Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10915328 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12029) (12030) (12031) (12032) (12033) (12034) (12035) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Havertz10:
I don't like the British, I can't say that enough, on my way to work this morning, was listening to a podcast about black British players being racially abused online, they kept talking about only rashford, I don't like the guy, I don't see him as a star, he is welbeck with better PR

rashford is the biggest coward I have ever seen, the way he is always crying out, you would be deceived into thinking that he is the first black british player

I know that the attacks black footballers get are more than white footballers but instead of always crying, why can't he use his performances to shut them up

Ashley Cole was a cheater, he betrayed his former club for money, he was the kind of person that should get steady racist attacks and he did but he was a good player, one of the best in the world, they might hate his skin color but when he wore the national kit, he performed and they respected him

Rashford doesn't want any criticism cause he can't perform enough to shut it up, players like that aren't good enough, if you were performing no one will remember your skin color, even pundits are scared, they can't complain about his performances because anybody that doesn't appreciate flat head rashford is racist

You hate this..

You hate that.

And nothing u have really achieved in hating them rather than excessive bitterness.

Grow up man...they don't know you exist

21 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2021
BlueMann:

It's a beautiful tale grin Not just on this thread, but on various media and forums.

Funny, when you remember that he was getting booed by his own fans in the Stadium some two years ago embarassed

I’m really happy for him, hope he gets better and better especially with his through balls

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2021
X and O

If Haaland has sense he would get rid of Riaola as his agent.

Speaking on his podcast The Transfer Window, the Scottish journalist claimed that Lukaku's preference upon leaving Goodison Park was a return to Chelsea, a move which was widely expected to be completed at the time.

In the end he joined Manchester United to the collective shock of many people including, Castles suggests, Lukaku himself.

"From what I understand Lukaku basically got fed up with Raiola, the way he handled him. I’m told there was a misunderstanding of his move away from Everton, in that Lukaku thought that Raiola was conducting negotiations with Marina Granovskaia to do that deal, when in fact discussions were principally with Conte, who obviously wanted to bring Lukaku to the club," said Castles.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2021
Segedinho:

You hate this..

You hate that.

And nothing u have really achieved in hating them rather than excessive bitterness.

the guy na Haterz10
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2021
cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Almajirihunter:
The new found love for Jorginho on this thread no be here, I need that guy babalawo grin grin
Shebi bible talk if u over hate a man be careful least God show him favor. Na wetin happen ibi will be attacking the guy for both just and unjust reasons, na wickedness be that, he even went to the extent of writing prayer or some other extreme unnecessary nonsense
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2021
BlueMann:
Meanwhile, some interesting Haaland update...

So Haaland was asked by BILD if he was staying at BVB...he just smiled and said nothing shocked

Also, BVB have reportedly agreed personal terms with one Donyell Malen, a forward (?) from PSV Eindhoven, albeit BVB and PSV are still a bit apart in their valuations of the player.

Something cooking?
make e cook fast, we dey H

I don't still believe Chelsea will sign Haaland, after all it's not the first time a team keeps talking to Haaland or his agent and he moves somewhere else, it happened to Manchester united
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2021
Chelsea offered Juventus €100m for Federico Chiesa but they turned it down. {@cfbayern}
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Chelsea offered Juventus €100m for Federico Chiesa but they turned it down. {@cfbayern}
They’ve started, are they going for Chiesa for what exactly?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2021
Segedinho:

You hate this..

You hate that.

cheesy when I say something that is true, the next thing most of you will say is that i'm hating

This is a public forum, we discuss issues relating to football here, I have been on about British people here calling them racist but if I see someone taking advantage of it, I will call them out

I don't have any preference, my agenda is fluid, I will only follow the truth

How can I call British people racist then call out a black man for using it to hide his mediocre performances, you will call me a hater cheesy

If sterling or Rashford were playing at the level of hype they received nobody will call them monkeys

This is what kanye west was saying but most of una no get sense, racism is a choice, you can show people that blacks are more intelligent and talented than them or you can cry and use your skin color to get preferential treatment

You don't earn respect by asking for it, you earn respect by excelling above your detractors

Michael Jordan is adored, even white men, I mean elite of the elite, people that literally own the world respect him, same thing Jay z learnt and followed, we are all humans at the end of the day, if you don't work hard irrespective of your skin color you wouldn't be respected, whites are more than blacks and will therefore look for ways to undermine you but you have to conquer that, it's up to you.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
make e cook fast, we dey H

I don't still believe Chelsea will sign Haaland, after all it's not the first time a team keeps talking to Haaland or his agent and he moves somewhere else, it happened to Manchester united
I also doubt it, but he is out of choices, unless he wants to wait but where?

