Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10795599 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16510) (16511) (16512) (16513) (16514) (16515) (16516) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

And when they were not on the pitch the same time earlier that same year at the same stage of the competition what happened to Xavi?
Stop repeating this weak argument. The more you repeat it the duller you sound

Iniesta was on the pitch 2008 they lost to United

Iniesta was on the pitch 2013 they lost to Bayern

Iniesta was on the pitch 2013 they lost to Atletico

Passenger with no impact. That was why Barcelona had to buy Suarez the next season

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

Yesterday it was Xavi/iniesta that made Busquet thick,today is Xavi making iniesta think.

Fix yourself

If all this mattered for Thomas muller his stats should have helped Germany win the Euro abi no be by stats alone ?
Xavi is the most crucial piece to the puzzle. Busquets is the least important component. What is so difficult to understand there?

If Muller had Xavi, David Villa, David Silva, Fabregas and Torres that will carry his 0 goals and 0 assists self then Germany would have won Euros as well

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:
Stop repeating this weak argument. The more you repeat it the duller you sound

Iniesta was on the pitch 2008 they lost to United

Iniesta was on the pitch 2013 they lost to Bayern

Iniesta was on the pitch 2013 they lost to Atletico

Passenger with no impact. That was why Barcelona had to buy Suarez the next season

The only person making a weak argument here is you.Everyone knows the era of xavi and iniesta dominance came immediately Pep Guardiola took over and it is when the world over started talking about xavi iniesta and I have been also consistent in making my point around this period so miss me with your weak argument shit. If I want to answer you kindly iniesta played in a different set up against man United in 2008. So look for another point, Xavi's role as remained the same. Now back to why xavi without iniesta couldn't make it past inter Milan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
bisqit:
arsenal was his prime years. Where he did things belie his age

Yep, he went down physically at Barca

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

It is the same reason why he has 2Euros,2x UCL as your Muller with better goal scoring records. As appeared on the podium why your Muller goes missing.

Next......
That is because he is the Greatest passenger of all time. Holy shit

Can you believe this joker did not score a single goal in both Euro triumphs. The deeper I dig the worse it is for your boy

You think if Muller had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Silva, Villa, Fabregas, Torres, Xavi carrying him for club and country he wouldn't have 2 Euros and 4 CLs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

You are out to slander me, why you no quote the whole post for proper interpretation. Shey you see wickedness?
i have no intentions of slandering you egbon, i dont slander people, just decided to point out contradictions in a lot of your takes
i no post the whole post cus e no neccesary, you called messi '"GOAT" that was the emphasis.

Ibime:

Messi is a GOAT but he never reach to top THE GOAT
as the Title implies, there's only one GOAT, i never hear of a goat b4 except say na the animal you dey refer to grin
whatever be the case, whether you call am a goat, a cow or a Ram, na this Saturday e go clear.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:
Xavi is the most crucial piece to the puzzle. Busquets is the least important component. What is so difficult to understand there?

If Muller had Xavi, David Villa, David Silva, Fabregas and Torres that will carry his 0 goals and 0 assists self then Germany would have won Euros as well

Iniesta is been regarded as El Cerebro (The Brain),behind whatever puzzle you're trying to put together. EOD.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So There was a time ibime saw Messi as the goat cheesy

Now messi na a goat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:

Can you believe this joker did not score a single goal in both Euro triumphs. The deeper I dig the worse it is for your boy

You think if Muller had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Silva, Villa, Fabregas, Torres, Xavi carrying him for club and country he wouldn't have 2 Euros and 4 CLs

He had no Ronaldinho/Eto/Henry/Neymar/Messi at country side and won it all without them and even achieving best player along. Must be some sort of mystery yet to be unravel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:

Are you surprised? Someone that has 2 GA in the three international titles

If someone's team can score over hundred goals in the league in a calendar year, presenting him over 200 opportunities to contribute a GA, and he didn't contribute one, just know he should be prosecuted at The Hague for fraud!

Even the tikitaka XaviEsta possession is a fraud he sneaked himself in. If you check passing stats, you will see he was not involved. That became evident after Xavi exited the stage.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
UCL top assist provider in 2011 is a carry along. I don't even need any stats to prove iniesta's importance in games,same stats that couldn't help Lampard both Chelsea and three lions.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

The only person making a weak argument here is you.Everyone knows the era of xavi and iniesta dominance came immediately Pep Guardiola took over and it is when the world over started talking about xavi iniesta and I have been also consistent in making my point around this period so miss me with your weak argument shit. If I want to answer you kindly iniesta played in a different set up against man United in 2008. So look for another point, Xavi's role as remained the same. Now back to why xavi without iniesta couldn't make it past inter Milan?
You're yarnin dust. Was Pep also manager for Spain? Is it not Aragones that composed the formula Pep went ahead to implement in Barcelona

If we are going by your malaria argument then nobody has any business bringing up Iniesta and his paltry contributions outside of Xavi after Pep left

Didn't Iniesta play in 2012? Why didn't they make it past Chelsea?

