Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,632 members, 7,901,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:01 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10949375 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12353) (12354) (12355) (12356) (12357) (12358) (12359) ... (19692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2021
Segedinho:

0.5 sec to cover dis space

Na wah

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdandiReuben/status/1431720611290697729

Some of this wrong decisions from this guy makes me question his ability as an AM.......A natural AM will make that pass ten out of eleven times. Let just for a second imagine ozil who uses the same foot as kai in this position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

More still images. The difference between all these images is that Havertz controlled the ball first. Immediately he did that, the passing lane was gone

Oya post a gif,let everyone examine the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2021
popizaino:

Some of this wrong decisions from this guy makes me question his ability as an AM.......A natural AM will make that pass ten out of eleven times. Let just for a second imagine ozil who uses the same foot as kai in this position.
The worst part was he saw lukaku...

He was just unreasonably foolish and selfish there..

He was good overall..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2021
popizaino:

No need to say a word,your image has already done enough justice to the discourse .

Just the same way Taylor saw James diving for the ball after sparing just a glance at the monitor. There is nothing more deceptive than still images when analyse a highly mobile sport
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
User09:

Young man. I thought we were discussing football here.
You really need to do better

You need to do better by analysing football sensibly and not argue blindly in the face of convincing images.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
Segedinho:

Bring the lukaku video let's see and analyse without sentiment

Mount was guilty in the 2nd half wen a good pass would have sent lukaku on the road...

Havertz takes too much time to respond on decisions

Don't tell me you didn't see where Lukaku opted to pass for Mount instead of Havertz who was free.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
But Chelsea fans sef, how would you look at that handball and say it's not a red card. Una even go as far as petitioning the ref online grin grin.
Granted, maybe the ref have blown wrongly against you guys before, but then make una no see black paint am white na.

Hopefully, I hope Chelsea appeal the red card let's see if Fa will rescind it but e sure me say Fa will still uphold the 3 match ban
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Roland17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKLjF93zgo

Rest In Peace to a true Legend of African Music!
RIP to the great musician and guitarist!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

Just the same way Taylor saw James diving for the ball after sparing just a glance at the monitor. There is nothing more deceptive than still images when analyse a highly mobile sport
Why hammering on the pic when a video is presented to you.

The pic only show you it wouldn't have been off should he has released the ball as against what you taught.

The video was to show you how much he goofed..

Do they use video for on/offsite debate?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
The more I watch Mason mount the more I am convinced he is an average player(not bad just unspectacular),don't get me wrong i think havertz is a slowpoke sometimes but you can still see the talent there,there is also a possibility of Kai scoring 15-20 a season even this season,you just don't see that a mase, he can't run,he can't score,he doesn't have vision,but he is determined and hard-working which are good qualities for a young man to have so no wonder alot of coaches like him.
He also gives Chelsea tactical flexibility under tuchel because he can easily tuck into midfield and give us 3-man midfield during the game so you can see why tuchel likes him,I don't think we have any other player that can give Chelsea that tactical flexibility apart from ziyech.So if this Chelsea team want to go an higher dimension in attack mase MUST improve his end product or be replaced by ziyech,havertz also if his end product doesn't reach desired Target but I do think he has 15 goals a season in him,so we shall see.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Unlimited22:

I don't see why focusing on other stuff and trolling footballers should be mutually exclusive. But hey, since it doesn't make you happy, I'll continue doing it
Uncle, I honestly don't care what you do with your time or who you decide to troll. You mentioned me direct hence my response, otherwise me and you no get matter together.
Feel free to troll him all you like.
As they say in my place, 'flag tebe v ruki' meaning carry go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

Don't tell me you didn't see where Lukaku opted to pass for Mount instead of Havertz who was free.

I saw some clips on passes and I am not sure of the one u are talking abt.

The one I fault him off was a good sight but he over hit the ball to set mount up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
User09:

U've started again with this still image bullshit. U'll probably fit in well in the same referee academy those clowns yesterday went to

The only reason why I didnt heavily criticise Mount yesterday was cos the result was still manageable.

Mount's decision making was one of the worst yesterday and I'm surprised no one has called him out for his selfishness. Taking unnecessary stupid shots when he should pass. The boy probably thinks he's the second coming of Lampard'. I'm not even gonna talk about the regent vibes he's been giving off for some time now

He hasn't played a single game well since the CL final. Yet

Haba!
I like his passion & right attitude but that does not mean i won't give him the stick when he has a below par peformances but you saying he has not had a good game since Champions league final is watery & baseless.
Quit being a biased clown.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Segedinho:

That was why I posted d link to the video..

