Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:34 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10830708 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12183) (12184) (12185) (12186) (12187) (12188) (12189) ... (19549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
Roland17:
At least all my fasting and Kabashing were not in vain! Allyson Felix, the GOAT (make nobody argue with me abeg) won the bronze medal in the 400M, her 10th Olympic medal and the most by any female track/ field athlete.
#GOAT

Who wan argue before

Where dem dey cheesy

Felix my one time crush smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

Barca will definitely loose followership but not excessively.

I think lack of direction will do that..

As it is now....Barca has lost a major brand and they will have to try and replace it with someone pleasing to the fan otherwise most fans will loose faith in them.

But the problem here is barca are not in good shape moneywise
Thank God you know it's not excessively. At least we're getting somewhere. Cos I believe even the followership that left won't shake the entire fan base sef

As for lack of direction, leave that to the board and laporta. He(laporta) has done it before wen barca was going through hard time. They believe he'll do it again.

They don't need to replace messi the brand. Ronaldinho was a brand before messi, but messi was brought in and he became his own brand. I'm not saying the player they'll bring will be better than messi, but at least, that player will be great in his own way.

So just chill... Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueMann:

They should add Drinkwater,Alonso and Bakayoko join
Na problem of offloading rubbish be this o.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Android17:

Where did you see this one?
the same Google you spoke about tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Havertz10:
they want to waste havertz talents cry

Oga mi calm down joor. If he excels in the false nine role, then how is that wasting his talents? In fact, it even lends credence to the versatility claims. Rather than wasting his talents, we're utilizing his talents in an alternate but equally effective manner wink

Besides it's a false nine and sort of a free role up top, not as if he's stationed as a target man.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Thank God you know it's not excessively. At least we're getting somewhere. Cos I believe even the followership that left won't shake the entire fan base sef

As for lack of direction, leave that to the board and laporta. He(laporta) has done it before wen barca was going through hard time. They believe he'll do it again.

They don't need to replace messi the brand. Ronaldinho was a brand before messi, but messi was brought in and he became his own brand. I'm not saying the player they'll bring will be better than messi, but at least, that player will be great in his own way.

So just chill... Lol
My opinion on the issue wasn't the number of fans that d club will loose but

Barca will definitely loose some good amount of fans as a result of Messi's exit.

Like I said before..there are fans and there are hard core fanatics......

On the long run,people will not really be attracted to supporting the team if the team looses her fear factor..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

Na problem of offloading rubbish be this o.....

But we fit give Manure Bakayoko na...heard they're looking for a DM.

Lord Bakayoko is the perfect fit smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

This is man city.

What do you think would happen if they sign Messi

Man city has enjoy success and many people ain't really convince due to the expectation placed on them..

They do not really have a brand (a real goat to look out for)

Messi to man city will set their fan base way ahead of arsenal.

Or a champions league trophy

.... but wait even Arsenal don't have one cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly.. This and other factors will have to take place

1... Barca on a prolonged trophy drought (like prolonged oo)
2... Barca being a mid table team for a prolonged period of time
3... Barca not competing in Europe for a prolonged period of time

All these and many more before we will say their fans will drop considerably
Barcelona have won just ONE major trophies in between three seasons, two in 5 seasons cheesy

Edited
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

My opinion on the issue wasn't the number of fans that d club will loose but

Barca will definitely loose some good amount of fans as a result of Messi's exit.

Like I said before..there are fans and there are hard core fanatics......

On the long run,people will not really be attracted to supporting the team if the team looses her fear factor..

Lol.. Then we'll wait till they loses their fear factor na.
Barca may not be as bad as y'all think. Maybe it's time for griezzmann to step up and be the main man, alongside Aguero. They still have good players if you look deeply into that squad

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

Don't you think many madrid fans helped in the increment of juve's fanbase.

Their lost becames Juve's gain.

They won others due to the arrival of hazard.

Barca are not looking for replacement and to some extent will give the fans a divided opinion.

you know people don't have to actually un follow one club just to follow another...

Anyway make una continue una argument
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
andrew444:

Barca hardly stays a season trophyless

Stop giving arsenal hope ,maybe you support them

Chelsea Liverpool Man U have all gone trophyless and their fans no run because ,making the champions league alone self Dey keep fan base

Abeg Barcelona is far from this level you are saying ,if you are trolling self I would understand
to be fair, Arsenal have been winning FA cups just as Barcelona recently keep reclaiming copa del reys cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
you know people don't have to actually un follow one club just to follow another...

Anyway make una continue una argument
So what then is the metric to calculate fan base
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Barcelona have won just ONE major trophy in between four seasons
barca won la liga 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 season.
I believe league is a major trophy

Also do you want to tell me copa del rey is not a major trophy in Spain??