United aren't ascending

Real Madrid are restructuring, that team needs an overhaul

Barca are a mess, too many similar expensive players, when messi retires, they will need years to get themselves back in order

Bayern can't handle his ego, I doubt they will even accept his wage demands

Man city are his only option but they said that they can't buy him this summer

Psg already have a bloated wage bill

Only Chelsea can afford him and can do that this summer, we don't have a star, so he will easily get all the attention but we aren't consistent especially in the champions league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2021
Havertz10:

If sterling or Rashford were playing at the level of hype they received nobody will call them monkeys

I would be very surprised if anybody else on this planet managed to say anything more stupid than this before the end of the year.

Like Damn! Bruh you're really stupid.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2021
Selective stupiid truth!

You jubilated over Mount’s COVID news.

Cheered racists up for abusing Rashford with the excuse of his performance.

Supported Sterling being tagged a monkey because you feel he isn’t giving top class performance.

People like you can go as far as setting poison for your family members if they ever show their likeness for British players.

I wonder how you’ll feel if people start wishing South Africans to carry out their xenophobic attacks on you because of how useless you’ve been to their society.

When we see neutral football fans, we recognize them. When we see ediots, we don’t fail to call them out.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2021
Havertz10:
cheesy when I say something that is true, the next thing most of you will say is that i'm hating

This is a public forum, we discuss issues relating to football here, I have been on about British people here calling them racist but if I see someone taking advantage of it, I will call them out

How can I call British people racist then call out a black man for using it to hide his mediocre performances, you will call me a hater cheesy

This is what kanye west was saying but most of una no get sense, racism is a choice, you can show people that blacks are more intelligent and talented than them or you can cry and use your skin color to get preferential treatment

You don't earn respect by asking for it, you earn respect by excelling above your detractors

Michael Jordan is adored, even white men, I mean elite of the elite, people that literally own the world respect him, same thing Jay z learnt and followed, we are all humans at the end of the day, if you don't work hard irrespective of your skin color you wouldn't be respected, whites are more than blacks and will therefore look for ways to undermine you but you have to conquer that, it's up to you.
What then is the relationship between performances and voicing out an opinion on racism....

He fights for the blacks through his speech.

In your place of work;are you the best??

In what you do most;are you the best??

In what you think you are good at; are you the best??

In you chosen career;are you the best

Will you keep mute if you mother is being beaten just because you cannot fight the muscular guy??

Just keep mute when someone airs his opinion on a well hated terms.

Don't juxtaposed his profession with his opinion on a subject...

To worsen this headache..u are absolutely negligible in their life.

They don't know you..if you die today..they still will not know you even if nairaland decides to hype you ..

You are just pained for nothing and that is one of the characteristic of a sadist.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:

I would be very surprised if anybody else on this planet managed to say anything more stupid than this before the end of the year.

He doesn't know that Dani Alves was stoned with a banana despite his elite level then...

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:

aren't you the invalid that took a tv banter so serious and was asking me for tv model name and number, when
I read that, I was like cheesy if you think that i'm stupid, coming from you that's a compliment grin I don't think that you are really stupid. I know that you are stupid

Back to the topic, weight of expectation, people expect so much from them because they have been hyped to be capable of so much

people will try to get at you with the most hurtful things because you hurt them, they can use short, poor, ugly, black, it's not a strange phenomenon, they chose to use racist words cause they know that it will get to Rashford easily, this racism thing, blacks need to look at themselves, you cant behave like animals and demand respect, if whites came to Nigeria for instance and saw that we were civilized, more will come and they will learn to respect our people, racism is a choice, obama became president because he was a well mannered, educated black man, it wasn't just because he was black, his ascension to power, opened the door for many black people in America today

Back to the topic, I digress too much cheesy I said what I said, there are racist people but Rashford's case isn't a random incident of a player
being slandered online, it's a player that didn't live up to expectations and people said hurtful things to get at him

How come people only say bad things when they don't perform, why isn't it said everyday?

Besides racism is institutional, if you think that social media is ground zero of the war against racism, you aren't awake

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Segedinho:

He doesn't know that Dani Alves was stoned with a banana despite his elite level then...

his team supporters or opponents?

do you watch tennis? People didn't like novak, I liked him because he was a hybrid of both nadal and Federer, elegance and consistency, when he started interrupting nadal vs Federer, people hated him, till today many people don't like him but they respect him now because they know that he is a serious player, it's in all sports oga, you only see it as racism because the participant is black

Watch Wimbledon 2019 final and see what they did to Novak, if he was black, we wouldn't hear the end of it. you don't want to look at other things at play in certain instances

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2021
Havertz10:

What you are essentially saying is that Rashford should accept being called a monkey because his form dipped? That's a very silly thing to say...