Anyway all your arguments are pointless. Whether with Pep whether outside Pep Iniesta has been dumped out severally

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
bisqit:
mikel scored how many goals again? FGS, his job is to defend and break play

Nobody called Mikel the greatest DM ever. Busquets should be doing what other DMs couldn't do. Casemiro no get two heads. And don't get me started on how useless the spineless Busquets is, in the business of defending. angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

If someone's team can score over hundred goals in the league in a calendar year, presenting him over 200 opportunities to contribute a GA, and he didn't contribute one, just know he should be prosecuted at The Hague for fraud!

Even the tikitaka XaviEsta possession is a fraud he sneaked himself in. If you check passing stats, you will see he was not involved. That became evident after Xavi exited the stage.

The same you will check Jorginho passing stats and when presented with higher passing stat you will still come up with the excuse that he doesn't control shit.

Lampard did everything right why was he not able to achieve just a single semifinals appearance with the three lions?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

Iniesta is been regarded as El Cerebro (The Brain),behind whatever puzzle you're trying to put together. EOD.

If you like call him El Cuntellebro. All we know is he was surrounded by players that helped him carry the load for Spain and Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

He had no Ronaldinho/Eto/Henry/Neymar/Messi at country side and won it all without them and even achieving best player along. Must be some sort of mystery yet to be unravel.

It's easy when you have Alonso, Villa, Torres, Xavi, Silva, Fabregas

Ohh what a luxury to go to the Euros score 0 goals and 0 assists and still go home with two trophies

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

How Busquet take enter this matter now?

When is it the duty of a DM to score? Can you find us Makelele'd career goal pls,let's compare it with Casemeiro?

Well, nothing concerns me with Iniesta, a C.A.M, that turned to C.S.M - Central Shakushaku Midfielder and his ilks.

Busquets was hailed as the GOAT of all DMs, how could a bloody Brazilian like Casemiro be doing what Busquets couldn't do, and both played in the same era? I need answers from Busquets fans of which you are one. angry

Meanwhile,

Makelele 607 matches - 18 goals

Busquets 696 matches - 18 goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

The same you will check Jorginho passing stats and when presented with higher passing stat you will still come up with the excuse that he doesn't control shit.

Jogginghoe passing stats is only against small clubs, all dem West Ham, Crotone and co. Jogginghoe always park bus against big clubs so we can't rate him for tikitaka

Xavi will sit any big club down with 70-80% possession, don't compare apples and oranges. Not to mention Xavi can pull an assist easy which Jogginghoe cannot

I did some research, and from 2007 to 2014, Xavi only failed to dominate possession once, when he dipped to like 48% against Real Madrid during Sneijder days. No CM in history has ever been as dominant in possession as Xavi

I remember ElClassico in Pellegrini and Mourinho early days when Ronaldo will be getting pumped up to go head 2 head with Messi to prove he's the best only for Xavi to suffocate Madrid with 70% possession and Ronaldo not to touch ball. Xavi was a wicked soul. He frustrated life out of Ronaldo.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

I actually respect Iniesta but these stats are indefensible

How can you come here and be hyping someone that played in 2 Euros did not score a single goal.

This man scored double digit goals just once his entire career. That is atrocious

Went full calendar year without a goal or assist. Just doing cardio on the pitch

Like I said no serious team will rely on Iniesta's poor production and hope to survive. You must have all time attacking phenoms like Eto'o, Messi, Neymar Suarez at club level and guys like Villa and Torres for country. Either that or your midfielders are prolific. Iniesta is just there for dribbles and vibes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:
You're yarnin dust. Was Pep also manager for Spain? Is it not Aragones that composed the formula Pep went ahead to implement in Barcelona

If we are going by your malaria argument then nobody has any business bringing up Iniesta and his paltry contributions outside of Xavi after Pep left

Didn't Iniesta play in 2012? Why didn't they make it past Chelsea?

Anyway all your arguments are pointless. Whether with Pep whether outside Pep Iniesta has been dumped out severally

You know nothing but yet you wont learn,just because you have gotten a straw (stat) that you want to clutch at,you think you have all the point and know everything. Massa take several seat behind.

Why will you ask me about 2008 UCL semifinals when Xavi himself was playing second fiddle to Deco and Ronaldinho was still in the mix ? There is a reason why specific has been made on 2010 UCl semifinals and you have to find out why before asking pointless question that doesn't relate to whatever is been discussed here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:
If you like call him El Cuntellebro. All we know is he was surrounded by players that helped him carry the load for Spain and Barcelona

Why were others not helped when they were surrounded by similar players?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
fredoooooo:
Wa gbayi omore bi Giroud cool

FA nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
A40:
It's easy when you have Alonso, Villa, Torres, Xavi, Silva, Fabregas

Ohh what a luxury to go to the Euros score 0 goals and 0 assists and still go home with two trophies

Silva had Aguero,KDB,Balotelli, Dzeko yaya Toure, Nasri wonder why they couldn't help him achieve it in club side football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
MorataFC:

grin grin grin
England has capacity to win competitions, but players lack a winning mentality.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
airmark:

Well, nothing concerns me with Iniesta, a C.A.M, that turned to C.S.M - Central Shakushaku Midfielder and his ilks.

