Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10833156 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11453) (11454) (11455) (11456) (11457) (11458) (11459) ... (19559) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 9:13pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

It's quite funny how Odoi was doing well under TT then disappeared after one bad performance. We don't know, something may be going on in training, but he is too young to write him off. The problem is, when you demand to get paid like a superstar, you get judged like a superstar.
...I am not sure he does personal training. 3 years now odoi's shooting ability is still same, he rarely dribble. The guy should buckle up, just one bad loan deal and he will be kissing playing in a big team goodbye, he should ask his big bro at Fulham "the rolls Royce" grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2021
BlueMann:
Willian wants to return to Chelsea lololololllllll grin

They should stop this joke abeg

The return of FBS. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:30pm On May 25, 2021
Debroslink:

Don't be deceived by England's squad. It's in major tournaments that we get to see their flaws.

They reached Semis in the World cup and if they play as a team and barring unforseen circumstances they will reach Semis in this tournament too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2021
donstan18:

Lots of English black players didn’t make the list.

Una wan start abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
airmark:

Una wan start abi? grin
Bisaka, Konsa, Cho, Tammy.

Lots of them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 9:49pm On May 25, 2021
rooftops:
...I am not sure he does personal training. 3 years now odoi's shooting ability is still same, he rarely dribble. The guy should buckle up, just one bad loan deal and he will be kissing playing in a big team goodbye, he should ask his big bro at Fulham "the rolls Royce" grin

TT's main problem with CHO is he doesnt take risks in the final 3rd. Numerous times under TT recently, I have seen him telling CHO especially with his hand gestures to dribble and move into the last space in front of him. CHO just seems to pass the ball or just opt for a cross

Similar with James but at least we know James is talentless in that regards but he's got the advantage of being defensively better as a wing back

I do think he has the attribute but his attitude and work ethic seems poor added to the ACL thing, maybe there's a psych effect here

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:49pm On May 25, 2021
BlueAngel444:
From 4th to 4th to 4th same drama each season, start well, get a dip mid season, almost finish third then end up fourth.

Defense wahala, Top consistent striker needed. This going from Sarri, to Lampard to Tuchel, make them get better striker

Kane and Haaland go for 100m KIA, only if Havertz had the sense to be a top 9 in EPL
Hazard wants to return to Chelsea, lol, where will he play, e fit be that kind James, bale loan deal

We don't need to distrupt the development of our young players. Hazard should go to Burnthisleaguedown to find his form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

Portugal are getting better especially if Jota is fit.

CR7 upfront, Fernandes CAM, Jota LW, Bernardo Silva, RW.

Dias CB, Cancelo RB. Only hiccup is they didn't pick Pereira for that RB due to fitness issues so Guerrero at LB. Pepe at CB is the only concern there.

Rui Patricio in goal is solid enough.

Apart from Ruben Neves, their CM is looking shaky though
Fonte that just won league 1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:56pm On May 25, 2021
donstan18:

Yea, Portugal is another good organized team with serious and straight forward players.

They are good, but I tipped England and France ahead of them because of subs.

England and France got lots of subs, lots of them.
This is tournament not league games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2021
hensben:
Fonte that just won league 1

Fonte and Pepe are two old soldiers and solid defenders but they are pushing father time too far.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

Fonte and Pepe are two old soldiers and solid defenders but they are pushing father time too far.
True. Either fonte or Pepe should be paired along side Dias. Portugal got the attitude to win the cup. Only France I see is better than them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2021
donstan18:

Bisaka, Konsa, Cho, Tammy.

Lots of them

Sincerely it's only Tomori that i could ask questions about his exclusion.

The RB is filled up to the brim and Reecy, Walker, got an edge as they can play multiple positions unlike Bissaka.

Konsa is surplus to requirements in Southgates eyes.