I know you will have something to say abt d still image..

Was he supposed to trap d ball self?

He was even looking at lukaku..he anticipated the run cos d run was there even b4 kante passed to him.

He goofed there...no excuse....

Apart from there he had a good game likewise mount and lukaku

Watch the video and comeback

Of course I think he should have passed the ball at once.... But in his defense, he might have thought it was offside because Robertson was trying to do that.

My problem is that Ibime told us that what broke my heart the most yesterday was a correct decision by Mount. With the way Havertz was gesturing for him to pass the ball, you could tell he was also calling him to do it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Chritiensien quietly making a name for himself. Kudos.
Carvahlo 2.0?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

That's the issue with your (and you guys judgement) concerning the red card.

The koko is that the the handball (weda intentional or not) disallow a good goalscoring opportunity? The answer is yes.

So he doesn't need a video to analyse it, cos what he just needs to look at is whether it touched James hand or not. Simple. How you guys are oblivious of this rule and be shouting "it's not intentional" is what is even surprising sef.

Just like xhaka red card ystdy, he went in 2 footed, weda he gets the ball first or not, as long as the two feet gets the player to make him go down, it's a pure red. That's the rule which is against two-footed tackle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
User09:

Lukaku was offside. He couldnt have given a one-time pass as the pass to him wasnt well positioned for it

Even when the images proved you wrong you were still here giving flimsy excuses for Havertz not placing the pass.

Something dey worry you. sad

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

Of course i saw that and Lukaku ought to have laid the ball to Havertz instead of Mason, who was in a tight angle.
Mason shot could have slid through Robertson's leg as well. Havertz could have done better as well to play Lukaku through on goal.
Nevertheless, they all put in the shift defensively & worked their socks off for the point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
erusen:
The more I watch Mason mount the more I am convinced he is an average player(not bad just unspectacular),don't get me wrong i think havertz is a slowpoke sometimes but you can still see the talent there,there is also a possibility of Kai scoring 15-20 a season even this season,you just don't see that a mase, he can't run,he can't score,he doesn't have vision,but he is determined and hard-working which are good qualities for a young man to have so no wonder alot of coaches like him.
He also gives Chelsea tactical flexibility under tuchel because he can easily tuck into midfield and give us 3-man midfield during the game so you can see why tuchel likes him,I don't think we have any other player that can give Chelsea that tactical flexibility apart from ziyech.So if this Chelsea team want to go an higher dimension in attack mase MUST improve his end product or be replaced by ziyech,havertz also if his end product doesn't reach desired Target but I do think he has 15 goals a season in him,so we shall see.
Your opinion is spot on.

I think most of us here have seen some deficiency in mounts play and to many extent he offers some unexpected gesture like

1)the pass to lukaku header vs arsenal

2)the pass to Kai header vs arsenal.

3) the dink to lukaku that was narrowly deflected by matip.

His work rate in the midfield cannot be emphasized.

I blv tuchel would have sub him for ziyech baring d red card..

We have many creators but they lack his energy intensity wch was needed in xrerday match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ibime:

Ol' gee. I don't think the indomie generation will appreciate or know what you are talking about.

Dem no go get!

Baba, the guy was an original and a great instrumentalist that even created some of his own instrument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Jodera:
But Chelsea fans sef, how would you look at that handball and say it's not a red card. Una even go as far as petitioning the ref online grin grin.
Granted, maybe the ref have blown wrongly against you guys before, but then make una no see black paint am white na.

Hopefully, I hope Chelsea appeal the red card let's see if Fa will rescind it but e sure me say Fa will still uphold the 3 match ban

Disagree. Here's IFAB rule on handball.

A handball offence is when a player:

- “Deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;

- Touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or

- Scores in the opponents’ goal:
— directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or

— immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.”

Can you at any point in James play confirm the bolded above to be 100% certain. Either way u can make an argument for or against.

If u agree with the above, the one argument I think is impossible to make is that it was a clear and obvious error by the referee to allow play to continue. Hence it was needless for VAR to stop play and interfere

In other words, The biggest mistake in the whole play was allowing VAR to involve itself in a borderline call to begin with - they should have stuck with the initial ruling by the referee in real time that no handball occurred. Then they show a frozen image which makes the whole thing even stranger

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Jodera:

The koko is that the the handball (weda intentional or not) disallow a good goalscoring opportunity? The answer is yes.

So he doesn't need a video to analyse it, cos what he just needs to look at is whether it touched James hand or not. Simple. How you guys are oblivious of this rule and be shouting "it's not intentional" is what is even surprising sef.