Busquets was hailed as the GOAT of all DMs, how could a bloody Brazilian like Casemiro be doing what Busquets couldn't do, and both played in the same era? I need answers from Busquets fans of which you are one. angry

Meanwhile,

Makelele 607 matches - 18 goals

Busquets 696 matches - 18 goals.

They also called Makelele the GOAT, compare his goal stats to that of Casemeiro .
Thank God both played for real Madrid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

We will come back to Fabregas/matic/Lampard matter when the time comes for now let dismiss whatever hope you have that a skill-less Lampard will thrive in a typical Spanish system that required every player to at least to be very good at holding the ball under pressure. That is not a system Lampard will thrive but expose himself.

You don't know ball. Do you know how easy it is for the AM to keep possession when the two deeplying midfielders are possession players. Go and ask Ancelotti how easy it was to dominate all possession in 2009/10 with Lampard in his team

Go and ask Bayern if they have struggled to keep possession for 14 years with Muller in the team. Or how did Barca keep up 70-80% possession when Seydou Keita stepped in, or even a donkey like Mascherano that can't hold midfield on his own as evidenced at Liverpool and Argentina without rondo players beside him

Iniesta job is not to add to a full possession cup. He never did. His passing stats were low. His job is to win the game, not hiding under other players possession work. You think Iniesta was contributing to Spain possession when they've already packed Busquets, Alonso and Xavi in midfield and shift him to the wing?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

They also called Makelele the GOAT, compare his goal stats to that of Casemeiro .
Thank God both played for real Madrid.

They didn't play in the same era, so we can excuse him.

Now tell me why your GOAT Busquets, is useless in an era where Casemiro is contributing to goals after doing his primary duties?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

Jogginghoe passing stats is only against small clubs, all dem West Ham, Crotone and co. Jogginghoe always park bus against big clubs so we can't rate him for tikitaka

Xavi will sit any big club down with 70-80% possession, don't compare apples and oranges. Not to mention Xavi can pull an assist easy which Jogginghoe cannot

I did some research, and from 2007 to 2014, Xavi only failed to dominate possession once, when he dipped to like 48% against Real Madrid during Sneijder days. No CM in history has ever been as dominant in possession as Xavi

I remember ElClassico in Pellegrini and Mourinho early days when Ronaldo will be getting pumped up to go head 2 head with Messi to prove he's the best only for Xavi to suffocate Madrid with 70% possession and Ronaldo not to touch ball. Xavi was a wicked soul. He frustrated life out of Ronaldo.

The reason why xavi was so dominant with possession is because of Barcelona style of play and iniesta simple. I have explained it my point on Andrea Pirlo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

You know nothing but yet you wont learn,just because you have gotten a straw (stat) that you want to clutch at,you think you have all the point and know everything. Massa take several seat behind.

Why will you ask me about 2008 UCL semifinals when Xavi himself was playing second fiddle to Deco and Ronaldinho was still in the mix ? There is a reason why specific has been made on 2010 UCl semifinals and you have to find out why before asking pointless question that doesn't relate to whatever is been discussed here.
If I'm to learn it's definitely not from a dullard like you.

Conflating correlation with causation is only highlighting your muppetry.

Unless you can show me where Xavi never lost a Champions League tie with Iniesta on the pitch then your constant hammering on 2010 CL semis is foolishness especially as I have shown Barcelona lost pre Pep, With Pep and Post Pep with Iniesta on the pitch

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
airmark:

Thanks for the mention, Busquets can't stop getting exposed as a spineless DM.

Casemiro at Madrid 334 matches - 31 goals

Busquets at Barca 696 matches - 18 goals

Messi really carried a lot of unproductive players in Barcelona. angry

Kante as CM how many goals did he have?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

Silva had Aguero,KDB,Balotelli, Dzeko yaya Toure, Nasri wonder why they couldn't help him achieve it in club side football.
Because they are not of the caliber of Spain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

You don't know ball. Do you know how easy it is for the AM to keep possession when the two deeplying midfielders are possession players. Go and ask Ancelotti how easy it was to dominate all possession in 2009/10 with Lampard in his team

The reason why we dominated possession was simply because of Deco not any Lampard anywhere. Deco brought that Barca style that brought about calmness to our midfield with his ability to hold the ball under pressure without losing it. Nothing like Lampard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16510) (16511) (16512) (16513) (16514) (16515) (16516) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.