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
to be fair, Arsenal have been winning FA cups just as Barcelona recently keep reclaiming copa del reys cheesy

Barcelona has been winning Laliga till the past 2 seasons

When last did arsenal won the league grin

Arsenal that cannot make it to the champions league self Na him you wan use Dey compare Barca

Stopppppp ittttttt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:
Na wah
remember last season after all the media noise of 90m more, was flying around, only for the deal to be announced as €70m initial payment + €10m in add one for Havertz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Fa cup is a MAJOR TROPHY
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
andrew444:

Barcelona has been winning Laliga till the past 2 seasons

When last did arsenal won the league grin

Arsenal that cannot make it to the champions league self Na him you wan use Dey compare Barca

Stopppppp ittttttt
why cheesy Barcelona should burn down for all I care (not literally of course) there is only one club in Spain, and it is Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
why cheesy Barcelona should burn down for all I care (not literally of course) there is only one club in Spain, and it is Madrid

Trophyless Madrid grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Fa cup is a MAJOR TROPHY
nope it's not, FA cup win, one the money is lower than league champions prize in some countries. And the winners only make Europa league.

The only club major trophies
UCL
League
Then Europa league is closest to be considered because it offers direct qualification to UCL, and the winner's pay out is worth something.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
andrew444:

Trophyless Madrid grin
we have won it all, sometimes we take a break so broke ass clubs like Barca can win Copa.

Madrid isn't trophyless, athelico Madrid won the league grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
we have won it all, sometimes we take a break so broke ass clubs like Barca can win Copa.

Madrid isn't trophyless, athelico Madrid won the league grin

Real Madrid didn’t win common kpangolo last season grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Segedinho:

So what then is the metric to calculate fan base
Registered fans of course.

Oh you don't know you can register as a fan shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
andrew444:

Real Madrid didn’t win common kpangolo last season grin
but we didn't pee the bed in UCL for the, what time again, is it 6th or 7th, lost count grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
nope it's not, FA cup win, one the money is lower than league champions prize in some countries. And the winners only make Europa league.

The only club major trophies
UCL
League
Then Europa league is closest to be considered because it offers direct qualification to UCL, and the winner's pay out is worth something.
Lol... It's just you giving this definition because of money. In terms of prestige

The major trophies in England(or other countries) are
1... The CL
2... The Premier League(or its equivalent in other leagues)
3... The FA Cup(or its equivalent in other leagues)

These are the recognized major trophies accepted.

Even the Europa league is not even a major trophy presently in football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... It's just you giving this definition because of money. In terms of prestige

The major trophies in England(or other countries) are
1... The CL
2... The Premier League(or its equivalent in other leagues)
3... The FA Cup(or its equivalent in other leagues)

These are the recognized trophies majorly accepted.

Even the Europa league is not even a major trophy presently in football

so your argument now is that Europa league is not a Major trophy but FA cup is shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2021

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
so your argument now is that Europa league is not a Major trophy but FA cup is shocked
Exactly!!

It's like saying the champions league trophy is more prestigious than the world cup trophy just cos Cl yields more money than world cup undecided

There's a reason why if a club wins Cl, league and fa cup(or its country's equivalent) it's called a treble.

You can't win a treble by winning Europa, league and fa cup
Or
Europa, league and carabao cup.

Cos those ones aren't recognized major trophies
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly!!

It's like saying the champions league trophy is more prestigious than the world cup trophy just cos Cl yields more money than world cup undecided
it's nothing like that, it's you that is saying a competition that has more opponents from various countries is not major but a local trophy is major
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
BlueAngel444:
it's nothing like that, it's you that is saying a competition that has more opponents from various countries is not major but a local trophy is major
Lol... Read my modified reasons I gave under this my quote you quoted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly!!

There's a reason why if a club wins Cl, league and fa cup(or its country's equivalent) it's called a treble.

You can't win a treble by winning Europa, league and fa cup
Or
Europa, league and carabao cup.

Cos those ones aren't recognized major trophies
Treble means 3, I don't know the angle you are coming from, even if a team should win calabash cup cheesy emirate cup grin and any other useless cup and all these are won in a season, it will be termed treble. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12183) (12184) (12185) (12186) (12187) (12188) (12189) ... (19549) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: User09, Kimbeast, Caicedobets(m), Colson(m), Sirchiboy, BlueRayDick, MonsieurCoder, TemporaryHansel, Shegzdave, adexeli(m), Parix7, Bluelines69, eph12(m), Leyqute(m), Omoluabi16(m), raumdeuter, Ibime(m), Joezinho, larride(m), chic2pimp(m), iamoyindamola(m), BlueMann, Amoto94(m), Sportsweb, BlueAngel444, AbokiWam, fredoooooo, tshabalala, ouzo1(m), cephasdultimate, andrewbaba44, Unlimited22, odizeey(m), Ijustwantto and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.