price, so I went to Google Trader and to my surprise, I got a better and more expensive Atrix HD with all accessories for 22k, so sharp sharp I called the guy up, the first thing he asked was "where are you", I told him Lagos, and I asked him how I will get the phone since his profile says he is in Lagos too. He told me "oh we have now moved to Abuja", immediately my "lie detector chip" kicked in. He told me that he will deliver it to me in Lagos and he asked when I wanted it. I told him it would be fine if he could deliver it to me today, but he told me that they don't work weekends (but he posts his ads on weekends - ok o!). He asked for my name and asked me to call him 8 am on Monday (by then Bank go don open abi?). He told me that he will deliver it to my place and that I will need to pay N5,000 for delivery, but the N5,000 will be deducted from the cost of the phone. that means I will only need to pay N17,000 when the phone is delivered to me, (meaning he is willing to sell the phone for N17k! - ok o!). He told me that if I call him by 8am on Monday, they will deliver it to me in Lagos (from Abuja) by 3:30 pm. (Wow! The guy is even ready to bring it by flight). He hasn't told me to pay into any account yet, so I will call him up by 8:00 am on Monday to see how it goes. It would be fun when a maga finally catches a magee!

The guy sells almost anything, he even has a brand new JVC 47" for 30k, a brand new HTC One X+ (64GB) for 40k, a brand new BlackBerry Z10 for 80k

Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by goldplated(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
wow
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Infoseye(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
Wow I can't believe Nigerians are still BEEN scammed by Nigerians even on the internet, well you only be scammed if you are been greedy!

But am disappointed at Google for not putting security measures in place, after all they built the platform why not protect buyers or are they trying to say they don't render security measures for there own citizens and other countries except NIGERIA

When I signed up on EBay I thought that was it, I got mail as usual welcoming on board to eBay.

Less than an hour later eBay actually contacted my bank to confirm I actually bank with them and my bank called me to confirm this. I mean all this happened in a day.

I believe Google Trader can come up with something similar security with Banks Like Gtbank, First Bank etc.This will atleast help in crime fighting and easily fishing out this criminals.

Simple rule do not make transaction with Nigerians except on One on One business transactions!
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by foxxi4real: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
Now my story continues..

I promised to call the guy this morning and truly I did. He didn't pick up at first, but later called me back with another number and

he asked that I should call him now, so I did.

This is our conversation transcript below:

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_1.mp3

Me: Hello, hello.. hellooo
Jerry: Hello, I can hear you, you said?
Me: Hello
Jerry: Year I can hear you, you said what?
Me: Ok, I don't understand what you say, when they come I would give them N5,000?
Jerry: No no, you give them 5,000 first so that they can register the item before the item leave our office, because all our item

have 1 year warranties should in case anything happens to the item before 1 year you can still call on us... because we will want to

register it because of the security purpose because most... some people would have bought items from us much over a year and the item

got spoilt they will want to still bring it back to us, because now the courier people will say they want to be documenting it

because all the items are insured, you understand, yeah
Me: Ok how am I... I don't know who are the courier
Me: So I don't know who... how am I going to contact then?
Jerry: Ok so do you want me to call them and provide you with their detail so you give them their charges
Me: Yes
Jerry: Ok let me call them now and get back to you.
Me: Ok
Jerry: Yeah yeah

And he ends the call

It took him another 15 minutes before he called back. This is the second conversation:

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_2.mp3

Jerry: Hello, hellooooo
Jerry: Yeah, I've called them and they've provided me with the agent account number that want to deliver to you, so should I send it

to you?
Jerry: Yeah. So are you giving them their charges this morning so I tell them to start packaging your items
Me: Yes, I don't want it to fail today cos I am already eager to get it.
Jerry: Ok let me send it.
Me: Ok.
[/i]

And he ends the call.

And this is the information he sent me:

Uduebor joseph. Acc no 3043406437. First bank

And to make the deal look convincing for him, I decided to give it a little more salt. I called him back

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_3.mp3

[i]Jerry: Hello
Jerry: Did you get the details?
Me: Ennn, I got... the.. the this thing you sent to me now, how would they know that I am the one that paid?
Jerry: No, that's why you'll send down the teller number and your address to us
Me: Oh, I don't know.. Where am I going to send it?
Jerry: You send it to me, so that we can register it in my office before the item reach my office
Me: Ok, ok ok
Jerry: So when are you getting back to me? Are you doing it this morning? So I'll tell them to start packaging the item.
Me: Hen, I'm going now, I'm going to the bank now
Jerry: So ok, like how many minutes are you getting back to me with the details and your information?
Me: Say, in the next one hour

And I ended the call

I haven't called him back yet, but he has tried to call me more than 3 times to confirm if I have paid into the account, but I have refused to pick him calls.

