Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not (3823 Views)

How Old Is The World And Did Dinosaurs Exist? / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2012
My fellow christian brothers what this verse is pointing out many paster and christian brothers don't know what it meant yet, so they assumed that Jesus Christ is the suprime God. Before i explain the deep meaning of this verse can anybody guess what it meant?

John 1:10, say: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. (Nkjv)

Firstly to make it clear for your understanding read (john 1:1) in the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. (Nkjv)

and
Genesis 1:1-3
in the beginning when God created the universe,
2, the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water.
3, Then God commanded, ''let there be light'' - and light appeared. (Good News Bible)
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel,

What is your direct kweshion here? I can't see what you are asking before we begin to have fellowship. Ask and we will delve into the deep together,lol grin I also have a kweshion for you in Gen 1:2 you quoted.

How are you doing this weekend?
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by rastamouse: 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
My fellow christian brothers what this verse is pointing out many paster and christian brothers don't know what it meant yet, so they assumed that Jesus Christ is the suprime God. Before i explain the deep meaning of this verse can anybody guess what it meant?

John 1:10, say: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. (Nkjv)

Firstly to make it clear for your understanding read (john 1:1) in the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. (Nkjv)

and
Genesis 1:1-3
in the beginning when God created the universe,
2, the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water.
3, Then God commanded, ''let there be light'' - and light appeared. (Good News Bible)

HE came into HIS own but HIS own received HIM not cry

...However as many as believed in HIM, to them HE gave power to be called the children of GOD grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Jenwitemi(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
Perhaps he should have used the electronic media more and traveled a lot wider.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2012
What am saying is that Jesus is not the Suprime God Himself. The Spirit of God pour down and form Jesus. It was done by the Holy Spirit. He was like Adam who God blow His Spirit on hes noise and life enter him that was why man became gods because we came from God. It was the same transformation that Jesus came but He was concieved and born. I am writing all this from phone it not easy.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Jenwitemi(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
Soright, bro.
Joel.:
What am saying is that Jesus is not the Suprime God Himself. The Spirit of God pour down and form Jesus. It was done by the Holy Spirit. He was like Adam who God blow His Spirit on hes noise and life enter him that was why man became gods because we came from God. It was the same transformation that Jesus came but He was concieved and born. I am writing all this from phone it not easy.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
What am saying is that Jesus is not the Suprime God Himself.

Very Correct sir.

Joel.:
The Spirit of God pour down and form Jesus. It was done by the Holy Spirit.

This is heavy and AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS YOUR STATEMENT. I don't want to jump to conclude it's heresy UNTIL Proven. So we are waiting that you prove this statement biblically.

Joel.:
He was like Adam who God blow His Spirit on hes noise and life enter him that was why man became gods because we came from God. It was the same transformation that Jesus came but He was concieved and born. I am writing all this from phone it not easy.

Also, you need to prove this also. I don't want to jump to conclusion that this statement is heresy. We will wait until you can type from your PC so you can defend this statement scripturally. Okay.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by rastamouse: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
This argument that JESUS is the SUPREME GOD is just not valid. JESUS clearly stated WHO HE was when HE came to to this. In Mathew 16:16, Peter told HIM that "YOU are the SON of the MOST HIGH GOD." Remember that JESUS did not argue with Peter but rather said that this "revelation" was given to you from above by MY "FATHER."

One numerous occasions, JESUS told us in plain language that HE is the SON. That makes JESUS a GOD but not the ALMIGHTY GOD WHO is the FATHER.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2012
^
The Poster NEVER said Jesus is the Supreme God o. He said, Jesus is NOT the Supreme God. God is NOT a personal name.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jesus Christ is both man and God, hence the mystery as mentioned by Paul.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness, God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.—1 TIMOTHY 3:16.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God - John 1:1

In the book of Hebrews God refers to Jesus Christ as GOD.

But about the Son he says,

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God,
has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”[e]

He also says,

In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.” - Hebrews 1:8-12

This is clearly a mystery , so let us accept it the way it is written in scripture to avoid further doubt and the misleading of others.

Thank You.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jesus was like adam when he was born. But After the bathism of jesus. The bible says the heaven open and the full Holy Spirit of God decend upon Him. From that moment God take charge of him as it own mouth piace. It was done and leed by the Holy Spirit as He speak it was God who speaks. He became God because the Word was God not from His own. If God send me a message to lagos and was lead by the Holy Spirit as i convey the Word of God then i represent God because He is the Word.

2 Likes

Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
Jesus was like adam when he was born. But After the bathism of jesus. The bible says the heaven open and the full Holy Spirit of God decend upon Him. From that moment God take charge of him as it own mouth piace. It was done and leed by the Holy Spirit as He speak it was God who speaks. He became God because the Word was God not from His own. If God send me a message to lagos and was lead by the Holy Spirit as i convey the Word of God then i represent God because He is the Word.

Brother lets us not debate on things that we are not completely and 100% sure of, what matters is how we live in obedience to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

On the last day we better be found of him in peace and holiness !!!
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ frosbel,

The mystery is NOT difficult. We have the complete bible to search the truth. I believe Jesus is also God but distinct from the God, the Father. God is not a personal name. The personal name for God, the father is Yahweh. Personal name for the son is Jesus who is also God in the God family.

What exactly is your point here?
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
John 10:34,
Jesus answerd them, is it not written in your law, i said, ye are gods
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by rastamouse: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
Goshen360: ^
The Poster NEVER said Jesus is the Supreme God o. He said, Jesus is NOT the Supreme God. God is NOT a personal name.

