Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,218 members, 7,967,460 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 07:23 PM

Right Thinking - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Right Thinking (4499 Views)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / Free Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 6:30am On Apr 20, 2012
Why is creationism being debated here? That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050: Why is creationism being debated here? That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Creation answers all the logical questions that evolution doesn't and that is right thinking. Have you got anything to contribute to the topic if you think otherwise?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Creation answers all the logical questions that evolution doesn't and that is right thinking. Have you got anything to contribute to the topic if you think otherwise?

Creationism is only a guess. Not scientific. Not explanatory. Nothing. How many time must it be debunked before you admit it?
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

Creationism is only a guess. Not scientific. Not explanatory. Nothing. How many time must it be debunked before you admit it?
What do you understand by biblical creation?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
What do you understand by biblical creation?

A woman was created from man's ribs?

The world was created by a timeless God?
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

A woman was created from man's ribs?

The world was created by a timeless God?
The Bible tells us that everything was created by God and nothing evolved. If you read the account of creation in the Bible you will see many historical events concerning the beginning of this world and through the application of science we can confirm that God's account of creation is true. You will see that every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind for instance, dogs only produce dogs and not produce cats neither do cats and dogs produce what is called part cat and part dog together. Dogs began as dogs and still remain dogs even though they may vary in species and this is exactly what we observe in the real world today. God made apes as apes, and man as man. We observe that each creature brings forth after its own kind and that is right thinking. Wrong thinking is to think that man comes from another kind which we do not observe. We are able to confirm all this through good science and logical thinking.
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
The Bible tells us that everything was created by God and nothing evolved. If you read the account of creation in the Bible you will see many historical events concerning the beginning of this world and through the application of science we can confirm that God's account of creation is true. You will see that every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind for instance, dogs only produce dogs and not produce cats neither do cats and dogs produce what is called part cat and part dog together. Dogs began as dogs and still remain dogs even though they may vary in species and this is exactly what we observe in the real world today. God made apes as apes, and man as man. We observe that each creature brings forth after its own kind and that is right thinking. Wrong thinking is to think that man comes from another kind which we do not observe. We are able to confirm all this through good science and logical thinking.

1) Heard of transitional fossils?

2) The bible has been exposed to have many inaccuracies and the ramblings of uncivilized cavemen who couldnt see the problems with slavery and sexism
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

1) Heard of transitional fossils?

2) The bible has been exposed to have many inaccuracies and the ramblings of uncivilized cavemen who couldnt see the problems with slavery and sexism
You have no excuse for denying the existence of God and His Word. His Word rightly says:

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I sure do, the OP was talking about Scripture verses and how Christians should have a right attitude. If you wanted a debate about creationism, go find a thread that's actually talking about it. Stop trolling, there are plenty of threads where you can call Christians stupid all you want.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050:

I sure do, the OP was talking about Scripture verses and how Christians should have a right attitude. If you wanted a debate about creationism, go find a thread that's actually talking about it. Stop trolling, there are plenty of threads where you can call Christians stupid all you want.

Can you kindly make your own contribution to the topic or move on if you've got nothing say.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2012
The Wandering Mind

Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU: The Wandering Mind

Your picture is stupid. Are human beings dogs/slaves that their minds should be on leashes?

I should feel guilty for thinking about s.ex? I should feel guilty for letting my mind wonder?

Religion is slavery!
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

Your picture is stupid. Are human beings dogs/slaves that their minds should be on leashes?

I should feel guilty for thinking about s.ex? I should feel guilty for letting my mind wonder?

Religion is slavery!
The picture there may be stupid to you but to the learned it means that we cannot allow our minds to dwell on Satan's lies. It also means that we must renew our minds by the Word of God.
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Can you kindly make your own contribution to the topic or move on if you've got nothing say.

My contribution is by telling you to stay on point. I'll post something worthwhile once we actually get back on topic. If you want to debate things not involved in this thread, then go somewhere else.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050:

My contribution is by telling you to stay on point. I'll post something worthwhile once we actually get back on topic. If you want to debate things not involved in this thread, then go somewhere else.

