Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,846 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10860989 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13476) (13477) (13478) (13479) (13480) (13481) (13482) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
chelseabmw:

Ur blood too hot grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
It was a great match, both team gave it their all. Absolute great footy for all to enjoy, well done to both teams. As a lover of good footy, i joyfully donation this for our enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
We need to get dembele fast. He came as a sub and scored with giving two assists for barka. The trustees member should sell all unserious wingers with mount and get him before he signs a new contract or goes to another club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Donaldswilly(m): 2:47am On Feb 28, 2022
Musical � �promotion, shooting of classical videos �, sign up into record labels�Deals are on!! WhatsApp 07051597272.�
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:03am On Feb 28, 2022
donjazet:

Are Abacha, Babaginda, Obasanjo, Atiku not criminals?? Has any court convicted them?
Surely you wouldn't defend powerful criminals just because you're a beneficiary. You must condemn criminals at all turn.
Normally I wouldn't quote you but again nobody is defending anyone. What I would have expected you to do is to go onto the street (Any area in Okokomaiko would do for now) with a massive placard calling him a criminal.
That's when we will know that you are not just another keyboard/internet warrior.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:06am On Feb 28, 2022
That was a terrible terrible terrible penalty from Kepa but then the likes of Mount should urgently check into the Metaverse for some football brain. If he had any before, he certainly didn't bring it into this game. angry

120+ minutes of football energy wasted but gotta admit it, the intensity was on another level.

Onto the next one.

We are here to win.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:25am On Feb 28, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
is simeone currently battling relegation?

Bielsa did not take Leeds from 10th position either. He took them from lower division where they spent over 15yrs to top division by the Simeone narrative that should earn him a lifetime excuse at Leeds.

If Simeone gets a pass because he made a top 10 team unto top 3, what of someone who took a 16yr division 2 into top division

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:
We need to get dembele fast. He came as a sub and scored with giving two assists for barka. The trustees member should sell all unserious wingers with mount and get him before he signs a new contract or goes to another club.

Dembele will sign a new contract and your tears will continue as Barca will keep winning cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2022
Kai Havertz is the first player to create 5+ chances in an EFL Cup final since David Silva in 2016, also against Liverpool (5).

Left-foot wands. �
@Squawka

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2022
For ukrainneeeeee!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2022
Edouard Mendy — League Cup final:

6 saves
5 saves from inside box
4 big chances saved
1 high claim
1 punch
2 clearances

Heroic display. Best goalkeeper in the world
Source: @ExpectedChelsea

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2022
raumdeuter:

Bielsa did not take Leeds from 10th position either. He took them from lower division where they spent over 15yrs to top division by the Simeone narrative that should earn him a lifetime excuse at Leeds.

If Simeone gets a pass because he made a top 10 team unto top 3, what of someone who took a 16yr division 2 into top division
then wait till Simone takes athletico back to 10th position before you sing victory song.

Simone netspend in more than 10 years - 93million.With a lot of trophies, success and guaranteed top 4.

Bielsa's netspend in 4years - 126 million. 1 championship trophy and a huge chance to return them back to relegation they came from.

Is the comparison even close?

You think leeds will sack bielsa if they are currently in top 10 with chance to escape relegation?

And do you think athletico wont consider firing Simone if they are 15th on the table after week 25 with a slight chance to finish 10th or 11th?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jpmoriarti(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2022
TrebleChamp:
It was a great match, both team gave it their all. Absolute great footy for all to enjoy, well done to both teams. As a lover of good footy, i joyfully donation this for our enjoyment.
And how many goals were scored? What exactly made it a great game?

Great games are remembered by great goals not 0 - 0 match after 120 mins. Boring as fuccck. angry

I know y'all want to make yourself feel fine after losing another trophy in Wembley but please don't call a game of 120 mins without goals, a great game. By this time next week, that match would be entirely forgotten because it wasn't a good match. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2022
This could be the best final of the year.

No drop in intensity and commitment in 120 mins

4 disallowed goals

Brilliant saves

End to end war

All round entertainment.

Congrats to Liverpool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2022
donjazet:

Our chances were flashes in the pan, against the run of play. Theirs was built up and tactical. We certainly didn't play well.

@ Swiz123

What do you have to say about this ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2022
timbros:

No no no no no...

No just go there. Kovacic was running that midfield all game long till he was subbed. Man was immense today

So what kovacic played yesterday was your definition of running the midfield?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Football is not about goals and goals alone there are things that I look out for in games tactics, execution, concentration and efforts and yesterday's game highlighted all of the above.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2022
Segedinho:

Liverpool don't play midfield ball...

They deal with long balls.....their midfielders are majorly tasked for recovery.

