Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,311 members, 7,961,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11239790 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11175) (11176) (11177) (11178) (11179) (11180) (11181) ... (19984) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
User09:

I agree the goal was beautiful, but James was also ball watching there

Allowed him room to attempt
Have you ever played football at any level?

If you have you'll know there's very little to nothing anyone could've done there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
If Dortmund can just knockout the bald fraud tomorrow.

We only need one bald manager in the semis.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
Unlimited22:

Have you ever played football at any level?

If you have you'll know there's very little to nothing anyone could've done there.

Let's agree to disagree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
Our attack isn't good enough to beat PSG, Madrid or City tbh, but I believe our the organisation of our defence gives us a decent chance of a result

Come on lads

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
BikeMan:
Raumdeuter won't forget this face.
Boatank had him in his back pocket today angry.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
BlueMann:
I lost count of how many fouls Pulisic won grin
Thank God became through unscathed.

Seriously! I don dey fear o Pulisic wey be plastic leg

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Thecassanova:
We don’t need to rush our energy, we playing city next.

A more crucial game to our top 4 hope
. I’m sure Tuchel told the players to calm down & see off the game.
... But that game no be epl nao
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
User09:

Let's agree to disagree
James was nearly faultless all night long. That goal was just special. Not Cafu, Carlos Alberto, Djalma Santos, Lahm, Josimar, Gary Neville, Alves, Costacurta, Maicon or Tassoti would've done anything there.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
raumdeuter:

9years ago. I won 9 months ago
Both in the past now. Just that one hurts you so much, you can't bear anything coloured blue since then.

This was you that night.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Boatank had him in his back pocket today angry.
Make him carry him pocket go play UCL semis na

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Sane is lazy though

Damn!!
lazy or selfish or both, he should be loaned to QPR with option 'not to be sold to any club'.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Sane is lazy though

Damn!!
Him follow eliminate Bayern sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
This Bayern Munich vs PSG match and Bayern Munich vs Atletico Madrid 2016 during pep Guardiola last season are the UCL matches I have enjoyed most in recent years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
nihilistjnr:
Our attack isn't good enough to beat PSG, Madrid or City tbh, but I believe our the organisation of our defence gives us a decent chance of a result

Come on lads

Bossman, I feel our attack IS good enough to beat those teams you mentioned. We might not have seemed overly convincing in terms of our attack, but I feel it has more to do with the approach from the manager, rather that the incapability of the attackers to perform. At the moment, Tuchel prefers to keep things under control, so he prefers to be more conservative and frustrate opponents. This is a stop gap approach, cause it is a contrast to the relentless gegenpressing TT is known for.

But when we decide to be more expressive and dial it up a notch, we can cause serious problems for anybody. Just that TT prefers taking a different approach for now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Madrid will be tough to beat, but it’s not impossible to beat them.

The only threat I see in that team is their midfielders, they don’t have the finishers it’ll take to dismantle our organized defense.

Hopefully, Tuchel considers Giroud as an option against them, because I can’t stand watching Harvertz against Ramos and Varane.

We’ll meet them, play them and if possible, knock them out like we did to Barcelona the best and most feared team in 2012 then.

Like this now, I no fear anybody papa for this UCL, bring them on.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
BlueMann:

Bossman, I feel our attack IS good enough to beat those teams you mentioned. We might not have seemed overly convincing in terms of our attack, but I feel it has more to do with the approach from the manager, rather that the incapability of the attackers to perform. At the moment, Tuchel prefers to keep things under control, so he prefers to be more conservative and frustrate opponents. This is a stop gap approach, cause it is a contrast to the relentless gegenpressing TT is known for.

But when we decide to be more expressive and dial it up a notch, we can cause serious problems for anybody. Just that TT prefers taking a different approach for now.

If you dial things up ten notches with Werner and Havertz in that attack, I no get hope.

I'm banking on defensive solidity to see us through, cos our attack is largely toothless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
User09:

Wow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
nihilistjnr:

If you dial things up ten notches with Werner and Havertz in that attack, I no get hope.

