Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,233 members, 7,887,633 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10859509 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 8:09am On Dec 05, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I'll take Fabinho ahead of this jogghinhoe 2x.
He protects his back four, doesn't give out sloppy back passes. He launches into tackles skillfully & can also play as a makeshift CB. I have seen him attempt the ball forward each time he won possession, something Jogginhoe would rather pass back to put pressure on his defenders.

Yea, I asked for a reason, if a DM is technical enough to be able to evade the press, he doesn't need to be super quick. Fab is slow but is far better than Jorgs. Another issue is Jorg's constant back passes, when you have skillful players like Havert , Ziyech, Pulisic and even Odoi that can get in behind the lines, your instinct should be to get the ball to them quick when in transition not constantly passing backwards which puts undue pressure on your C.B's.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 8:10am On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

@anfieldfan, the bolded are the 2 biggest misconceptions you have allowed jorginho critics to fill your head with. That is simply not true.

As to your 1st point, when coaches double up on a player, it's not only because they sense weakness per say in the player, it's actually the opposite many at times. It is usually because they sense the player as the biggest threat to their team. Naturally, with jorginho being the fulcrum of our structure, it makes sense for teams to target him to create that disconnect between the attack and defence and interrupt the transitions.
But what you can never say is that jorginho panicks when pressed because we have seen jorginho beat the press successfully numerous times. It is on that basis we usually have far more possession and stability in our game. Rarely are we the ones pressured.
Don't let his staunchly biased critics cloud your judgement on this player.
Funny enough, I'm not even jorginho's biggest fan. Rarely do I ever fan players. I'm just backed into a corner to constantly defend this often misunderstood player. His type of players are usually wrongfully scapegoated because people can't "see" their influence. All they're seeing is short passes not knowing that he's superbly beating or bypassing a press.

And just like defenders, it's very easy to scapegoat him. A defender might have a very high performance in a match, winning duels, clearances,intercepting balls or tackling but all these things are thrown out the window immediately he makes "that" high profile error. This is what jorginho has to suffer. One or two errors wipe away all the positive contributions made. It's football.

As for the second bolded, that was what the commentator said which I agree with..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Lost my mother 2 weeks ago, soon be back. Thanks bro.

So sorry mhen

Accept my condolences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2021
hensben:
[s] Is it every top manager that play ball possession and gen gen pressing. Ogun and thunder kee you. F.ool [/s].
Trash cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HewlettPackard: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences. Be strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Damn...my condolences, boss.

May she rest easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Sorry bro. Take heart and be strong. It's never easy getting over such a loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2021
Trevor012:

Trash cheesy cheesy
m u g u.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

[s]So there is no other player with "age" and "experience" who have ever made mistakes right??

Let me ask you this, how would you rate a player who makes 50 passes in a game with a 92% success rate and about 7 key passes but makes 2 bad passes out of that 50. How do you rate that player?[/s]

He should stop dashing out points like he helps us win any, the rest is not my business.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Sorry bro. My condolences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 8:49am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

So Sorry Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Condolences bro. Eyin won a da

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Take heart Bruv.

My condolences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseamann(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

take heart Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:09am On Dec 05, 2021
Ziyech low-key be getting G/A's smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Sorry bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

Okay, let me get this straight, you in your arrogant little mind, a nobody in football thinks guardiola, Mourinho, tuchel, Sarri and a lot of other top football minds, both players,coaches and pundits in the game are wrong about this player, because YOU said so.
Wow!! Just wow!! The guts and arrogance. For your mind to even fathom that, you are trying to say that a player who the best in the best recognize as a top player is bad because YOU said so. I won't even argue with you again on this.
A player who has already shown his pedigree. Crucial to 3 successful systems in the past few years.
There is nothing you and I can say on this that will change anything after all, you will keep seeing him play in our club and you will only continue to grieve. You will sulk and sulk and sulk. Whenever we win, you will credit the win to others and when we lose, you will well up with tears in your eyes with your fangs out lamenting and scapegoating one of the best midfielders in the world. And on and on and on that aimless cycle will go while i relax and enjoy our games.

You always type without adding anything of substance, no understanding of midfield work or tactical insight, just repeating platitudes and falsehoods about Jorginho being a good playmaker when stats show otherwise, pointing at what people said about him, and constantly repeating falsehoods. How is Jorginho crucial to 3 successful systems? Jorginho was the weakness of Sarri and Lampard systems who has never been successful until Tuchel found a way to mollycuddle and cover his weaknesses with community defending while simultaneously scrapping his high possession style of football.

It is better you leave defence of Jorginho to those who know what they are talking about like User09 who can at least point out his strengths (which I highlighted). Your defences of him are nothing but empty chest beating with no tactical or technical insight. Your head is vacant.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I agree with your Jorginho sentiments.
But I'm curious, do yo think Fabinho is a decent DM?

He is Ok. I am not happy with his receiving of the ball, but at least he has one of the two qualities I need in a DM (speed and receiving the ball under pressure), while Jorginho has none. Just like Casemiro, if you can't receive the ball properly, that can be mitigated partly by a Modric dropping deep to facilitate that aspect of receiving the ball from defence.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Condolences to you and your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:57am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Softwareguy21: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

my condolence bro..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Hearty condolences brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Condolences to your family bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

So sad to hear...

Be strong bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:38am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Jeez. Sorry for the loss bro. God grant your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

He is Ok. I am not happy with his receiving of the ball, but at least he has one of the two qualities I need in a DM (speed and receiving the ball under pressure), while Jorginho has none. Just like Casemiro, if you can't receive the ball properly, that can be mitigated partly by a Modric dropping deep to facilitate that aspect of receiving the ball from defence.

Who is your optimal DM?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Condolences Man....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:53am On Dec 05, 2021
Sorry mark, she may be gone but she lives on in you with memories that you shared and experiences that structured you, be strong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Take heart man.... May her soul rest in perfect peace... Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:07am On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

nawa. The death of a mother is extremely painful.

Sorry for your loss, take heart brother. May she rest well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

You always type without adding anything of substance, no understanding of midfield work or tactical insight, just repeating platitudes and falsehoods about Jorginho being a good playmaker when stats show otherwise, pointing at what people said about him, and constantly repeating falsehoods. How is Jorginho crucial to 3 successful systems? Jorginho was the weakness of Sarri and Lampard systems who has never been successful until Tuchel found a way to mollycuddle and cover his weaknesses with community defending while simultaneously scrapping his high possession style of football.
It is better you leave defence of Jorginho to those who know what they are talking about like User09 who can at least point out his strengths (which I highlighted). Your defences of him are nothing but empty chest beating with no tactical or technical insight. Your head is vacant.

I think it's best I don't respond so that you don't get more emotional along the line. When it comes to jorginho, you've lost all Sense of rationale. You have become irascible once you see or hear his name.
You cannot be taking a different stance from professionals, some of whom went to university to study football: encompassing the tactical systems, psychology, physiology etc.
These people are experts in their Fields, they live and breathe football and they have a very high commendation and analysis of this player. I defer to these experts on their opinion of this footballer, but of course, an accountant who sits on his sofa to watch football on TV would be arrogant enough to think he knows all it takes to decode a player counter to what the experts have said.

As I said, no need for further argy-bargy between us on this issue lest it gets further frenzied.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, Ijustwantto, RevFrEbuka(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.