Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,025 members, 7,876,843 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10806661 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17878) (17879) (17880) (17881) (17882) (17883) (17884) ... (19519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
Theuniverse:
special agent jorginho crash arsenal last season. now agent havertz have gone to slow and sink them finally. agent mount delivered to united to crash them. all this our agents rugged them, Chelsea legends in and out, more morale to them. two obstacles out of our way for top four.
🤣🤣
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
nihilistjnr:

shocked shocked

In the UK terms, this is a very problematic statement. grin cheesy

Pause.

Precisely why I phrased it that way.

But you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Lahm - Ramos - Maldini - A.Cole. Fullbacks with strong defense and offense. CBs can also cover on the rare occasion those FBs get caught out.
Exactly what I'd have picked. ASB Shaa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jodera:
That's the first time I know/remember I've ever called someone's post gibberish/nonsense.

If there was a way I could unread that post I swear I for do am. Omorr e weak me grin
You too sef dey fall hands, how can you say Saka is above average?
Saka is a world-class player, the only winger that I rated ahead of him for now, is Vinici Junior.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
Unlimited22:

Exactly what I'd have picked. ASB Shaa.
Hehehe. Welcome back, bro grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
MorataFC:
Saka is a world-class player, the only winger that I rated ahead of him for now, is Vinici Junior.
Lol... I still feel he's a top player but not World class yet but he's nearing that level. Even Vini, I still don't rate him as World class

He(they) obviously needs that numbers consistently to reach that World class levels
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
MorataFC:
Make una dey calm down. Saka never reach WC levels. Even Vinicius sef. Consistency + multiple exceptional performances at the highest level is what makes you WC. IMO, once you are world-class, you will always be world-class. Your form and performances may diminish but that tag is permanent. It's a recognition of what you've done or achieved.

By the way, is Sterling world-class? E get why I dey ask grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Make una dey calm down. Saka never reach WC levels. Even Vinicius sef. Consistency + multiple exceptional performances at the highest level is what makes you WC. IMO, once you are world-class, you will always be world-class. Your form and performances may diminish but that tag is permanent. It's a recognition of what you've done or achieved.

Lol... True words.
World class bar is high and Obvious. It shouldn't be reduced to something ordinary where any good player can attain.

As for the bolded, definitely No!!

Any player who have uncertainty over him on whether he's a good player or not is certainly isn't world class. In fact, Sterling was more heralded in Liverpool than Man City even though he posted more numbers in the latter.

Ironic, Yeah, but that should tell you all you need to know
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Make una dey calm down. Saka never reach WC levels. Even Vinicius sef.
Vini is not world class But kimmich is world class for winning Bayernliga year in and year out. Well done
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
Capaldi:

Vini is not world class But kimmich is world class for winning Bayernliga year in and year out. Well done

World class = Good stats/performance + consistency.

That's why Raheem Sterling is not world class despite his G/A numbers in Mancity.

Consistency at the highest level is all that matters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:

Exactly, Vinicius and SAKA are still top level players.

World class comes with time and consistency.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
Vischy:

World class = Good stats/performance + consistency.

That's why Raheem Sterling is not world class despite his G/A numbers in Mancity.

Consistency at the highest level is all that matters.
We are talking about Vinicius. There's no clear and universal agreed definition of a world class player. Sterling at Man City had world class numbers with only Salah amongst wingers scoring more if that's not consistency at the highest level then tell me what is. Vini and sterling at Man city are not world class but Kimmich is world class for winning Bayernliga year in and year out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
Capaldi:

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jodera:

Lol... True words.
World class bar is high and Obvious. It shouldn't be reduced to something ordinary where any good player can attain.

As for the bolded, definitely No!!

Any player who have uncertainty over him on whether he's a good player or not is certainly isn't world class. In fact, Sterling was more heralded in Liverpool than Man City even though he posted more numbers in the latter.

Ironic, Yeah, but that should tell you all you need to know
Sterling's case is an interesting one because he has the numbers and trophies to back up that claim. Years from now, you go see kids dey argue say Sterling na one of the GOATS of his generation based on his stats. Na us wey watch am go dey tell dem say the guy no great like that. Sterling is just a good player who was part of a great team. He has never and will never be the main man on any top team. Na why I dey laugh when Chelsea sign am. This guy no fit drag teams to titles.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Sterling's case is an interesting one because he has the numbers and trophies to back up that claim. Years from now, you go see kids dey argue say Sterling na one of the GOATS of his generation based on his stats. Na us wey watch am go dey tell dem say the guy no great like that. Sterling is just a good player who was part of a great team. He has never and will never be the main man on any top team. Na why I dey laugh when Chelsea sign am. This guy no fit drag teams to titles.

Sterling is the Messi of Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
Capaldi:

We are talking about Vinicius. There's no clear and universal agreed definition of a world class player. Sterling at Man City had world class numbers with only Salah amongst wingers scoring more if that's not consistency at the highest level then tell me what is. Vini and sterling at Man city are not world class but Kimmich is world class for winning Bayernliga year in and year out.

You're the only person talking about kimmich,nobody else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
Vischy:

You're the only person talking about kimmich,nobody else.
The discussion is about players being world class. Do you rank kimmich as world class?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Yea, same as dembele to barca
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Football is now internet-first and Statistics before actually judging a player so I won't be surprised if 10yrs from now, Sterling would be termed Goat. Plus he's British, so they might even overhype him ontop.

