Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10782370 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10366) (10367) (10368) (10369) (10370) (10371) (10372) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/soldiers-kept-shooting-witnesses-testify-192839869.html

This is an eyewitness account. I know u will still have reason to either disprove this or write it off entirely; but it's all good

At what point do we actually put emotions aside and ask logical questions?

Today makes it 28 days that the shooting happened, is it that after carting away the dead bodies, the Army also went to their houses and cart away their families and relatives?

If after close to a month that the army opened fire directly at protesters and carted dead bodies away in 2 vans and we are yet to start seeing different missing person flooding both social media and offline, you have to begin to question what you actually believe in.

Last week or thereabouts they have already started trending hashtag that DJ Switch didn’t make any allegations and all she did was do live stream of the shooting whereas DJ switch was the one that started the Army carted away bodies allegations.

If you still believe massacre happened that night, I cannot disprove it for you so you can continue to believe what you believe in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ibime:

Bro, I am talking about the CNN Report, nothing else. According to the CNN report, the witnesses said they saw Police taking away bodies.

The devil of the report is in the detail. Let me remind you of my deductions. My deductions are not in support of Govts position but my understanding after watching several videos, for example I never bought the bullshït of only blanks being used.

Let's walk through what happened:

The army started shooting at 7pm and left sometime at or before 8pm.

Their shooting was videod from the high-rise and showed no bodies being carted away.

I said they shot in the air but there may be a handful of horizontal shots. CNN said they scoured over a hundred hours of video and highlighted two horizontal shots.

I deduced from One Souls evidence, after the army cleared out, the Police came later that evening and shot people and were fighting area boys in Lekki-Ajah axis. The CNN video confirms that Police came and according to witnesses were shooting and took bodies away. DJSwitch may have confused army with Police.

The missing person who they ended the report with a video of him being shot timestamped at 1.04am was a Police casualty as army had cleared out hours before.

My conclusion was to get to the detail of the matter, not to take any Govt position cos it never made sense to me that you would shoot into a crowd with so few casualties, and I also know the behaviour of army in riot situations having grown up during military era and suspected their behaviour at Lekki was no different to how they used to behave when I was growing up.

There are many issues conflated in what happened but if you follow the details and timeline you can break it down into two things - (1.) Army doing what army have always done in riots which is shoot in the air with a few stray bullets, and (2.) Police later coming to do what Police usually do which is shoot at civilians as we saw in other parts of the country during the same period.

The CNN report confirms all of the above and not much beyond.

The only part I am still unclear about is how much of Police shooting is attributable to the war they had with boys in Lekki-Ajah and how much can be delineated solely to the Lekki protestors. Premium times already told us of one Police corporal that came to Lekki and shot one disabled boy there, but there are two separate incidents that night in the same area on the same night, and I have no doubt Police would have taken some bodies. The Police part of the matter is largely un-videod because the crowd was dispersed by then and individual people were under horizontal fire, but the army shooting is extensively documented on video and is in a crowd situation.

I understand ur point . One thing is clear; whoever led that assault team was given order to clear the toll gate no matter what it will take. He did just that by both having his boys shoot in the air for the purpose of their own camera recordings and shooting at protesters too to scare others that wouldn’t budge.

They had everything planned ; taking out the light, external camera recordings and all...: what they never planned for was Dj Switch’s live video and that is the only reason we have tiny bits of evidence here and there. Without her live video we probably would’ve waved the incident aside like we all did the massacre of Shiites sect in Kaduna.

Our government backed army is capable of much more Terror than u can ever fathom

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

At what point do we actually put emotions aside and ask logical questions?

Today makes it 28 days that the shooting happened, is it that after carting away the dead bodies, the Army also went to their houses and cart away their families and relatives?

If after close to a month that the army opened fire directly at protesters and carted dead bodies away in 2 vans and we are yet to start seeing different missing person flooding both social media and offline, you have to begin to question what you actually believe in.

Last week or thereabouts they have already started trending hashtag that DJ Switch didn’t make any allegations and all she did was do live stream of the shooting whereas DJ switch was the one that started the Army carted away bodies allegations.

If you still believe massacre happened that night, I cannot disprove it for you so you can continue to believe what you believe in.

So the 2 families mentioned in the CNN account of the incident are not victims’ families ? Mehn !

It is well .

As if it’s not this same Nigeria a boy who made a video of a politician shooting at protesters was missing few days after and his corpse later found. Smh .... baba continue believing what u wish to believe

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
Chelsea are set to be without Christian Pulisic, Kai Havertz and Thiago Silva for this weekend's trip to Newcastle. Frank Lampard's side are looking to continue their fine form from before the international break.

Chilwell fit no even start self. Our back line go change face
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Im not twisting what he said ; he quoted Sextion 217 2C of the cinstitution that allowed them to intervene when theres breakdown of law and order. He then confirmed under cross examination that the protesters at Lekki werw peaceful. Does it make sense to u to say u want to restore order amongst people u agree to
Have been peaceful?

So u actualky believe the blank shots they fired in the air led to multiple gun shots wound sustained by protesters and those that have been confirmed dead ? Na wa o

You are twisting what the general said.

