Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,656 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK (14755 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by ichieakpo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
beatrice webb: igbo pple with their killing habit when will they stop?
God punish u dat place

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by ChiScoroko(f): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
@justwise.....I'm aware of all those but I don't think you understand where I'm coming from...when I say never ever u have to understand that it is just a figure of speech for very rare if not often....my point exactly is that as I've come to see, not a 100% but a good enough number, that the reputation of nigerians in the uk is not very good, but you can't really say that about nigerians in America. When I say this, I'm not saying that crimes are not committed by nigerians in America but its very rare, so our reputation is not known for that. I don't know how it is in the uk but from my understanding the nigerian communities there tend to commit more urban crimes than their counterparts in America(not quoting any stats just my opinion)......especially the youths....like I said earlier, it will be especially hard to see any nigerian youth engaged in something like this, whether they r born in Nigeria or America......I highly think the area and the people they are raised around has a lot to do with though....
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by dasparrow: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
@Post

Instead of you folks to discuss the topic at hand, you have turned this thread into a tribal bash as usual. Some Nigerians can be such a disappointment. It's especially worrisome because what obtains here on nairaland is similar to what obtains in Nigerian society. I am begining to have doubts about ever being able to live in Nigeria again. When one adds insecurity, lack of constant electricity, noise pollution, poor infrastructure, corruption with intense ethnic and gender discrimination/hate, I do not think Nigeria is a condusive environment/country to raise children. Keep hating yourselves. We all will have to give an account to God Almighty when our temporary stay on earth is up. Don't blame the boko haram guys when they torment you again with their bombs since many of you cannot see past a person's tribe/ethnic group. Stop the hate and learn to love one another as Christ has commanded.

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
ChiScoroko: @justwise.....I'm aware of all those but I don't think you understand where I'm coming from...when I say never ever u have to understand that it is just a figure of speech for very rare if not often....my point exactly is that as I've come to see, not a 100% but a good enough number, that the reputation of nigerians in the uk is not very good, but you can't really say that about nigerians in America. When I say this, I'm not saying that crimes are not committed by nigerians in America but its very rare, so our reputation is not known for that. I don't know how it is in the uk but from my understanding the nigerian communities there tend to commit more urban crimes than their counterparts in America(not quoting any stats just my opinion)......especially the youths....like I said earlier, it will be especially hard to see any nigerian youth engaged in something like this, whether they r born in Nigeria or America......I highly think the area and the people they are raised around has a lot to do with though....

A Nigerian living in US is in FBI most wanted list, Nigerians in US commit just as more crime as those in the UK, there is nothing like Nigerians in US are more well behaved and more hard working than those in the UK.

I can give you links and links about stories of Nigerians in the US making headlines for all wrong reasons.

Nigerian parents in US face the same problem of bringing kids up as those in the UK.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by ChiScoroko(f): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2012
A Nigerian living in US is in FBI most wanted list, Nigerians in US commit just as more crime as those in the UK, there is nothing like Nigerians in US are more well behaved and more hard working than those in the UK.

I can give you links and links about stories of Nigerians in the US making headlines for all wrong reasons.

Nigerian parents in US face the same problem of bringing kids up as those in the UK.

yeah whatever.....tell me where u see that....and if you don't understand urban crime, then i don't know what to tell you. I'm done trying to explain what i mean because you can't get it...quite frankly the opportunities here in the US is far more than the opportunities in the Uk so it gives ppl here better advantage to succeed....ENOUGH SAID!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2012
ChiScoroko: A Nigerian living in US is in FBI most wanted list, Nigerians in US commit just as more crime as those in the UK, there is nothing like Nigerians in US are more well behaved and more hard working than those in the UK.

yeah whatever.....tell me where u see that....and if you don't understand urban crime, then i don't know what to tell you. I'm done trying to explain what i mean because you can't get it...quite frankly the opportunities here in the US is far more than the opportunities in the Uk so it gives ppl here better advantage to succeed....ENOUGH SAID!

https://www.nairaland.com/138739/18-most-wanted-nigerians-usa have a look at that link. More than 10 Nigerians listed in FBI most wanted list.

Yes i did not understand how you will suggest that in US that Nigerians will 'never ever ever' be on the news for committing crime like this, i don't understand how you will suggest that Nigerians in US are more hard working and well behaved than those in the UK without any definite prove

Whether urban crime or village crime, crime is crime and where ever it happens in US it till a crime.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by badesco(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
A welcome judgment that will serve as a deterrent to others would be.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2012
badesco: A welcome judgment that will serve as a deterrent to others would be.

Life should mean life, the sentencing is to soft, many re-offend after being released on licence.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by BlackBaron: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
Tribal Vagabonds ruined the thread angry
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 29, 2012
uzoexcel: @ beatrice & bluetooth....

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/686068[/img]

grin grin
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2012
ChiScoroko:

I'm referring to the America where I live here in Cali specifically L.A. things like this just don't happen in our community...since there are so many opportunities here, Nigerians here really try to outshine each other academically or other ways..very rare to hear a news like this happening in the Nigerian community here in L.A. whether igbo, Yoruba, or whatever....in other areas, i don't know so much but i do know we really try overall to maintain a sense of class despite the bad image some Nigerians try to give us...NOO The highlighted part is not a mistake but very true because I've been here for a long time and is very aware about how we perceive ourselves, and how others perceive us...and when u read, try and and understand the word community....and what i mean by that....just because Nigerians have a bad reputation globally does not mean that we do locally....

https://www.nairaland.com/521836/21-year-old-tokunbo-okuwoga-arrested-murder

justwise:

I responded to your post because you used the term 'never' more than two times to stress that Nigerians in US will not be on the news for such crime

Nigerian men In US have killed their wives more than Nigerians in any other country i know. Read some of the links

https://www.nairaland.com/485379/nigerian-americans-killing-spouses-us-1

https://www.nairaland.com/477467/why-did-this-nigerian-kill

https://www.nairaland.com/487114/nigeria-men-america-killing-419

good point.
killing is cross cultural and happens everywhere.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by MrsChima(f): 4:36am On Apr 29, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

https://www.nairaland.com/521836/21-year-old-tokunbo-okuwoga-arrested-murder

good point.
killing is cross cultural and happens everywhere.

Nigeria would progress further than they are if they learn to accept that their shit stank just as bad as the rest of us. wink
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Nigeria would progress further than they are if they learn to accept that their shit stank just as bad as the rest of us. wink

BOTTOM LINE!! grin (no pun intended!)
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Etianwanokon: 12:31am On Nov 25, 2013
I get so disgusted with some people's comment.
What has Igbobi got to do with this. This is about Nigerian and our image abroad and you are here insulting one tribe.
Please be civil in your comment.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
In connection with the murder of the teenager, Adonis Akra, 18, Samuel Roberts, 19, and Femi Oderinwale, 18, were found guilty of manslaughter and given 12 years' detention each. The last time I checked, the name "Femi Oderinwale" is not an Igbo name. I guess the ethnic hustlers are too DUMB and stupid to notice that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Officer Shot Dead As Police Foil Kidnap Of FCT Council Chair’s Family / Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million / Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.