So in every profession, a black man has to be one of the best lest they become black monkeys while whites can be excused for being average.

You are black, probably in Nigeria; what would you know about being racially abused just because you were trying to give your best?

It is understandable that a player was insulted after missing a penalty. These players wouldn't complain if they were insulted thus: "This fool needs another pair of legs"... "This dude is very stupid"..... But saying " This foolish black monkey shouldn't play for us again" is totally demeaning and unacceptable..

It is very painfully that it is a black nairaland guy that is justifying this just because of the misconception that having an unpopular opinion equates intelligence.... Guy, you fall hand. I am ashamed.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
Segedinho:

What then is the relationship between performances and voicing out an opinion on racism....

He fights for the blacks through his speech.

In your place of work;are you the best??

In what you do most;are you the best??

In what you think you are good at; are you the best??

In you chosen career;are you the best

Will you keep mute if you mother is being beaten just because you cannot fight the muscular guy??

Just keep mute when someone airs his opinion on a well hated terms.

Don't juxtaposed his profession with his opinion on a subject...

To worsen this headache..u are absolutely negligible in their life.

They don't know you..if you die today..they still will not know you even if nairaland decides to hype you ..

You are just pained for nothing and that is one of the characteristic of a sadist.
I don't understand you, I can't complain about a human being that participates in a sport that isn't essential but an entertainment

We aren't talking about molecular biology here, we are talking about kicking a ball, a bleeping ball and I don't have a right to judge them based on their metrics

You can check, i didn't celebrate our chaimpons league victory as most people here, i'm only thinking about the ascension of our club's brand, we have some peices that can accomplish that and i'm focused on that, i don't celebrate anything, i promote players that I think deserve promotion, I hailed pedri here long before he won young player of the tournament, stop trying to box me, i'm not like you, the only thing that i'm answerable to is facts, i'm not a sheep, I don't belong to any herd

If you don't have facts behind you, I don't care if your name is jesus christ, I will drag you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Shebi bible talk if u over hate a man be careful least God show him favor. Na wetin happen ibi will be attacking the guy for both just and unjust reasons, na wickedness be that, he even went to the extent of writing prayer or some other extreme unnecessary nonsense

What's Ibi? Type Ibime in full so you can get your reply. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
donstan18:

They’ve started, are they going for Chiesa for what exactly?
are you afraid Mount no go play again cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
swiz123:

What you are essentially saying is that Rashford should accept being called a monkey because his form dipped? That's a very silly thing to say...

So in every profession, a black man has to be one of the best lest they become black monkeys while whites can be excused for being average.

You are black, probably in Nigeria; what would you know about being racially abused just because you were trying to give your best?

It is understandable that a player was insulted after missing a penalty. These players wouldn't complain if they were insulted thus: "This fool needs another pair of legs"... "This dude is very stupid"..... But saying " This foolish black monkey shouldn't play for us again" is totally demeaning and unacceptable..

It is very painfully that it is a black nairaland guy that is justifying this just because of the misconception that having an unpopular opinion equates intelligence.... Guy, you fall hand. I am ashamed.
no, i'm saying that Rashford shouldn't hide behind racism anytime he underperforms and gets dragged, he should accept that he underperformed and step up

You can't control people, you can only change that perception of you, if people feel that the best way to attack him is to call him a monkey, he shouldn't allow that get to him, it's the way the world is, it will never stop, bending a knee or wearing armbands that forbids racism wouldn't change it, you can only change a society by elevating yourself, there are so many example in history of cultures that were undermined and turned the narrative around, blacks have learnt to be lazy

We weren't the only slaves, other tribes and people were captured and used as slaves but we are the only ones still talking about it till today, the difference between us and chimpanzee is 5% besides why would words affect you, no matter what anybody says to you, it's up to you to decide if their words would be impactful or not, Rashford is milking it because he wants to bury his performances behind it

Nobody can ever insult me and it will get to me, i'm beyond such manipulations abeg cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
While I don't agree with everything Harvetz10 posted up there especially on Sterling. Sterling in particular has been one of England best players in the past 2yrs so his criticism is not performance based. Also calling people monkey is foolish from the fans

I wanted to post something similar yesterday. I remember when Ulli Hoeness criticized Ozil as lazy and most concluded that he was racist and islamophobic recently Ulli has been attacking Kroos a white German with similar lines he used for Ozil. And he hasn't been called racist or any phobia because Kroos is white like him

The question I want to ask, Is it possible to criticise someone of a different race even in vile language and not be racist?