The general said it clearly that Gov Sanwoolu was the one that invited them to intervene to help restore law and order since police stations are been overrun. He quoted that part of the section where the Gov derive the power to invite the military to help restore law and order.

You are talking as if the General said they were ordered to Lekki tollgate only. The Gov already imposed a curfew and invited the military to help enforce the curfew since the police were been attacked and their police stations burnt down. The General even expressed disappointment on why Sanwoolu could have initially deny inviting the military.

The general said when their officer got to Lekki tollgate, they shot in the air to disperse the protesters as they have no reason to shoot into such a large crowd and that they were peaceful.

There were no contradiction in what the general said.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

So the 2 families mentioned in the CNN account of the incident are not victims’ families ? Mehn !

It is well .

As if it’s not this same Nigeria a boy who made a video of a politician shooting at protesters was missing few days after and his corpse later found. Smh .... baba continue believing what u wish to believe

Did anyone disputed the fact that people died that night? Even Sanwoolu himself confirm that 2 people died.

What is being disproved is that a massacre happened.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
Femi Adesina junior at work..... It is well lipsrsealed

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

Did anyone disputed the fact that people died that night? Even Sanwoolu himself confirm that 2 people died.

What is being disproved is that a massacre happened.

These are just semantics I’m not ready to start arguing about. You can decide to adopt any word to describe the show of horror we watched on live video that night.

U probably think it was because the incident was referred to “ massacre “ instead of the government’s preferred word “shootings “ , that was why the lootings, destruction of properties and other crimes followed.

Well let me break it to u; those who carried out those acts didn’t even care about the semantics..... the thugs who burnt down the government properties like high court , BRT etc cared less about that.

The CNN investigative video has confirmed what we’ve said all along :

1. People were killed by the army
2. Live bullets were fired

But guess what? The government has refused to be man enough to take responsibility. How do u still keep taking sides with government in spite of all this ? How ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Captprodigy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
macjireh:

dat is not d end ooo...civil war may happen in ds country under buharis government... we have to pray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wic5AIks-TY

Okay
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

These are just semantics I’m not ready to start arguing about. You can decide to adopt any word to describe the show of horror we watched on live video that night.

U probably think it was because the incident was referred to “ massacre “ instead of the government’s preferred word “shootings “ , that was why the lootings, destruction of properties and other crimes followed.

Well let me break it to u; those who carried out those acts didn’t even care about the semantics..... the thugs who burnt down the government properties like high court , BRT etc cared less about that.

But guess what? The government has refused to be man enough to take responsibility. How do u still keep taking sides with government in spite of all this ? How ?

https://twitter.com/goziconc/status/1329072190650662928?s=21

That is BBC interview with one of their reporters that was on ground at the protest ground a day after the shootings.

Well maybe BBC and it’s reporters are working for the Nigerian Govt.

cc Ibime nihilistjnr airmark
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Like I don't understand why someone will still defend this govt....Sanwo olu don use style ghost lagosians no more tweets and press briefing again

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
grin

Mikel before Chelsea and Mou happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUlZwJ0J34

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

That is BBC interview with one of their reporters that was on ground at the protest ground a day after the shootings.

Guy ! Haba now...

1. The BBC said they initially shot in the air ( protesters and CNN confirmed they shot in the air as well as at protesters too)

2. The BBC reporter said they left the scene after 20 minutes of shooting . CNN has a footage of 101 minutes they analyzed that showed people were in pool of blood on the floor .

So in ur bid to defend the government u brought out a video of a reporter talking about the few minutes they spent at the scene before they left for their own safety .... Guy why ?

3. From the CNN footage it was confirmed the army were shooting from both ends . The BBC lady indirectly confirmed this by saying they had to identify themselves before they were given safe passage. So somehow u think the army that that sardined protesters on both sides were trying to disperse them Abi?

Hey God ! Na wa o. I don’t even know what to say anymore

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
Like I don't understand why someone will still defend this govt....Sanwo olu don use style ghost lagosians no more tweets and press briefing again

It’s quite unfortunate ! Most party people I know have refrained from trying to defend the government knowing how ugly the whole thing now looks .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Chelsea are set to be without Christian Pulisic, Kai Havertz and Thiago Silva for this weekend's trip to Newcastle. Frank Lampard's side are looking to continue their fine form from before the international break.

Chilwell fit no even start self. Our back line go change face
Is there any update on Havertz?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Actman05:

3 of them are not match fit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
The heart of man. Mehn.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Guy ! Haba now...

1. The BBC said they initially shot in the air ( protesters and CNN confirmed they shot in the air as well as at protesters too)

2. The BBC reporter said they left the scene after 20 minutes of shooting . CNN has a footage of 101 minutes they analyzed that showed people were in pool of blood on the floor .

So in ur bid to defend the government u brought out a video of a reporter talking about the few minutes they spent at the scene before they left for their own safety .... Guy why ?

3. From the CNN footage it was confirmed the army were shooting from both ends . The BBC lady indirectly confirmed this by saying they had to identify themselves before they were giving safe passage. So somehow u think the army that that sardined protesters on both sides were trying to disperse them Abi?