I only respond to those who post. How do you expect me to respond to Christians who only view threads and not post or make any contributions? Since it is only skeptics that responds to the topic I might as well answer their objections.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
Swimming against the tide

Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I only respond to those who post. How do you expect me to respond to Christians who only view threads and not post or make any contributions? Since it is only skeptics that responds to the topic I might as well answer their objections.

Or you could make a post that actually is on topic. You don't have to answer their objections in a thread that isn't designed to debate creationism vs evolution. You are the Christian not making a contribution.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, . . . honest, . . . just, . . . pure, . . . lovely, . . . of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8.)

We are admonished to think on these things and not on other things! I hope those teaching on evolution theory would also take note of this because our educational systems, media houses and literatures are being ridden with ideologies that induces our children to think on evil or ugly things. Christian thinking used to influence the education systems but this is being eroded quickly and the Christian God, biblical creation, prayer meetings and expository bible studies are being excluded from the system especially here in the UK an US. and our people studying here in an anti God secular religion - that the universe and all that exists within it can be explained without the Christian God are now indoctrinating our people in their home countries with them all the evil and ugly things to think about.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thinketh

Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, . . . honest, . . . just, . . . pure, . . . lovely, . . . of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8.)

We are admonished to think on these things and not on other things! I hope those teaching on evolution theory would also take note of this because our educational systems, media houses and literatures are being ridden with ideologies that induces our children to think on evil or ugly things. Christian thinking used to influence the education systems but this is being eroded quickly and the Christian God, biblical creation, prayer meetings and expository bible studies are being excluded from the system especially here in the UK an US. and our people studying here in an anti God secular religion - that the universe and all that exists within it can be explained without the Christian God are now indoctrinating our people in their home countries with them all the evil and ugly things to think about.

https://www.nairaland.com/920190/why-man-greater-than-god

Something for you to think about
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

https://www.nairaland.com/920190/why-man-greater-than-god

Something for you to think about

What you should think about is how did life originate?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What you should think about is how did life originate?

From my sperm?
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

From my sperm?
And where did that come from?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
And where did that come from?

My mommy!
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
logicboy:

My mommy!

Is that what your secular teachers taught you? Here is a story of a Christian who chose to stand out from the crowd.

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands shoot into the air. There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

"So,"

asks the teacher,

"what are you?"

"A Christian"

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she thinks she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mum is a Christian and, my dad is a Christian, I also accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and I know I'm a Christian."

The teacher is visibly angry now.

"That's no reason,"

she says loudly,

"What if your mum had been a mo-ron and, your dad had been a mo-ron. What would that make you then?"

After a pause, and a smile.

"Then,"

says Lucy,

"that would make me an atheist." cool
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Is that what your secular teachers taught you? Here is a story of a Christian who chose to stand out from the crowd.

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands shoot into the air. There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

"So,"

asks the teacher,

"what are you?"

"A Christian"

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she thinks she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mum is a Christian and, my dad is a Christian, I also accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and I know I'm a Christian."

The teacher is visibly angry now.

"That's no reason,"

she says loudly,

"What if your mum had been a mo-ron and, your dad had been a mo-ron. What would that make you then?"

After a pause, and a smile.

"Then,"

says Lucy,

"that would make me an atheist." cool

Athiests arent slowpoke. The very computer/OS you are using is made by athiests
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2012
logicboy:

Athiests arent slowpoke. The very computer/OS you are using is made by athiests
If that is true tell us where you think life originated from.
Re: Right Thinking by LogicMind: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
If that is true tell us where you think life originated from.

everybody knows life originated from mars.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind:

everybody knows life originated from mars.
If life originated from mars where did mars originate from?
Re: Right Thinking by LogicMind: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
If life originated from mars where did mars originate from?

from the big explosion
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind:

from the big explosion
Where did the matter that caused the big explosion originate from?
Re: Right Thinking by LogicMind: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Where did the matter that caused the big explosion originate from?

from a bigger explosion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Religion Be A Factor In Adoption? / Prophet Muhammad Scandalous Love Affair With Mariya His wives maid / What's Wrong With Female Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.