Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,661 members, 7,962,151 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11253048 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) (13413) ... (20008) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
hensben:
I love pep as a coach because he play the kind of football I enjoy but the way they hype him here among his peers that are top coaches like him is what is bringing arguments.

Na confirmed hype job.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
airmark:

If Fraudiola fails to win it this season, then it's another confirmation that Klopp and Tuchel are better than him.

Shebi all of them dey the same league started the same day. We see where they all are now

Pep has 2 CL titles, What of the others

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shukusheka(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ibime:
First time I tried to watch Super Bowl, I didn't even make it to half-time. What a boring sport. People counting yards and all sorts of nonsense.

Sport that boys will finish secondary school in Nigeria having never played the sport, move to Yankee and because they are fast and strong, they become professional gridiron players just from playing 2 years in senior high school.

That's a skill-less sport. If you are not playing soccer by 8 years old, you can 99.99% guarantee you won't have developed the skills to make it pro by 18. The latest anyone turned pro in soccer by starting late to my knowledge was Theo Walcott who started playing at 10
American football is 50% tactics/structure, 40% physique and 10% skills. There is a reason they need to complement that absolute borefest of a sport with half-time entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
raumdeuter:

Shebi all of them dey the same league started the same day. We see where they all are now

Pep has 2 CL titles, What of the others

2 CL titles for a team without Messi?

Klopp and Tuchel won UCL without Messi, Fraudiola attempted it several times without success.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
raumdeuter:

Any sport you are not used to will be boring to you. Just like I find cricket boring, some Indians will swear its the most exciting thing. An American will find European football boring and will ask you how you can enjoy such a low scoring sport. One of the arguments of ESL and Perez is that football is too long, boring, lo scoring and losing fans especially among the younger demographics, They are proposing changes that will even make it more like an American sport

Most cultures and countries play football casually and it requires little setup to play. You dont need a hoop or special thing to play

Just 2 stones for goalpost and orange(or anything spherical and you are good to go

Those arguments are a little bit self serving...
Read this article..

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/marcottis-musings/62/post/2981720/uefa-champions-league-and-nfl-are-unfair-comparisons

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
Shukusheka:
American football is 50% tactics/structure, 40% physique and 10% skills. There is a reason they need to complement that absolute borefest of a sport with half-time entertainment.
10% skill, You don't know what you are saying
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
raumdeuter:

I am not a neutral, I prefer football to American football so to me Champions League is bigger. To an average American who follows NFL Super bowl is bigger

Where and how you grow up determines which sport you will follow, I grew up in Nigeria and follow football, Someone who grew up in America will be fanatical about NFL or Baseball which you wont understand and someone who grew up in India will follow cricket

Which one is bigger? Of 6billion people in the world, I can say almost half which is 3billion people follow Football, world cup and Champions League while NFL is only followed by mostly Americans 300M

The only reason you are asking this question is because America is the richest country and have the resources to promote their sport.
Well Said.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
airmark:

2 CL titles for a team without Messi?

Klopp and Tuchel won UCL without Messi, Fraudiola attempted it several times without success.

Let them also go and coach a Team with Messi. No one is stopping them

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
popizaino:

I haven't watched it but was any Chelsea player rated?
I'm sure you were thinking jorginho won't be there. grin grin he's actually top3. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Havertz10:
I can't believe that someone is asking which is bigger between superbowl and champions league final

America owns main stream media, they will always hype their events like the greatest thing since slice bread, that's why I don't blame china for blocking out their media, they will override and americanize your culture and present it in a format that suits whichever narrative they want to popularize to the global community , see Netflix and Disney
In movies, tv shows and documentaries, America saves the world from aliens, they are the heroes for everything

Back to the topic, champions league final averages 400m spectators and those are conservative estimates, if we factor viewing centers in Africa and most regions, I will say that it's about 800m ~1 billion
Superbowl averages 100m but somehow you can't see that it's beneath the champions league when it comes to reach because main stream media presents it that way
Puts into perspective every news story that you read, someone is actively trying to dictate your understanding of things

This post is an unnecessary over-demonization of America. It's like you just irrationally hate all aspects of the country.

It makes sense that the two events are compared because they are the 2 biggest sports in the whole world. their finals are the highest watched sporting event in the world. Obviously football is bigger but the NFL is next on the list.
At the height of British colonialism, cricket was once the biggest sporting event in the world.

Secondly, the British media is the most influential in the world with the BBC alone active in more than 80 countries around the world. They are the biggest media corporation in the world. Bigger than CNN, SKY and FOX news combined.