From this, I can deduce that the guy's real name is Uduebor Joseph and he is most likely based in Benin City. I have checked on Facebook for that name and some results came up, but I will not be digging into that since I am not sure which of them it is.

1 Like

Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by Infoseye(m): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
foxxi4real: Now my story continues..

I promised to call the guy this morning and truly I did. He didn't pick up at first, but later called me back with another number and

he asked that I should call him now, so I did.

This is our conversation transcript below:

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_1.mp3

Me: Hello, hello.. hellooo
Jerry: Hello, I can hear you, you said?
Jerry: Year I can hear you, you said what?
Me: Ok, I don't understand what you say, when they come I would give them N5,000?
Jerry: No no, you give them 5,000 first so that they can register the item before the item leave our office, because all our item

have 1 year warranties should in case anything happens to the item before 1 year you can still call on us... because we will want to

register it because of the security purpose because most... some people would have bought items from us much over a year and the item

got spoilt they will want to still bring it back to us, because now the courier people will say they want to be documenting it

because all the items are insured, you understand, yeah
Me: Ok how am I... I don't know who are the courier
Me: So I don't know who... how am I going to contact then?
Jerry: Ok so do you want me to call them and provide you with their detail so you give them their charges
Me: Yes
Jerry: Ok let me call them now and get back to you.
Jerry: Yeah yeah

And he ends the call

It took him another 15 minutes before he called back. This is the second conversation:

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_2.mp3

Jerry: Hello, hellooooo
Jerry: Yeah, I've called them and they've provided me with the agent account number that want to deliver to you, so should I send it

to you?
Jerry: Yeah. So are you giving them their charges this morning so I tell them to start packaging your items
Me: Yes, I don't want it to fail today cos I am already eager to get it.
Jerry: Ok let me send it.
Me: Ok.
[/i]

And he ends the call.

And this is the information he sent me:

Uduebor joseph. Acc no 3043406437. First bank

And to make the deal look convincing for him, I decided to give it a little more salt. I called him back

http://www.smsezone.com/libraries/Conversation_3.mp3

[i]Jerry: Hello
Jerry: Did you get the details?
Me: Ennn, I got... the.. the this thing you sent to me now, how would they know that I am the one that paid?
Jerry: No, that's why you'll send down the teller number and your address to us
Me: Oh, I don't know.. Where am I going to send it?
Jerry: You send it to me, so that we can register it in my office before the item reach my office
Me: Ok, ok ok
Jerry: So when are you getting back to me? Are you doing it this morning? So I'll tell them to start packaging the item.
Me: Hen, I'm going now, I'm going to the bank now
Jerry: So ok, like how many minutes are you getting back to me with the details and your information?
Me: Say, in the next one hour

And I ended the call

I haven't called him back yet, but he has tried to call me more than 3 times to confirm if I have paid into the account, but I have refused to pick him calls.

From this, I can deduce that the guy's real name is Uduebor Joseph and he is most likely based in Benin City. I have checked on Facebook for that name and some results came up, but I will not be digging into that since I am not sure which of them it is.

It will be good you start digging into it and put him behind bars if possible, you never know you would have saved a lot of innocent Nigerians been a victim at this man's scam now his still out there.

So what's the point of going through the stress and wasting your airtime if you ate not going to expose or put an end to his game?
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by nxanadu: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
its true bro. almost all the items posted on google trader Nigeria are scam. they're not real. don't buy anything there ease u see what u're buying. dont pay any money for courier service. don't pay money without seeing the stuff. dont buy very cheap item, cos anything thats free is not cheap!
Re: Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? by geebehn(m): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2013
Guyz, dont ever deal with these sellers @all.,they're fraudsterS.
MIKE KOLAWOLE 08141771048
UDUEBOR JOSEPH
I THINK THEY DO JOINT WORK & THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBER IS
Uduebor joseph, Acc no 3043406437. First bank..
MY #5,000 IS WITH THEM & THEY'RE NOT GOING TO RETURN IT...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

110m Nigerians Have No Business Being Poor, Says NEITI Boss / Oando Crisis: Adeosun Queries SEC, Appoints New Director-general / Banks Outwit Each Other In Chase For State Accounts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.