That's why it's doing me somehow if a good player is talked down or not really acknowledged because of he doesn't have that statistics to back him up. There's big difference between watching someone live and just going to Wikipedia to look at stats in order to judge a player. Na one of the reasons I tackle Real.tord ystdy sha grin

And as for the bolded, it's true. He's always part of a main team and can never be a main man. And it's very very difficult to be world class if you're not a main man (at least in your department)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
Realtord43:
Yea, same as dembele to barca

Lewandowski is my top scorer

Sterling is your top scorer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
People tend to abuse the word WORLD CLASS alots

using just two to three good seasons of a player to rate him to be world class is a big error. Consistency is longetivity, if a player cant stay long to give top performance, he wil neva be world class.

players like courtiho, ronato sanchez, alexis sanchez are guys you think wil stay afloat with the form, but look how short the dipped.

vini
saka
sterling
kimmich
still average!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jodera:
Football is now internet-first and Statistics before actually judging a player so I won't be surprised if 10yrs from now, Sterling would be termed Goat. Plus he's British, so they might even overhype him ontop.

That's why it's doing me somehow if a good player is talked down or not really acknowledged because of he doesn't have that statistics to back him up. There's big difference between watching someone live and just going to Wikipedia to look at stats in order to judge a player. Na one of the reasons I tackle Real.tord ystdy sha grin

And as for the bolded, it's true. He's always part of a main team and can never be a main man. And it's very very difficult to be world class if you're not a main man (at least in your department)
if saka is not average then Nik pepe is a top player when he was playing in france, b4 arsenal sign him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Lewandowski is my top scorer

Sterling is your top scorer
In the last three seasons,dembele was your messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Look at what this baba is saying. Later you will be angry we are dragging you. I think your club was linked with him last to take him on loan. What now happened?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
Capaldi:

Wetin Vinicius do wey Gnabry never do before? Do you see Bayern fans proclaiming Gnabry as WC? Or is it because Vini is the rave of the moment. Sterling's numbers don't count for muchy because he doesn't pass the eye test. His stats is partly due to the tactical brilliance of Pep, not because of some exceptional talent he has. He has never been THE top player for either club or country at any point in time in his career.

Na only for BuLi Kimmich dey perform abi? He no get anything outside Germany, shey? Kimmich is world-class because he has been incredibly consistently over the last 6 seasons, turning up in some of the biggest games at the highest level. He is the best player on one of the top 3 teams in the world. Why you go even compare Kimmich, a DM with wingers like Vinicius and Sterling in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2023
Realtord43:
if saka is not average then Nik pepe is a top player when he was playing in france, b4 arsenal sign him
If that's your personal opinion, then who am I to hold it against you.

We're talking about a general consensus (opinion) here and almost everyone except you will agree that Saka is not average!!

You can still be that Wikipedia-analysts who judge footballers by only Numbers!!

It's your choice bro grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jodera:
If that's your personal opinion, then who am I to hold it against you.

We're talking about a general consensus (opinion) here and almost everyone except you will agree that Saka is not average!!

You can still be that Wikipedia-analysts who judge footballers by only Numbers!!

It's your choice bro grin
Do you believe Arsenal will dish out 70m to buy a average player from ligue 1?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
pkasso:
Wetin Vinicius do wey Gnabry never do before? Do you see Bayern fans proclaiming Gnabry as WC? Or is it because Vini is the rave of the moment. Sterling's numbers don't count for muchy because he doesn't pass the eye test. His stats is partly due to the tactical brilliance of Pep, not because of some exceptional talent he has. He has never been THE top player for either club or country at any point in time in his career.

Na only for BuLi Kimmich dey perform abi? He no get anything outside Germany, shey? Kimmich is world-class because he has been incredibly consistently over the last 6 seasons, turning up in some of the biggest games at the highest level. He is the best player on one of the top 3 teams in the world. Why you go even compare Kimmich, a DM with wingers like Vinicius and Sterling in the first place?

Nonsense, Gnabry who? If it's a joke please stop it. The only place Kimmich has been consistent is in the Bayernliga and flopping in major tournaments for Germany but yet he is proclaimed as World class lmao. What a joke.

Nor be only eye test na nose test. Does Haaland pass your so called eye test? You don't need talent or being one pseudo main man to be world class when you are dropping the numbers for your team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dreamxhaser: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Havertz10:
Podcast
Infographic videos
In person analysis

if you are always on the money with your views and insights, your credibility would rise against mainstream opinions that have been hacked. people would come

match reviews
Team reviews
Player reviews
Transfer judgements
Goals appreciation
Assists appreciations
Pass appreciations
Game play
Tactics
Stats that aren’t noticed

Personally I would recommend that you launch your platform with analysis about mason mount, so many united fans are unhappy, you would get views

That criminal has mastered PR

Independent media is the future, be committed and consistent, we could be celebrating you tomorrow, start yesterday and share the links, let’s boost you.

Wow thank you boss

Going by your advice I've already started creating a content on Mason Mount

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Wow thank you boss

Going by your advice I've already started creating a content on Mason Mount
Does he know?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Realtord43:
Do you believe Arsenal will dish out 70m to buy a average player from ligue 1?

Lol... For you to still Judge a player through transfer fees in this present age and time is surprising.

No wonder the only way you could defend your Hazard ystdy is through his transfer fee to Madrid. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dreamxhaser: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Does he know?

I don't understand

Does he have to know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17878) (17879) (17880) (17881) (17882) (17883) (17884) ... (19519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.