Yes American culture permates throughout the globe because they offer the relatively best freedom of lifestyle and quality of life than many other countries with the English language also being a most defining factor of their wide reach.
No need to demonize america here. It's uncalled for in relation to the topic at hand.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chelsea fans should we start?

Messi missed a penalty in the Round of 16 2012, Chelsea went on to win the UCL

Messi missed penalty in round of 16 2021, Chelsea went on to win the UCL

Messi missed penalty in round of 16 2022, Are you thinking what I am thinking? grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
lateefGRDT:

Messi missed penalty in round of 16 2022, Are you thinking what I am thinking? grin

cheesy

Imagine the scenes if we retain the UCL

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
BlueMann:

cheesy

Imagine the scenes if we retain the UCL
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by masonmount19: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
lateefGRDT:

Start o cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
Donstan 18

Masonmount 19

Hmmmmm..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
lateefGRDT:

Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by masonmount19: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
izzou:
Donstan 18

Masonmount 19

Hmmmmm..

I no be Donstan 18 o.
I just like Mount but I go criticize am when he needs criticism.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
izzou:
Donstan 18

Masonmount 19

Hmmmmm..
Lol. When i saw that handle, I knew someone was going to call me out.

No be me be that cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
donstan18:

Lol. When i saw that handle, I knew someone was going to call me out.

No be me be that cheesy

Yeah. I believe

You both type differently, but then, we can't really trust Mount fanboys
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
masonmount19:

I no be Donstan 18 o.
I just like Mount but I go criticize am when he needs criticism.

No wahala, Chief

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
donjazet:

This post is an unnecessary over-demonization of America. It's like you just irrationally hate all aspects of the country.

It makes sense that the two events are compared because they are the 2 biggest sports in the whole world. their finals are the highest watched sporting event in the world. Obviously football is bigger but the NFL is next on the list.
At the height of British colonialism, cricket was once the biggest sporting event in the world.

Secondly, the British media is the most influential in the world with the BBC alone active in more than 80 countries around the world. They are the biggest media corporation in the world. Bigger than CNN, SKY and FOX news combined.

Yes American culture permates throughout the globe because they offer the relatively best freedom of lifestyle and quality of life than many other countries with the English language also being a most defining factor of their wide reach.
No need to demonize america here. It's uncalled for in relation to the topic at hand.

Is the Superbowl bigger than the Tour de France?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
donjazet:

Sorry sir, how is American football one of the two biggest sports in the world?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
lateefGRDT:

Yes oooo I am thinking what you are thinking
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Sorry sir, how is American football one of the two biggest sports in the world?

I think he meant sporting event, outside America the NFL is foreign to most, I think the major thing is the American factor that we all know, personally I’ve never watched the Super Bowl asides the half time show and longed thought it was a baseball event.I think Wimbledon is a bigger sporting event than the Super Bowl worldwide.

It’ll be best if we picked a sample size from every country and get the statistics rather than looking at just views, should be more about reach to me.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
.. these Salzburg kids tho shocked

Adeyemi
Adamu
Okafor

... Who be NFF scout sef

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
tonididdy:
.. these Salzburg kids tho shocked

Adeyemi
Adamu
Okafor

... Who be NFF scout sef

Adeyemi German international
Okafor Swiss international
Adamu just played for Austria recently

All of them don already get national team grin

But we have Tijani on their bench sha ,he played with 9ja U17 and will play for the eagles once he starts getting game time and good performance

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

But we have Tijani on their bench sha ,he played with 9ja U17 and will play for the eagles once he starts getting game time and good performance

Chukwubuike Adamu, the name dey funny to me

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Chukwubuike Adamu, the name dey funny to me

Born in Kano state

Definitely a Hausa father and igbo mother
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

what a waste embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Born in Kano state

Definitely a Hausa father and igbo mother

Probably an igbo Muslim family, they always adopt a Muslim name even when both parents are igbos
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LagosAirport: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
someone should please suggest a site i can use to stream this champions league match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Havertz10:
10% skill, You don't know what you are saying

The only skill is in the quarterback

Any strong fast nigga can play the other positions.

We have numerous Nigerians who left secondary school in Nigeria having never played American football and ended up in the NFL. We have dozens of them, including one PH boy like that from my sister's school who probably never heard of American Football till he was 17.

I mean look at this nigga. He left Nigeria and signed College scholarship to play soccer, switched to American football despite never playing Giridon before and played in NFL

Where's the skill in that nonsense.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) (13413) ... (20008) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lajid and 29 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.