Just like xhaka red card ystdy, he went in 2 footed, weda he gets the ball first or not, as long as the two feet gets the player to make him go down, it's a pure red. That's the rule which is against two-footed tackle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Jodera:

All super sports pundits yesterday said that clown made a mistake. Had he used a video to analyse it, he could have seen the ball touched his thigh which he raised to block the ball. Once your thigh is raised, a raised hand wouldn't be termed an unnatural position. It's a penalty and a yellow card.. simple..

Even Mane thought it was harsh and tried to hug James
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
Jodera:

I didn't dispute the penalty but that redcard was a little harsh and it made the game one -sided afterwards.
Watch Klopp's interview with Skysport. He broached the topic & said he felt for Reece James , that it wasn't intentional.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I didn't dispute the penalty but that redcard was a little harsh and it made the game one -sided afterwards.
Watch Klopp's interview with Skysport. He broached the topic & said he felt for Reece James , that it wasn't intentional.
kloop is behaving like bitter old man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

kloop is behaving like bitter old man,make tuchel play ziyech and chilwell na

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
erusen:
kloop is behaving like bitter old man,make tuchel play ziyech and chilwell na
Alonso has improved well

Ziyech lack the energy intensity for xterday match..

A good coach study the opponent b4 feeding 11 players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
[quote author=Segedinho post=105288100][/quote]

All these applies when "it's not an obvious goalscoring opportunity" na.

If that is a handball, then automatically it denied a goalscoring opportunity which is a sending off. The only situation is if that's not a handball (like ref will see it and still say play on). Any other reason ref blow for a pk automatically requires sending off.

Yea it's harsh, but it's what it is.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6725111/nigerian-doctors-shed-tears-joy#105281794

Afrodoc would relate well with this piece. Sadly, the rot isn't only limited to the health sector, but affects all sectors.

Lecturers, educators, software developers, engineers, and virtually all professionals are complaining about the government's ineptitude and this country's harsh working conditions.

Migrating to saner climes seems a practical way to solve the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
User09:

Disagree. Here's IFAB rule on handball.

A handball offence is when a player:

- “Deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;

- Touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or

- Scores in the opponents’ goal:
— directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or

— immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.”

Can you at any point in James play confirm the bolded above to be 100% certain. Either way u can make an argument for or against.

If u agree with the above, the one argument I think is impossible to make is that it was a clear and obvious error by the referee to allow play to continue. Hence it was needless for VAR to stop play and interfere

In other words, The biggest mistake in the whole play was allowing VAR to involve itself in a borderline call to begin with - they should have stuck with the initial ruling by the referee in real time that no handball occurred. Then they show a frozen image which makes the whole thing even stranger
The issue here is that it didn't factor in goalscoring opportunity.

As long as it denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity, then it's a red all day long. The only situation that can be averted is if the ref did not blow it at all.

Once ref blows such an incidence, a red card must follow, cos it's then a hand ball offence which denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity. They can't give yellow card for that

A very harsh rule, but then it is what it is.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Jodera:

All these applies when "it's not an obvious goalscoring opportunity" na.

If that is a handball, then automatically it denied a goalscoring opportunity which is a sending off. The only situation is if that's not a handball (like ref will see it and still say play on). Any other reason ref blow for a pk automatically requires sending off.

Yea it's harsh, but it's what it is.
I think what I uploaded earlier is an extension of this.

There is always a special occasion to rules especially when not intentional or maybe the magnitude of the match itself

Can you tell me why sallah was not yellow carded for kicking the ball away??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
swiz123:

All super sports pundits yesterday said that clown made a mistake. Had he used a video to analyse it, he could have seen the ball touched his thigh which he raised to block the ball. Once your thigh is raised, a raised hand wouldn't be termed an unnatural position. It's a penalty and a yellow card.. simple..

Even Mane thought it was harsh and tried to hug James
Lol... All pundit will say it is harsh and it shouldn't be cos of course they're strictly following the handball rule. What dey fail to take into cognizance is the goalscoring opportunity factor. That exact situation outside inside the box without little threat to goal and the ref will wave it aside and he'll be right doing such. But as long as that situation involve a goalscoring opportunity(emphasis on that) and as long as it's blown, the there's only one outcome... RED!!

All pundit will say it's wrong, but if you listen to most refs, they'll tell you Anthony Taylor is right all day long

(1) (2) (3) ... (12353) (12354) (12355) (12356) (12357) (12358) (12359) ... (19692) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tshabalala and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.