Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,469 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10831121 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) (10966) ... (19552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ibime:
Ballack had no business taking Leverkusen nor that Germany team to finals.

He is just an unlucky son of a gun and one of the greatest midfielders of his generation.

But if his case can be used to point out the hypocrisy in Raumdeuters UCL or World Cup thesis, I'm all in.
Ballack is an all time great but anything to fault Dayo's logic...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

See below

In case you didn't finish reading it....this is the concluding part.

Ibime:

But if his case can be used to point out the hypocrisy in Raumdeuters UCL or World Cup thesis, I'm all in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
kendrick93:
Ballack didn't carry them,
he was just the star player.
That German team had probably the best Gk on the planet then Oliver kahn, strikers like klose, Neuville, bierhoff, amongst others..
Don't forget too that the only top team Germany faced in the knockouts were Brazil which they lost..
Yes they did reached the final but it was Usa, Paraguay, s/ Korea..
Not exactly football powerhouses

I disagree although you make a decent point about the draw. These were scrub players as at then. Neuville was a very short average striker who they used to play wide but were forced to play him through the centre because their erstwhile starting striker Carsten Jancker was a donkey. Bierhoff was long finished and Klose was a nobody. Jens Jeremies in DM, Metzelder, Ramelow and co in defence. It's the worst Germany squad I've ever seen. England even trashed them 5-1 in Germany before the tournament.

The only good players there were Ballack and Kahn, with Didi Hamman, Bernd Schneider and Torsten Frings the others I would consider decent. The other big names there like Linke, Bode and Bierhoff were way past their prime and should not have been still playing for Germany if not for lack of talent coming through.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Na werey dey manage this sevilla account.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Why did Germany play those countries, was it because the other strong team got beaten by these same teams that Germany beat? Korea eliminated Spain and Italy before playing Germany

No one will watch Germany 2002 and be mentioning Neuville and Bierhoff it simply shows someone who went to Wikipedia to glance at names
Its always better to leave all these football talks to those who actually watched these games
Is it Neuville a striker who had 1 goal the entire competition or Bierhoff that played a sum total of 76mins in the entire tournament of over 630mins is now the key striker helping Germany

Ballack missed the final due to a suspension
Semi final Ballack lone goal winner
Quarter final Ballack lone goal winner
Just like one player can do the job at group stage, 2nd round and quarters yet you don't rate him because another scored in crucial games...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 8:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
You must be joking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
Capaldi:

You must be joking.
I am tired of schooling you...Not tonight...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
I am tired of schooling you...Not tonight...
You actually called Ballack an all time great. O my good Lord. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawgg: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
Wahala be like 'How old are you'?

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Abeg Skimpledawgg Who sabi use head pass (to score goals) - Tim Cahill or Marouane Fellaini?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
patrickmuf:

Then bring facts. I am still waiting for the team that has never won the league in their history yet made the CL final like Ballack did for Leverkusen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
Just like one player can do the job at group stage, 2nd round and quarters yet you don't rate him because another scored in crucial games...

Patrick I have been waiting for the EPL team that has never won the league before so we can see the level Leverkusen was
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawgg: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Leyqute:
Abeg Skimpledawgg Who sabi use head pass (to score goals) - Tim Cahill or Marouane Fellaini?
I go for Tim Cahill o.

That guy was a Tiger . His aggressive way of nodding balls was a whole lot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2021
Who be this Sanusi guy wey dey play LB for Porto?

Ahmed Musa done finally get Northern teammate for Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
timbros:

[s]More shame on you for not giving a player the benefit of doubt.

Sarri came with a brand of football we have never played before. You refuse to realise that some players will fit in and some may not. You never bothered what was the problem why this player you rated suddenly stopped performing. Instead you threw Kovacic away, concluding that his prime is gone, blaming Madrid for sell "grade B" players to us always.

More shame on you[/s] grin cheesy

You are still implicating your Sarri with all these shalaye.

Thank God Sarri left us as he almost ruined Kovacic's football career with his 1000 passes, no goal system. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
Chelsea need to go for halaand

The boy is a beast.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawgg: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
Haaland sha

What a player!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
OVA200:
Na werey dey manage this sevilla account.

Honestly, I don't know what Sevilla is doing in CL KO stage. They should have settled for 3rd place Jeje and aim for Europa league success.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
Leyqute:

Tim Cahill
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
Skimpledawgg:

I go for Tim Cahill o.

That guy was a Tiger . His aggressive way of nodding balls was a whole lot.

Agree. Same for me. Fellaini was the taller player but Cahil was more lethal in the air. There was a time Moyes had all his strikers injured and he played Cahil as a false nine.

He was more of a goal threat in the air than Fellaini.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
popizaino:

Tim Cahill

Agreed. Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
This Richarlison always seems frustrated or angry. I rarely see him with a bright demeanour. Always looking serious or displeased about something.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
Chelsea need to go for halaand

The boy is a beast.

Lol. You think the guy doesnt have ambition ?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
Porto doing Juve sharp sharp hotel things

Marega makes it 2 - 0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ibime:
Who be this Sanusi guy wey dey play LB for Porto?

Ahmed Musa done finally get Northern teammate for Super Eagles.

Dude looks solid, he had a good game against City. He got capped by Super Eagles last year too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
Na Messi own yesterday, will today be the Ronaldo dragging day

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Lol. You think the guy doesnt have ambition ?
which ambition pass money?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
olabode89:

Dude looks solid, he had a good game against City. He got capped by Super Eagles last year too.

He looks nothing like 23 though. I hope not another one that will burn out after 3 years

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
which ambition pass money?

Fortunately no be only una get money and teams wey need striker plenty

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2021
Wow Dortmund has really surprised me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
Well Sevilla are bottlers in the UCL themselves Sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Patrick I have been waiting for the EPL team that has never won the league before so we can see the level Leverkusen was

Stop shooting yourself further. .....making the ucl finals without winning the bundesliga even makes it look like fluke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) (10966) ... (19552) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, UncleHaba22, chic2pimp(m), Emaprince, popizaino(m), lordfalcao(m), Bluelines69, Debroslink, fredoooooo, a4turitoroman, swiz123(m), Theflint1(m), MrLibrarian(m), iamoyindamola(m), ouzo1(m), raumdeuter and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.