I'm banking on defensive solidity to see us through, cos our attack is largely toothless

You've got a good point sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nateevs2:
We are not controlling. Kovacic is essential to that control we assert in midfield.

Thanks for this, na monkey post analysts dey pray make Kovacic no play.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
BikeMan:
Both in the past now. Just that one hurts you so much, you can't bear anything coloured blue since then.

This was you that night.

Last time Chelsea played Bayern

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
popizaino:
This Bayern Munich vs PSG match and Bayern Munich vs Atletico Madrid 2016 during pep Guardiola last season are the UCL matches I have enjoyed most in recent years.

The Bayern home and away vs Chelsea last season were the games I enjoyed the most

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mbape is just too good.

The way he played with Bayern’s defenders in the first leg eh! The guy too gel abeg, Na complete package.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
BikeMan:
Raumdeuter, by the time my team plays the UCL semi-final , what will yours be playing?
Semo-vita

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Respect to a legend in the making!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
PDPGuy:
Respect to a legend in the making!
The most underrated player I've seen after busquets

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
Chelsea is in semis, while Bayern isn’t?

Mehn! Football is unpredictable sha.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
raumdeuter:

The Bayern home and away vs Chelsea last season were the games I enjoyed the most

Tbf with you I'm being honest.

There is nothing to enjoy about one sided game like the match between Chelsea and bayern Munich last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
popizaino:
Some people glorify Horberg but disregard Fabregas grin grin grin

Inside life

Some people only watch football for assist forgetting midfield work is multidimensional - creativity, control and defensive and Fabregas is abysmal at control and defensive aspect.

No wonder Monaco glued him to bench and he could only start 6 matches In Ligue1 this season as they challenge for title. Last season when they gave him shirt, he nearly relegated them.

Two Hojbergs will kill two Fabregas in any midfield battle.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ibime:

Some people only watch football for assist forgetting midfield work is multidimensional - creativity, control and defensive and Fabregas is abysmal at control and defensive aspect.

No wonder Monaco glued him to bench and he could only start 6 matches In Ligue1 this season as they challenge for title. Last season when they gave him shirt, he nearly relegated them.

Two Hojbergs will kill two Fabregas in any midfield battle.
He's in his thirties, his legs are gone.

Why did Bayern chase Hojbjerg away? Since he is a killer grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Unlimited22:

He's in his thirties, his legs are gone.

Why did Bayern chase Hojbjerg away? Since he is a killer grin

Have his legs been gone since 2015 when he has been a bench player back-to-back for 6 seasons straight?

He only just turned 33 and been a bench player since 27. His mates are still starring in top clubs and he can't even make Monaco first eleven after nearly relegating them two seasons in a row.

There is a reason why professional managers keep benching him for 6 seasons while armchair romantics fantasize about his assists. There's nothing to discuss about Fabregas that couldn't even fill common Matic shoes.

The two rough Malian or Guinean niggas benching him at Monaco are not even Hojbergs level.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ibime:

Have his legs been gone since 2015 when he has been a bench player back-to-back for 6 seasons straight?

He only just turned 33 and been a bench player since 27. His mates are still starring in top clubs and he can't even make Monaco first eleven after nearly relegating them two seasons in a row.

There is a reason why professional managers keep benching him for 6 seasons while armchair romantics fantasize about his assists. There's nothing to discuss about Fabregas that couldn't even fill common Matic shoes.

The two rough Malian or Guinean niggas benching him at Monaco are not even Hojbergs level.
Well, he won a lot as a starter even though he had to be played further forward with his country, simply because of the brilliance of Xavi.

At a point he was keeping a striker out of the Spain NT in a major Tournament.

Fab has his deficiencies especially on the defensive side, but to write him off totally is a no-no. There are very few players who are better on the ball and who have his vision and eye for a pass.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
No Kovacic against Man City

(1) (2) (3) ... (11175) (11176) (11177) (11178) (11179) (11180) (11181) ... (19984) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, andrewbaba44, raumdeuter, Leyqute(m), lajid, Ibunkun1(m), Altern8tor and 30 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.