Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,914 members, 7,924,860 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

Religions In Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religions In Relationship (947 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Does Age Really Matter In Relationship? / Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religions In Relationship by kennyg5055(f): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2007
I'am a christian and my fiance is a muslim and we love each other, but my family does not want me to marry a muslim guy. And is not ready to change to christian likewise am not ready to change to his religion. And he said i can continue with my religion. Please advice.
Re: Religions In Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2007
well this is pretty difficult. if you both are not ready to compromise, then am sorry to say you both might be wasting your time.

Also, trust me if you get married to him, there are high chances your gonna convert into a muslim. i have seen a lot of women who got married to muslim men, and that was it they all became muslims.

i guess thats what your family is scared of.

Am sorry can't give much advice on this, because i kind of support your family. such relationships/marriages have a lot of problems because of the religious differences. but a few still succeed, but trust me only 5 out of hundred do. requires a lot stress to make it work.

You might wonder, why religion has to come between two people who love each other so much, but am sorry this is reality and the world is an unfair place.
Re: Religions In Relationship by almondjoy(f): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2007
Always go with your "own kind" and avoid unpleasant conflicts as much as possible. Religion is too deep a subject to use as a "source of adventure in relationships".  Life is tough enough, do not add to it by starting off in relationship with different religions. If you do not "speak" the same religion, how do you plan to raise your kids? undecided

Goodluck.
Re: Religions In Relationship by uchetobi(f): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2007
I wish I could say its not an issue but it it, it may look all easy now when the love is covering your eyes, after a while issues will arise because you guys will see things from two different perspectives, den also when the kids come and its time for them to pick a religion, it becomes an issue. I have a n aunt whose boy friend converted to xtian because of her, to avoid their parents wahala and to please her, after marriage the guy switched back to Islam, prevented her from going to church, it was really crazy. Today they are separated. Its really complicated, I suggest you chillax, weigh your options, look at d possible effect of your decisions as in the worst case scenarios, so even if you decide to still go ahead you know you have your eyes opened and are ready for whatever. cheers
Re: Religions In Relationship by efuah(f): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2007
Kinda difficult here. . . it's not that easy converting a "muslim man" into christianity, naaaah but it's rather easy for him to convert you to his religion, yeah!! after ur "marriage" a woman is required to be submissive. . which might be part of denying ur religion for his . . .it barely happens. . the earlier the better dear, do something fast before u do the "untold story" undecided
Re: Religions In Relationship by efuah(f): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2007
uchetobi:

I wish I could say its not an issue but it it, it may look all easy now when the love is covering your eyes, after a while issues will arise because you guys will see things from two different perspectives, den also when the kids come and its time for them to pick a religion, it becomes an issue. I have a n aunt whose boy friend converted to xtian because of her, to avoid their parents wahala and to please her, after marriage the guy switched back to Islam, prevented her from going to church, it was really crazy. Today they are separated. Its really complicated, I suggest you chillax, weigh your options, look at d possible effect of your decisions as in the worst case scenarios, so even if you decide to still go ahead you know you have your eyes opened and are ready for whatever. cheers
word!! exactly wht i meant.
Re: Religions In Relationship by uchetobi(f): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2007
thanx
Re: Religions In Relationship by Nautillus(m): 10:50am On Nov 08, 2007
Galfriend,

My sinsere advice is that you guyz just have a sit down and run down your options,

Believe me, its a shitty situation, i was in something like that that ran 4 abt 9yrs, cry cry

I am a christian/she was not, the scares of that breakup will die with me, things got so bad that we almost agreed to have a love child so we could be ethernaly bound 4 life,

Hear the words of experience, "Its a TIME BOMB waiting to explode" and believe me, it always explodes

its very hard, but 4 your own say, u need to work at it and END IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

My Girl Just Left Me / Help-what Are The Conditions To Re-date And Re-love Ur Ex? / Sex Before Marriage: The Benefits And Implications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.