Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,461 members, 7,894,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10913497 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10110) (10111) (10112) (10113) (10114) (10115) (10116) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

The pushback against the protests is the reason why the Nigerian people will continue to suffer at the hands of our heartless leaders.

We are not united enough, courageous enough, or indeed selfless enough to see a grassroots/popular revolution to its logical conclusion.

People have started complaining about how their individual lives are being affected and are taking a short term view rather than thinking long term and putting the objectives of the group ahead of their individual goals.

Most grass-root revolutions develop organically and often spontaneously so it does not really matter what the initial aims and demands were, the people have a right to demand more and more from their leaders (who are meant to be servants of the people not masters).

Eminently notable examples of this are the French and American Revolutions in which the initial demands were minor but the ultimate changes were seismic.

Even more recent popular protests/uprisings globally have often started from what initially seemed to be a trivial matter. A good example is the Arab Spring’s origin in Tunisia. What makes it even more ironic is that many of these regimes and governments committed far less crimes against their people than the Nigerian political class before their people united to kick them out.

This is in no way castigatory about any specific person. Everyone has a right to support or oppose the protesters. Rather it is a commentary on the Nigerian psyche and why it is almost impossible to effect real and permanent change based on civilian protests alone.

Jah bless you, doc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
elrony:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin

Bro TJ is disguising in Otem's cage. Moni ki werey soro soke and hawk his Kogi god. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
If Nigerians carry on this protest for 2 more weeks in the face of increased aggression and don't go running for their lives, then I'll know we are a bit more serious.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bunsenbun(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
SirAce:
Doctors in the house, I’ve been experiencing cold every morning for 2 weeks now. I’ve gone for test, They said Typhoid, I’ve treated it but I still get cold every morning Any ideas?
we Dey The Same Boat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2020
airmark:

grin grin grin

Bro TJ is disguising in Otem's cage. Moni ki werey soro soke and hawk his Kogi god. grin

LMAO grin grin grin #EndPoliceBrutality
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ibime:
If Nigerians carry on this protest for 2 more weeks in the face of increased aggression and don't go running for their lives, then I'll know we are a bit more serious.

I do earnestly hope it gets sustained and not sabotaged. It's been commendable so far.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
elrony:

I do earnestly hope it gets sustained and not sabotaged. It's been commendable so far.

If the protests are sustained then the demands must be upgraded. Mere police reform is not enough. It might take 50 more years before people can come together like this again. The people must seize the day and strike while the iron is hot.

This is possibly a singular opportunity to effect positive change, but unfortunately i don't think we as a people have it in us to do the needful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
watermark:

Airhead + watermark = MMM & swimming merchant grin
This Otem issue dey pain you gan o; if not, you wouldn't keep on ranting. Even if you rant from now till the next 10 years or longer, it's all an exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Herbiedeen(m): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
SirAce:
Doctors in the house, I’ve been experiencing cold every morning for 2 weeks now. I’ve gone for test, They said Typhoid, I’ve treated it but I still get cold every morning Any ideas?
Make use of Garlic Alium Complex and Carotenoid Complex.........They are both Neo Life food supplement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SirAce: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Make use of Garlic Alium Complex and Carotenoid Complex.........They are both Neo Life food supplement
Thank u, I’ll give it a try.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

If the protests are sustained then the demands must be upgraded. Mere police reform is not enough. It might take 50 more years before people can come together like this again. The people must seize the day and strike while the iron is hot.

This is possibly a singular opportunity to effect positive change, but unfortunately i don't think we as a people have it in us to do the needful.

I honestly hope it spirals from just reforming the police into more governance related demands, cos it might take another generation to see this kinda window again.