Sport fans are generally silly and emotional. Many athletes have faced this from people of their race. Escobar was killed by his own countrymen for scoring an own goal, In Nigeria Sani Kaita even Ighalo were insulted and called ugly names for fumbling at the world cup, Werner Harvetz and Jorginho have been targeted by fans on this thread

Beckham had to hire bodyguards after getting a red card in France98, Same thing Ronaldo faced after getting Rooney redcarded in 2006

During the Euros Moratas family and children were insulted and threatened with death for missing a penalty so much that Morata had to write about it.

One of the reasons I don't begrudge athletes who demand for top money cos a mistake at work can lead to your death or your family getting injured

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
are you afraid Mount no go play again cheesy
Do we need Chiesa?

We need a striker and that’s it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
Havertz10:
I also doubt it, but he is out of choices, unless he wants to wait but where?

United aren't ascending

Real Madrid are restructuring, that team needs an overhaul

Barca are a mess, too many similar expensive players, when messi retires, they will need years to get themselves back in order

Bayern can't handle his ego, I doubt they will even accept his wage demands

Man city are his only option but they said that they can't buy him this summer

Psg already have a bloated wage bill

Only Chelsea can afford him and can do that this summer, we don't have a star, so he will easily get all the attention but we aren't consistent especially in the champions league
So Havertz is not a star shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
swiz123:

This here is what is annoyingly painful. Sometimes he's talking nonsense just to prove that 1+1 isn't 2.

It's so bad

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
raumdeuter:

Gundogan was equally criticized and actually whistled while on the field in Berlin, He didnt play much and he has not come out to make the type of statement Ozil made,

If Muller comes out to say his criticism of his performances were based on the fact that they dont like him, then you can expect Ulli to blast him too

Too often when people say you are not doing a good job, the first thing people default to is that its racism just like Yaya Toure claimed racism was why him at 35yrs isnt playing regular football

3yrs ago

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:

So Havertz is not a star shocked
not yet, hopefully in a few years but he has all the skills needed to become one

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
donstan18:

Do we need Chiesa?

We need a striker and that’s it.
Shey Tuchel used Mount as a false nine grin, anyway there is Havertz why worry cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Shey Tuchel used Mount as a false nine grin, anyway there is Havertz why worry cheesy
We don’t have a reliable striker, Harvertz has no business being in Chelsea and I can’t wait for Chelsea to sign a proper striker for people to understand how useless Harvertz is, to the squad.

Mount as a false nine? I can’t remember that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
raumdeuter:
While I don't agree with everything Harvetz10 posted up there especially on Sterling. Sterling in particular has been one of England best players in the past 2yrs so his criticism is not performance based. Also calling people monkey is foolish from the fans

I wanted to post something similar yesterday. I remember when Ulli Hoeness criticized Ozil as lazy and most concluded that he was racist and islamophobic recently Ulli has been attacking Kroos a white German with similar lines he used for Ozil. And he hasn't been called racist or any phobia because Kroos is white like him

The question I want to ask, Is it possible to criticise someone of a different race even in vile language and not be racist?

Sport fans are generally silly and emotional. Many athletes have faced this from people of their race. Escobar was killed by his own countrymen for scoring an own goal, In Nigeria Sani Kaita even Ighalo were insulted and called ugly names for fumbling at the world cup, Werner Harvetz and Jorginho have been targeted by fans on this thread

Beckham had to hire bodyguards after getting a red card in France98, Same thing Ronaldo faced after getting Rooney redcarded in 2006

During the Euros Moratas family and children were insulted and threatened with death for missing a penalty so much that Morata had to write about it.

One of the reasons I don't begrudge athletes who demand for top money cos a mistake at work can lead to your death or your family getting injured
they wouldn't notice things like this cheesy it's only insignificant words that they will notice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emmynator(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Chelsea player expected goal and assist vs actual goal and assist (premier league only)
Timo Werner:
xG:13.43, xA: 6.67 ---- 6G 8 A

Tammy Abraham
xG: 6.19, xA: 0.72 ---- 6G 1A

Olivier Giroud
xG: 5.07, xA:1.18 ---- 4G 0A

Christian Pulisic
xG: 6.78 xA: 2.78 ---- 4G 2A

Hakim Ziyech
xG: 1.99, xA: 4.48 ---- 2G 3A

Callum Hudson-Odoi
xG: 1.37, xA: 3.10 ---- 2G 3A

Mason Mount
xG: 6.88, xA: 9.85, ---- 6G 5A

Kai Havertz
xG: 6.35, xA: 1.55 ---- 4G 3A

source: understat.com

What do you think of xG and xA as a metric of measuring player performance?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12029) (12030) (12031) (12032) (12033) (12034) (12035) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chic2pimp(m), NerdSciBot, dostr4(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.