Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,770 members, 7,879,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:39 PM

Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers (1858 Views)

Association Of Nigerian Programmers Online / Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by prodam(m): 7:23am On Apr 20, 2012
Presently, real programmers, I mean raw code writers here in Nigeria are deprived of their entitlements financially and socially.
No standards, no opportunities, no enabling environments, unending discrimination from companies that hire Indian programmers.

Although, threads have been created on how to brand programmers but that would only bring a temporary solution and for only those who has the resources to step up their business. we need a permanent change; an atmosphere for current and future programmers. a vision of a time when people would be creative and willing to give to the society by providing e-solutions. when will Nigerians be part of list of inventors. we are talented. How can this be achieved.

I believe by combining ideas from experienced programmers, home and abroad, and successful programmers, we can make something out of nothing.

#from my perspective, I think there should be focus on programming in the ministry if sci and tech, by this programmers will have platforms to receive kudos for their works.#
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 10:56am On Apr 20, 2012
while I agree with you that Nigeria is not a conducive place for programmers, I have to ask, what awesome stuff have you done that you think is awesome and have been ignored
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by delomos(m): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
lordZOUGA: while I agree with you that Nigeria is not a conducive place for programmers, I have to ask, what awesome stuff have you done that you think is awesome and have been ignored

^^ Now that is a f$$kin respectable response! And also sweetly answers the question (when you read between the lines), and @OP, until this question has been answered, you will not be getting any meaningful response from (significant)people on here.

So, answer that question. Again the question is, per @lordZOUGA: "What awesome stuff have you done that you think is awesome and have been ignored?"
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by meshybizzo(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2012
Hmmmm interesting...true
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by meshybizzo(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2012
Hmmm interesting...true wink
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by csharpjava(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
prodam: Presently, real programmers, I mean raw code writers here in Nigeria are deprived of their entitlements financially and socially.
No standards, no opportunities, no enabling environments, unending discrimination from companies that hire Indian programmers.

This trend will continue if your observations are correct, as long as Nigerian programmers feel they know all and are not willing to learn more advanced programming than just writing codes from a class diagram. I posted an extract of a class diagram and a formal specification language on another thread and to my greatest surprise no programmer on this forum made any attempt to have had a go at it or to find out more about it. Formal specification is a must when writing business, mission and life critical applications, so why will these companies not continue to hire Indian programmers when these programmers are already gurus in a formal specification language.
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2012
csharpjava:

This trend will continue if your observations are correct, as long as Nigerian programmers feel they know all and are not willing to learn more advanced programming than just writing codes from a class diagram. I posted an extract of a class diagram and a formal specification language on another thread and to my greatest surprise no programmer on this forum made any attempt to have had a go at it or to find out more about it. Formal specification is a must when writing business, mission and life critical applications, so why will these companies not continue to hire Indian programmers when these programmers are already gurus in a formal specification language.
I agree with youu here "This trend will continue if your observations are correct, as long as Nigerian programmers feel they know all and are not willing to learn more advanced programming than just writing codes from a class diagram." the programmers I have met are too lazy to learn more....
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by prodam(m): 7:36am On Apr 24, 2012
CLARIFICATION:

you all putting the blames on programmers as regards how far we have gone in learning.

you must understand that guru programmers were formerly newbies and later moved from one level to another.

so I think currently Nigeria has got good programmers who are ready to work on big project and invent new things.

After all, the topic is centered on how we create an enabling environment which will create a better future for Nigerian Programmers.
no matter how sub-standard we are as you think, we need a way forward. we need an upgrade in the programming industry in Nigeria.we need a future. young programmers should be enthusiastic about being a world-class programmer and inventor.
Having a body such as that initiated by handyx on this forum is a god step.
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by tpia5: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2012
is there a central body regulating this field?

if not, then that's the reason for most of the observations on this thread.

and just for the record, excessive use of superlatives in speech generally gives an impression of unseriousness or a flippant subject matter.

1 Like

Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by prodam(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2012
And another display of a 'typical nigerian'..we keep and enjoy talking about the problems perculiar to an individual or a set of people rather than looking at the general phenomenon..
A way forward, a future for nigerian programmers..I will move and champion an effective empowerment campaign towards that..small and medium scale programmers would soon have a say and control over their businesses rather than going by or being controlled by societal validation.
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
prodam: And another display of a 'typical nigerian'..we keep and enjoy talking about the problems perculiar to an individual or a set of people rather than looking at the general phenomenon..
A way forward, a future for nigerian programmers..I will move and champion an effective empowerment campaign towards that..small and medium scale programmers would soon have a say and control over their businesses rather than going by or being controlled by societal validation.
your plan?
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by prodam(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
lordZOUGA:
your plan?

Yes sir!!! U interested in being a part?
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by mj(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
As for me, some programmers in nigeria are doing great, everything comes down to the skills of d individual. I did my siwes then at SystemSpecs, we have wonderful programmers there and they have the best of softwares there, HumanManager, Remita, and also did another siwes at NITDA, government agencies use nigeria made softwares. So I believe if u can come up wit a solution that can help any industry in Nigeria, you will be welcome, I'm working on a vertical software presently, I believe when I'm thru, d industry I targeted will love it, I have clients waiting for it, I have a beta version of it already. Give yourself a challenge.
Re: Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers by okeyxyz(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
lordZOUGA:
your plan?

+1

(1) (Reply)

Need Beta Testers For A New App. / Help!!! Login Failed For User in SQL Server / Some Programming Languages And Their Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.