The Nigerian government must be worse than that of the slave masters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6185989/hackers-take-over-industrial-courts

For real? Anonymous mean business o

Though the govt has said it's fake
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
Unlimited22:

Have you seen any instances of protesters attacking anyone, except those thugs in Abuja, and in self defence? Uncle eff, maybe Na you suppose calm down grin
I'm not referring to the protest. I'm addressing the Nigerian flag issue. It has nothing to do with the protest. If at any point I suggested that the soldiers should shoot at the protesters, please help me quote am so I can correct it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
SirAce:

You should go to a proper doctor who applies current guidelines and best practices. Most likely you do not have Typhoid fever which is often over-diagnosed in Nigeria because of the misleading testing method most labs/hospitals use.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
my starboy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Herbiedeen(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
SirAce:
Thank u, I’ll give it a try.
Okay... But you can't get them in a chemist or pharmacy oh... you'd have to get it through one of their distributors
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
eph12:

I'm not referring to the protest. I'm addressing the Nigerian flag issue. It has nothing to do with the protest. If at any point I suggested that the soldiers should shoot at the protesters, please help me quote am so I can correct it
grin grin
The fact remains that it is treason for a Nigerian soldier to shoot at the Nigerian flag. That's my point.

The protesters are not wereys. They won't go and attack soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HewlettPackard: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
elrony:

Special appreciation to those feminist coven babes running logistics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
airmark:
KDB and Jesus out of Fraudiola vs Arteta's clash.

Punters know what to do. cheesy
so no KDB, no Gabriel, no Sterling, no Aguero, it is ok cheesy Pep go pack bus with him 500m defenders grin besides B.Silva, Foden, Mahrez, Torres dey available abi, Pep go perpetuate outcome las las grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
Unlimited22:

grin grin
The fact remains that it is treason for a Nigerian soldier to shoot at the Nigerian flag. That's my point.

The protesters are not wereys. They won't go and attack soldiers.
Lol is it still treason if boko boys carry the flag and attack soldiers dem?

Abeg leave protesters out of this face your Nigerian flag talk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2020
This Policeman sha. He earns N64K and him wife born pikin 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

He should also do his part to help himself by wearing rubber

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
eph12:

PNWC undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ibime:
This Policeman sha. He earns N64K and him wife born pikin 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

He should also do his part to help himself by wearing rubber

Na ontop him wife weyrey dey do exercise. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ibime:

elrony:

A new Nigeria is coming which is very sure...It has been said dat wen Nigeria marks 60th independence Nigeria will begin to develop,, I tot magic was going to happen as soon as it was October 1st,,I never knew dat AntiSARS protest will be d entry route...we still don't know weda d protest will be sustained or not,but a lot of people have been saying Nigeria will change and I think D's is d time,,nothing can stop it...It will look like a movie,,but one tin is sure,,a new Nigeria is coming,, a corruption free Nigeria is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Rx4OvB3aw

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 2emotional(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2020
airmark:
KDB and Jesus out of Fraudiola vs Arteta's clash.

Punters know what to do. cheesy
thought aguero is back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
eph12:

I don't know Y u are still thinking twisted thinking... No body has even attacked police or d said SARS,, Y should they attack soldiers?... carrying d flag is not about avoiding attack,,it's about showing seriousness to d cause

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
They rejected Drinks from Chief Thug in Lagos

Way to go cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
BlueMann:
Silva out (due to jet lag)
Chilwell in the squad, but Mendy misses out.
Most importantly, Ziyech will NOT start, but Lamps hopes to give him some minutes.

if na me that front three would be Pulisic, Abraham and Werner but na Lampard I sure say Mount go start so

Kepa
James Christensen Zouma Chilwell
Kante Jorginho
Mount Werner Pulisic

I for like Kovacic to start but we have CL against Sevilla, Kovacic can come on for one of Jorginho or Kante
Ziyech to come on for either Mount or Pulisic
Cesar for Sevilla match
Abraham/Giroud to come on for Werner
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:

if na me that front three would be Pulisic, Abraham and Werner but na Lampard I sure say Mount go start so

Kepa
James Christensen Zouma Chilwell
Kante Jorginho
Mount Werner Pulisic

I for like Kovacic to start but we have CL against Sevilla, Kovacic can come on for one of Jorginho or Kante
Ziyech to come on for either Mount or Pulisic
Cesar for Sevilla match
Abraham/Giroud to come on for Werner
tot I heard kante has a little injury

(1) (2) (3) ... (10110) (10111) (10112) (10113) (10114) (10115) (10116) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, monerozi5590 and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.