As good as man city find it difficult to overshadow dem

This is false abeg.They do play midfield football only that they are very direct about it and as such balls get to leave the midfielders leg on time and get to the free players on time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:51am On Feb 28, 2022
popizaino:

This is false abeg.They do play midfield football only that they are very direct about it and as such balls get to leave the midfielders leg on time and get to the free players on time.
Everyone plays in the midfield but where does their strength lies in

Liverpool are known for long balls ..from either Arnold or Robertson.

Their flanks makes healthy runs and are rewarded with great passes from their fullbacks.

The ain't known for sleeky passes from the mid or 8/10s
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2022
That yesterday L pain me. Sha

But great game from everyone
Havertz was superb

Pulisic did well

Mount was really unlucky. Thiago and mendy world class players

We move
Congrats to anfieldfan and kloppo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2022
Ibime:

You don't know me, don't make assumptions. I don't berate players for missing chances too much. I will hail a player who miss chances and still keep making the runs to get those chances. When you should worry is when your striker stop getting chances, not when they miss chances. Strikers only convert 20-30% of their chances even Van Persie one of the deadliest of them all. You guys live in social media era where every chance is highlighted and made into shorts, and you think that's what football is about. Strikers been missing chances since time immemorial, what matters is whether he will put himself in that position to get that chance again and again.

This is one of the reason I knew salah was far better than willian that time, salah was getting in scoring positions while missing but willian was there busy chocking everyone in the midfield. Anelka too will be hiding in tough games you will never see him anticipating through pass from our midfielders but come against sunderland, derby he will do more than expected. Hardly will you find someone who plays football blaming players for missing chances except on very rare occasions from striker doing it from back to back to back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2022
drisham:
That yesterday L pain me. Sha

But great game from everyone
Havertz was superb

Pulisic did well

Mount was really unlucky. Thiago and mendy world class players

We move
Congrats to anfieldfan and kloppo

Yea..
Both teams tried their best...
Fair play to everyone.....
More trophies for both in the future...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dembele will sign a new contract and your tears will continue as Barca will keep winning cheesy cheesy
He is going. Poor clubs should leave good players alone if they don't have money. And again you are in europa and no trophy for you this year so you can't troll me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2022
popizaino:

@ Swiz123

What do you have to say about this ?

Our chances were built on taking advantage of their high line which is also tactical. I don't know what that baba was saying. I won't let my support of Jorginho becloud my sense of objectivity.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

He is going. Poor clubs should leave good players alone if they don't have money. And again you are in europa and no trophy for you this year so you can't troll me.

He is earning 250k weekly here ,can you pay him 300k cheesy

E pain am tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elantraceey(f): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2022
Amoto94:
Edouard Mendy — League Cup final:

6 saves
5 saves from inside box
4 big chances saved
1 high claim
1 punch
2 clearances

Heroic display. Best goalkeeper in the world
Source: @ExpectedChelsea

Only to be substituted at last minute and his efforts to the wind. sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:53am On Feb 28, 2022
jpmoriarti:
And how many goals were scored? What exactly made it a great game?

Great games are remembered by great goals not 0 - 0 match after 120 mins. Boring as fuccck. angry

I know y'all want to make yourself feel fine after losing another trophy in Wembley but please don't call a game of 120 mins without goals, a great game. By this time next week, that match would be entirely forgotten because it wasn't a good match. lipsrsealed

A Wolves fan on Daily Mail said it's the best 0-0 he's seen in 40 years. He is not far off.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2022
swiz123:

Our chances were built on taking advantage of their high line which is also tactical. I don't know what that baba was saying. I won't let my support of Jorginho becloud my sense of objectivity.

So how do we create chances if our opponent doesn't play a high line? What advantage can be take if the opponent defence sits back?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:38am On Feb 28, 2022
popizaino:

So how do we create chances if our opponent doesn't play a high line? What advantage can be take if the opponent defence sits back?

You see how we created chances against Lille after Lukaku was left to be a spectator. Even if a team sits back, the flair and dynamism of a mobile front 3 can help drag defenders out of position.

I don't know what you are driving at actually; of course, the wingback system limits our attacking approach, but hey, this system gave us reprieve and we have achieved more than was expected with it.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Segedinho:

Go back to us thread and see d way people dey eulogise d final....

How many of ur fellow scumrades dey here to trolls.

Let shame catch u small
Make I troll small na cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2022
BikeMan:
This one is a disgrace, have some shame.
I am not the one that made you loose na

Na kepa cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 11:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Ibime:

Is that comment mutually exclusive of Mount or anything else happening in the game? I was just passing on what Frank Lebeouf was saying on TV and anyway Timbros corrected me. I know nothing about leprosy, I leave that to leprous fingers.

Leprous fingers? I don't know them.

There wouldn't have been any need for coin tossing if Mount hadn't been stupid with the two clear chances.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13476) (13477) (13478) (13479) (13480) (13481) (13482) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, rooftops, Datakey and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.