JESUS described HIMSELF as the SON. HE is definetely not the ALMIGHTY GOD
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ frosbel,

The mystery is NOT difficult. We have the complete bible to search the truth. I believe Jesus is also God but distinct from the God, the Father. God is not a personal name. The personal name for God, the father is Yahweh. Personal name for the son is Jesus who is also God in the God family.

What exactly is your point here?

My point is that God or Yahweh is one entity.

God is the Father, the Son and also the Spirit.

Jesus Christ as a man was subject to God but as God he had the power to lay down his life and take it up again.

If Paul could call it a mystery I wonder why we are trying to decipher the constitution of God rather than heed the contents of his word ?
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
John 10:33
the jews answered him saying, for a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

So jesus is God as He's said to be the Son of the Suprime God, but not the Suprime God. We all as man are also Gods we came from the Suprime God as free will.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ frosbel,

I was doing a study recently and got to know that "God" is NOT is personal name. I believe this is where we get lost st times. John 1:1 is very clear about this subject.

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.

It is very clear here that "God" is NOT the name of one person/being/deity.

There was a God in the beginning
There was a Word in the beginning and this Word is also God.

So the Word is called God and there is also God who is also at the beginning. Hence, the son is God and the father is God.

Kindly do a word study on God.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
John 10:33
the jews answered him saying, for a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
So jesus is God as He's said to be the Son of the Suprime God, but not the Suprime God. We all as man are also Gods we came from the Suprime God as free will.

Am with you bro Joel. God - the father is distinct from the son. Jesus is God but distinct from God the father.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
Why i am correcting this topic. Is that many big pasters and fathers have been mislead and teaching Jesus as God the Creator. Even jesus cried on the cross. Saying father why are you forsaking me. Meaning its the Will of the Father not by He's own will
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Goshen360(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
Why i am correcting this topic. Is that many big pasters and fathers have been mislead and teaching Jesus as God the Creator.

There is nothing misleading here BUT let's see what you want to teach/correct. Go ahead.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:3

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. Col 1:16
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
That was God Himself now. Jehoval manifirsted His Word through the flash jesus by the Spirit. I came by the Holy Spirit as flash to speak of God Word is the suprime that is talking about there. Its a spiritual and mistical word, bible is not a text book. Jehoval is the Spirit,Word,Light,God
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
If God send me to ur house to speak His Word and i came. Then its God Himself that come to ur house. His the Word. He came to the earth by the Word through Jesus. Jehoval does Hes mistacal work with the Spirit.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by rastamouse: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2012
Each time that JESUS spoke about HIMSELF, HE referred to HIMSELF as the SON of GOD. HE never once said HE was the ALMIGHTY GOD.

However HE is part of the TRINITY and that makes HIM a GOD!
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by ijawkid(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
@frosbel...how many timÉs will I tell u that it wasn't Yahweh who called Jesus god in that hebrews u quoted but rather it was a re-quote of what david said in psalms chapter 45:5-7 if I'm not mistÀken.....please read that psalms and tell me who made those statements?

it will be heresy if Ù say Yahweh called Jesus God.....please dnt ever think down dat line my brother....and please d next verse,verse 9 of hebrews chpter 1 immediately tells u who the God of Jesus is...
It says and I quote""thou hast loved righteousness,and hated iniquity,therefore God,even thy God,hath anointed thee with d oil of gladness above thy fellows"""

If u were told to read verses 8 and 9 of that hebrews and to interprete it how would u go about it

Apostle paul was only re-quoting a verse frm d psalms that applies to Jesus....that scripture even had an earlier fulfillment on solomon davids son...and then later to Jesus d greater solomon.......

How would Yahweh call Jesus God and then still anoint him??.....would there be any need for annointing if Jesus was d almighty God
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2012
Let me say this last word. God never leave his throne. He does the work with thd Spirit. He uses mouthpiace of others. Jesus is a mouthpiace but greater than any other. moses is also the voice of God.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
ijawkid: @frosbel...how many timÉs will I tell u that it wasn't Yahweh who called Jesus god in that hebrews u quoted but rather it was a re-quote of what david said in psalms chapter 45:5-7 if I'm not mistÀken.....please read that psalms and tell me who made those statements?

it will be heresy if Ù say Yahweh called Jesus God.....please dnt ever think down dat line my brother....and please d next verse,verse 9 of hebrews chpter 1 immediately tells u who the God of Jesus is...
It says and I quote""thou hast loved righteousness,and hated iniquity,therefore God,even thy God,hath anointed thee with d oil of gladness above thy fellows"""

If u were told to read verses 8 and 9 of that hebrews and to interprete it how would u go about it

Apostle paul was only re-quoting a verse frm d psalms that applies to Jesus....that scripture even had an earlier fulfillment on solomon davids son...and then later to Jesus d greater solomon.......

How would Yahweh call Jesus God and then still anoint him??.....would there be any need for annointing if Jesus was d almighty God

You are not comparing scripture with scripture.

Let me help you further from this excerpt in John 10. I bet the Jews understood the claims of Jesus better than you in terms of the true meaning.

" Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.I and the Father are one.”
Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” - John 10 :25-31

First off, only God can give eternal life, something Jesus says he will provide to his sheep.

Secondly the Jews understood his claim to be GOD.
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by LogicMind: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Perhaps he should have used the electronic media more and traveled a lot wider.

lol. how far do you think he'd have gone on a donkey? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2012
@logic man, what is ur take or claims there?
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by LogicMind: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2012
Joel.:
@logic man, what is ur take or claims there?

this man apparantely through some unknown voodoo created everything but can only find a donkey as his only means of locomotion. To be used only on special occasions like the triumphant entry.

my mind says "shiiiiiit".
Re: He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not by Joel3(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2012
Ok thank u. Plz i beg u. I knw u don't fear God. But plz don't derail this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. / Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.