Hey God ! Na wa o. I don’t even know what to say anymore

Maybe you should watch the video again. The lady clearly said the soldiers were shooting sporadically into the air. She said it twice.

She also said they shot for more than 20mins and they left the scene after about 30mins later.

All other account of the event said the army came and started shooting at protesters. What with the bbc reporter said she witness, we can say those other account is a lie and what she said tally with what the General said at the Judicial panel.

They didn’t spend few mins there, they spent almost half of the time the military spent there and she confirmed they were shooting in the air. Nowhere in that almost 5mins video did she remotely say the military shoot directly at people.

For emphasis, I will say it again that she said it TWICE that the soldiers were shooting in the air.

Like I said earlier, nothing will change your view that no massacre happened and that’s ok. You are free to hold whatever opinion you like. Truth is fact doesn’t support any claim that massacre happened.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

Mikel before Chelsea and Mou happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUlZwJ0J34

Mikel is the player whose destiny was most affected by Mourinho. When you compare Under-17 and Under-21 Mikel to the risk averse version that Mourinho molded it is a travesty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

Mikel is the player whose destiny was most affected by Mourinho. When you compare Under-17 and Under-21 Mikel to the risk averse version that Mourinho molded it is a travesty.

Mou did destroy Mikel's Potentials. Though he won it all at Chelsea, but obviously didn't live up to his Potentials.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

I had decided not to comment on this issue again and an interview of a scared BBC reporter that obviously scampered for safety immediately she heard the thunderous sounds of gunshots, won't lure me back.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
Actman05:

I think he may have recovered, cos I read that he has been given the all clear to return to training. But I guess he lost too much fitness, and this match is too soon for him.

Lampard go confirm later sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

Wetyn you dey defend sir? Say them kill but them no kill plenty? Government is busy picking up protesters from their homes, restricting accounts and movement, etc. Mehn. Leave the defense for now. This government no worth am. Except you buy into their ideology.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
3 of them are not match fit
Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
Gilmour is indeed starting for the development ream. Drinkwater is also starting.

Anjorin has our only goal so far, assisted by Tino Livramento. We are down 2-1.

This Livramento guy, I don dey hear e name since. I need to watch him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
airmark:

I had decided not to comment on this issue again and an interview of a scared BBC reporter that obviously scampered for safety immediately she heard the thunderous sounds of gunshots, won't lure me back.

If you watched the video, she made the video a day after the shooting and she even mentioned that had gone to the Lekki tollgate that morning and also to other parts of Lagos.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueMann:

I think he may have recovered, cos I read that he has been given the all clear to return to training. But I guess he lost too much fitness, and this match is too soon for him.

Lampard go confirm later sha.
Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
larride:

Maybe you should watch the video again. The lady clearly said the soldiers were shooting sporadically into the air. She said it twice.

She also said they shot for more than 20mins and they left the scene after about 30mins later.

All other account of the event said the army came and started shooting at protesters. What with the bbc reporter said she witness, we can say those other account is a lie and what she said tally with what the General said at the Judicial panel.

They didn’t spend few mins there, they spent almost half of the time the military spent there and she confirmed they were shooting in the air. Nowhere in that almost 5mins video did she remotely say the military shoot directly at people.

For emphasis, I will say it again that she said it TWICE that the soldiers were shooting in the air.

Like I said earlier, nothing will change your view that no massacre happened and that’s ok. You are free to hold whatever opinion you like. Truth is fact doesn’t support any claim that massacre happened.

Na wa o. U obviously don’t know how u are sounding now.

U will make assumptions based on the account of someone who clearly stated she left the scene in between the shooting , but have vowed never to believe the account of Dj switch who was present all tru the night and even made a live video who is to have a glimpse of the horror show.

Is this what party loyalty does to people ?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
The 10 best playmakers in the world according to FourFourTwo:

10. Jack Grealish
9. Christian Eriksen
8. Martin Odegaard
7. Giovanni Reyna
6. Papu Gomez
5. Kai Havertz
4. Bruno Fernandes
3. James Rodriguez
2. Kevin De Bruyne
1. Thomas Muller

Who is Papu Gomez?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
odizeey:

Wetyn you dey defend sir? Say them kill but them no kill plenty? Government is busy picking up protesters from their homes, restricting accounts and movement, etc. Mehn. Leave the defense for now. This government no worth am. Except you buy into their ideology.

What do you see me defending?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:

10. Jack Grealish
9. Christian Eriksen
8. Martin Odegaard
7. Giovanni Reyna
6. Papu Gomez
5. Kai Havertz
4. Bruno Fernandes
3. James Rodriguez
2. Kevin De Bruyne
1. Thomas Muller

Who is Papu Gomez?

Atalanta's captain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:

10. Jack Grealish
9. Christian Eriksen
8. Martin Odegaard
7. Giovanni Reyna
6. Papu Gomez
5. Kai Havertz
4. Bruno Fernandes
3. James Rodriguez
2. Kevin De Bruyne
1. Thomas Muller

Who is Papu Gomez?

This list na since October dem release am. Maybe that's why the wizard isn't here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10366) (10367) (10368) (10369) (10370) (10371) (10372) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.