You can't rely on CHO and Tammy that have not been playing regularly in a big competition like Euros when there are strong contenders in their positions.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

Why I am advocating for Konsa of Aston Villa to switch to play for Portugal, he can start with Ruben Dias
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Why I am advocating for Konsa of Aston Villa to switch to play for Portugal, he can start with Ruben Dias

So that boy is Portuguese?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 10:13pm On May 25, 2021
User09:

TT's main problem with CHO is he doesnt take risks in the final 3rd. Numerous times under TT recently, I have seen him telling CHO especially with his hand gestures to dribble and move into the last space in front of him. CHO just seems to pass the ball or just opt for a cross

Similar with James but at least we know James is talentless in that regards but he's got the advantage of being defensively better as a wing back

I do think he has the attribute but his attitude and work ethic seems poor added to the ACL thing, maybe there's a psych effect here
...on point but he can't continue using ACL as excuse. My problem is he does not try anything new. The only match he tried something new was that Chelsea westbrom first leg, damn he kept on running at the full back every single time. I think he had a goal and assist in that match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

So that boy is Portuguese?

No English but eligible for Portuguese citizenship
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:18pm On May 25, 2021
airmark:

The RB is filled up to the brim and Reecy, Walker, got an edge as they can play multiple positions unlike Bissaka.

You can't rely on CHO and Tammy that have not been playing regularly in a big competition like Euros when there are strong contenders in their positions.
CHO and Tammy's case is understandable.

But Southgate or whatever has no reason to leave Konsa, Tomori and Bissaka out of the squad if not for what I don't want it to look like. These players did well and were consistent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 5:05am On May 26, 2021
airmark:

They reached Semis in the World cup and if they play as a team and barring unforseen circumstances they will reach Semis in this tournament too.

Euro is much tougher than the world cup. Last time they reached semis, Abacha was the head of states. The other time they reached the Semis, 9ja was in civil war.

Now that Euro is a 24-team format, it's gonna be more difficult for them. Don't place your bet on England

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2021
airmark:

Why couldn't he encourage Matip or Gomez and call one of them, special. Maybe those ones are not his Liverpool brothers? grin grin grin

Depends on the questions the journalist ask him. VVD was the subject and he answered accordingly. If he was asked about Matip or Gomez, he will heap praise on any of them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:07am On May 26, 2021
A definition of all gingers no efficiency.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:23am On May 26, 2021
Debroslink:

Euro is much tougher than the world cup. Last time they reached semis, Abacha was the head of states. The other time they reached the Semis, 9ja was in civil war.

Now that Euro is a 24-team format, it's gonna be more difficult for them. Don't place your bet on England

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:53am On May 26, 2021
Ibime:

Dias CB, Cancelo RB. Only hiccup is they didn't pick Pereira for that RB due to fitness issues so Guerrero at LB. Pepe at CB is the only concern there.

Danilo of PSG with Ruben Neves and Fernandes will make a formidable midfield trio add William Carvalho if he's selected then you have a balance midfield. I see Portugal and France as favorites followed by Belgium because their golden generation will want to win something and they have the players to deliver bar mentality issues
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 6:57am On May 26, 2021
Ibime:

Jota and Felix will fight for that wing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:18am On May 26, 2021
airmark:

I thought bissaka already declared for Congo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:21am On May 26, 2021
timbros:

shocked shocked shocked
he is not lying

The most competitive geographical zone in football is Europe, they have all the best players and the highest level of team and league growth

A competition with just European countries is more difficult and competitive than the world cup

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 7:25am On May 26, 2021
timbros:

shocked shocked shocked

So you don't know that Euro is tougher than the world cup?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2021
pamcode:
He probably wouldn't play a high line and since he seems to like 3-4-3, he might just borrow out of Tuchel tactics and play Reece James at C.B against pacy teams.
Walker plays RCB to deal with the issue of pace in their defense...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2021
donstan18:

YES!!
You don't know what you are saying...Portugal has the most complete team in Europe from back to front, only France can be argued to have a better team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2021
Debroslink:

So you don't know that Euro is tougher than the world cup?

Tell me how Euro is tougher than World Cup please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:58am On May 26, 2021
Havertz10:
he is not lying

The most competitive geographical zone in football is Europe, they have all the best players and the highest level of team and league growth

A competition with just European countries is more difficult and competitive than the world cup

Lol

Out of 21 World cups so far, Europe (with way more that double the slot allotted to other continents) have won just 12 with South America winning 9.

As at the last World Cup, UEFA have 13 slots against CONMEBAL's 4 or 5...

If European's regional tournament is that competitive, the World Cup, which they have highest number of participants, should be a walk over for them. But the numbers show that they are actually struggling.

Only 5 European countries have won the World Cup. Out of all the representatives they bring, only 5 have won it. Lol. Compare that to 3 from lowly South America.

My point? A tournament of 16 participants (just upgraded to 24) can't be more difficult to win than a 32 team tournament.

grin grin grin

Portugal drew 3 matches and qualified as 3rd from the group with just 3 points and went all the way to win the tournament. Can you qualify as 3rd in World Cup?

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:16am On May 26, 2021
timbros:

Lol

Out of 21 World cups so far, Europe (with way more that double the slot allotted to other continents) have won just 12 with South America winning 9.

As at the last World Cup, UEFA have 13 slots against CONMEBAL's 4 or 5...

If European's regional tournament is that competitive, the World Cup, which they have highest number of participants, should be a walk over for them. But the numbers show that they are actually struggling.

Only 5 European countries have won the World Cup. Out of all the representatives they bring, only 5 have won it. Lol. Compare that to 3 from lowly South America.

My point? A tournament of 16 participants (just upgraded to 24) can't be more difficult to win than a 32 team tournament.

grin grin grin

Portugal drew 3 matches and qualified as 3rd from the group with just 3 points and went all the way to win the tournament. Can you qualify as 3rd in World Cup?
European football growth began 1990, their teams got better, their leagues got better, they milk the best players from leagues all over the world, only players that play in Europe are considered the best in the world, they even steal talented young players from other countries

One geographical zone has won that last 4 world cups that's 20years and they will win the next 5.

They have the most semi final and final appearances by any zone

Brazil had to field immortals to wrestle their wins

European teams are the best of the rest, if they are packed together in a competition to play among themselves, no competition can be compared to it

How can you agree that European champions league is the highest footballing competition in the world and turn around to say that club world cup is bigger because other teams from mediocre leagues participate, world cup is good cause every country on earth stands a chance but the peak of football today is European

The star player in most national teams world wide are the ones that play in European leagues cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2021
Havertz10:
European football growth began 1990, their teams got better, their leagues got better, they milk the best players from leagues all over the world, only players that play in Europe are considered the best in the world, they even steal talented young players from other countries

One geographical zone has won that last 4 world cups that's 20years and they will win the next 5.

They have the most semi final and final appearances by any zone

Brazil had to field immortals to wrestle their wins

European teams are the best of the rest, if they are packed together in a competition to play among themselves, no competition can be compared to it

How can you agree that European champions league is the highest footballing competition in the world and turn around to say that club world cup is bigger because other teams from mediocre leagues participate, world cup is good cause every country on earth stands a chance but the peak of football today is European

The star player in most national teams world wide are the ones that play in European leagues cheesy

So many laughable submissions here.

I don't know where you got the notion that European football growth started in 1990. Italy and Germany started winning World Cups pre 1990.

@bolded... Please where in my post did I mention Club World Cup? We are discussing NT football here not Club.

Why won't Europe have the most semi final and final appearances when they have the lion share in slots alloted? Is it not shameful that after having the most semil and final appearances, they are just 3 trophies ahead of lowly South America?

Since the last 4 worlds cups, Europe have 13 out of the 32 slots. Tell me why they won't have highest semi final appearances.

World Cup have been a 32 team tournament since 1998. Euros just upgraded to 24 teams in last tournament.

What this means is that while World Cup teams will negotiate R16 before quarter finals, Euros go straight to quarter finals from group stage. Do you know what it takes to scale that extra round?

Countries like Ghana, South Korea, Croatia have underdog stories in the World Cup. Who knows, if it were Euros format, they would have actually won the competition. Conversely, Portugal qualified from their group with just 3 points and went ahead to win the tourney.... Would they have had that success story if it were World Cup format?

Look at Greece that Super Eagles use to wipe floor that year. In Euros, they shocked everybody by lifting the trophy. Who knows if they would have done it if there was an extra round to negotiate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11453) (11454) (11455) (11456) (11457) (11458) (11459) ... (19559) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.